This is character sheet for the characters that appeared in Noblesse
open/close all folders
Main characters and their allies
Cadis Etrama Di "Rai" Raizel
- The Aloner: Especially in the past.
- Authority Equals Asskicking: Downplayed. He is revealed to be the one true Noblesse, who is the most powerful Noble in existence and the avatar of Strength but explicitly does not hold any authority. The lord is the avatar of Authority..
- Badass Boast: That tend to double as Pre-Mortem One-Liner when he uses his Blood Field.
- Battle Aura: It is later revealed his Blood Field is actually this; its function is to suppress those who has blood.
- Berserk Button: Do not harm the innocent, the weak, and anyone he considers family within his earshot. He'll be more than willing to throw himself into danger to personally execute those guilty of such.
- Bishie Sparkle
- Bloody Murder: His main attack. "I'll ask your sin...with your blood"
- Cast From Life Span: His power.
- Chick Magnet: He has a legion of fangirls at school. Unfortunately for them, he's so...out of it and unapproachable.
- Cloud Cuckoolander
- Comes Great Responsibility: As his title may have implied, he operates firmy under the noblesse oblige principle: Those with power must protect the weak. Some of the traitor clan leaders defected precisely because they didn't agree with this view.
- The Comically Serious
- Compelling Voice
- Curb-Stomp Battle: The only reason why a battle that involves him takes longer than it should is normally because he's using it as an opportunity to make it a tutorial for his underlings on how to utilize their power.
- Dissonant Serenity
- The Dreaded: As the Noblesse, he is feared by even the clan leaders, not only because he is very powerful, but also because he has the authority to execute them if he finds them guilty. He is so feared that when news break that he is still alive, the Union flies into panic.
- Expy: Of either (or both) Sebastian or Byakuya.
- Even the Guys Want Him: Shinwoo seems to think he's pretty hot.
- Fish out of Temporal Water
- Frozen Fashion Sense: Subverted. Rai goes from a formal/fancy black suit to a white school uniform right after he steps outside, in order to blend in...sorta.
- Friendly Neighborhood Vampire
- The Hero: A really unusual one
- Hikikomori: In the past. He only left his mansion when summoned by the Lord, which happened very infrequently.
- King Incognito: Pretty much the definition of Rai. His title, the Noblesse, signifies him as the Noble race's avatar of Strength, but it requires him to work in secret; none of the newly-promoted clan leaders even know who he is. He's sort of like a secret Assassin King that erases all of the Noble race's problems. Even more, in the past he regularly mind-wiped clan leaders who paid him a visit for chit-chat. It can get pretty humorous when every single villain chooses to ignore or overlook him in favor of weaker characters. And the ones who eventually realize how powerful he is tend not to live very long.
- Kuudere: Appears cold from everyone's perspective but at some times he does show concern and care towards people that he had associated with.
- Limited Wardrobe: His wardrobe consists of only school uniforms, and he still takes ages to choose what he wants to wear!
- Magnetic Hero: Makes sense, considering how freaking good looking, and amazingly strong he is. Who wouldn't want to be his friend?
- Morality Pet: To Frankenstein
- Mr. Fanservice
- Mundane Made Awesome: Every single mundane task.
- Nigh Invulnerable: It doesn't matter whether you can punch out walls, buildings, or even Cthulhu; he will casually block your punch.
- No Sense of Direction: Played for Laughs pretty often.
- Odd Friendship: He was a good friend of the previous werewolf lord, Muzaka, before the friendship somehow went sour.
- Oh, Crap: Induces this reaction from EVERYONE — especially enemies right before they die.
- OOC Is Serious Business:
- When he drops his cup of tea, Frankenstein is (understandably) shocked.
- The previous Lord even said that for Rai to actually leave his mansion is serious business.
- Our Vampires Are Different
- Power Gives You Wings: On his fight with Zarga and Urokai at once, he sports this.
- Power Limiter: His earring.
