Characters: Minamoto Kun Monogatari
open/close all folders
The main Protagonist
of the series. An eighteen-year old young man with a face pretty enough to make people think he is a girl
. Middle school became a time of hell for Terumi since he was bullied extensively by a group of women and their ringleader said to be the prettiest girl at the school at the time, Tsukasa Chuujou, due to his face winning the attention of all the male students. As a consequence of the trauma, he developed a fear of women, and milk, to the point of attending an all-boys high school.
On his first day of college he decides to overcome this fear and become someone who can have sex with any woman he wants... but it quickly becomes clear to the audience that overcoming this trauma will not be easy, especially when he's on his own. Luckily for him, he has his sexy aunt Kaoruko Fujiwara to guide him every step of the way. Good luck Terumi...he's gonna need it.
- Accidental Kiss: What occurs for Terumi during his date with Yuu.
- All Love Is Unrequited: Something he's learned the hard way. Up to Chisato Hanada, none of the women he's met has had any sort of romantic feelings for him.
- Starting to become subverted over time. Kaoruko notes that targets one through three are women who will return his affections at a later time when Terumi becomes more experience. It's a given that Rokujou already loves him, but he's pleased to find out that after their one night stand, Semi has fallen for him.
- Animal Motifs: Terumi is sometimes associated with cute submissive animals such as a bunny or a puppy dog, which is an accurate impression of his normal, timid personality. However, when he gets his act together and starts going on the offensive...
- Bathtub Scene: Terumi is regularly shown in the tub after a long day, either relaxing or taking care of business. Sometimes it leads to...
- Shower of Awkward: Kaoruko walking in on him doing the above actions, leading to unintentional embarassment and hilarity. Kaoruko wants to break his habit of looking away from a woman's naked body, however, and invites him to shower with her.
- Berserk Button: Terumi hates when other people mistake him for a girl. The final straw is where after seeing Tsukiko and Nagiko comment on how attractive he looks undressing, he starts doing some major exercise.
- Big Brother Instinct: Terumi feels like this towards Shian, going out of his way to keep her happy and enjoying her company. Later after his baby half-brother is born, Asahi tries to invoke this in Terumi.
- Bishōnen: Taken Up to Eleven and entirely necessary for the plot to occur. People constantly wonder if Terumi is a girl. At one point he mentions that he once went bald and people still thought he was a woman.
- Buxom Is Better: While Terumi comforts Aoi's anxiety about her breasts not being as big as Kaoruko's, he mentions that he likes big breasts as it appeals to his mother complex; makes it more "mother-like".
- The Casanova: What Terumi ultimately wants to become in the end.
- Caught with Your Pants Down: What nearly happened with Tsukasa spotting Terumi spying on her and Konoe.
- Character Development: The central premise of the series is that Terumi must change drastically to be able to become like Hikaru Genji. Beyond him having to get over his fears over women, it becomes clear as the series progresses that he needs to learn how to understand women if he is to have any meaningful relationships with them.
- Already there are signs that he is going through this. The Terumi at the beginning of the manga would have never been able to speak to all the women at the beach. Granted he was rejected everytime, but that takes an insane amount of courage.
- Childhood Friends: With Asahi.
- Chivalrous Pervert: Terumi is most likely this trope to a tee. He's a pervert, no doubt about it, but he does respect a woman's body and personality enough that he wouldn't force himself on them unless certain circumstances get in the way (the woman gives the "okay" or he loses control due to pent-up frustration). Most likely, this trait will make him very attractable to other women in the manga.
- Murakami loudly proclaims how he would like to do Kaoruko and noted that Asahi is pretty sexy. Terumi tells him to quit it.
- He comforts Aoi about any insecurities she may have felt when she compared her body with Kaoruko's.
- The perverted kid who constantly harasses Hanada is hit by Terumi; usually the boy's mother is on hand for that.
- The first time things started getting steamy between Terumi and Hanada, rather than force Hanada to go through with something she was obviously not ready for yet, he tells her to put on her shirt and escorts her home.
- He does not take advantage of Semi's drunken state and takes her home without doing anything to her. Kaoruko calls him out on this but Terumi's defends taking the high road.
- He's disappointed when Yuu shoots down his offer of taking a detour before she heads home. While she believes that he's only interested in sex, he really just wanted to get some coffee with her, much to her surprise.
- Cowardly Lion: Terumi is visibly afraid that he may get into a possible altercation with Semi's boyfriend when the door threatens to open. Despite this, instead of hiding, Terumi stands his ground and was willing to face the consequences like a man.
- A Date with Rosie Palms: Frequently, and to different women. Can you blame him, though?
- The Determinator: Fancies himself as this at the start, with his stated goal to overcome his fears and be able to have any woman he wants. He's... not so good at it, though he's making progress with Kaoruko's coaching.
- Disguised in Drag: At one point in the story, Terumi crossdresses to seduce a male teacher.
- Wholesome Crossdresser: And it works so well the teacher in question takes the bait instantly without the slightest suspicion.
- Also happened to him in the past, when Tsukasa made him wear a skirt. That's how he met Rokujou-sensei 5 years ago, and she also mistook him for a girl.
- Happens once again when Terumi is forced to crossdress to help out at a job fair at his university. Being short on women, he had to pose as a girl, complete with a yukata. It works so well, that several guys tried hitting on poor Terumi.
- Dude Looks Like a Lady: In-universe, characters note how "cute" Terumi is despite being a guy. Once he crossdresses, only the people most closest to Terumi or his bully can recognize his true gender.
- Erotic Dream: What Terumi imagines doing with his enemy Tsukasa. Previously he was too afraid to even think of pleasuring himself to her, despite her being the hottest girl in the school at the time.
- He has another one about Hanada, which quickly turns into a bad dream with NTR.
- He has one YET again when he imagines doing Semi...with Semi a mere three feet away from him!
- Expy: In-universe, he is intended to follow in Genji no Kimi's footsteps. While he's still leagues away from fitting in Genji's shoes who loved 14 women, Terumi has a few things in common with him, namely a Missing Mom and the status of "the enemy of all women". Oh, and even his last name was used by Genji in his commoner days.
- Extreme Doormat: What Terumi acts like sometimes due to the psychological damage inflicted on him by Tsukasa and her friends. Terumi's lack of assertiveness around women causes him to apologize over and over when he thinks he's done something wrong and causes him to want to do something to please the girl in question, even when he doesn't have to go that far out of the way for it.
- Fetish: Terumi has a thing for thighs, legs and boobs; then again what healthy growing man doesn't? This is shown in full force when he's rubbing himself against Semi's legs, feeling her pantyhose on his face.
- Admits that he doesn't have a fetish for glasses but admits that the look really suits Semi during their foreplay in bed.
- First Kiss: Stolen from him by Kaoruko.
- Forceful Kiss: Becoming an expert at this. Despite getting slapped for his trouble, he still gets to make out with a hot woman. At times Kaoruko, Aoi, Tsukasa, and even Hanada initiates this trope on him... not that he's complaining.
- Friend to All Children: In fitting with his personality, Terumi helps Shian down a slippery slope on the beach. He even goes as far as to put her skirt back into position when it was caught by the wind and accidently showed her bloomers.
- He invokes this trope again when he sees Shian looking lost and scared in the University and offers to take her to Kaoruko. She lights up immediately from this and is eager to take his hand. Serves as a cute moment.
- Genre Savvy: Due to his recent experiences, he knew what was up when Murakami had to use Kaoruko's bathroom.
- Gilligan Cut: Yuu notes that Terumi should take it easy on the exercise machine lest he risk collapsing again like he did when they first met. Terumi tells her that he's just fine and that he knows what he's doing. Next page shows Terumi resting on a bed, collapsed from over-exhaustion, complete with Yuu standing nearby with an "I told you so" face.
- Green-Eyed Monster: Feels jealous whenever Hanada is looked at by other men, particularly the perverted kid at the store. Murakami looking at his aunt is not helping either.
- Hard Work Montage: Terumi, tired of people mistaking him for a girl right off the bat, starts exercising in a desperate attempt to tone his body. As time passes, however, this quickly turns into:
- Training from Hell: Terumi notes that when exercising, he loses stamina too quickly. After lamenting the fact that he's weaker than girls, he becomes hell-bent on making himself stronger. This almost leads him to collapsing a couple times from fatigue, a fact that Kaoruko notes out of concern for him to take it easy.
- Honesty Is the Best Policy: Terumi figures that telling the girl he's with whatever is on his mind is usually the best course of action. A majority of the time, he's right and this increases their respect of him in their eyes. At times, he can be too honest with his opinion, as he was with Tsukasa.
- Idiot Hero: Terumi, from a certain point of view. Many (if not all) of his mistakes with women are justified by his inexperience; on the other hand, not many guys who were in his shoes have done things like groping their girlfriends on the first date. Also, it's still a great mystery how Tsukasa's gang was able to torment Terumi in the same classroom on multiple occasion, not just one. He could have, you know, just avoid coming there?
- I'm a Man, I Can't Help It: Played with. This is often how he feels regarding anything perverted that he may do, alongside his Paralyzing Fear of Sexuality, but Kaoruko makes it very clear that it's just an excuse.
- Incest Is Relative: Terumi freaks out whenever Kaoruko does something sexual to him. Over time, however, this is slowly losing relevance to him and he starts to treat it as the norm. Whether he's kissing her, sucking her breasts and even getting a handjob from her.
- Hell, his first target is his cousin!!
- I Just Want to Be Loved: Because at the heart of it all, Terumi not only wants to have sex with girls, but wants to be loved back. His reaction when Kaoruko tells him that none of the women he's interacted with so far have any type of romantic feelings for him was a little sad to watch. One can see Terumi's desperation for affection several times during the story: one was when he imagined Aoi finally loving him more than she does her own dad, and another was when he confessed to Hanada his love for her to prevent her from leaving him.
- Kids Are Cruel: The source of Terumi's fears of women, and his troubles drinking milk.
- Kissing Cousins: As part of Kaoruko's research, the first girl that Terumi has a proper relationship with is his cousin, Asahi.
- Lap Pillow: What Kaoruko gives him when he requested it at the beach. This is done in an attempt to calm him down after the incident with Rokujou.
- Lazy Bum: What Kaoruko accuses Terumi of being when he's laying around the house doing nothing. She's having none of it and wants him to go and be productive.
- Lecherous Licking: What Terumi loves doing to his targets or when he's getting "practice" with Kaoruko.
