- Ax-Crazy: If all the things he did because he was simply "rich and bored" dictates, he is a complete and utter lunatic.
- Composite Character: Of Batman and The Joker.
- For the Evulz: Nemesis tells Blake that he is the son of two complete psychos Blake busted and sent to their deaths but it's all lies. The son in question died before the story even began. Nemesis is just some rich, bored guy looking for kicks as a supervillain.
- Gambit Roulette: When Batman mixes with The Joker this happens.
- Light Is Not Good: He is a psychopath with a light white costume.
- Man in White: As mention above.
- Rule of Cool: How else is he able to stay on the outside of a plane mid-flight?
- White Shirt of Death: His costume is entirely white, leaving blood highly visible on it whenever he's slaughtering people.
- Black Best Friend: He is pretty much this to Blake Morrow later its revealed to be subverted
- Big Bad Friend: And that he works for Nemesis
- Dirty Cop
- The Mole: He has been working for Nemesis for the past eight years
- Our Presidents Are Different: When Blake is faced with a Sadistic Choice, the President or his wife, both of whom are rigged with explosives, the President enforced a third option. He gets in Nemesis' face and orders Blake to blow him up.