For characters in the rest of the franchise, see [[Characters/CallOfDuty here]].
!! Yasir Al-Fulani
[[caption-width-right:250:President Al-Fulani as he appears in the DS version of ''Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare''.]]
President of the unnamed Middle Eastern country in the first ''Modern Warfare''.
* BoomHeadshot: How he dies, from a Desert Eagle headshot.
* ControllableHelplessness: The player controls him (or at least looks through his eyes) in "The Coup". He got captured, shoved into a car, driven around his capital city that is now in chaos and watching Al-Asad's men murdering his people, tied to a cross and executed by Al-Asad, during which the player is completely helpless and unable to do anything other than look around.
* TheFaceless: The majority of the time, the player sits inside his perspective, without any reflective surface to see his face. When the GPS locks on to him, the third-person view of him only shows his silhouette. Even after his execution, the video recording just barely misses his face, only showing Al-Asad. It is however, averted in the DS version, where we get a portrait of him.
* MeaningfulName: Al-Fulani is basically Arabic for "John Doe" (see the Spanish word "fulano", that derivates from the same Arabic root and means something like "dude").
* WeHardlyKnewYe: He dies in the same chapter he is introduced in, and is the first player-perspective character to die.
An astronaut briefly controlled in ''Modern Warfare 2''.
* CruelAndUnusualDeath: He was first thrown through space before getting smacked by a solar panel from the International Space Station.
* ControllableHelplessness: Like ''Modern Warfare'''s Al-Fulani, you get to control his view a bit, but [[spoiler:he dies quickly]].
* WeHardlyKnewYe: [[spoiler:He appears and dies in the same scene without getting any plot significance afterwards or even a personality.]]
!! The Davis family
->'''Mrs. Davis''': ''"You got it? Are you recording? Okay. So, this is day 3, London, and we're off to... Sarah, tell daddy where we're going."''\\
'''Sarah Davis''': ''"We're going to Big Ben!"''
->'''Voiced by:''' Julia Arem (Sarah)
A family seen vacationing in London during [=MW3=].
* CheerfulChild: Sarah, the daughter in the family.
* DeathOfAChild: [[spoiler:None of them survive the gas attack, not even the daughter.]]
* GenkiGirl: Sarah, again.
* HeroicMime: You briefly play as the father recording his family. As required by [=CoD=] law, he is completely silent.
* WeHardlyKnewYe: [[spoiler:Like other first-person perspective [=NPCs=] used to illustrate the victims of conflicts, they are introduced and killed in the same scene.]]