Characters: Negima Other
That's right, Mahou Sensei Negima!
is so overstuffed
that it broke the folder system, and it's just going to get worse from here. So we decided to split the page. This page is for the staff of Mahora, its associated characters and other miscellaneous characters. You're on the home stretch. Better grab a toothpick.This page is full of spoilers, naturally. You have been warned.
open/close all folders
Death Glasses/The Eternal Wind
Class 2A's original homeroom teacher, Asuna was quite upset when she learned that Negi was taking over that job. Takamichi is an old friend of Negi's, as evidenced when Negi greeted him in casual mode, when Negi first arrived at Mahora University.
Voiced by: Norihiro Inoue (Japanese), Tetsuya Iwanaga (Ala Rubra Drama CD), Mark Stoddard (English)
- Brick Joke: When discussing Takahata's popularity, Mei mentions the rumor that he had destoryed an entire evil secret organization by himself. Almost half the manga later, we meet a survivor of that organization who's holding a bit of a grudge.
University Headmaster, head of the Kanto Magical Association, and Konoka's grandfather.
Voiced by: Mahito Tsujimura (Japanese), Randy Tallman (Negima!), R. Bruce Elliott (Onwards) (English)
- Amusing Injuries: Like when Konoka smacks him with a mallet for trying to persuade Negi to go out with her.
- Badass Grandpa: In Chapter 332 he kicked the asses of Quartum and Quintum without breaking a sweat.
- Brick Joke: Early on there are a few jokes about how he wants to set up Konoka with Negi. This makes more sense when you realize A. She's got enormous magical potential, B. Negi is the son of the strongest mage alive (barring maybe Evangeline) C. Said mage is a world famous hero D. Negi is royalty and E. Negi has absolutely ridiculous potential. He was being serious and it actually makes perfect sense.
- The Other Darrin: In the English version. After Randy Tallman's death, R. Bruce Elliot has handled voicing Konoemon.
- Pass the Popcorn: During the Battle of Mahora, he and Evangeline spend the entire time sitting on the sidelines and watching while drinking sake.
- Reasonable Authority Figure: All he needs is his granddaughter, a lesbian half demon Samurai, and a talking ermine to show up with a message from a ten-year-old that said ten-year-old's supergenius Chinese descendant from the future is going to use an army of robots to break The Masquerade, and he sends out for a huge shipment of weapons from the Magic World, and helps organize the student body into a Redshirt Army.
- Repetitive Name: Like his granddaughter, his names sound very similar: Konoe Konoemon.
- Shipper on Deck: Wouldn't mind to have Konoka marrying Negi....
Takane D. Goodman
Takane D. Goodman
Impregnable Shadow Master
A zealous, by-the-book Mahora High school student who's also a secret dark mage. Also noted for her inability to keep her clothes on, or at least intact.
"I Love Cleaning" or "Cleaning Enthusiast" (for her Pactio)
Studies in Mahora Middle School as an exchange student from an American Magic School. Takane's usual partner-in-crime as they are often seen together (also her pactio partner).
Voiced by: Tomoko Nakamura (Japanese) and Lindsay Seidel (English)
Takane's second ministra.
Cocone Fatima Rosa
Cocone Fatima Rosa
Empire Immigration Program Test Subject No. 18
A mysterious young girl connected with the Church, very little is known about Cocone. She speaks rarely, and almost never to anyone but Misora, her Ministra. Because she is capable of performing a Pactio as a Magistra, she possesses some level of magic power, but her strength and skill level are a mystery.
- Ambiguously Brown: Perhaps not so ambiguous anymore; recent events suggest that she's a refugee, or at least an expatriate, of the Hellas Empire.
- Cross-Popping Veins: She gets annoyed at Misora a lot.
- Cute Mute: Never speaks. Ever.
- Emotionless Girl: The extent of the emotions she shows are just mild annoyance to Misora.
- Morality Pet: Not so much Morality as Responsibility; without Cocone around, Misora would run away from a lot more than she already does.
- Taking the Bullet: Did this for Misora in the School Festival arc, but it only resulted in her getting sent three hours into the future. It was a particularly jarring instance since she was one of the first we saw this happening to, and Misora felt very real despair, thinking she was dead.
The head nurse and guidance counselor at Mahora.
- Buxom Is Better: When Kazumi disguised herself as her, Negi could blow off her cover since her boobs weren't as big.
- Hot Mom: Was supposed to have a son around Negi's age, but the idea was scrapped off.
Negi's cousin from his father's side, she was a teenager when their hometown got destroyed. As such and
as Negi's relative, she became his caretaker until he went to Japan and she stayed in Wales. Nekane was last seen talking to Ayaka when she visited Negi's Magic Academy.
- An Arm and a Leg: Her legs were turned to stone and broke off. It is not clear if they were magically restored, or if she wears prostheses.
