I'M MORE IMPORTANT.
O. William “Billy” Thatcher is an American Chess International Grandmaster, successful writer and the star of his own A&E TV show "Pawnography"
. He is best known for his erratic and violent behavior on and off camera.
Roll a Crit. Kill them all.
Tyler Dawn is a mixed-up young man with an affinity for escapism. He grew up in a small rural town in Ohio and moved on to study in New York. Through a love of fantasy novels and boredom with the mundane he finds himself diving in to the awakened world with more zeal than the other captives.
Asia is an analytical and quiet person. Her knack for observation made her an excellent apprentice for reporter and legal guardian Ken Ellis. She tends to take everything at face value and has a hard time relating to people, though she tries her best to understand.
Curio is a lurker. Be it on message boards or IRL, he keeps out of sight and watches. He is a big fan of Billy Thatcher and his television show. He is a fairly typical kid, now living a not so typical life.
Adrestia was the Greek goddess of revenge.
A streetwise girl from the streets of Chicago. She awoke as a Thrysus mage.
Good morning, Seedlings!
Amical is a high powered Acanthus mage who owns a large manor and is known to throw extravagant parties. He is introduced as the host of the arena event where the Seedlings were first pit against one another in a battle to the death. He wields a flintlock pistol with stunning accuracy and the ability to fire multiple shots in rapid succession. He is exceptionally charismatic and makes no small effort to try and befriend the Seedlings and earn their trust and favor.
- Affably Evil: To the spectators, at least.
- Agent Peacock: He's emotive, vain, flouncy, a lover of sweets, and some of his clothes wouldn't look out of place in Versailles. He's also a dead eye with his pistol, runs a staff that would be a Quirky Miniboss Squad in their own right, and administers his Seedlings ruthlessly. It's implied that he's a master of at least one Arcanum, and his Character Blog reveals that he's trained in Forces, despite it being the hardest Arcana for an Acanthus to learn.
- Anything That Moves: Word of God is that he's into anyone and everything. Except revenants. No hugs for revenants.
- Badass Adorable: Do not be fooled by the golden curls, it invites only defeat and disappointment.
- Beauty Mark: Under his left eye.
- Blond Guys Are Evil
- Blue and Orange Morality: As with most mages who have forgotten the nuances of the sleeping world. Amical is an interesting example because he sincerely believes that he is doing good and is offended when the Seedlings accuse him of evil.
- The Charmer
- Comedic Sociopathy
- Easily Forgiven: Remember when Tyler said he would murder Amical in chapter 1? Seems Tyler is his biggest supporter now.
- Evil Mentor: Though this is more due to his Blue and Orange Morality than having malevolent designs.
- Friendly Enemy
- Gratuitous French
- The Gunslinger
- Handsome Lech: Amical flirts with all seedlings of age. Despite his flirtatious attitude and charming demeanor he appears to be single.
- The Hedonist: Amical is quite childish, needy and desperate to earn the love of everyone and gets upset if they cite reasons for disliking him such as his perchant for kidnapping or murder.
- Improbable Aiming Skills
- It's All About Me
- Large Ham
- Love Hungry: He needs everyone to love him. He will not allow anyone to think poorly of him for any reason at all, including kidnap and murder.
- Man Child: Consider how quickly he resorts to tears to get his way.
- Sink or Swim Mentor
- Spot of Tea: Amical is quick to offer a cup of cherry tea in any situation.
- Villain with Good Publicity: A given for Amical to operate the way that he does in the Mage: The Awakening canon and canonical membership in the politically-minded Silver ladder.
- Why Did It Have To Be Death Arcana?: Amical gets extremely nervous around Death spells and things related, to the point where he attempts to downplay its existence to Curio (a Necromancer), and instinctively draws his gun when Curio uses it to rot a training dummy.
Malloy is the head of Amical's "guard". A Mastigos mage by trade. A large man with tired and weary features. He has seen his fair share of Seedling in and out of the manor and has a thick skin about the entire affair, normally taking time to talk to the captives and explain to them how their predicament could be a lot worse.
Just shut up and do it.
A Thrysus mage under Amical's employ.He has the Thrysus symbol tattooed over one of his eyes. He has less patience than Malloy and is far less ready to speak with the Seedlings. He and Malloy are close friends and often trade jabs and insults.
A female mage under Amical's employ. Said to be very established with Matter magic. She often rambles in conversation and obviously finds socializing with the prisoners to be socially awkward.
Independent/The Knife Wielding Woman
Let's go get 'em Hangy!
A woman with iridescent hair who is somehow connected to the seedlings back-story. She has appeared only in the prologue and dream sequences so far. The word INDEPENDENT is carved into her forehead. Voiced by ChibiSilverWings.
- Blood Is the New Black: All art of her to date is coated in blood, both clothes and skin.
- Hidden Eyes: How she is always displayed.
- Knife Nut: Her basic sprite features a knife. So far Asia's notebook, Asia's phone, Amical's gun and Amical's teacup are the only items that have been displayed on the sprite. Whether this is fanon or canon it is clear that having a knife attached to her sprite is significant.
- Laughing Mad
- No Name Given: There is no official name for her yet. Comments call her anything from "Creepy Jailer", "Alecto", "The Laughing Lady". Independent is the closest to a canon name we have, given that Adrestia and Curio were referred to as Vengeful and Curious before they were named.
- The Nicknamer: Calls Tyler "Hangy" in the prologue.
- The Ophelia: Obviously she is quite mad and is described as giggling and skipping away during the second dream sequence.
- Signature Laugh: The laughing sound effect for Independent.
- Slasher Smile: Both her sprite and animated self wear one.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair
A strange entity that began talking to Asia telepathically after an "ex-mage" vandalized Amical's wards and his portraits. He appears to believe Asia "freed" him at some point in the past.
- Ambiguously Evil: He's pretty creepy and he wants a body, but as of yet that's all he's been.
- Dark and Troubled Past: Whatever he showed Asia about his past when asked horrified her. It apparently involved a murderer in high school, though whether he is the murderer in question or not...
- Hearing Voices: How his telepathy initially manifests.
- Suddenly Voiced: Hizrim is the only character so far to be fully voiced.
- Third-Person Person: Always uses "Hizrim" in place of "I".
- The Voice: The Whisper, more like...
- Voice of the Legion: His text is written out of boxes, in monochrome white scattered across the screen, and his own voice has a weird disjointed quality to it.