- Likes Older Women: Terumi only really focuses on women older than him, which he realizes he's done since he was in kindergarten. It's part of his Genji-ish mother complex that made him a viable choice for Kaoruko's research.
- Subverted with Hanada. She is the same age as Terumi though her huge breasts do help. According to Terumi, although he doesn't mind smaller breasts like Aoi or Rokujou, having huge ones makes it more "mother-like".
- It turns out that this is the same in reverse; older women that Terumi interacts with are interested in him. Women around the same age range, with the exception of Hanada, do not want to give Terumi the slightest bit of attention. Being rejected by countless women at the beach must've been painful.
- Lolicon: FORTUNATELY subverted by Terumi himself; despite how perverted he is, he will NEVER cross this line with Shian.
- His feelings are played with whenever Shian visits. Terumi is certainly not sexually interested in Shian but becomes happy whenever she has to rely on Terumi. It's more akin to fulfilling the role of a big brother towards a little sister.
- A Man Is Always Eager: Terumi has trouble wrestling with his sexual needs. Can you blame him, being surrounded by all these beautiful women? Even Terumi's growing fear of Rokujou's disturbing behavior wasn't enough to deter him.
- Man, I Feel Like a Woman : What Terumi feels like whenever make-up is put on him. Crossdressing just completes the illusion.
- Missing Mom: Terumi's mother died when he was young. It is worth mentioning that in The Tale of Genji Genji loved many women who looked like his mother, and Terumi shares this mother complex with him.
- Mistaken for Pedophile: What fans and even Terumi himself have to wrestle with whenever Shian is around. It doesn't help when Kaoruko says things like: "Terumi's a good boy", and "Even if he's doing something strange, don't be afraid and accept him." Here's this little gem too:
Kaoruko: So, did Terumi do something to you today?
Shian: (Happily) He bought me an ice cream at the store in the university!
Terumi: ...I don't like the way you asked.
- Moment Killer: Suffered from several of these mishaps such as going limp during sexual intercourse with Aoi due to being turned off from Aoi's daddy fetish, and prematurally ejaculating when he started intercourse with Hanada. The moment killer even begins before anything gets started due to Terumi feeling insecure while looking at a female body pervertedly. Kaoruko notes that this is a problem and that from the fourth target on, it would be best if he stopped doing that.
- Mr. Fanservice: Terumi undressing from his yukata serves as this. For girls, they can't get enough of it. For guys, they're either excited or confused. Or both.
- Naughty Under the Table: What Kaoruko starts doing with her foot to stimulate Terumi's...special place. The point of this "training" is to get him to focus on getting to know the girl personally and not just have sex on his mind.
- Netorare: A trope that is purposely invoked and severely downplayed with Terumi. Going out with Semi despite her having a boyfriend reeks of this trope. However, it's an inversion: Terumi is the nice guy who will go out of his way to make the girl happy while Semi's boyfriend is the abusive asshole.
- Also shown as a bad dream with Hanada when Terumi "morphs" into another guy and starts making out with her.
- Readers must expect this trope to happen several times throughout the story; the original Tale of Genji had the main character sleeping with several girls who are already married.
- Starting to become invoked by Terumi when he's finally getting some from Semi at her apartment:
Terumi: (Groping her body and breasts, while thinking to himself) Semi-san has a long relationship with her boyfriend...But I wonder if he's good at it...I want her to say I'm better than him...!
- Starting to even call out and justify this trope with himself to Semi, first by saying flat out that her boyfriend is already cheating on her and that she doesn't deserve to be treated that way while at the same time wanting her to admit that Terumi is so much better in bed than the jerk is. Slowly but surely, she's coming to his way of thinking...
- Finally subverted by Semi when she mentions that their relationship should not go beyond the one night stand they had and asks him to leave.
- Nice Guy: Terumi is this a majority of the time; willing to help others with their problems when asked of him. It's one of the many traits that he has that probably got a majority of the targets attracted to him in the first place.
- Aoi inviting Terumi up to her room after he comforted her emotional state regarding her father leaving for a year.
- Hanada willing to put up with anything sexual Terumi does to her because he's considerate and does not go after her for her body alone.
- Rokujou, despite being obsessed with Terumi, says that in the five years she's been dating other men, no one comes close to his nice guy personality.
- Semi going out on a date with Terumi despite having a boyfriend and grateful that he puts up with her venting; justified in that Semi's boyfriend is a jerk.
- He apologizes profusely for peeking on Yuu and wants to make it up to her by getting her coffee.
- Nosebleed: Gets his only one after feeling his aunt's chest for the first time.
- Oh, Crap: Terumi has several moments of this in the series when he realizes how utterly screwed he is; either when he does something wrong or when he's in a situation that does not agree with him. Notable examples include:
- Terumi fails to maintain a long good intercourse in bed with Aoi and Hanada.
- Terumi finds a marriage contract between him and Rokujou after their night together. The picture he sends of himself to Kaoruko's phone is hilarious.
- Whenever he finds himself with Tsukasa.
- Whenever Tsukiko manages to sneak up on him.
- When he realizes what character from the Genji tale that Shian is suppose to relate with...
- Terumi's absolute look of horror when he's having sex with Semi, both of them clearing enjoying each other and then her door threatens to open... This turns out to be drunk neighbors mistaking Semi's apartment for their own. Both Terumi and Semi give a sigh of relief...before going back to having sex.
- An absolute epic one when Kaoruko notes that he has to be a "real man" when it comes to seducing Yuu.
- Paralyzing Fear of Sexuality: As a result of being bullied by women and having little interaction with them at the start of the series, Terumi often has a lot of anxiety about how to act correctly around women, and often beats himself up over staring at them or doing something that might be seen as inappropriate.
- Although he was starting to get over this, this returns in full force when he's getting a handjob from Kaoruko and he notices that he's not even getting remotely excited. The damage done to him from Rokujou was harsh. This is later subverted when Kaoruko offers taking a bath together with him and leaves behind her bra for him to masturbate to.
- Precocious Crush: When Terumi was in elementary school, he had a habit of getting crushes on his school teachers; a fact that Asahi lampshades. This is his mother complex at work.
- Quest for Sex: Terumi's goal, Kaoruko's goal for him and the plot's main storyline.
- Really Gets Around: If Terumi keeps going at this pace and listens to Kaoruko's suggestion that he shouldn't just stop at 14 targets, then Terumi may just bed every relevant female character before the manga ends; Tsukiko and Tsukasa included.
- Repressed Memories: Terumi has no idea who Rokujou was due to trying to forget about his middle school days. Rokujou bringing him back to his old middle school brings those memories to the surface and sends Terumi into a paralyzing fear induced state.
- Secret Relationship: Like Tsukasa, Terumi now has to keep his new relationship with Rokujou a secret or else risk her job and their reputation. Subverted later when the relationship comes to an end, much to Terumi's delight.
- Sex God: What Terumi wants to get good at. Every time he engages in intercourse with a target, he believes that his skill is making her all hot and horny. A trope that over time is slowly becoming more and more realized, especially when Terumi is no longer stumbling as much as he did at the beginning of the story...
- Terumi kisses Asahi and fondles her when he can. She's clearly enjoying it but the experience is marred due to both having zero experience with this kind of situation. Much later, Terumi becomes so attractable and skilled that just his kissing alone is making Asahi begging for more.
- Aoi offers to "train" Terumi since he's nothing more than her "pet." Over time though, Aoi warms up to him and he learns how to take off bras and effectively lick a woman's vagina. However, despite Aoi having the honor of taking Terumi's virginity, he can't keep it up for long.
- Tsukasa herself falls prey to Terumi in a sense, despite not being part of the fourteen targets. She's thinks nothing of the guy she tortured during middle school but when he stands up to her and shows her what a real kiss is like, she melts at his feet. Now she can't forget about him!
- Hanada allows Terumi to do what he pleases to her despite her fear of men. Terumi's experience with Aoi allows him to take off her bra with no trouble at all and he uses what he learned to initiate good foreplay with her. Although, he still can't keep up sexual intercourse for long.
- Rokujou finally provides Terumi a good long intercourse. She even allows him to dictate what he wants from her during the act, which may have boosted his confidence; telling Rokujou to present her ass to him first.
- Semi, despite never holding his hand or kissing him, allows a one-night stand to occur with Terumi. Terumi learns of different positions one can take when having sex, which leads to further pleasure.
- Sleep Cute: Falling asleep on his aunt's lap qualifies. Serves as shipping material for fans.
- Stupid Sexy Flanders: Guys who are not aware of Terumi's gender constantly mistake him as a girl and are instantly attracted to him. Even the arrogant love masters note that Terumi is good-looking.
- Teacher/Student Romance: What Terumi is supposed to get into with Rokujou. Oddly enough, he's not interested in such a relationship. Subverted later, when he's seeing her after university hours and making out with her.
- What Happened to the Other Trauma: The beginning of the story clearly states that not only was Terumi afraid of women but he was also afraid of milk, due to the constant showers of rotten milk on his person by the tormentors. Yet not once is this brought up ever again beyond the first chapter, nor do we see him freaking out over milk at breakfast, a supermarket, etc.
- Subverted somewhat: Rokujou notes that Terumi likes his coffee...without milk.
- Why Did It Have to Be Chuujou Tsukasa: Becomes terrified when Kaoruko brings her up again after all these years and is nervous whenever he talks to her. However, over time he starts to get over this fear when he sees another side to Tsukasa altogether. Invoked again, though, when she shows up with her two best friends, thus completing the trio of tormentors, and he couldn't defend himself properly.
- Wingding Eyes: Terumi's pupils becomes swirl-like when Semi starts giving him a handjob. Takes a page out of Asahi's book.
- Becomes even more pronounced and hilarious when he thinks Semi's boyfriend was about to come in through the door.
Hottest Aunt Ever!
of the series and Terumi's aunt. At 29 years old, she is considered one of the most beautiful and smartest women to ever grace the university, who has done much literary work using The Tale of Genji
as a base, and is admired and respected by people of both genders. When Terumi arrives at her apartment, she quickly guesses that he was bullied due to his face and that he doesn't have any experience with women, and offers to help him get over his fear, in exchange of becoming her guinea pig for her research in her "Reverse Hikaru Genji Plan
Kaoruko loves pushing Terumi to embrace his desire for holding the opposite sex and frequently puts him in sexual situations to cure his fear of women, even using her own body to get the desired result. It's taking Terumi his entire self-control to not just jump his aunt and do her right then and there; her tempting him with the idea doesn't help. However, when push comes to shove, Kaoruko demonstrates that she does care for her nephew and wishes him the best in his endeavors.
