Characters: My Little Unicorn
Just like the show
this fanfic is loosely based on, My Little Unicorn
has Loads and Loads of Characters
. Among these are...
open/close all folders
The Grand Ruler's student, who, unlike other unicorns, is unable to use magic.
- Author Avatar
- Charles Atlas Superpower: To compensate for his lack of magical ability, the Grand Ruler trains him intensively to be physically stronger and faster than the other characters. Somehow, he still finds himself tuckered out by carrying crates and baskets of vegetables.
- Death by Origin Story: His parents.
- Deus ex Machina: The Uniforce.
- Expy: He is basically a male version of Twilight Sparkle.
- Flat Character
- Fully Dressed Cartoon Animal
- Informed Ability: He has been stated to be extremely strong yet he never makes a dent on any monsters. Against other ponies, his strength is more or less equal.
- Last of His Kind: Is an Enticorn, explaining his lack of magical ability inherent to alicorns.
- Leeroy Jenkins: Nearly always his first method of attack.
- The Load: Despite his physical strength, most of the villains use magic and his inability to use magic is quite a liability in battle. Anytime he finishes a battle is with his Uniforce.
- Magic Knight
- Superpowered Evil Side: While his Enticorn powers make him nearly as strong as Celesto, he has a difficult time controlling himself
- Winged Unicorn
Grand Ruler Celesto
The initial main antagonist.
"I fail to see why you mock
me for the way that I talk.
My entire family speaks in rhyme.
We have been doing so for a very long time."
"Feeling hungry, this guy doesn't make food, he makes a symphony of sensations that melt in your mouth and sooth your appetite."
Dyno and Mite
Dr. Penny Sisi Sillion
Mysterious, Dementia, and Rep-Stallion
Titan's minions, and the main cause of the attacks on the heroes in the first story.
- An Ice Person: Some of Dementia's attacks invoke this.
- The Brute: Rep-Stallion.
- The Dark Chick: Dementia.
- Living Shadow: Mysterious.
- Shock and Awe: Rep-Stallion's power.
- Shout-Out: Most of their attack names come from the PS2 video game Orphen: Scion of Sorcery.
- Sinister Scythe: Rep-Stallion's weapon.
- Super Smoke: Smoke of Pain, one of Mysterious's powers.
- Terrible Trio
- Vain Sorceress: Dementia's obsession with her looks is her defining trait.
- Villain Team-Up: With Nightmare Moon.
- Weaksauce Weakness: Because he is a Living Shadow, Mysterious gets hurt by standing in any form of light.
- What Measure Is a Non-Pony?: They are artificial beings and considered not worth rescuing by the heroes when the reality they fought in starts to collapse around them and they are too weak to escape.
- Why Don't You Just Shoot Him?: In one chapter, Rep-Stallion is ready to deliver the killing blow towards Lightning, when Titan calls him back for no reason at all. If he had just given him five more seconds, the hero would have been dead. Titan later explains that this is because he wants Lightning alive so he can take his powers. Not exactly the smartest plan when Lightning is the only one who is able to defeat him and he's conquered worlds without the Uniforce before.
- Magic Knight: As the Dragon Knight
- Took a Level in Badass: Unlike the other MLP characters who are flanderized to one-note caricatures, Spike at the very least gets a transformation.
- Killed Off for Real
- Villain Decay: Reduced to a brainwashed monster henchman of Big Bad Titan near the end of the story and loses his reality warping abilities. To add insult to injury, he gets killed by Celestia.
- Remember the New Guy: He is Krysta's adopted son, who suddenly appears with no foreshadowing in My Brave Pony: Star Fleet Magic II, Episode 1. When asked about why he suddenly appears, Mykan answered "New characters get thrown in all the time (everyone knows that)".
The Changeling Captain/Fratello
- Back Fromthe Dead: Fratello's ghost joins back with his replacement robot body
- Cybernetics Eat Your Soul
- Meaningful Name: His full name is Italian for My Dear Big Brother
- Remember the New Guy: Turns out, the second main antagonist of My Brave Pony: Star Fleet Magic II is Cadance's brother Fratello, who we never heard of before.
- Replacement Goldfish: After Fratello's death, Brain builds a replacement Fratello in My Brave Pony: Star Fleet Magic III
- The Starscream: Turns out he is a cyborg only pretending to be a changeling, who wants to take over Equestria with his robot army.
- What Happened to the Mouse?: Despite being a high-ranked Starfleet member and being only the 3rd character shown to be able to use the Uniforce, she is only mentioned once in passing later.
- Cain and Abel: The Cain to Skye.
- The Complainer Is Always Wrong: He falls into this, as well as Strawman Has a Point. He gets kicked off the Wonderbolts for complaining about Starfleet, and is portrayed as a loser who lounges around the house all day - even his own sister disagrees with him and has little sympathy. He ultimately ends up getting arrested after threatening to kill his sister in a fit of rage, and is Brainwashed to like Starfleet. However, he comes off as more accurate than the author intended regarding Starfleet's flaws and failures.