The main villain of the Kyoto arc, Chigusa is a young glasses wearing woman that is supposed
to work for Eishun and their magic branch, but has issues with Western mages and magic. A fairly Harmless Villain
on her own; even Negi was clearly superior to her at this point. Amusingly enough, all three of her 'minions' are far more important and powerful than she. Her plan to unseal the local sealed demon god failed spectacularly when Evangeline showed up.
- Animal Motif: Monkeys
- Arc Villain: Of the Kyoto Arc, though she was by far the weakest among them.
- Dirty Coward: Chachazero scared her into fainting.
- Freudian Excuse: She blames the Kansai Association for the deaths of her parents.
- Onmyodo: The school of magic she subscribes to. When Eastern Magic started being passed up in favor of Western Magic, that just added to her above Freudian Excuse.
- Paper Talisman: usually her casting medium - used one to make a massive wall of flames to prevent Negi and co. from following her.
- Smug Snake: Her arrogance - most of which is based on her admittedly competent and powerful minions - is surpassed only by her cowardice.
- Summon Magic: Unleashed a plague of frogs on 2-A during their train trip to Kyoto, and has summoned monkeys on other occasions, as well as using Konoka to unseal an Eldritch Abomination that Chigusa would then (presumably) control.
Kaoru Gōtokuji is a minor reoccurring character that made his first appearance during the preliminary round of the festival fighting tournament. From there he has made appearances as a commentator during the tournament proper. He participated in the Mahora War with several other tournament participants getting seventh place out of the entire school. He has recently made a very minor appearance along with the other three fighters from the festival.
- Big Damn Heroes: When normal people got themselves invaded by demons leaking out from the Magic World, he just smacks one like it was nothing.
- Chew Bubblegum: Although Kaoru never says the line himself, he is shown to be carrying bubblegum on him at the time of the fighting tournament. It seems that by having bubblegum he was unable to bring the ass-kicking since he was knocked out of the preliminaries by Negi.
- Combat Commentator: Gōtokuji acts as a commentator alongside Chachamaru during the fighting tournament. He provides insightful information on the different competitors more obscure techniques, such as Mana’s Rakansen.
- Delinquent: Averted in that he looks like a delinquent, including pompadour, but his personality is nothing like a delinquents being very friendly.
- Ki Attacks: Gōtokuji has some skill in ki attacks, being shown to be able to use the long hit technique in his fight against Negi.
- Loin Cloth: After getting inflicted with Clothing Damage.
Chachazero is Evangeline's other
servant. Unlike Chachamaru
, Chachazero is basically as crazy and vicious as Tsukuyomi... only she's about a foot tall and completely immobile without someone to supply her with mana, so she basically just gets to say funny things.
- Ax-Crazy: To be fair, for her only 'fight' she just terrified her opponent into submission and then made fun of her unconscious opponent.
- BFS: But only relative to her own tiny size. For anyone else it'd be a big knife. For her? Twice her size.
- Heroic Comedic Sociopath: She never actually gets to do the horrible things she suggests, so it's played for laughs.
One of the magic teachers at Mahora, she's best known for being Setsuna's teacher of the Shinmeiryu arts. She is apparently quite skilled, capable of easily cutting a bullet in half. Not that it helped, but it's the thought that counts.
- Action Girl: Goes head-to-head with Setsuna and Kaede during Mahorafest.
- Blank White Eyes: Upon seeing Shakti and Seruhiko not killed, but instead stripped by invading demons.
- Christmas Cake: Technically, she does have a boyfriend, but she seems to be kind of antsy about approaching 30 without being married. In the bad future, separation from him sent her into an unreasoning rage, forcing a confrontation with Kaede and Setsuna.
- Hot Teacher: The students certainly appreciate it.
- Stern Teacher: The students were surprised that she would participate in something as 'silly' as the Mahorafest finale.
- Telepathy: Played for Laughs when she "hears" Setsuna thinking of her as an "experienced" fighter, and interpret it as "middle aged hag".
- The Stoic: Normally.
Seruhiko, Akashi, Gandolfini, Mitsuru Nijūin, Kataragi, Sister Shakti
Characters in the future timeline
Maki Sasaki's younger brother, who appears seven years after the main story timeline, studying in high school.
A close friend of Kagehisa. A Class Rep
of one of the classes in St. Ursula Girls' Highschool.
- Class Representative: Pretty much the only detail known about her is that she takes her duty seriously.
Yuki-chan and Haruki-kun
A pair of elementary schoolers, showing up mostly durning school festivals.
- Crush Blush: Both got quite a Luminescent Blush durning the confession.
- Dark Horse Victory: In The Mahora Festival Best Couple Contest, they won against aged up Negi with Ako, and a pair of highschoolers (which shocked the girl intensely)
Alright we're done here. Go brush your teeth.