Hikaru Genji Targets
Hello, Beautiful Ladies. From left to right: Rokujou, Tsukiko, Aoi, Tsukasa, Asahi, Kaoruko, and Hanada.
Several of the hottest girls that Terumi had the pleasure of meeting and forming relationships with. The picture to the left features three girls who are not even part of the experiment, more specifically Kaoruko, Tsukiko and Tsukasa.
These are fourteen girls handpicked by Kaoruko herself for Terumi to try and seduce, with the ultimate goal of getting into their pants. They all have their personality quirks and interesting back-stories that Kaoruko tries to match with the original characters from The Tale of Genji
but one thing's for certain: Terumi's one lucky son of a gun who not only gets to interact with all these beauties but he gets to sleep with them as well. But sex shouldn't be the end goal for Terumi; according to Kaoruko, sex is just one way of opening the girls' hearts up to him...
- All Women Are Lustful: At some point throughout their time together, whoever is the current target of Terumi's lust starts to become hot and bothered by him.
- Cool Car: The majority of these women own cars that they use to drive around. Terumi himself notes this of all Kaoruko's acquaintances. Kaoruko, Aoi, Rokujou and even Tsukasa all have vehicles.
- A Date with Rosie Palms: Each women that Terumi meets soon becomes the subject in his mind he needs to relieve himself of any sexual tension he feels. The same is true in reverse: Asahi and Rokujou.
- Distracted by the Sexy: Every girl is so beautiful, it's a wonder that any guy staring at them hasn't run into a telephone pole yet.
- Fatal Flaw: Every girl, despite how endearing they can be, have at least one flaw that keeps them from being a well-rounded person. Usually it's up to Terumi to "fix" this flaw whenever he interacts with them.
- I Just Want to Be Loved: Every girl has demonstrated at certain parts of the story that they would like to meet at least one guy who can love them for who they are and please them when things start to get dirty. Terumi enters into their lives and lo and behold...
- Likes Older Women: In fitting with his mother complex, Terumi loves hanging out with older girls; a majority of them are older than 18, with the exception of Hanada and Shian.
- Mrs. Robinson: All these girls love getting into a relationship with Terumi and even sleep with him, despite his youth. Yeah he's 18 but they're all in their mid to late 20's.
- Put on a Bus: All targets usually disappear from the story after their arc is done. They usually make cameos here and there but it's usually not very relevant to move the story along.
- Secret Keeper: Two of the fourteen targets are aware of the experiment that Terumi is in. One is surprised by it, the other tries to sabotage it; Hanada and Rokujou respectively.
- Tsundere: Every girl at one point calls Terumi out for doing something they don't like and yet clearly the audience can see that they're happy Terumi did the action in the first place. The one exception to this trope is Rokujou who is clearly a Yandere and will be happy with anything Terumi does to her.
- When She Smiles: Every girl invokes this trope at appropriate times and only serves to increase their attractiveness to Terumi...and the audience.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Several targets have the strangest hair colors ever. Then again it's a Japanese manga, so what do you expect? Asahi, Tsukiko, Hanada, Semi and Tsukasa have normal hair colors while Kaoruko, Aoi and Rokujou respectively have purple, white and blue hair.
Terumi's first sex conquest; his pretty, 21 year old, cousin. The two have been on good terms with each other since their childhood days.
She aspires to be a librarian and loves to read manga.
- All Men Are Perverts: She thinks all men are beasts that care only about sex.
- All Women Are Lustful: Reading perverted manga says a lot about what she desires deep down, and after her experiences with Terumi, she can't keep those urges out of her head anymore. Getting sexual with Terumi makes her somewhat hot and bothered every time she speaks with him afterwards; masturbating while thinking of him certainly qualifies. Even reading a fictional entry between cousins in an erotic novel makes her remember about what she went through. She even lampshades her experiences to Tsukiko in order to improve her novel's writing the second time Terumi started kissing her profusely.
- Armor-Piercing Slap: She gave one to Terumi after he groped her boobs in the movie theater
- Bad Date: Hard to say whether or not she's gone to the cinema with a guy before Terumi, but if not, then her very first date turned out to be quite terrible.
- Broken Pedestal: Has one for Terumi. Before she thought of him as her innocent cousin, afterward she thinks he's a pervert. She still likes him though
- The Bus Came Back: Out of all the targets, she does this the most. Even having two mini arcs focused on her after her arc was over.
- Chaste Heroine: She loathes the idea of becoming someone that loves sex.
- Childhood Friends: With Terumi.
- Clingy Jealous Girl: The idea of Terumi being close to another girl noticeably annoys her
- It was shown in a flashback, she was this even in elementary school
- Cute Bookworm: Asashi is very pretty and is a literature major.
- A Date with Rosie Palms: While thinking about Terumi, no less! Those attempts of courting her weren't for nothing after all. It got to the point where she now masturbates to Terumi whenever she can, even while talking on the phone with her best friend Tsukiko within hearing range!!
- Does Not Like Men: She absolutely loathes most men, thinking them all perverts obsessed over sex.
- Easily Forgiven: Played With, she still is cold with him for did in her arc, but obviously is interested in him.
- Erotic Dream: The day that Kaoruko asked her to help in her home, she has one involving Terumi. Her alarm clock wakes her up just in time before the dream could go further but as a result, she became entirely self-conscious around Terumi.
- Expy: Of Asagao no Kimi, who was also Genji's cousin.
- Fatal Flaw: Thinks that all guys are jerks and has absolutely no experience with them.
- Friend to All Children: While Asahi does not care for children in general, she absolutely melts at the thought of Terumi's baby half-brother.
- Green-Eyed Monster: Whenever Terumi talks with another girl. The first time was with Tsukiko, the second time was when she ran into Aoi. After meeting with Terumi again, she seems jealous of Kaoruko, a fact that Terumi picks up on.
- Heterosexual Life-Partners: Her and Tsukiko
- Hypocrite: Despite saying to Terumi that she has experience dealing with men, and his naivete in believing her, she has NOT done any of the things that she said that she has done; holding hands, kissing a boy, etc. Every single experience knocks the wind out of her. She alludes to this hypocrisy when Terumi kisses her deeply a second time, noting that he's doing nothing but kissing and thinking that he didn't go further because of her inexperience.
- Hot Librarian: She wants to be a librarian
- Incest Is Relative: Like Terumi, she's slowly coming to grips with this trope more and more every time she interacts with her cousin. She even gets angry with Terumi for feeling this way towards Kaoruko, though it's probably less to do with feeling this way towards their aunt and more to do with why Terumi isn't hitting on her instead.
- Kissing Cousins: With Terumi. Which was also her First Kiss. Invoked again when Asahi visits Terumi and tells him to stop lusting after Kaoruko. Terumi takes this as jealously and kisses her again. She doesn't resist and even initiates the kissing herself, despite her better judgement.
- Not So Different: To Terumi, at the start of the series they are both perverts with no real experience and scared of the opposite sex.
- She and Yuu are both girls with no real romantic experience and freeze when anything sexual comes up.
- One Thing Led to Another: Terumi kissing Asahi soon led to hot and steamy foreplay. Happens again but this time with only kissing. Somehow that makes it hotter.
- Operation Jealousy: Kaoruko deliberately invokes this by trying to get Terumi involved with Aoi to give Asahi a rival in love. It worked... Sort of. This has yet to bear any fruit. Becomes more prominent when Asahi complains to Terumi about being around Kaoruko too much.
- Paralyzing Fear of Sexuality: Asashi is horrified by the idea that she may like sex and refuses to believe that she may enjoy the idea of sex.
- Holding her hand makes her freak out. And its implied that she has never masturbated before her date with Terumi.
- Pervert Revenge Mode: She has a tendency to hit Terumi if he acts like a pervert.
- Proper Tights with a Skirt:
- Sour Prudes: Does Not Like Men for some reason. Once Terumi begins trying to get in her pants, she fears she'll become Not So Different from other girls who do have sex.
- Tsundere: After the date, she treats Terumi like a beast, but still obviously likes him.
- She refuses to admit that she is attracted to him at all, but is obviously attracted to him.
- Wingding Eyes: Gets spiral-like pupils during the second time that Terumi made his advances on her. This happens regularly with her whenever things get out of hand.
- Yaoi Fangirl: Called one by Kaoruko.
- Zettai Ryouiki: She wore Type A when coming to dryout the books in chapter 116
Terumi's second sex conquest; a beautiful, 24 year old, teaser who suffers from a peculiar fetish.
She owns her own nail salon and enters Terumi's life when he is brought to work there.
- A-Cup Angst: While Aoi's breasts are actually quite decent, she feels that compared to Kaoruko, her breasts are inferior. Terumi telling her otherwise makes her feel hot and bothered.
- Animal Motifs: Aoi has been called a "carnivore" by Kaoruko due to her love of teasing and going on the offensive with men she takes an interest in. A tiger is usually associated with her, compared to Terumi's "bunny".
- Cool Car: Is seen in most of her appearances driving an Audi TT (As seen in this page).
- Disappeared Dad: Aoi's father as the "sporadic appearance" type. He's an important businessman and is almost always away at work, though he apparently tried to be a good father when Aoi was young.
- Does Not Like Men: She admits that her father is the only man she's interested in sexually, and it's further implied when Terumi finds a marriage proposal card in her house and she tells him to throw it away.
- Expy: Of Aoi no Ue, the cold, prideful type.
- Fatal Flaw: In her eyes, only her father is the most important man. Her relationships with other males suffers as a result.
- Fetish: Aoi can only be turned on by thinking about her father.
- Femme Fatale: Offering up your sexy body in exchange for favors? Yeah she qualifies.
- Green-Eyed Monster: Kaoruko tries to invoke this on her when she tells Aoi that Terumi is dating Hanada. She responds nonchalantly but who knows what she's really thinking...
- She looks flustered when she's robbed of the chance to talk with Terumi again when Rokujou interrupts them.
- Icy Blue Eyes: They don't warm up even when she's smiling.
- Ice Queen: Cold and stoic.
- I Just Want to Be Loved: Similar to Terumi, she realizes that her father complex is a major turnoff for guys getting to know her and that it prevents her from having a meaningful relationship. Kaoruko tells Terumi that "all she wants is to be held." The look on her face when it seemed she was FINALLY getting somewhere when having sex with Terumi, only for it to end quickly, tells it all.
