Click here to return to the character page. Click here to return to the main page.
A magical horse with a horn. Little is known about them, though the audience has assumed they are intelligent.
Played by: Layton Keely
A short race, one shows up at the first casting of the Dark Curse. Little else is known about them.
Keegan Connor Tracy, Amy Acker, Catherine Lough Haggquist, Rose Mc Iver
The basic magical creatures of the Enchanted Forest, the fairies use the fairy dust the dwarves mine to make magic, which doesn't seem to have the same downsides as the dark magic everyone else uses.
- Colorful Theme Naming: "Quite A Common Fairy" reveals that some of the major fairies are named after the dominant color of their dresses besides having more elaborate, unique names. Tinkerbell was the Green Fairy and was referred to as "Green" by the Blue Fairy until Tinkerbell requested otherwise.
- Fairy Sexy: All of them so far have been attractive.
- One-Gender Race: Fairies are apparently all female. In Storybrooke, they are nuns.
Played by: Lee Arenberg, Gabe Khouth, Faustino Di Bauda, David-Paul Grove, Mike Coleman, Mig Macario, Jeffrey Kaiser, Geoff Gustafon, Ken Kramer, Richard Cox
A race of workers and miners, all male and hatched from eggs.
- Fantastic Caste System: Forced to mine fairy dust, never allowed to leave said mines and are not allowed to fall in love.
- Meaningful Names: Dwarf names are based on dominant personality traits, which are revealed through magic pickaxes. These names will change if the dominant trait changes.
- One-Gender Race: Dwarves are one of these—all male, they hatch from eggs fully formed. With clothing.
- Our Dwarves Are All the Same: Played straight or even exaggerated, since dwarves are born fully grown and conscious after hatching from eggs and are single-mindedly devoted to mining.
Played by: Mark Gibbon
An angry race of monsters who have issues with human nobles. They are intelligent enough to make deals, however.
The "Big Bad Wolf," werewolves are infectious, only vulnerable to silver and immediately fatal wounds, and transform on the three days of the full moon.
- The Nose Knows: Werewolves have this even in human form.
- Our Werewolves Are Different: In this universe, lycanthropy is a hereditary condition as well as a viral one, and its effects fade with age. Werewolves also have enhanced strength, speed, and senses even in their human forms.
- Super Speed: Another ability they have in both human and wolf form.
A standard fire-breathing lizard species that appears to be unintelligent. Malificient can turn into one when it suits her.
Played by: Giancarlo Esposito
Spirits forced to live in bottles and act as stewards of wishes.
- Jackass Genie: Averted in that it's the magic, not the genie, as the Arc Words are "Magic comes at a price". The genie is even perfectly willing to warn against it.
Played by: C. Ernst Harth
Blind, aggressive monsters that have warred with humans before.
- The Dreaded: Snow balks when she hears that the ogres have returned.
Played by: Aria Pullman
A powerful and dangerous water creature who is sought out for the healing properties of her spring. Once she dies, the spring dries up.
Played by: Jorge Garcia, Abraham Benrubi, C. Ernst Harth, Andre Tricoteux
A nearly extinct race who consider it their purpose to do nothing but grow magic beans.
- Alliterative Family: All the giants in Anton's family had names starting with A.
- Humans Are the Real Monsters: Hold this opinion, as humans previously used the magic beans for domination and conquest. When Anton accidentally spills that the beans still exist, the remaining giants are all but wiped out by King George's army.
- Last of His Kind: Anton.
- Racial Remnant: Arlo heavily implies this is the reason why they live in seclusion from humans.
- Theme Naming: Names starting with "A", although this might just be Anton's family.
A monster in the Enchanted Forest that is only seen as food on a table.
A hideous monster named Medusa whose gaze transforms her victims into stone.
A dog-beast that leaves trails of fire everywhere it goes.
Aquatic inhabitants of Neverland.
Extremely dangerous spirits that hunt down anyone bearing their mark and steal their soul.
Animated corpses controlled by a powerful spellcaster such as Cora.
- Back from the Dead: They are dead bodies animated by magic.
- Our Zombies Are Different: After ripping out people's hearts, one heart can used to control multiple hearts, and order the corpses to rise and be given a command which they will obey.
Played by: Yvette Nicole Brown
Various gods are worshiped in the Enchanted Forest.
- God Guise: Regina pretends to be Ursula to fool Ariel. When the real Ursula finds out, she's not happy.
- Legend Fades to Myth: Prince Eric's people hold an annual ball to honor the sea goddess Ursula. However, they believe that her deeds are merely stories. Turns out she's very real.
- Oh My Gods!: An expression often heard word-for-word from Enchanted Forest residents.