- Really 700 Years Old: He looks like a teenager or maybe a young adult physically but chronologically, he's over 1000 years old.
- Red Eyes, Take Warning: And yet no one seems to think that he's anyone dangerous or important.
- Tears of Blood: Happens twice, both in his winged mode. And this is because he's sad that he has to execute the traitor clan leaders.
- The Quiet One: He has as much lines as minor, throwaway villains, despite being the protagonist. Frank almost becomes Voice for the Voiceless because of this.
- Ship Tease: Multiple times with Raskreia/Lascrea in Chapter 336
- Showy Invincible Hero
- Signature Move: Rai keeps to a strict schedule of sitting around and drinking tea for 95% of his day. He is never seen without his tea cup in his hand, quietly listening to everything that is happening... until he has something to say. Then there is the signature *click* of his tea cup hitting the saucer, and Words of Wisdom from The Ages flow forth from his mouth. He also likes to look out of a window, a habit he's had for as long as he has lived.
- A Spot Of Tea: Seen drinking tea whenever he's not busy fighting (...or eating ramen).
- Summon Magic: When in his winged mode, he can call a blood eagle to finish off his target.
- The Stoic: He's the very definition of it.
- Tall, Dark and Handsome
- Trademark Favorite Food: Ramen
- Tranquil Fury: Lampshaded by the scanlator here.
- Again, in chapter 307 when confronting Ignes.
Rai: Did you do this?
- We Used to Be Friends: With Muzaka.
- Why Did It Have To Be Doors?: For the longest time, Rai had trouble with opening Frankenstein's apartment door. (In fact, during the big battle of a story arc, it repeatedly cut to him trying to open the door with no success and ended with him breaking Frankenstein's window. He still didn't manage to get out.) He has since conquered this in a Crowning Moment of Awesome. Unfortunately, he now has to confront automatic doors...
- Agent Peacock: The previous lord even lampshades this.
- Badass Bookworm: A genius scientist...and also one hell of a fighter.
- Battle Butler
- Beam Spam
- Berserk Button: Do NOT insult his master. Or you will die a very painful (but swift) death.
- Beware the Nice Ones
- Bodyguarding a Badass
- Casting a Shadow
- Charles Atlas Superpower: He's actually a human who gained all his powers through his own knowledge, study, and hard work.
- Chick Magnet
- Curb-Stomp Battle: Once his seal is released.
- Dark Is Not Evil
- Evil Weapon: Apparently a counterpart to soul weapons, Frank can summon the Dark Spear, which provides a similar measure of power to a soul weapon — but has a noticeably darker aura...and tries to eat him alive.
- Fangs Are Evil: When Rai gave him permission to release his seal when he encountered the Kertia noble.
- Humans Are Special: Revealed in chapter 190. He was explicitly acknowledged by the previous Lord because he had power rivalling that of a clan leader's DESPITE being human. This kind of potential is implied to be something that Nobles lack.
- I Shall Taunt You: Don't expect any verbal courtesy from him when fighting him.
- It Amused Me: Once he lets himself get 'kidnapped' by Yuri and meets Dr. Arith who is looking for experiment subject. Frankenstein quickly shows Arith just how far below him she is.
- The Lancer: To Rai.
- Mad Scientist
- Mr. Fanservice
- Neat Freak: Very few things annoy Frank more than someone messing up his meticulously clean mansion; something Shinwoo & co. are often unwittingly guilty of. Hilarity Ensues.
- Oh, Crap: In contrast to Rai, he induces this to the enemies before fighting them.
- Ojou Ringlets: He used to have them until Art Evolution took place.
- Pet the Dog: When he allows M-21, Tao and Takeo to stay in his house after their Heel Face Turns.
- Power Limiter: Apparently imposed by Rai, though he can release it himself.
- Power Nullifier: Apparently Frank's attack has this effect on the Agents' Healing Factor.