- Moment Killer: Her daddy fetish ended up being a major turn off for Terumi.
- Non-Idle Rich: Her father is a famous CEO, but she has her own nail salon.
- One Thing Led to Another: Terumi comforting Aoi by rubbing her head for a while led to hot kissing between the two.
- The Stoic: Calm and in control of Terumi from the moment they first meet. The facade shows the occasional tiny crack particularly whenever Terumi becomes forceful or surprisingly manly.
- The Tease: Yes she is. Aoi has even explicitly stated that when she meets someone prettier than her, she wants to tease them.
- Tsundere: Type A. Poor inexperienced Terumi has a hard time trying to understand what she wants from him.
- When She Smiles: Most of the time she is seen smiling coldly while toying with Terumi. But her one sincere smile, caused by a message from her beloved father, is so adorable, it's hard to believe this is the same cold-hearted Aoi.
Terumi's third sex conquest; a shy and innocent, 18 year old, plain girl who has a fear of men due to sexual harassment she endured in the past. An event is initiated by Kaoruko to have Hanada date Terumi for a month to not only have the two get to know each other better, but to help Hanada get over her fear.
She works for a Shiun Soba restaurant as the delivery-woman.
- Apologizes a Lot: She is easily embarassed and tends to say sorry even when she's done nothing wrong.
- Big Breast Pride: What Hanada's sister encourages Hanada to have. Instead Hanada currently has...
- D-Cup Distress: Hanada constantly tries to make her breasts smaller than they actually are due to the sexual harassment she endured in the past. Her sister is trying to break this and warns that such constricting bra sizes are bad for her body.
- Blessed with Suck: How Hanada feels with her breasts. Growing up with kids making fun of her is sad, being told by her neighbor that she couldn't play with her son anymore due to her assets, while at the same time being jealous of those assets must have been awkward, and working at a public restaurant while being stared at by horny men must be stifling. The fact that there is a little boy who does not get the damn point to leave her alone has to be really frustating.
- Character Development: Hanada is slowly getting over her fear of men by constantly interacting with Terumi. The shy, insecure girl who recoils at a guy's touch or can't even tell off a perverted boy at her workplace is now rejecting advances from pushy guys and giving the perverted boy the cold shoulder. Nice job, Hanada.
- Cooldown Hug: What Hanada gives Terumi in order to comfort him after his reunion with the bullies from his middle school. According to her, her sister gives her these type of hugs from time to time to make her feel better whenever she's upset and thought the same would apply for Terumi... it worked.
- Easily Forgiven: Hanada takes this to the extreme. She constantly forgives the perverted boy for feeling her up when any sane woman would've decked him and called out on his behaviour (though the boy's mother fulfills that role). Even when Kaoruko spills the beans about the experiment and how she was one of the targets, Hanada just smiles (not effortlessly, though) and waves the matter aside.
- Expy: Of Hanachirusato, the soothing type. Who, in the end, also had no romantic attachment to Genji whatsoever.
- Fatal Flaw: Her fear of men and lack of confidence in her own body keeps her from having a strong self-esteem.
- First Kiss: With Terumi.
- Girlish Pigtails: Hanada's primary hair-style.
- Hidden Buxom: Boy howdy does she ever.
- If It's You, It's Okay: Hanada is very guarded towards men but is okay with Terumi doing perverted things to her. She keeps wondering if this means that she's falling for Terumi...
- Innocent Blue Eyes: And that innocent look never disappears.
- Kids Are Cruel: The little jerks who made fun of Hanada during her elementary years certainly qualify.
- Let's Just Be Friends: The painful and awkward end to Terumi's relationship with Hanada. Granted it was a trial date, but Terumi genuinely grew to like Hanada and didn't want the relationship to end as it did. Time will tell whether or not the relationship will advance beyond friendship again...
- My Eyes Are Up Here: Hanada regularly feels flustered as guys can't help but look at her assets. The only exception to this rule is Terumi, especially when they're having sex.
- Secret Keeper: She learns about Terumi's quest from Kaoruko after her one month dating event with Terumi ended.
- She Is All Grown Up: Hanada has become more and more beautiful as she matures. Her sister even notes that her breasts are STILL getting bigger!
- Shrinking Violet: The obligatory shy beauty due to her past sexual harassment. Starts to grow out of this with her repeated interactions with Terumi: their first date ends with a First Kiss, which then leads to groping of her breasts, which then leads to more interactions and finally culminates in her initiating a kiss with Terumi in an attempt for sex. She came a long way since the beginning of the trial date.
- Stepford Smiler: You can see the pain in her smile when she learns from Kaoruko that she is but one of many girls Terumi has to conquer.
- Textile Work Is Feminine: Fixed a loose thread on Terumi's shirt once. In fact, handwork helps her calm down.
Terumi's fourth sex conquest; a gorgeous, 25 year old, teacher who works at Terumi's university as the Information Processing Tutor.
Unlike the first three targets that Terumi has met, this one is genuinely interested him... too bad it's not in a healthy way
- Badass: Being a teacher in training doesn't stop her from punching a principal who was sexually harassing her.
- Brutal Honesty: She outright tells Terumi that she masturbated while thinking of him the other day. Naturally he's flustered but she managed to pass it off as a joke.
- She just asks Terumi whether or not he had sex with Aoi, while they're in a coffee shop.
- She continues with her blunt manner of questioning by asking how many women Terumi has already kissed, while giving him tongue.
- But I Would Really Enjoy It: Despite being a teacher and Terumi being a student, she loves getting into sexual situations with the man.
- Clingy Jealous Girl: Rokujou keeps repeating to herself and Terumi that she's the only one who can bring about happiness to both parties. She starts getting upset almost immediately at the thought of Terumi being with another woman.
- Despite knowing about the experiment and what it entails, she jumped at the chance to participate when it meant that she could sleep with Terumi. Knowing that Terumi would have to move on from her, she tried to draft up a marriage registration form, in an effort to keep Terumi for herself.
- Cool Car: Owns what looks like a Peugeot RCZ Coupe (As seen in the bottom right pic).
- Covert Pervert: She outright admits that Terumi would never do actions that she would DEFINITELY do such as hunting for underwear and sniffing it. This is both shocking and hilarious.
- Cry Cute: Despite her personality, Rokujou is capable of looking sympathetic when she is denied something. Notable among these is when Kaoruko rips up her marriage contract to Terumi and takes him away from her apartment. She looks completely devastated.
- A Date with Rosie Palms: What Rokujou loves to do in her spare time is masturbate to Terumi. This can range from looking at his old middle school photo to sniffing the few strands of his hair that was lying around her apartment.
- Declaration of Protection: Considering this is Japan, it's equal to a love confession. Especially given her archetype.
- The Dreaded: Rokujou has been built up to be a crazy possessive woman that Terumi is not looking forward to interacting with. When he finally meets her, she's not as bad as she seems. At least not yet.
- Expy: Of Rokujou no Miyasudokoro, the smart but possessive type. Kaoruko states she was the "first, extremely jealous Yandere in history." Rokujou herself confirms that she's possessive.
- Fatal Flaw: Her obsession with Terumi, especially the weak timid type he used to be, is her flaw.
- Foreshadowing: When she asks Terumi what Tsukiko is to him, he replies "a friend", and she seems content with the answer, but Terumi could have sworn for a brief second that the look on her face didn't look right...
- Even Kaoruko agrees with Terumi that Rokujou is bright and cheerful... for now.
- At long last, Terumi can no longer pretend that Rokujou is just a cheery, bright university teacher. There was something off about Rokujou after she offered for him to live with her at her apartment and Terumi gave a vague answer in response. While it may have seemed enticing, Terumi once again saw the same look on her face when he mentioned Tsukiko and can't shake off the fear that he's feeling...
- Kaoruko notes that while Rokujou may forgive Terumi for his fling with other women, she will fly off the rails once he inevitably leaves her to pursue the rest of the targets.
- Forgotten First Meeting: She knew Terumi five years ago during his middle school years, as a teacher. Terumi doesn't remember her at all though, probably because in that period of time, Tsukasa bullied him, and he wanted to repress those memories.
- Fourth Date Marriage: The nasty surprise Terumi wakes up to in Rokujou's apartment. Right after their first night, she already had a marriage registration form prepared with their names written in. Fortunately subverted just in time by Kaoruko when she came to "rescue" Terumi. She tears up the form for good measure, much to Rokujou's shock.
- Genre Savvy: Rokujou knows how perverted Terumi can be and can infer when he's acting that way; staring at her butt while they're playing video games. She doesn't mind at all.
- Later when Terumi is moving on to other targets, she correctly guesses who Utsusemi's Expy is and notes that she won't have to interfere with the experiment due to it being fated to be a one-night stand. Scary woman...
- Hot Teacher: People in the university admire Rokujou for being this. Terumi's a lucky bastard.
- Intimate Healing: What Rokujou does by bringing Terumi to his old middle school. With just the two of them alone, she proceeds to kiss him in order to stop his trembling and overwrite bad memories with good ones.
- Kick the Son of a Bitch: She punched a perverted principal in the face for feeling her up.
- Lecherous Licking: Rokujou loves doing this to Terumi. Here's this little gem when they are both eating hamburgers:
Rokujou: You've got ketchup on your cheek. (Licks ketchup off Terumi.)
Terumi: (Freaking out and blushing) Hey...There might be someone watching us here.
Rokujou: Don't worry...This is my secret place. (When she's done) I got a little taste of you. (Smiles)
Terumi: (Blushes harder)
- She also loves having Terumi apply this trope to her in return.
- Lust: Rokujou is just oozing this all over the place whenever Terumi is involved. Whether he's there or not, doing something to her or not, etc., she gets pretty excited very quickly.
- Male Gaze: Dear Lord!! What Rokujou is lacking in breasts, she makes up with sexy legs and ass.
- My Greatest Failure: When Rokujou brings Terumi to his old middle school, she regrets not being able to save Terumi from his traumatizing experience with Tsukasa and her Gang Of Bullies. She's hoping for...
- My Greatest Second Chance: Creating new memories with Terumi inside the school that will help getting over his trauma become a lot easier.
- Not So Different: Like Konoe, she's in a relationship with a student. Unlike him, however, she knows it's wrong, is not involved in cheating with a spouse, and most importantly, she's not a cowardly runaway.
- Only Six Faces: Although most girls kinda look like each other, and this trope is already on the front page, it's startling how much Rokujou looks like an older, long-haired version of Asahi.
