Characters / Momoiro Clover Z
This is the character (or rather, member) sheet for Momoiro Clover Z
. Since their Colour-Coded for Your Convenience
gimmick also somewhat influences their stage acting, they've adapted their own individual personalities
which suit each of them the most. Interestingly, some of these personalities were assigned them because they match their own actual traits. For example, Shiorin has the color yellow assigned to her because she is a real big eater (a trait that the yellow rangers in Super Sentai
are often associated with).
Leader Leader Leader Desu!!!
"Everyone, please raise your index finger, let's go, hachi hachi hachi hachi dekoppachi!note Who is the cinderella from tea plantation? Kanakooooooooo. Thank you very much. My dimples are the pitfalls of love, I'm Kanako Momota!"
Born July 12, 1994 in Shizuoka, she is the Red, and also the leader
. Her antics pretty much represent what a red hero
would do; being the hot blooded one of the group, always running at full power, and demonstrating helpless idiocy. Excels in gymnastics to the point that her awesome back bending jump in "Kaito Shojo" has become a symbol of Momoclo's craziness.
Shiori Tamai a.k.a Shiorin
Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner!
"Shiorin's A-I-U-E-O poem! Everyone please claps your hand, Let's go, Shi in Shiorin! Shikatanai De~, O in Shiorin! Okoranai de~, Ri in Shiorin! Rizumu ni notte~, N in Shiorin? nnnnnnn? note Together, Let's Momoclo-Chan! I'm the spoiled crybaby and everyone's little sister, Shiori Tamai a.k.a. Shiorin!"
Born in Kanagawa, June 4, 1994, she is the Yellow. Formerly The Little Sister Heroine
of the group that tended to cry when teased and generally acted like a spoiled kid. That image changed, however, after she grew to be the group's tallest member
and changed her hairstyle from Girlish Pigtails
to a Bob Haircut
. She is a Jack-of-All-Trades
, able to perform well in anything the group does and is their second best athlete, following Kanako. Her yellow color is reminiscent of the yellow ranger from the classic Himitsu Sentai Goranger
, with whom she shares a large appetite
- Animal Motifs: Tiger.
- Artifact Title: Everyone's Little Sister. She was indeed the youngest in the group's first formation in 2008, before Ahrin took the title. She also grew to be a lot taller than everyone else over the years (in 2010 she was shorter than Kanako), and after cutting her hair short, her transformation into a badass had finally completed.
- Big Eater: So much so that her special segment in their TV show involves her eating food, and any lyrics that mention food are Shiori-exclusive. As a challenge, she was able to finish 62 cups of Wanko Soba noodles in 5 minutes. Yet all that food just seems to disappear in her stomach, and she has been able to maintain her slender stature as a result, and has even grown taller.
- The Casanova: Always has time to steal kisses from other members.
- Cat Smile: This made her little sister-chara that much cuter. Has also been featured in their manga MomoPro.
- Catchphrase: She is the only member that addresses the fans as "Omaera" (a very rude form of "you"), while still retaining that cute smile!
- Expository Hairstyle Change: From pigtails to a short haircut. This also symbolizes the group's transformation from cutesy idols to crazier idols.
- Fan Nickname: The Young General (Wakadaisho).
- Fight Magnet: Her antics always leads to a fight, according to Kanako.
- Girlish Pigtails: She had these before the Battle and Romance era to further emphasize her little sister role.
- Hates Being Alone: When the girls had to stay in a hotel during their tours, she was the only one who couldn't stand being alone. She would always barge into Kanako's room, demanding to share her bed. This story became the basis of their duet song "Single Bed".
- Important Haircut: "If this album isn't number one, I'll cut my hair!" And when she first appeared with that short haircut, the audience cheered uproariously after she took off her Z Densetsu helmet and sang her solo.
- Jack-of-All-Trades: She can sing, dance (she can even imitate the entire choreography of Ahrin's solo song), do ventriloquism, play piano, perform acrobatics, voice act, do rakugo (Japanese story telling), imitate the other member's signatures, she's smart, she's athletic, and finally, she can throw a marshmallow in the air ana catch it with her mouth.
- Little Sister Heroine: Everyone's! Even for the kid fans when they performed at a children's festival.
- Seiyuu: She had a voice role in the Japanese drama series, Akumuchan as a cute little monster. Besides that, her voice impressions are rather admirable; she did one at least twice to taunt her unique-voiced colleague from Ebichu, Aiai.
- She's Got Legs: ...since mid-2012, anyway.
- Trademark Favorite Food: Curry rice.
Sasaki Ayaka a.k.a Ahrin
Ahrin da yo!
"My face is clean (kyukyukyukyu), Ahrin's cheeks are...? (squishy!) Squishi? Don't you mean bouncy? (Bouncy!) I'm a playful, little bit sexy Momoclo's idol, Ahrin a.k.a. Sasaki Ayaka."
Born in Kanagawa, June 11, 1996, she is the pink. She is also the group's youngest member. She is also the group's girliest
member. She adores over-the-top cutesy
and sweet things, can't perform the group acrobatic gimmicks and even can't do a cartwheel... and that's exactly why she's the pink one
. However, she went to ballet school
since the age of 3, and as such, has developed a great sense of dancing and christened as their "Dance Leader". She is also a former child actress. Her shiny aura in the stages and TVs earned her the Fan Nickname
- Animal Motifs: Rabbit.
- Berserk Button: "Call me Ahrin not Sasaki!"
- Catchphrase: "Ahrin Da Yo!"
