Characters: Naruto - Movie Exclusive Characters
aka: Naruto-Films Only
Back to the main character index
This is for Naruto
characters who are, so far, exclusive to the films in which they appear.
open/close all folders
Naruto The Movie: Ninja Clash in the Land of Snow
An actress who goes under the name Yukie Fujikaze. She's really the princess of the Land of Snow in hiding after her uncle had taken it over.
- Broken Bird: Due to the conflict going on in her country.
- Defrosting Ice Queen: Starts off rude and callous due to her life on the run. Over the course of the film bonding with Naruto, she starts to open up more and become hopeful by films end.
- Drowning My Sorrows: Does so at the beginning of the movie after initially running away from Team 7.
- MacGuffin Girl: Her uncle is after her as she has a pendent that'll supposely activate a weapon.
The main villain of the movie and uncle to Koyuki that has usurped the Land of Snow from her father.
- An Ice Person: Par for the course coming from a land of snow.
- Evil Uncle
- Powered Armor: Wears charka armor which gives him limitless charka as well as defense against ninjutsu and genjutsu.
- Pyrrhic Villainy / Nice Job Fixing It, Villain: He goes through all the trouble to get Koyuko's pendent thinking it'll activate a weapon that her father left behind. Turns out it was just a generator that will melt the snow and allow spring to temporarily come to the land. All his efforts amounted to was finally activating it after so long. The reason it was delayed? He had killed his brother before he had the chance to activate the thing.
Doto's three henchmen: Nadare Rōga, Fubuki Kakuyoku and Mizore Fuyukuma
- An Ice Person: Again, all are from an ice country so pretty obvious they have attacks that are ice or snow base.
- Arrogant Kung-Fu Guy: Nadare full stop, he even names his attacks after himself.
- Powered Armor: Like Doto they all wear charka armor to enhance their abilities. It winds up backfiring for Fubuki and Mizore however when they end up colliding and their armor cracks and blows the both of them up.
- Quirky Mini Boss Squad: Pretty much created to give the rest of Team 7 someone to fight.
- The Big Guy: Mizore
- The Rival: Nardare sees himself as one to Kakashi since they fought before in the past. Kakashi doesn't really acknowledges him however.
- The Smurfette Principle: Fubuki, the only female on the team.
Naruto the Movie: Legend of the Stone of Gelel
A knight that works for Haido in order to find the Gelel stone. He's really the heir to his clan that was destroyed by Haido himself
- Heel-Face Turn: Started off opposing Naruto but once he finds out the truth, he switches sides.
- Heroic Sacrifice: Attempts it while sealing away the Gelel stone but Naruto saves him at the last moment.
- The Atoner: By the end of the film to make up for his actions and to honor the sacrifice of some of his friends who unwillingly were made into artificial knights. Their spirits at one point manage to shield him from a attack by Haido
- You Killed My Family: Toward Hadio
A supposed priest searching for the Stone of Gelel to find utopia In truth he's a power hungry warlord who wants the stone to take over the world.
- Big Bad: Of the second film
- High-Class Glass: Wears a monocle.
- Jekyll & Hyde: His monster motif when he uses the Gelel stone as a symbolism for his two-faced nature.
- Manipulative Bastard: Tricked Temujin into helping him find the Gelel Stone with him unaware he was his clan's killer.
- Powered by a Forsaken Child: His knight henchman are really children who're morphed into knights by the gelel stone.
- Too Dumb to Live: During his final attacks on Naruto. He dismisses one of his attack despite the fact it broke through his shields. He takes one of Naruto's resengans head on ..and it burrows right through his chest and eventually his heart.
Along with Temujin, Hadio has three female knights who can morph to more monstrous forms with the power of the Gelel Stone. They are named Fugai, Kamira, and Ranke.
- Amazon Brigade
- Buried Alive: Ranke's fate when Gaara uses Sand Burial on her.
- Genre Savvy: Kamira does showcase this in her fight against Shikimaru as she knows he didn't coat the whole area with paper bombs and was trying to bait her in a certain direction. But doesn't see Kankurō's puppet behind her before it's too late. Resulting in her being caught and Death By A Thousand Cuts.
- Hoist by His Own Petard: Fugai is defeated when Sakura tricks her into howling under some giant chimes which causes the place to vibrate and collapse the structure over her.
- Monster Mash: All their Gelel forms are based on a classical monster.
- Make Me Wanna Shout: Fugai uses powerful wolf howls.
- Mind Screw: Kamira can do this to her opponents with her illusions. Oddly she only uses it once.
- Quirky Miniboss Squad:
- Shock and Awe: Ranke who uses electrical attacks.
Naruto the Movie: Guardians of the Crescent Moon Kingdom
Prince of the Crescent Moon Kingdom. A kindly if not obese man who doesn't really know the meaning behind ruling a kingdom...initially.