- And the yandere look on her face when she asks Terumi who Tsukiko is to him makes her appear as a short-haired version of Tsukasa.
- Petite Pride: Rokujou is quite proud of her figure and isn't bothered that her breasts are small (the smallest introduced in the series thus far). In fact, she tells Terumi that she doesn't wear bras at all!!
- Rage Breaking Point: Apparently during her employment as a teacher in training, the principal of the school loved looking at her sexually and finally culminated in him harassing her. The dumbass gets punched for his trouble.
- Sanity Slippage: It's clear that Rokujou is losing whatever hold of common sense she has left when Terumi starts to initiate sexual intercourse with her. Shouting "It's fate" again and again while panting hard can't be normal.
Rokujou: You are already mine...
- Her behavior and stare in the next chapter was so creepy that Terumi considered leaving right away.
Rokujou: (With a giant smile and blocking Terumi from the exit) Why are you going home? This is your home. Hey...I said this is your home. You'll be happy together with me.
Terumi: (Shaking in fear and thinking to himself) ...Umm...She told me some great things...But I honestly can't be...happy about it!!
Rokujou: (Continuing to smile, this time with Yandere eyes) Why are you shaking with your eyes wide open? You're very cute...(Finishes with a long stare)
- Her sanity is way gone when Kaoruko tells her that Terumi does not love her and doesn't need her like she would like to believe. One panel is so dedicated to her thinking thoughts like "Lies, No way, You're wrong", etc. that the words are overlapping with each other!!
- Secret Keeper: Like Hanada, she also knows of the Hikaru Genji experiment that Terumi is taking place in. However, unlike Hanada, Kaoruko came to her before the experiment began to request her role as the "Rokujou no Miyasudokoro" woman of the group of 14.
- Secret Relationship: Like Konoe, she has to keep her new relationship with Terumi a secret from everyone or else risk a scandal. Every night, they meet in a "secret place" that no one but Rokujou knows about. Subverted later when the relationship comes to an end, much to Rokujou's despair.
- Selective Obliviousness: Rokujou chose to fool herself into thinking that Terumi was in love with her and was blatantly ignoring his obvious signs of fear with regards to her behavior. Seeing Kaoruko show her a picture of Terumi looking completely desperate and pleading for help just makes her shout in delight how "happy" Terumi is in the photo.
- Sexy Spectacles: Rokujou is pretty hot already, though her wearing glasses isn't half bad either.
- Stalker Shrine: The walls and even ceiling in her apartment are covered with photos (or rather posters, given their size) of Terumi in different moments of his life. Some even predate his freshmen year in the university. An addition was made to her collection: Terumi sleeping in her bed with the collar.
- Stalker with a Crush: She loves to masturbate while staring at these pictures or think about the times she gets to meet with Terumi during school and afterwards.
- Teacher/Student Romance: Something that Kaoruko says she wouldn't mind doing. Just talking to Terumi makes her heart beat fast and later she's masturbating to Terumi's old middle school photo at her house. Yup, she wouldn't mind one bit.
- Tranquil Fury: Rokujou starts to become more and more upset as she confirms with Terumi that she wasn't his first.
- Even her smile was enough to creep out Aoi and make her drive away.
- Yandere: Not just any yandere, she is an expy of the very first one to be introduced in the history of Japanese Literature! Her possessive personality can be seen as early as in her first (on page) interaction with Terumi, and more signs are shown in her further appearances.
- Her eyes as she's finally getting some from Terumi look the craziest they've ever been since her first appearance.
- Rokujou tries her best to subvert this trope. She knows that she has a possessive personality and a few times wonders whether she should have forced Terumi into loving and staying with her. However, her common sense dictates that by doing so, she's going to scare Terumi away and make him hate her.
- It seems that her irrationality won out in the end; after their night together in bed, Terumi wakes up with a collar around his neck and a marriage registration with both of their names filled in, in an attempt to "keep" him for herself. This freaks him out so much, he isn't too sorry at leaving Rokujou behind in tears when Kaoruko picks him up. This doesn't really bother her for too long though, as, in true Yandere fashion, she can't bring herself to hate Terumi and is STILL in love with him.
- Despite being "dumped", she's keeping track of Terumi's progress in the experiment, noting that in the end, she'll be all that Terumi has to look forward to...
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Color pages show that her hair's a pretty sky blue.
- When She Smiles: Despite being a Yandere and giving off some creepy vibes in some of her smiles, the few times that she does give a genuine smile are pretty cute. These are usually reserved for Terumi.
- Zettai Ryouiki: Shows pretty amazing ones (grade A) on a few occasions.
Terumi's fifth sex conquest; an attractive, 27-year old woman who works at Shiun University as the Shop Clerk (Pictured on the left). She is the first bespectacled girl introduced in this series and seems to have a liking for cheap things. Upon first laying eyes on Terumi, she is not impressed and constantly gives him cold stares. She hates Terumi's age group in general, due to how young they are and how old she feels. This goes further when it's revealed that she's venting her negative feelings to others due to her boyfriend; being stuck in a loveless relationship for years made her a pessimist and she's jealous that she didn't have the happy times young couples are known to have.
- Adjusting Your Glasses: Semi has a habit of doing this regularly.
- The Alcoholic: Semi loves drinking in her spare time. Whether it's at a bar or in her house, expect beer to be her in hands. She claims that the only reason she drinks is that because of her quiet personality, she needs to be under the influence in order to voice her complaints honestly. It's one of the reasons her long standing relationship with her boyfriend is failing.
- Lady Drunk: Falling into this trope as well. Semi is not even in her forties yet and she's constantly bitching how much her life sucks in a drunken stupor.
- Badass: Standing up to Kaoruko and refusing her request to come over her house counts. Kaoruko's normal pushy personality was able to get her what she wants a majority of the time. Terumi himself notes the impressiveness of this action.
- Character Development: When readers first see Semi, she's constantly complaining about how much her life sucks and how jealous she is of young people and their love lives. After meeting and sleeping with Terumi, she's a lot more happier and assertive with her life.
- The Determinator: She has curious neighbors listening through the thin walls of her apartment, drunk neighbors knocking on her door by mistake, and her own phone ringing from time to time. None of these things will stop her from having sex with Terumi.
- Does Not Like Men: Or in this case, does not like Terumi. Like the other attractive girls in this manga, she considers him "wishy-washy". Starting to grow out of this, as she's taking more and more to Terumi every time they meet. Finally subverted when Kaoruko states that Semi fell for the guy.
- Domestic Abuse: Of the emotional kind. Semi already has a boyfriend before she met Terumi but it seems that he's not all that interested in her or taking time to hear what she wants from him.
- Destructive Romance: This goes further, when Terumi realizes that the relationship to her boyfriend is similar to a marriage from the Heian era but due to his lack of commitment to her, the guy is just leading her on. Gets sadder when Terumi is told that Semi does all she can to keep him happy. The years of being in this constant state is destroying Semi's notion of "love."
- Implied by Kaoruko that Semi's boyfriend already cheated on her and is taking advantage of her normal passive personality to get out of punishment. Becoming more plausible when Terumi voices this idea and notes that any "love" Semi has for her man is superficial.
- Sadly revealed to the audience how much of a jerk the guy is. When Semi views the texting history between herself and her boyfriend, the guy can't even remember Semi's name and mistakes a time when they hung out together, most likely confusing Semi with another girl he was with. He even has the audacity to try to cover up his mistakes with text emoticans of a cat.
- The Eeyore: She is envious of younger people and depressed as a result because their lives are bright and full of hopes, but her own youth is close to an end. She also has an emotionally abusive boyfriend that causes her never-ending stress.
- Erotic Dream: Coming on to Terumi in her own room qualifies. Terumi imagines this scenario seconds after Semi suggested sex.
- Expy: Of Utsusemi, the "Cinderella" from the Tale of Genji.
- Fatal Flaw: The fact that she can't voice her opinions without the influence of alcohol and dump the abusive boyfriend ruining her life is her flaw.
- Genre Savvy: She can tell that Terumi is only going out with her just to get into her pants. Luckily she's not that torn up about it and knows that Terumi is a guy who wouldn't hurt her intentionally.
- She finally warms up to the idea that her boyfriend IS a cheating jerk and that she should move on from him, thus breaking their toxic relationship.
- Hidden Buxom: Not really hidden since even in conservative clothing, Semi's bust looks amazing but when Terumi takes off her bra...DAMN!
- Honesty Is the Best Policy: What Terumi tells her to have. Semi is known for beating around the bush or saying things she really doesn't mean.
- Hypocrite: Tells Terumi to have some common sense since she believes that breaking up with her boyfriend is not as simple as he makes it out to be, while she's being touched sexually all over the place by him! Who's lacking common sense here?
- Intimate Healing: What surprisingly occurs after her sex with Terumi. Kaoruko notes that she's finally ready to move on with her life, even it's just a little.
Kaoruko: The Semi Iyo that we know, the pessimistic and complaining one, now belongs to the past.
- I Just Want to Be Loved: Semi's defining character trait. Before she met Terumi, Semi already has a boyfriend that she's been seeing a long time, equivalent to a marriage from the Heian era. However, the guy is apparently emotionally abusive towards her; not seeing her when she's lonely, dictating what he wants to her, etc. The reason that she doesn't end it is because Semi doesn't know what "love" truly means and that what she has currently is the only thing she knows.
- Despite refusing a couple of times, she gives in to Terumi's offer for a date to the zoo.
- This trope becomes more apparent when during their date in the zoo, Semi unknowingly reaches for Terumi's arm for comfort while they were walking.
- She just straight up asks Terumi at her house if he would like to have sex with her.
- After a week since their time together, she finds that she misses Terumi and has fallen in love with him. Evident when she mistakes his likeness for another person and can't keep him out of her mind...
- Lecherous Licking: Semi is being subjected to this thanks to Terumi taking off her clothes. She likes it...so much that she wonders when was the last time she felt this kind of pleasure from her boyfriend.
- Let's Just Be Friends: As with Hanada, Terumi's relationship with Semi ends with this trope; in fact, it was really just a one night stand and their relationship didn't even get the chance to advance much further than that. However, while Terumi is disappointed, Semi is slowly starting to regret her decision and realizes that she's fallen in love with the guy.
- Luminescent Blush: Semi is prone to this every single time we see her drunk or happy. Increases her sexiness a lot when she's blushing heavily due to Terumi feeling her up at her apartment.
- Lust: Semi is so sexually frustated and lonely that she lets Terumi sleep with her, despite only knowing him for a couple of days at most. Semi's boyfriend really should have given her more attention.
