Characters: Mother 4
A thirteen-year-old boy who lives in the town of Belring. Comfortable in his older brother's shadow, he doesn't try hard to stand out, opting to be an Average Joe. He is an ordinary boy whose favorite thing is to daydream while also enjoying a good game of baseball.
- Badass Adorable: As per-tradition for Mother protagonist.
- Batter Up: Travis can use bats, and with one equipped, can hit enemy projectiles back at them.
- Cloudcuckoolander: It's said that it could be a reason why he accepts his PSI powers easily.
- Combat Medic: His profile explains that he accepts his healing powers, so he follows in his predecessor's footsteps.
- Four-Temperament Ensemble: The Phlegmatic.
- The Hero: Continues the many traditions of Mother protagonist, sharing a love for baseball and striped shirts.
- I Just Want to Be Normal: Downplayed. He's perfectly okay with living an average life, but when push comes to shove, he's willing to accept the Call to Adventure and protect the planet.
- Kid Hero: Naturally, giving it a fangame based on the Mother series.
- Psychic Powers: Like other protagonists in the series before him, most likely following the trend of healing and his favorite thing with PK Daydreams.
- Stuck in Their Shadow: An In-Universe Subversion of this trope. He is comfortably in his older brother Zack’s shadow, and doesn’t put forth any effort into being anything but average.
A Spoiled Sweet fourteen-year-old girl gifted with powerful PSI and the ability to see into the future from the town of Citrus Hills. Not afraid to get her hands dirty, always seeing the bright side of things. She's confident she can take anything with her future sight and psychic powers, which makes her a bit reckless but she means well.
- Action Girl
- Badass Adorable: Dressed in a white shirt and a pink skirt looking ready to go to school, but can burn and freeze you at a moment’s notice.
- The Chick: Shares this with Ana, Paula and Kumatora.
- Expy: Of both Paula and Jeff. Meryl shares Paula's sweet-natured personality and knowledge of PSI, along with Jeff's love of reading and studying.
- Four-Temperament Ensemble: The Sanguine.
- Girly Run: Her running animation is this.
- Hair Decorations: Wears a white headband.
- Kid Heroine
- Nice Girl
- Plucky Girl
- Proper Tights with a Skirt
- Psychic Powers: Has been shown to use PSI Fire, Freeze, and Thunder.
- Seer: She has a vision that shows the group together, possibly being the driving force that gets them to meet. Her powers do cause her to become a bit reckless though.
- The Smart Girl
- Spoiled Sweet
- Teen Genius
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: She has purple hair.
A popular fourteen-year-old from Pennyburg who is quite the charmer, though quick to snap in frustration and has a hard time adapting to situations out of his control as well as being closed minded. Making up for these faults is the courage, dependability and charisma to get the group through tough situations.
- Adorkable: His character has shades of an Upper-Class Twit, but his naïveness in regards to the normal world and often being on the receiving end of most of the teaser trailers humor has quickly cemented him as this trope for many of the game's fanbase.
- Badass Adorable: More like Badass Adorkable, but same difference.
- Badass Normal: The only team mate to not have PSI… But he does have cash. Specifically, the party's hard-earned cash.
- Butt Monkey: If what's been seen in the trailers and teaser so far is to be believed, Floyd is often on the receiving end of most of the game's humor.
- The Charmer: In battle, he can have conversations with enemies to distract them, bribe them to make them leave or perk up a party member.
- Four-Temperament Ensemble: The Choleric.
- Hot-Blooded: He is stubborn, saying whatever he feels like.
- Kid Hero
- Muggle: A charming one at that.
- The Team Normal: Has no PSI, but he has the unique ability to chat with anyone in the fight.
- Screw the Rules, I Have Money!: His Talk ability has a few effects, bribing the enemy with your money being one of them.
- Stealth Pun: His name is Floyd, and he wears a pink attire. Put the two together, and you get...
The leader of a motorcyle gang from an unknown location, dependable despite being a wild card and is a quiet sort as well as slightly impatient. He is wanted all over the world, being a bit of a brawler with his psychic powers swinging around things like cinder blocks and stop signs.
- Cool Bike: Owns one that he rides around the city, through the streets and the backalleys.
- Delinquents: Implied to be this along with his biker gang. Naturally, it has shades of Greaser Delinquents.
- Expy: Appears to be one of Teddy and Poo, the former in appearance the latter in flexible PSI he shares with Meryl.
- Four-Temperament Ensemble: The Melancholic.
- The Leader: Of his own biker gang, but might share this role in Travis' party.
- Magic Knight: Can do a far bit of damage with both his PK and physical attacks.
- Mundane Utility: His idle animation has him use his PK Fire to light up his smokes.
- Psychic Powers: Shown to use PK Beam Alpha, PK Thunder and PK Fire.
- Red Mage: Is adapt in both healing and attack PK, but not the same extent as Travis and Meryl, respectively. Keeps from being a Quirky Bard like Poo in that he's still able to do a fair bit of damage with his offense PK and physical attacks, and doesn't have specific foods you need to heal him with.
- Rule of Cool: In the Attract Mode trailer he doesn't use a lighter to light his cigarette. He uses PK Fire.
- Smoking Is Cool: Shown in the level up music video to smoke, as well as holding a cigar in his clay model.