- Big Eater: In his current state, said to have started doing so after his wife left him.
- Face Death with Dignity: It doesn't come to that thankfully, but when put on a plank with a noose around his neck. He initially sobs hysterically. But then realizes what his wife and father were trying to tell him about ruling a kingdom and eventually stops and composes himself to keep himself from falling.
- Nice Guy: Compared to his son, he's pretty modest at the start and doesn't act like a prick.
- Rich in Dollars, Poor in Sense: A trait of his at the start since he's been spoiled most of his life and spends money on a whim (he buys an entire circus at the start of the movie). His wife left him for this reason and refuses to take him back until he learns there's more to ruling a kingdom then wealth and power.
- Took a Level in Badass: Somewhat, he eventually does realize what's important to ruling a kingdom, refuses to give satisfaction to Shabadaba to seeing him blubber after this revelation and even manages to aid Naruto in beating Ishidate and during the credits we see him working out and starting to gain muscles.
Michiru's bratty son and thus second prince to the Crescent Kingdom.
- Bratty Half-Pint: Starts off like this at first.
- Chekhov's Skill: His archery which comes into play when he has to fire an arrow at the noose around his father's neck.
- Rich in Dollars, Poor in Sense: Like his father, he wanted the sabertooth tiger because it was rare but when it wouldn't make friends with him. He nearly abandoned it during a rainstorm on the boat ride back to his kingdom. Some choice words from Naruto eventually break him of this and the situation in the kingdom even moreso.
- The Archer: Fairly good with a bow and arrow.
- Took a Level in Badass: If you can make friends with a sabertooth tiger and ride it to go save your father while shooting at a moving target...yeah you've pretty much done this.
One of the ministers who preform a coup on the Crescent Kingdom and tries to take it over.
- Aristocrats Are Evil: Part of the royal court but wanted to up his status.
- Big Bad Duumvirate: With Ishidate being the one who throws things into motion.
- Bond Villain Stupidity: He manages to capture Michiru but rather then kill him outright. He had him stand on a plank with a noose around his neck hoping he would fall. Michiru manages to compose himself and buy time for Team 7 and the resistance to think of a plan to save him.
- Dastardly Whiplash: Has a thick mustache growing from his bangs to his nose.
- Dirty Coward: He only rose to power because of the mercenaries he hired. Without them, he's nothing.
- Literally Shattered Lives: His ultimate fate after Ishidate accidentally grabs him with his stone glove turning him to the stone. Naruto's final attack on Ishidate breaks him to pieces in the impact.
- Non-Action Big Bad: Considering he has no combat to speak of. Yeah.
- Shadow Archetype: To Michiru showing what he could be like if he just cared for money and power.
- Treacherous Advisor: Was a close friend of the original king, but let his greed get the better of him.
A ninja mercenary hired by Shabadaba to help overthrow the Crescent Kingdom.
- Big Bad Duumvirate: With Shabadaba, though he's treated more as the main threat.
- Dishing Out Dirt: Can use sand and rocks as well.
- Genre Savvy: He picks up that the sudden apperence of a circus might be a distraction by Team 7 and the resistance and sends his team to guard certain areas of the castle.
- Hero Killer: Kills two resistance members via Literally Shattered Lives.
- Oh Crap: His last expression after he gets the animals off him only to see Naruto bearing down on him with a resengan.
- Taken for Granite: Has a glove that can turn anything it touches to stone.
- Villainous Breakdown: As the fight against Naruto wears on, he become more stressed that such a young ninja can go toe to toe with him. So much so that when Shabadaba whines for him to go after Michru. He unknowingly grabs him with the stone glove by accident and turns him into a statue.
Karenbana and Kongō
Part of the Three Wandering Ninja with Ishidate who help take over the Crescent Moon Kingdom.
Naruto Shippuden the Movie
The daughter of the priestess of the originally sealed away Moryo. She is needed to make sure he stays that way.
- Defrosting Ice Queen: Due to being able to see the future, she's rather callous about everything. Her time with Naruto and his unwillingness to believe in fate naturally changes that.
- Disney Death: Was thought killed by Moryo's henchmen but it turned out it was a decoy acting in her place.
- Miko: More or less her role
- You Can't Fight Fate: How she initially thought at first.
A demon that was sealed away by priestess. He is trying to free himself by making sure the priestess daughter is killed before he can be revived.
A follower of Moryo whose trying to free him.
- Bad Boss: To his henchmen, ironically he's killed by Moryo himself
- The Dragon: Acts on Moryo's behalf but not the main threat.
- Mouth of Sauron: Initially acts this way by letting Moryao posse him and give out order. Least till Moryo strong enough to act on his own.