- Soon she tells Terumi to stop teasing her with foreplay and just do her already.
- She notes that during their time having sex, circumstances keep interrupting them. She's annoyed by that fact and implies to Terumi she wants them to finish the intercourse. They do.
- Male Gaze: Semi dresses in a conservative manner, but that doesn't stop her ass from looking any less sexy in one panel.
- Meganekko: A very attractive one too.
- Netorare: What Kaoruko implies is happening to Semi while she's pining away for her boyfriend. She hopes for Terumi to "free" Semi from the asshole.
- Falling under this trope herself in a sense. She feels it's a betrayal towards her boyfriend due to getting some action from Terumi and yet she can't help but feel good.
- Her phone starts to ring and despite an attempt to pick it up, Terumi's foreplay rings her back in and suddenly Terumi is more important than any message she may have received. This pleases Terumi to no end.
- Subverted in the end by Semi herself when she tells Terumi that although she enjoyed the sexual experience, they're not going to go any further than that in their relationship.
- Oh, Crap: Shares this expression with Terumi, when they're both screwing each other passionately and her apartment door starts to make noise...which then turns into a sigh of relief when they find out it's just Semi's drunk neighbors mistaking her apartment for theirs.
- Overly-Nervous Flop Sweat: She's sweaty due to a long day being out with Terumi and wants to shower. Terumi would rather take her as she is. The result? Sweat even more out of nervousness.
Semi: (After getting her pantyhose off) Hmm...I'm sorry...Well...I gotta go take a shower.
Terumi: No, it's fine like this.
Semi: (Completely surprised and blushing furiously) Eh? But...(Thinking to herself) I took some effort in getting this taken off, and I'm already...This sweaty...Err...Do I smell...This good?
Terumi: (Begins to sniff her) Ahh....What a nice scent...
Semi: (In ecstasy) Hiiiinnn~ I smell sweaty...It's incredible and I feel e...em...embarassed...
- Panty Shot: Terumi sees a nice shot of it when he's rubbing his face against her legs to feel her pantyhose. Lucky kid.
- Sexy Spectacles: Can rock the glasses look really well. Murakami can't stop staring at her.
- She's Got Legs: Semi looks incredible without her pantyhose on, much to Terumi's delight...and hers too.
- The Stoic: Most of the time, Semi has a cold or normal look on her face.
- Not So Stoic: But when her buttons are pushed, she can fly into a passionate rage. Later on, readers are seeing all types of expression on Semi's face while she's getting it on with Terumi.
- Tomboy: She lives in an unkempt apartment, drinking beer and eating takeout food. This is something one would see a Japanese male college student would do.
- Tsundere: She shows some signs of this, particularly Type A traits:
- Claims to not like younger kids but smiles at the thought of Shian.
- She applies this to herself, stating that she's not happy when clearly she is. Prominent when Terumi asks her out on a date.
- Pleads for Terumi not to go on with touching her vagina but her facial expression says otherwise.
- Notes that with all the interruptions going on, Semi's lost the will to go on having sex with Terumi. He doesn't buy it and sees through the lie right away. It turns out he was right and they go on to finishing the intercourse straight away.
- She's clearly unhappy that Terumi has not come to talk with her since she told him to "stay away."
- What Is This Feeling?: Semi does not know what the emotion "love" is despite having a boyfriend. Does not help when the boyfriend is an emotional abusing jerk. So it's not that surprising when she starts blushing about Terumi when he asks her on a date or is being supportive towards her.
- When she sees Terumi's reaction towards her, she finds that she's happy that Terumi grew horny towards her despite her age and state.
- After their one night stand comes to an end, Semi tells Terumi that their relationship will not advance any further; a fact that Terumi laments since they were just starting to understand each other. However, after a week passes, Semi finds that she misses Terumi's company and has actually fallen for the guy.
- Your Cheating Heart: Semi notes several times during the date that despite having a boyfriend, she's going out with Terumi at the zoo and wonders if its a betrayal. Terumi himself does not know what to make of this. It becomes even more confusing when Semi offers to have sex with Terumi, when she noted, despite being drunk, that Terumi got a boner thanks to her.
Terumi's sixth sex conquest; a dazzling, 22-year old who works as an instructor at the Shiun University Club. She used to be a sickly girl growing up but soon became as strong as any regular sportswoman. She's the first girl introduced in the series to have an accent, as well as being an athletic type.
- Accidental Kiss: When on a official date with Terumi and tempting him with the opportunity to have sex with her, Terumi refuses and promptly confesses to her. This surprises her so much that she falls forwards and locks lips with the guy. Also ends up being her first kiss.
- A-Cup Angst: Yuu is bummed that her figure is not very womanly, despite being in shape. She compares herself to a middle schooler, though the audience can tell she's quite attractive.
- Badass: Yuu started off sickly but with enough determination, she got her body to become fit. She was also prepared to beat Terumi up if he turned out to a persistent loser who's only talking with her for the sex. To her pleasant surprise, he's not.
- Caught With Your Shirt Up: After exercising hard, Yuu uses a fan to cool herself off, exposing her chest to the air. She's enjoying the feeling...until Terumi accidentally sees her. She's so flustered and embarrassed that she doesn't know how to react, except to comically motion to Terumi that he should keep quiet.
- Childhood Friends: She knew Kaoruko since her high school days, when she was still sickly and Kaoruko was still a university student. They kept in touch since.
- Covert Pervert: Yuu wonders that since she was wrong about Terumi being just a creepy pervert and genuinely wanted to get to know her, if she has some hidden desires of her own...
- Does Not Like Men: According to Kaoruko, she hasn't once hung out with a man. This extends to never once hanging out at mixers, despite her interest in them. Her friends don't know that though.
- The slightest touch from Terumi makes her freak out so much that she jumps back in surprise and runs into a trash can.
- Expy: Of Yuugao, the tomboy of Genji's tale.
- Fatal Flaw: She desperately wants to act more girly and desires cute things like a normal woman but she's constantly mistaken as a guy and has no experience whatsoever with the opposite sex. Kaoruko notes that one of her dreams is to someday have a lover of her own.
- First Kiss: What has yet to happen to Yuu, due to her inexperience around men. She's highly curious about it, however, though not desperate enough to kiss Terumi when he offers the chance.
- Later on, Kaoruko offers to take her first kiss, reasoning that since they're both women, it doesn't "count". Yuu refuses...unfortunately.
- Finally occurs with Terumi later on, albeit accidentally.
- Hidden Depths: According to Kaoruko, the strong front that she presents to the world is only an "armor" of sorts; deep down she's still fragile and insecure, especially around men.
- Several times, Yuu finds herself thinking that Terumi will do something perverted to her, only to either be surprised or let down. She wonders to herself if she WANTS Terumi to do something to her.
- I Just Want to Be Loved: She's similar to Terumi in this, in that despite never hanging out with a guy, she wants unconditional love to be directed her way. One of her dreams that she mentioned to Kaoruko, besides being in decent health, is to have a lover someday.
- Ill Girl: Was this while she was in high school.
- Kansai Regional Accent: Yuu speaks with a notable accent, which in Japan notes that she's somewhere from the Kansai region.
- Lady Looks Like a Dude: Whereas Terumi is mistaken as a girl most of the time, Yuu can sometimes come off as more masculine. Shopping at a store earns the attention of an employee there and instead of offering her a fluffy dress she was admiring, she's offered a punk shirt. Her reaction when Terumi is offered the dress instead is hilarious.
- Masculine Girl, Feminine Boy: The story inadvertently invokes this trope when Terumi's introduced to Yuu for the first time. She comes across as a strong independent woman compared to Terumi's timid nature. Kaoruko notes that unless Terumi proves himself otherwise, he can forget about capturing her heart.
- Non-Verbal Miscommunication: Yuu has a habit of freezing in place and not saying anything when a situation she's not used to occurs. Due to this, she gives the wrong impression to the other party: her friends believe that Yuu is some sort of pro in bed when asked how far she went with a guy and her silence leads to some wild speculation.
- Not So Different: Like Terumi, Yuu believes that exercise can change a person for the better. While that may be true physically, Kaoruko infers that she and Terumi believe that exercise can also change a person mentally; they couldn't be more wrong. Later, Kaoruko notes that Terumi is not the only one who wants to be loved for who he is inside.
- Despite being a lot more confident, she turns just as shy as Hanada when a guy touches her slightly.
- Like Asahi, she has no experience with men whatsoever, which leads to her staying silent and freezing up in shock.
- Later grows to sympathize with Terumi's plight of always being near Kaoruko, as constantly being near his attractive relative exhausts him mentally. She experiences it firsthand when Kaoruko almost kisses her.
- One Thing Led to Another: Terumi correctly guesses Yuu's state of mind when she thinks that Terumi is only talking with her to get into her pants, especially when they're surrounded by love hotels. Thankfully subverted by Terumi himself when he tells her straight out that he only wanted to talk with her over coffee.
- Secret Keeper: What she and Terumi become to one another after Terumi's second collapse. When Terumi describes that his accident was due to feeling sexual frustration from seeing his aunt, the surprise was so great for her that she ends up blurting how she hasn't once dated, kissed, or loved another guy. She then begs Terumi to keep that fact to himself.
- Single Girl Seeks Most Popular Guy: Yuu hates "losers" according to Kaoruko, which means that Terumi is going to have to step up.
- Single Woman Seeks Good Man: What Yuu really wants, since like Terumi, her dream is to one day have a lover who loves her for who she is.
- Teacher/Student Romance: In a sense with Terumi. She notes that getting too heavily invested with a client of hers in the exercise program isn't professional and that she should stop feeling so flustered around him. Every time, however, her defenses slowly start to weaken...
- Tomboyish Ponytail: Yuu's hairstyle gives off this impression, complete with a cap while she exercises.
- What Is This Thing You Call Love?: Yuu asks Terumi if he can describe what "love" is like, since she desperately wants to experience it. Terumi tries his best to explain the emotion by describing the feeling of being kissed. Naturally, she doesn't understand, since she was never kissed once.
A very cute, 10-year old child who's in the fifth grade and attends the Elementary Section at Shiun University (Pictured on the right). Despite being the fifth girl introduced in the story and considered part of Kaoruko's research experiment, she has yet to acquire the status of a sex conquest.
