Characters: Mr. Bean
- Anti-Hero: Type I
- Drives Like Crazy
- Genius Ditz
- Innocently Insensitive: Mr. Bean frequently veers into this, particularly where his girlfriend is involved. Special mention to "Merry Christmas, Mr. Bean", where he asks her what she wanted for Christmas and she points to an engagement ring in a store window. Unfortunately, Mr. Bean mistakes her gesture for pointing to the portrait behind the ring and buys that instead. This leads to Irma tearfully running out on him during their Christmas evening together and a Bean, who seemed quite proud of himself for getting her what he thought she asked for, commenting in a hurt tone of voice, "W... what was wrong with it?"
- Large Ham: Manages to be this even though he rarely speaks and never shouts.
- Limited Wardrobe
- Man Child: He sleeps with a teddy bear. In the first episode, he puts two dolls on the table when he sits down to take an examination. In general he is of the more common, Fish out of Water type, although his strangeness goes beyond childlike and into the realm of truly bizarre.
- No Social Skills
- The Voiceless: He rarely ever speaks. Slightly more often he will make various sounds that are vaguely ''word-esque''.
- Unsympathetic Comedy Protagonist
- Walking Techbane: Or at least, when he's dressed. Unless he's naked, he completely screws up tv signals and tends to break stuff or cause unexpected effects.
- Shock and Awe: "Back to School Mr Bean" seems to imply that this is some sort of static electricity effect.