Gang of Four
Yomi's henchmen. They are Kusuna, Gitai, Setsuna, and Shizuku.
- Blow You Away: Setsua's main power.
- Combination Attack: They're all pretty proficient at using their elements together to create stronger attacks. The downside is that it drains their charka very quickly.
- Making a Splash: Shizuku who can both control and turn into water.
- Multi-Armed and Dangerous: Gitai in his full form as well as multi-headed.
- The Leader: Kusuna as he also the one giving them their powers.
- One-Winged Angel: Whenever Kusuna give their charka they gain some powered up forms similar to a curse seal.
- Self-Disposing Villain: Gitai winds up killing himself during his fight against Rock Lee due to his unstable powers.
- The Smurfette Principle: Shizuku
- Too Dumb to Live: They don't rationalize the chakra given to them and overuse their power till it's drained and they have to replenish. The heroes take advantage of this by striking before they can do so and taking them all out.
Naruto Shippuden 2: Bonds
A young apprentice doctor and one of the central characters of Naruto Shippuden the Movie: Bonds
- All of the Other Reindeer: Like Naruto, she was shunned throughout her childhood, though in her case, it was because she had an illness and people were afraid it was contagious.
- Beauty Mark: Under her left eye.
- Despair Event Horizon: Hits it when her mentor and father figure, Shinnō, reveals his true colors and that he was just using her all along. This reveal reduces her to a sobbing, near-catatonic wreck until Naruto talks some sense into her.
- Fiery Redhead
- Tomboy: To the extent that when they first met, Naruto actually mistook her for a boy.
Naruto Shippuden the Movie: The Will of Fire
A man whose stealing kekkei genkai from the neighboring villages and targets Kakashi for his.
- Body Horror: Taking in all those kekkei genkai and modifying himself has really mutated his body.
- Older than They Look: His current appearance looks like a teenage boy. He's much much older however.
- Mega Manning: How his powers usually operate thanks to his Chimara technique.
- People Puppets: Can do this using seals. They even have time delays.
- Villainous Breakdown: When he finds he can't duplicate Naruto's final attack and thus has now way to counter it.
- You Will Be Assimilated: Has a ritual that he does to take in kekkei genkai. He need five of them and Kakashi is the final piece needed.
Hiruko's henchman named Ichi, Ni and San
Naruto Shippuden 4: The Lost Tower
A young girl who appears as the Co-Protagonist
of Naruto Shippuden the Movie: The Lost Tower
. She is the queen of the city of Rōran, and ends up teaming up with a time-displaced
Naruto to uncover a Government Conspiracy
in her city.
- Action Dress Rip: When she's preparing to help Naruto stop Anrokuzan, she uses Naruto's chakra blade to pull this off.
- Armor-Piercing Slap: Dishes out four to Naruto in rapid succession thanks to a misunderstanding on her part.
- The Atoner: When she discovers that her minister Anrokuzan has been using her all along, she works with Naruto to fix things.
- Babies Ever After: After the final battle, she gives birth to a daughter, whom Naruto meets when he returns to the future.
- Broken Bird: Serves as one to a degree, in part thanks to her mother's death.
- Complaining About Rescues They Don't Like: See Ungrateful Bitch below.
- Exotic Eye Designs: She has violet eyes with a ripple pattern that bear a slight resemblance to Pain's Rinnegan. See this photo◊.
- Hero with Bad Publicity: She's not the most popular queen when Naruto comes to town, thanks to her resident minister manipulating things and abducting people under what he claims to be her orders.
- Heroic BSOD: Undergoes one when she realizes that her minister murdered her mother and used her and her mother for his own Evil Plan. It's so bad that she just collapses to her knees sobbing while he's preparing to off her on the spot.
- Hey, It's That Voice!: Her English dub voice is provided by Sherry Birkin.
- Horrible Judge of Character: She completely trusts her minister Anrokuzan from the start and adamantly refuses to believe Naruto and Minato's insistence that he's evil until she sees the proof herself, said proof being a legion of puppets in place of her adoring public.
- Leitmotif: The song "To Light" (Hikari ni Wa in the original dub), which she sings a few times throughout the film, and which she used to sing with her late mother.
- Songs of Solace/Grief Song: Also serves as both of these, as she's typically singing it when she's thinking of her mother. In her first scene, she's even crying as she sings it.
- Parental Abandonment: Her mother Queen Sēramu was killed by Anrokuzan six years prior, and no mention whatsoever is made of her father.
- Puppet Queen: To the extent that the citizens mockingly call her the "Puppet Princess." The Big Bad even has a literal puppet of her. Thanks to Naruto, she becomes...
- Royals Who Actually Do Something: Once she realizes what's really going on, she helps Naruto take the Big Bad down.