Introduced to Terumi in an attempt to get him used to younger girls. Naturally this freaks out Terumi, as, you know, she's only a kid
- Bait and Switch: Kaoruko intended for the next sex target to be Utsusemi's Expy but seeing Terumi's state of distress thanks to Rokujou, she switched to Shian instead. She even shoots down Terumi's, and by extension, the fans, guess that the next target would be Akashi no Kata's Expy, due to meeting her at the beach in the original tale.
- And again in the following chapter, where Shian's conquest is put on hold for the sake of letting Terumi recapture one of his earlier targets, Asahi.
- Cheerful Child: Shian is this to a tee. Her almost slipping on the rocks made Terumi pick her up and she responds with a very cute "thank you" for his trouble.
- She is ecstatic when she meets with Terumi at the university, jumping into his arms when they meet. She even says that she wanted to see him again ever since the beach chapter and hold his hand, though she doesn't know why.
- Cry Cute: Shian looks absolutely adorable when she's crying, holding her pigtails as a makeshift tissue for herself.
- Dirty Kid: Unintentionally invokes this trope that gives Terumi and even Kaoruko pause. She notes that Terumi and Semi were staring at each other pretty intensely during some points and that they wanted to "play" with each other. However, being the true innocent child she is, she believed that they only wanted to play "hide and seek". Hilarity ensues...
- Done again when she calls Kaoruko and asks what an "affair" means or when she asks why there is such confusion in the Tale of Genji over this matter when Utsusemi did it with Genji "against herself". Shian's mother wonders what the hell her innocent 10 year old daughter is asking!
- Expy: Of Waka Murasaki; the target Hikaru Genji groomed to be his ideal mate.
- Fatal Flaw: The fact that she's only a kid and doesn't understand what "sex" is. Poor Terumi has to really be careful around her, considering his personality.
- Girlish Pigtails: They're really long thin ones too.
- Just a Kid: Terumi's freaked out expression is natural; Shian is only 10 years old.
- Meaningful Name: Usually the sex targets' names are similar (Asahi and Hanada) or lifted straight off (Aoi and Rokujou) from the Tale of Genji. Kowaka Shian may not have anything similar to Waka Murasaki at first glance but if one looks closer, the Japanese characters for "Murasaki" and "Shi" in "Shian" are the same.
- Puppy-Dog Eyes: Shian sports this look when she feels that Terumi is ignoring her. Cue the "awwww".
Prominent female characters not part of the experiment that Kaoruko has laid out for Terumi but they are important for contributing to the story and having an influence in Terumi's life.
The lead female of the three women who had bullied Terumi in middle school. She is brought back into Terumi's life when Kaoruko mentions to him that Tsukasa is currently attending the same university as he is.
Despite not being one of the established sex targets, Kaoruko pushes Terumi to have Tsukasa fall for him to allow Terumi to get over the fear of women that Tsukasa had forced upon him.
- Aloof Dark-Haired Girl: What Tsukasa tries to portray to the public; as a result, she gained popularity and the admiration of her friends. However, Terumi knows what she's really like and was even able to break through the facade several times; the most important one being when he gave Tsukasa a kiss at a cafe in front of everyone. Her reaction was amusing to watch.
- Animal Motifs: In several appearances with Tsukasa, a butterfly is usually shown on her person. Whether or not she likes them or is meant to be a metaphor is unknown.
- Armor-Piercing Question: What Hanada asks Tsukasa during her trial date with Terumi:
Hanada: Um...Forgive me if I'm wrong...but, do you love Minamoto-san?
Tsukasa: (Stunned into silence)
- Ascended Extra: Tsukasa seems like a one-off stuck up character who is suppose to be humiliated, forgotten and moved on from when her arc was done...and yet she's constantly featured in character's thoughts/flashbacks or makes certain cameos here and there. Her middle school photo is right next to Terumi's in the school album and she is even in Kaoruko's research notes (ironically under "average girl", the very thing she hates.) Not bad for a girl who is not even one of the fourteen targets.
- Bait and Switch: As with Tsukiko, Terumi is told by Kaoruko to forget about her and move on. It was to be expected since Kaoruko denied her status as the girl number three, but still...
- Bitch in Sheep's Clothing: She puts up a façade of being a nice well-rounded popular girl to others. What they don't know is that she likes to bully those she considers beneath her and engage in relationships with older guys.
- The Bully: Bullied Terumi in middle school. And tried it again when they reunite after five years, this time with varying results though.
- But for Me, It Was Tuesday: Tsukasa meets Terumi again after all those years and can't even remember the object of her torment. Subverted later on when she finally does remember, but still...
Kaoruko: I pretty much expected it, but to think that she completely forgot...
Terumi: Maybe she was just pretending...
Kaoruko: Nah, she forgot. That's how offenders are...
Terumi: (Looking dejected and pissed)
- Clingy Jealous Girl: Tsukasa's reaction when she sees Konoe talking with another girl; the guy is even allowing her to grab on to him so tightly. The fact that the "girl" in question was just a crossdressing Terumi made the moment funny and a personal blow to Tsukasa's pride.
- Defrosting Ice Queen: Tsukasa always acts cool and collected, until Terumi pierces her façade. See What Is This Feeling? for more details.
- Fatal Flaw: The need for Tsukasa to be popular and seek things that are popular has blinded her to things she should've kept an eye out for in the first place. Case in point: she wanted a boyfriend who was cool and would most likely take care of her. She thought that Konoe was that guy but when he proves otherwise, Terumi lampshades this fact, much to her embarrassment.
- Femme Fatale: What Tsukasa tries to invoke in order to get Terumi to shut up about the affair. Thankfully, it didn't work due to Terumi already experiencing sexual encounters from other women, plus the fact that he hates her for what she did to him. Although she still managed to make him feel horny regardless.
- Foreshadowing: Kaoruko tells Terumi that Tsukasa will fall for him if he manages to get over his traumatic past involving her. Guess what's starting to happen after Terumi stood up to her at the cafe...
- Genre Savvy: Apparently Tsukasa is well aware of what may happen to her feelings if she keeps going after Terumi to accomplish revenge and tries to back off. It's not working out that well.
Tsukasa: (Looking over Terumi's old middle school photo after the cafe incident) The problem is...him. I thought he hadn't changed, but...Aww! Why can't I stop thinking of him!? I hate a plain guy like him! Okay. Before it goes all wrong, I'll stop getting involved with Minamoto...(Looking angry but at the same time, she's blushing.)
- Green-Eyed Monster: Invoked when Hanada asks if she loves Terumi. She is shocked speechless and leaves with a feeling of dislike towards Hanada for even suggesting it. Later when she and her friends are out discussing how useless the men they constantly meet are and how they are still without boyfriends, Tsukasa is seen thinking silently when Terumi is once again brought up in a conversation regarding how he now has a girlfriend.
- Humiliation Conga: Ever since Tsukasa has met up with Terumi again, nothing has gone right for her. She goes to meet up with the teacher expecting him to shower her with affections and finds a crossdressing Terumi stealing Konoe's affections away from her, tries to put Terumi's sexual orientation into question and receives a "Shut Up" Kiss for her trouble (while realizing that she likes the kiss), expects Konoe to stand up for her or at least be angry at her and is only met with cold rejection, and finally at the end of the day, starts to have feelings for Terumi despite bullying him in the past. Even trying to sabotage Terumi's date with Hanada goes out the window due to Hanada unintentionally alluding to Tsukasa's budding feelings for Terumi.
- Hypocrite: Tries to call Hanada out for having poor taste in men when she has recently dated and dumped a scumbag herself.
- I Just Want to Be Loved: Of the somewhat twisted variety. As Kaoruko says "She seeks accessories to increase her status" hence why she went through all that trouble to seduce Konoe and put up a front before her friends as being "cool". Although, later its hinted that like Terumi, she too wants a meaningful relationship; when the affair came to an end between her and the cowardly Konoe, she is upset not only because she lost her man; that very boyfriend was but a spineless, cheating jackass who was only "popular", and thus couldn't give a damn about her.
- Jerkass: As mentioned above, she used to bully Terumi in middle school for having a face prettier than hers. Years have only changed her for the worse.
- Karma Houdini: Tsukasa was never really punished fully for her affair with Konoe. Though one could argue that Terumi breaking them up was a punishment itself, at least for her.
- Kids Are Cruel: She and her Gang Of Bullies.
- Operation Jealousy: Kaoruko has Terumi crossdress in order to steal Konoe away from Tsukasa. This serves to reopen old wounds for Tsukasa as last time Terumi unintentionally stole a former student's love due to his face and this time around is intentionally using his feminine looks to steal away the guy she's currently dating.
- Proud Beauty: How Tsukasa feels like and what her friends admire her for.
- Secret Relationship: Since Konoe is a married man, it's natural that Tsukasa's fling with him had to be kept secret from everyone. Until Kaoruko somehow found out.
- She Is All Grown Up: Terumi notes that Tsukasa has grown more beautiful and refined since the middle school days. Too bad her personality is still the same...
- Shower of Angst: Is seen taking one, burning with anger, after a crossdressing Terumi snatches Konoe from under her nose.
- "Shut Up" Kiss: Terumi gives her one on their next meeting following the crossdressing chapter when she tries to get Terumi to question his sexual orientation.
- Single Girl Seeks Most Popular Guy: The only type of men Tsukasa prefers. By proxy, this is what kick-started the plot. Which makes it all the more satisfying when Tsukasa subverts the trope all by herself, beginning to hold some type of affection for Terumi, the man she constantly bullied and who she considers unpopular, and can't stop thinking about him.
- Slap-Slap-Kiss: Following the above kiss Terumi gives to her while Tsukasa is mentally beating him down at the cafe. She hits him a couple of times to get him to stop and screams what the hell is wrong with him before he initiates another kiss. Soon she grows to like it and it leads to more...
- Kiss-Kiss-Slap: Kissing before she realizes that Konoe entered the same cafe and she gives Terumi a legitimate slap to stop him. By then, the damage was already done: Konoe breaks up with her and Tsukasa herself unintentionally grows affection for Terumi.
Tsukasa: (Being kissed by Terumi and in complete surprise) Hey...Not in public..H-Hey..Mm..Mmg (Punches him off and panting slightly) Wh-What are you doing!? We're at school! We'll be seen! Besides, it's a bother!
Terumi: (Completely unconcerned)...Your loud voice is a bother.
Tsukasa: ...Hey (Kissed by Terumi again) Mm..Mm (Starting to lose resistance and strength and thinking to herself) What...Why? Why can't I push this girly coward aside? (Kissing stops and Tsukasa, in a surprised voice and cute look on her face) Where...did you learn to kiss like that?