- Professor Guinea Pig: Instead of using humans to advance his research, Frankenstein claims that he experimented on himself.
- Really 700 Years Old: Could be 1000 years old, if not older.
- Reasonable Authority Figure: As the principal of his school.
- Slasher Smile: When he really lets loose.
- Sociopathic Hero
- Subordinate Excuse: Frankenstain is a wealthy high school principal, whom after 800 years of being his own man, immediately reappoints himself as butler, caretaker & bodyguard of the Noblesse, whom he was looking for the entire time.
- Undying Loyalty: Towards Rai.
- You are Number Zero/My Hero Zero: Of the Raizel Knights. Tao gave him the honorary number zero.
- Your Soul Is Mine: His Dark Spear is hungry for souls. On-screen, it has claimed two victims: 11th Elder and 9th Elder.
- Book Worm: In the web novel of Noblesse, Noblesse S, it is revealed that he gets pretty good grades.
- Distressed Dude: Gets kidnapped quite often
- Mistaken for Gay: At one point, Shinwoo mistakenly thinks that Ik-han is in a romantic relationship with a man. Then again, that man is Tao...
- Morality Pet: To the main Nobles, Modified Humans, and Frankenstein; mainly to Rai, Tao and possibly Regis.
- The Napoleon: On the same level as Regis. He even mentions to Regis that he feels a closeness to him due to the fact that only Regis is short like him. Regis doesn't react very happily to this.
- Playful Hacker
- Distressed Damsel: Was kidnapped by M-21 and M-24 before the former's Heel-Face Turn and the latter's death.
- Morality Pet: To the main Nobles, Modified Humans, and Frankenstein
- Ship Tease: It is implied that she has feelings for M-21. They have a cute moment in a chapter of Noblesse S.
- Those Two Girls: Often this with Suyi since she's normal.
Regis K. Landegre
Seira J. Loyard
- Badass Adorable
- Clothing Damage: Recently a common victim of this.
- Curb-Stomp Battle: Dishes this out regularly early on, but the enemies are getting stronger and now she's on the receiving end often.
- Feminine Women Can Cook: Frank often compliments her great cooking, and she seems very happy about it.
- Finger Poke of Doom: Played for Laughs in chapter 204.
- Heroic Albino
- Lady of War
- Little Miss Badass: Little relative to the other clan leaders; She is much younger than them, being one generation younger, but she is still a clan leader.
- Magic Skirt: This trope is the only reason she didn't flash a dozen Panty Shots during her fight with the 7th Elder, Zarga.
- Rapunzel Hair
- Really 700 Years Old: She's 217 years old.
- Red Eyes, Take Warning
- School Uniforms Are the New Black
- Scythe Beam
- Ship Tease: Various with Shinwoo. He is also the only person so far she smiles at.
- Sinister Scythe: The Death Scythe of the Loyard clan. In-universe, it's considered to be the inspiration for the Grim Reaper's scythe from human myths.
- The Stoic
- Summon Magic: She can summon a huge Grim Reaper, usually as a Finishing Move.
- Supreme Chef: She is very good at cooking.
- Waif-Fu: Her fight with the 7th Elder is really her first true hand-to-hand fight against somebody of similar power, and really showcases how much more acrobatic her fighting style is.
- Unwanted Harem: Some of Shinwoo's friend assume her to be in one. She's not.
- Worf Effect: As with Regis above, she is no match for nobles older than her, such as Rozaria and Zarga.
- Yamato Nadeshiko: A reserved Lady of War with a Hime Cut and cooking skills.
- You Are Number Five: Of Raizel Knights, without her knowledge, although she doesn't mind.
- Authority Equals Asskicking: Noble clan leaders far outpower the rest of the nobles, and the lord is even stronger. Rai even praises the current lord, Raskreia, for being able to use a huge amount of power with just half of her soul weapon.
- Awesome McCoolname: Aside from Cadis Etrama Di Raizel, we have Elga Kenesis Di Raskreia, the current lord.