- Ungrateful Bitch: When she first meets Naruto properly, he saves her after she's pushed off of a high balcony. She jumps to conclusions and assumes him to be a villain, proceeding to slap the shit out of our hero and elbow him in the face while screaming at him to let her go. However, after Naruto calls her out on it and reminds her that he just rescued her, Sāra calms down enough to realize just how silly she's being and politely thanks him for the save.
The Big Bad
of Naruto Shippuden the Movie: The Lost Tower
. A missing-nin whom Team 7 pursues to Rōran to apprehend, he travels back twenty years into the past in order to Time Travel for Fun and Profit
and conquer the entire ninja world.
- Anti-Magic: During the final confrontation, he traps Naruto in a giant puppet that immobilizes him and drains his chakra. Unfortunately (for him), it's not nearly enough when Naruto calls on the Nine Tails.
- Authority Equals Asskicking: The "lord" minister of Rōran, and thanks to his body modifications and puppet prowess, he's more than capable of holding his own against Naruto Uzumaki.
- Beard of Evil
- Big Bad: Of The Lost Tower.
- Evil Tropes
- Faux Affably Evil: Polite and soft-spoken as he's talking to Sāra about how he's about to kill her.
- From Nobody to Nightmare: From a simple rogue ninja to the Evil Chancellor of Rōran.
- I Own This Town: Brags to Naruto and Sāra that he controls Rōran.
- Lack of Empathy: Calmly recounts how he killed Sāra's mother and manipulated Sāra herself from the beginning, only furthering Sāra's subsequent Heroic BSOD. If that wasn't enough, he actually taunts Sāra over not figuring out that he did it sooner.
- Mecha-Mooks: His army of puppets.
- Mind over Matter: Via chakra threads.
- Nice Job Fixing It, Villain: If he hadn't inadvertently dragged Naruto back in time with him, his plans would have gone off without a hitch.
- One-Winged Angel: Assumes the form of a giant spider puppet to fight Naruto in the end, and only goes down after Naruto and Minato create the Supreme Ultimate Rasengan.
- People Puppets: His Signature Move.
- Slasher Smile: As he gives his Badass Boast.
- That Man Is Dead: When he meets Naruto, he talks about his former identity of Mukade as if they were two totally different people. See Badass Boast above.
- Time Travel for Fun and Profit: His Evil Plan entails going back in time, seizing control over the city of Rōran, and using the power of its Ryūmyaku, a mystical flow of powerful chakra beneath the city, to create an army of superweapon puppets and use said army to Take Over the World.
- Villain with Good Publicity: Thanks to his position as minister, he freely abducts people off the streets to slave away in his puppet factory while simultaneously claiming he's acting under Sāra's orders and tarnishing Sāra's reputation.
Naruto Shippuden 6: Road to Ninja
The Masked Man
A mysterious man who appears in Naruto The Movie Road To Ninja
. He is working with Tobi in the illusion world, and serves as one of the main antagonists of the movie. He turns out to be Menma, that universe's verison of Naruto
- Ax-Crazy: Takes great pleasure in destroying everything around him.
- Brainwashed and Crazy: Tobi was controlling him and making him evil all along.
- Cloning Blues: He hates Naruto for being another him, and wants to destroy him for it.
- Demonic Possession: Tobi takes complete control of him around the end of Road to Ninja.
- Dramatic Unmask: Near the end of Road to Ninja, his mask fades off to reveal Menma.
- Exotic Eye Designs: Sharingan look quite different from normal eyes.
- Expy: (Spoilers for Road to Ninja and Chapter 599 of the manga) Menma is an evil Naruto with black hair (and later a Sharingan). That makes him exactly the same as Obito Uchiha, his ally.
- Evil Counterpart: He's a corrupted Naruto who went rogue from the village.
- Fallen Hero: He is his world's version of Naruto, but he became a missing-nin.
- Fusion Dance:
- His nine masked beasts combine into the Nine Tailed Fox.
- Tobi merges with him at the end of the movie.
- The Heavy: Although Tobi is the main antagonist of Road to Ninja, he can only appear in the other world in an intangible form, so he is forced to rely on the Masked Man to carry out his bidding.
- Intangible Man: When he is controlled by Tobi, all attacks pass through him.
- Late-Arrival Spoiler: A trailer released shortly after Road to Ninja came out spoiled both him being Menma and him getting a Sharingan.
- Malevolent Masked Men: The Masked Man and his Nine Masked Beasts are the antagonists of Road to Ninja alongside Tobi (who also wears a mask).
- Red Herring: Given his hairstyle and hair colour, we are most likely meant to think he is Sasuke. However, he's actually Menma, this world's version of Naruto.
- The Reveal: He's an evil Naruto, which is a major plot twist.