- Flanderization: In his first appearance, he does hate Starfleet, but has other priorities such as his sister. By the time of My Brave Pony: Star Fleet Magic III, all he does is rant about his hatred of Starfleet and hates his sister.
- I'll Kill You!: Says this to Skye after she declares him to be as bad as the evil they face, which results in him being officially declared a criminal, beaten and arrested.
- My God, What Have I Done?: After essentially being brainwashed, he reacts this way to memories of his past actions.
- Straw Loser
- Ungrateful Bastard: What we're meant to think of him as.
- Would Hit a Girl: Beats up his own sister while threatening to kill her.
- Flat Character: He is the most extreme example of a flat character. While other characters at least have a backstory and one character trait, he has no characterization at all.
- Green Thumb
- Prongs of Poseidon: The Doom Trident.
- Anti-Villain: One of the few characters to go beyond 1 trait. Though affiliated with Sombra, she has higher morals than her allies.
- High Heel-Face Turn
- Love Makes You Evil: Turned to evil because her boyfriend Royce left her.
- Sword Beam: The Blade Blaster.
- Taken for Granite
- Why Don't You Just Shoot Him?: Happens in My Brave Pony: Star Fleet Magic III, Episode 11, where she is called away by Sombra when she is about to kill Royce and Pinkie Pie, though at least there's a reasonable explanation (She already got the Crystal Heart Sombra told her to get).
King Sombra / Dusk Shine
- Big Bad: Of My Brave Pony: Star Fleet III.
- The Bully: In the Starfleet continuity, Sombra was first seen as a bully named Dusk Shine.
- Cheaters Never Prosper: As Dusk Shine, he drugs Celesto's water during a tournament to determine who will guard Celestia. He gets caught, striped of his rank, and banished.
- Generic Doomsday Villain
The Dark King
- Conqueror From The Future
- Create Your Own Villain: Starfleet is directly responsible for the Dark King's existence, as he is a manifestation of "dark energy" from the prisoners that Starfleet tried to rehabilitate.
- Generic Doomsday Villain
- Make Wrong What Once Went Right: The Dark King has conquered most of United Equestria in the future, but faces resistance that prevents him from finishing the job. Thus, he goes back in time to try and prevent Starfleet from winning in the past
- Suspiciously Similar Substitute: A darkness-themed villain that lives on a dark planet and has an eccentric group of minions whom he tasks with summoning monsters to stop Starfleet. This description applies to both Titan and the Dark King.
The Dark King's Minions
Twelve Monsters based on the Eastern Zodiac
. They are composed of Rat Racer
, Big Bull
, Dark Scales
, Silver Steed
, Baa-Baa Black, Chompanzee
, Buster Beak, Underdog
, and Boar Bottoms
- Acrofatic: Boar Bottoms, especially after Ergo uses "Speed Up" magic on him
- Anti-Magic: Dark Scales can dispel magic, though it's only used to prevent Starfleet from activating Mega Mode.
- Asteroids Monster: Baa-Baa Black
- Blow You Away: Buster Beak
- Boxing... Rabbit?: For some reason, Bouncer fights with boxing gloves.
- Breath Weapon: Flame-Stripes, Chompanzee, and Boar Bottoms all can use these, though in the case of Boar Bottoms, he has to absorb energy beforehand.
- Calling Your Attacks: Zigzagged. 4 of the Cardinals call their attacks, while the rest are completely silent.
- Cards Of Power: The name Cardinal refers to the fact that they are summoned from magical cards.
- Casting a Shadow: Dragoon and Dark Scales
- Dishing Out Dirt: Big Bull and Underdog.
- Gemstone Assault: Big Bull's Gem Missile.
- Kevlard: Boar Bottoms.
- Playing with Fire: As the name implies, Flame-Stripes
- Monsters of the Week
- Name's the Same: In the first chapter of Starfleet Magic IV, a minotaur named Big Bull appears in Lightning's nightmare. He isn't the same Big Bull as the Cardinal.
- Shock and Awe: Buster Beak and Dragoon
- Shockwave Stomp: Aside from boxing, this is Bouncer's other special ability.
- Super Speed: Rat Racer
- Heel-Face Turn
- In Name Only: Tirek is portrayed as significantly different from how he was portrayed in "Twilight's Kingdom", since in Starfleet continuity, that episode never happened.
The Phantom of Magic / Dr. Emil Kudos
- The Dragon: To Tirek
- Love Makes You Evil: Dr. Kudos became evil because a pony named Peach Berry rejected him for another pony with magical powers
- Phantom Zone: After Tirek turns good, Kudos uses his remaining magic to go to "someplace where things go to disappear", and presumably, will never be seen again
- Power Parasite: The Phantom's ability allows him to steal the Cutie Marks of other ponies, though unlike most Power Parasites, he does not gain the power he stole.
- Remember the New Guy: Before he became the Phantom, Dr. Kudos was Shining Armor's marriage counselor