- Barrier Warrior: Ludis Mergas, who uses Beehive Barrier. He is also essentially Lukedonia's Minister of Defense.
- Big Brother Mentor: Karias towards Regis.
- Bloody Murder: The lord.
- Bunny-Ears Lawyer: Karias Bloster is a funny-guy who can rarely be taken seriously, but one must not forget he is still a clan leader.
- Cool Big Sis: Rozaria towards Seira.
- Costume Tropes:
- Covered with Scars: Kaye.
- Deadly Euphemism: When high-ranking nobles start talking about "proper courtesies", prepare to die.
- Also, while "eternal sleep" sounds respectful, "forced eternal sleep" doesn't sound as comforting.
- Elderly Immortal: Gejutel. His elderly looks has Tao constantly call him grandpa, which, while accurate (as he is Regis' grandfather), pisses him off.
- Empathic Weapon: The noble clan leaders' Soul Weapons. They are the symbol of a leader, and materialize on command. Oh, and each soul weapon contain all of the souls and might of its predecessor wielders, so it gets more powerful with each generation.
- Everyone Calls Him Barkeep: Noble lords. This is among the reasons why the previous lord is reluctant to give her daughter Raskreia the title of lord; he's worried about what would happen should her name be forgotten.
- Generation Xerox: The only thing differentiating Rajak Kertia and his predecessor Ragar is the latter's ponytail.
- Healing Shiv: Raskreia uses the half of Ragnarok that the previous lord left for Rai to refill Rai's dwindling life force. Of course, when Frankie sees her do that, he... doesn't take it well, until Gejutel explains. Even the previous lord jokingly chastises Raskreia for stabbing Rai with it.
- Hot Witch: Rozaria, a Meganekko Lady of Black Magic.
- Idiot Hair: Karias.
- Never a Self-Made Woman: The current lord tries to avert this trope, refusing to merge the two Ragnaroks her father split in order to gain srength with her own methods, earning her a post-mortem praise from her father.
- Never Say "Die": The elder clan leaders "went to eternal sleep".
- Nice Guy: The previous lord may be a joker, but he's still a decent person.
- Ninja: The Kertias. Complete with Super Speed, No, I Am Behind You and Doppelgänger Spin. And the leaders wear face mask to battle.
- Noble Bigot: Rael Kertia looks down on humans and respects modified humans even less, but he is still loyal to Lukedonia, respects his brother, and genuinely cares for Seira (albeit in a wrong way).
- Our Vampires Are Different
- Peek-a-Bangs: Ludis.
- Really 700 Years Old: Except for Gejutel, all nobles look very youthful.
- Red Eyes, Take Warning: All nobles have red eyes, signifying their superhumanity.
- Screw Destiny: The previous Lord explains this as his intentions here.
Previous Lord: We want them to live their lives according to their own choices, not fate. We do not want them to follow in our footsteps; but to be able to choose the life they want, and live it as they please.
- Serious Business: Honorifics is a serious business in Lukedonia.
- Everyone in Lukedonia always addresses Rai formally.
- Seira insists on addressing Rozaria with Rozaria-nim despite the latter's request for Seira to address her with a less-formal Unninote .
- When Karias off-handedly addresses the lord with the informal Nunimnote , the other clan leaders go berserk.
- Single-Target Sexuality: Rael towards Seira.
- Video Wills: The previous lord left some for Rai and Raskreia, all of which are recorded inside the two parts of Ragnarok. Subverted with the third one which appears after Raskreia uses one half-Ragnarok to restore Rai's life force; This one really is the previous lord in person, if only a fragment of his soul, memory and personality.
- Weapon of Choice: The soul weapons of the clan leaders. Each of them also has a name.
- Yandere: Rael.
- Your Approval Fills Me with Shame: Karias' reaction to the previous Lord's praise towards his personality.
Note: Refer to Traitor Clan Leaders for 4th, 6th and 7th Elders. Refer to Werewolves for 2nd and 5th Elder.