- Everyone Went to School Together: She went to high school with Shiorin.
- Evolving Music: "Ahrin ga Hankuouki" and "Santa-San" both have a line that mentions her age (the latter is actually a nod to the former). Makes it a little bit odd when the age comes up with different syllables from the original.
- Former Child Star: She was a child model, and has also appeared in a series of variety shows since her elementary school days.
- Girls Love Stuffed Animals: One of her cutesy traits; she claimed to be able to talk to her stuffed bear and did just that, leaving the audience silent.
- Image Song: Her solo songs are all about this; the former is tells us about her very idol-ish traits, while the latter describes her annoyance towards her mother (Ahrin's Mama as she called her) and desire to rebel.
- Kid-Appeal Character: Annoyingly cute yet still lovable. Her Ahrin Robo persona also aimed for this.
- Lucky Charms Title: All of her blog post's titles end with a star symbol. Hyadain alluded to this by choosing to have the titles of her solo songs end in the same way.
- Only Sane Man: She certainly believes so, although her obsession over cuteness is also weird in certain levels.
- Ojou / Princesses Prefer Pink: She is treated like a princess by her mother, but she sometimes goes overboard. In fact, she is prohibited from cooking with fire, is not allowed to do karaoke or go to a photobooth, and Ahrin's Mama even always tracks her whereabouts with a GPS. She finds the whole thing rather annoying. The overprtectiveness did died down once Ahrin turned 20 and became an adult, however.
- Pink Means Feminine
- Robotic Reveal: Played for Laughs when she revealed her robotic form, Ahrin Robo, in her skit at a 2013 children's festival. Became real when she broke a leg in 2014 and decided to use her robot persona to perform on stage. This would ultimately evolve into her becoming Ahrin Robocop◊. One more for the Momoclo Shout-Out list.
- Sanity Slippage: Ahrin Robo could be breaking her usual idol-like traits, but a pink robot is not as bad as it seems.
- The Chick: She is the only member who can't perform the acrobatic gimmicks the group is known for.
- Third-Person Person: And if you think you're alone in finding it annoying, think again.
- Trademark Favorite Food: Puff cream.
"Everyone, please claps your hands, let's go, I may be tiny but I'm the cheerful, Ariyaasu! A little bit silly, I'm Momoka, Ariyaasu! One last time, all together... Ariyaaasu!. The little bit silly of Momoclo, I'm Momoka Ariyasu the little giant!."
- The Ace: Not only does Ariyasu has the strongest voice in the whole group, she's also one of the most talented dancers as well. In fact, she's even a member of the idol sub-group Tenkasu Trio, composed of TheAce from Stardust's other acts, Team Syachihoko's yellow member Chiyuri Ito and Shiritsu Ebisu Chuugaku's Student #10 Hinata Kashiwagi.
- Animal Motifs: Frog.
- Cute Mute: She's usually like this in general, but it was justified in 2013 when she had to get vocal surgery.
- Cute Little Fang
- Cute Clumsy Girl
- Dancing Is Serious Business: While the others perform some amusing and hilarious traits in The Cast Showoff segment, she just does her random dances.
- Dishing Out Dirt: She has the power of earth in the opening skit segment of Momoiro Christmas live.
- Former Child Star: Unlike the rest of the group, Momoka was the only one with prior experience in show business, having performed since before elementary school. In fact, a lot of her fans have followed her career long before she joined Momoclo.
- The Ditz: She even introduces herself as the little bit silly.
- Kansai Regional Accent: Her family is from Osaka, and she uses Kansai dialect when talking with her family. As a nod to this, she has the Kansai region verse in "Momoclo no Nippon Banzai!"
- New Transfer Student: Originally from another idol group of Stardust's called Power Age.
- Old Shame: Her old introduction she is doing a cute small dance (while the other members just clap or wave their hands). She said it was embarrassing and changed it to clapping her hands, much like Shiorin's.
- Pint-Sized Powerhouse: She is nicknamed "The Little Giant", after all. Fun Size is in effect here as well.
- Tender Tears: Can often be seen crying in live concerts, to the point of messing up her singing. Even during Akari's graduation, where everybody had the waterworks on, she managed to cry more than even Akari.
- The Quiet One: Has a noticeable lisp when speaking.
- Shrinking Violet: Possibly connected to her lisp.
- Singing Voice Dissonance: She is the strongest vocalist of the group; her famous husky singing voice is very noticeable in her shouting solo lines, e.g. in "Mouretsu", and several of Hyadain's songs, such as "Koko Natsu" and "Wani to Shampoo" (it seems that he was positively exploiting her vocal trait). It's a little bit surprising when you hear her talk, though, because...
- Speech Impediment: ...Her lisp is beyond help. Even when composing "Kaito Shojo", Hyadain decided to change the common pronunciation of Four, shi, into yon because she can't spell it well.
- Tsurime Eyes: Just like Kanako, she also has this look in the manga MomoPro.
Born March 17, 1995 in Tokyo, the blue. The only former member after their major debut, she was originally the sub leader and one of the original members. She graduated in April 10 2011. She was the perfect embodiment of the blue color
of the group; she had a Cool Big Sis
personality and often had to handle the craziness of the rest of the members alone, especially on their stage and TV shows, where she would act as the only sane MC, she got the cool rap parts for herself, and had a cool engrish introduction line and nickname
. She's also a natural born model
who is now pursuing a totally different career. As she herself said, rather than "idol Akarin" from Momoiro Clover, she wants to be "actress and model Akari Hayami".