- A House Divided: There are several sub-factions among the Elders, and they are not very amicable with one another.
- All-Encompassing Mantle: Several Elders wear this.
- Blinding Bangs: 3rd Elder, although in battle we get to see his Occult Blue Eyes.
- Close-Call Haircut: 10th Elder gets his moustache sliced off before he and Seira get serious.
- Deadly Gaze: 3rd Elder is somehow able to attack by merely staring.
- The Dragon: 9th Elder seems to be one for 4th.
- Everyone Calls Him Barkeep: Union leaders almost strictly address one another by title. One of them once calls 13th Elder, Crombell, by name, but quickly corrects themself.
- Fat Bastard and Bald of Evil: 10th Elder, Rostere.
- Thirteen Is Unlucky: The current 13th elder, Crombell, is the closest we have to the Big Bad of the story.
- Hollywood Cyborg: 8th Elder.
- Horned Hairdo: 11th Elder, Muar.
- In the Hood: 5th, 6th and 7th elder during their introduction.
- Kamehamehadoken: A very common attack among the Elders.
- Killed Off for Real: Several. The surviving ones are 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 5th and 13th.
- Mad Scientist: 9th Elder, whom Crombell views as his rival. Turns out several of his inventions are actually a joint project with Ignes.
- Man in White: Many Elders.
- Omnicidal Maniac: The elders have no qualm about blowing up buildings without clearing the place of humans first.
- Omniscient Council of Vagueness: The board of executives, fairly explicitly modelled after SEELE.
- One-Winged Angel: Some Elders have this.
- Psycho Prototype: 8th Elder is the first anti-clan-leader weapon developed by Ignes and 9th Elder. He's also very unhinged.
- Taking You with Me: 10th Elder tries this on Rai. It fails, though it does over-exert Rai.
- Underestimating Badassery: Human elders are really bad at underestimating Noble clan leaders.
Traitor Clan Leaders
This folder covers 4th Elder Roctis Kravei, 6th Elder Urokai Agvain and 7th Elder Zarga Siriana, plus three more: Laguz Tradio and two yet to be revealed. Their family (such as Roctis' daughter Ignes) will be put here also.
Tropes that apply to the traitor clan leaders as a whole:
The daughter of Roctis. Since her father is still alive, she has yet to inherit his soul weapon. As such, she severely resents the other nobles of her generation, who have all become far more powerful than her. Thus, she's come to rely on questionable experiments in order to compensate for her lack of raw strength.
- Bare Your Midriff: When she goes to attack the KSA, she's wearing a combination halter/belly shirt.
- Combat Pragmatist: She's more than happy to gang up, ambush or distract her opponents to win her fights, even when said opponents are already below her level (as Seira and Rael can attest).
- Daddy's Little Villain
- Dark Action Girl
- Eye Scream: The first punishment Rai dishes out to her for torturing Seira, Regis and Rael. Had Roctis not interfered, she would have suffered more.
- Mad Scientist: In a twist, because she is not an Elder, many of her inventions are credited to 9th Elder who collaborates with her.
- Oh, Crap: Once she realizes it is Rai who infiltrates her lab.
- The Resenter: She is doubly unhappy for being passed over the seat of Union Elder and for not having a soul weapon, both due to her father Roctis still being an active Elder.
- We Can Rule Together: She offers this to Rael since he was in a similar position to her (His older brother was chosen to be the full clan leader, so he normally shouldn't have been able to inherit a soul weapon). He refuses.
There are several werewolves in the Union. Some of them hold the Elder positions.
Tropes that apply to the werewolves as a whole:
The first true werewolf introduced in the story.
The current leader of the werewolves. 5th Elder reveres him.
A companion of 5th Elder.
- The Brute: While 5th Elder can occasionally act diplomatic, Kentas is more eager to just fight.
The previous leader of the werewolves, and a former friend of Rai