Terumi: (Considers the question then) Not telling. (Kisses her for the third time)
- Smug Smiler: Tsukasa loves doing this to Terumi. It becomes awesome whenever Terumi is able to wipe that type of smirk from her face.
- Teacher/Student Romance: What Tsukasa got herself involved in. Not that she cared about the teacher, rather about him caring for her.
- The Tease: How she deals with someone who finds out her very dirty, very compromising secret.
- Tsundere: Previously, she may have been a stuck-up bitch, but after the incident with Terumi at the cafe and/or during her time hanging out with Terumi, she started showing the signs:
- She constantly insults Terumi to possibly hide the fact that she has affection for him. Terumi standing up to her has made these feelings stronger.
- Seeing Terumi hanging out with another girl has probably invoked jealously in her and wanted the girl in question (Hanada) to leave him by revealing Terumi's lack of manliness so that she can have him all to herself. The fact that Hanada had a knowing face as she correctly alluded to her hidden feelings for Terumi has stunned her and only made her respond with a quiet denial.
- She acts cold and collected in front of everyone but Terumi managed to see a "deredere" side to her once; it was him who managed to bring it out in the first place.
- She denied to herself in her own room about not liking Terumi and considering him beneath her while at the same time blushing and looking flustered in the same panel.
- She thought silently to herself when her friends talked about Terumi's ability to get a girlfriend. She denounced him quickly but most likely did that to keep up appearances; she's probably torn up inside.
- What Do You See In Him?: Terumi asks her this after showing to her how worthless her lover was.
Terumi: (After kissing Tsukasa and seeing Konoe doing absolutely nothing about it) He's more concerned about his standing, than about his own woman...He's an unexpected coward...What was so good about him besides his status? You don't have an eye for men, Chuujou-san.
Tsukasa: (Looking thoroughly upset at this truth and unable to retort at all.)
- What Is This Feeling?: She finds herself in a troubled state of mind, blushing and unable to stop thinking about Terumi after he's shown he can, and will, stand up to her if she starts going too far. It was even lampshaded by Hanada, though this was nothing more than a lucky guess.
A close friend of Asahi. She admires Kaoruko greatly and unintentionally stumbles upon Terumi's quest to have sex with 14 women.
She hopes to one day write a successful erotic novel.
- All Women Are Lustful: Tsukiko is a little too happy about finding out about Terumi's sexual escapades.
- Ascended Extra: Much like Tsukasa, Tsukiko is not even part of the fourteen targets and yet she too shows up from time to time to contribute to the plot.
- Bait and Switch: When we meet Tsukiko again after Terumi's interaction with Aoi, Terumi, and even readers, thought that she was the next target. Turns out that Tsukiko becomes the first female friend that Terumi can comfortably talk with. Kaoruko wishes to use her to get Terumi to talk with Asahi again after their first disastrous sexual attempt.
- Bookworm: Granted, since she loves reading and writing about erotic stories. Ever since becoming friends with Terumi, she'll send him rough drafts for it to be critiqued and these drafts can get rather large (200 pages). This makes her rather knowledgeable about character archetypes from the Tale of Genji.
- The Confidant: What Tsukiko kinda becomes for Terumi whenever his mind is on girls. Though she'll be teasing about it, she'll also give some helpful advice and it does Terumi some good to unload his feelings with a member of the opposite sex.
- Cool Big Sis: Tsukiko is admired greatly by her little sister, since Nagiko's friends commented that she was looking forward to attending the university with her sibling.
- Covert Pervert: Not really covert about it but it doesn't mean that she'll go around proudly proclaiming it. Like Terumi, her imagination runs wild sometimes.
- Hell, during her phone talk with Terumi about Yanderes, if the reader looks very closely in one panel, they can see Tsukiko playing very lightly with herself. Why would the author draw that if not to show her covert perverseness?
- Watching Terumi undressed with her sister counts too. Both girls are blushing from excitement from just watching the act.
- A Day in the Limelight: Tsukiko, after her brief introduction at the beginning of the story and sporadic appearances here and there, is thrust into the spotlight following Terumi's experience with Aoi. Terumi gets to know her much better after their awkward run-in and end up becoming good friends as a result.
- Done again, when Terumi meets Tsukiko's little sister, Nagiko.
- Does Not Like Men: Like Asahi, she doesn't like interacting with men due to her thinking that they only have sex on their minds. Starts to grow out of this by interacting more with Terumi and her own belief that to improve as an erotic novelist, her book must appeal to both sexes.
- Elegant Gothic Lolita: Dresses like one at times, most notably here. Does so again when she meets up with her younger sister Nagiko, dressed in all black, complete with umbrella.
- Exact Eavesdropping: Almost every time she appears, she overhears what Terumi is saying about his Quest for Sex. In fact, the second time it happened, it led to...
- Fangirl: A major fan of Kaoruko's work.
- Fatal Flaw: Similar to Asahi, she has no experience with men. This extends to her writing of erotic novels, as she needs constant edits to her novel due to it lacking any eroticism.
- Genki Girl: Tsukiko has a rather energetic personality, getting excited or laughing at different times.
- Genre Savvy: Tsukiko apparently is smarter than she looks or least privy to this universe's need to entice viewers. She calls out Terumi for staring at her neck and feeling horny, notices that there is some sort of sexual tension taking place between Terumi and Asahi, and even notes that a beautiful girl would soon come along while they were walking; cue Aoi strolling down the street.
- Just Friends: The current relationship between Terumi and Tsukiko. Some strangers eating near them question whether they are a couple before shooting down that idea after noting the atmosphere between the two of them.
- Raven Hair, Ivory Skin: As Terumi notes while staring at her exposed neck once, Tsukiko is pretty attractive, especially with her black hair.
- Secret Keeper: Overhears a conversation regarding Terumi's sexual escapades and tries to invoke this trope. Subverted by Kaoruko when she tells the truth and then commenting it would've been interesting it if was real.
- Smug Smiler: Like Tsukasa, Tsukiko loves to do this in front of Terumi. The major difference is that while Tsukasa is being condescending, Tsukiko is just teasing.
- The Tease: Surprisingly, of the playful kind. She does not tease Terumi intentionally with her own body but enjoys watching his reactions when she prompts and pokes at his sexual frustrations. However she does all this while being on friendly terms with him. Time will tell whether or not she will become something more...
- Wingding Eyes: Tsukiko is known for getting "stars" in her eyes whenever she's excited. This is usually when she suspects Terumi to be doing something perverted.
Terumi's friend at the university who enjoys the sight of beautiful women; Terumi's aunt in particular.
Tsukiko's younger sister, who is attending high school and is about to move into Shiun University. Like every prominent girl in this story, she's not impressed with Terumi when they first meet. Similar to her sister, she loves the Tale of Genji and greatly admires Kaoruko; for her literary analysis on the tale and for the person herself.
A popular psychology professor at Terumi's university who is also the son of the chairman. Despite being married and having a child, this doesn't stop him from hooking up with Tsukasa, who also happens to be Terumi's former tormentor.
Ultimately, the relationship comes to an end when Terumi shows Tsukasa what a coward he is; he would rather uphold his reputation than defend his woman and potentially expose the affair
- The Faceless: As with many other male characters in this manga, Konoe's face was never clearly shown.
- Jerkass: Ooooh boy! Let's see:
- Cheats on his wife with a younger girl? Check.
- Wants to continue his relationship with Tsukasa, but immediately forgets about her when Terumi (crossdressing as a girl) comes to talk with him (even providing an invitation to a love hotel)? Check.
- Chooses to do nothing when another man kisses his lover in front of his eyes? Granted, causing a scene in a café full of people would raise too many unwanted questions, but in the end, it only means that his reputation and position mattered to him more than both his family and love affair. So check.
- Karma Houdini: Like Tsukasa, Konoe didn't really suffer any type of punishment for having an affair. This trope applies more to him than her because unlike Tsukasa who lost a boyfriend/relationship despite her stating that she didn't really care for him, he REALLY doesn't give two flying farts about her since any hot woman that gives him any sort of attention will do and if anything, he cares more about his job/appearance than about her feelings.
- Oh, No... Not Again!: Konoe's reaction when he sees Terumi at the cafe and realizes that Terumi was the "cute girl" he almost went to a love hotel with.
- Secret Relationship: Since Konoe is a married man, it's natural that Tsukasa's fling with him had to be kept secret from everyone. Until Kaoruko somehow found out.
- Teacher/Student Romance: What Konoe got himself involved in. Seems to be one-sided as Tsukasa doesn't really care for him much, rather about him caring for her. Subverted hard, as any hot girl who gives him the time of day makes him horny as hell and ready to take the girl to bed, regardless of the relationship he's already in.
- Your Cheating Heart: Cheated on his wife with a student, Tsukasa. And intended to cheat on Tsukasa herself with a crossdressed Terumi, not knowing he was a guy in disguise.
Asahi's mother, Terumi's other aunt, and sister of Kaoruko and Terumi's father. Unlike Asahi, she's a lot more laidback when it comes to the matter of relationships, sex, etc. At times, she loves teasing her daughter about her lack of experience. She adores Terumi's company.
- Absurdly Youthful Mother: Asahi is 21 years old and yet her mother looks like she's young enough to be her sibling.
- Not So Different: True to being Kaoruko's sister, she enjoys messing with her family members.
- Strong Family Resemblance: Asahi is the spitting image of her mother.
- The Tease: She loves to tease Asahi when she has the chance or walk in on her daughter changing just to get a reaction out of her.
Chisato Hanada's Sister
Hanada's older sister; like Kaoruko, she loves teasing her family member about their social/sex life.
Tsukasa Chuujou's Friends
Tsukasa's two best friends since middle school. Together they make up the trio that tortured Terumi during his middle school years and made his life a living hell. To this day, they still haven't changed...
- The Bully: Like Tsukasa, both girls bullied Terumi during his middle school years. Together they made up the...
- Gang Of Bullies: Their favorite pasttime was to force Terumi to wear women's clothing, pour sour milk on him, and laugh in his face.
- Childhood Friends: With Tsukasa; they both knew her from the middle school years and have been together ever since. Both admire Tsukasa for her cool personality. They regularly hang out after university hours and go to mixers to look for potential boyfriends.
- Jerkass: Both girls are pretty unpleasant; along with Tsukasa they interrupted Terumi's date with Hanada just to make fun of him and bring up old wounds.
- I Just Want to Be Loved: The girls are complaining that despite how pretty they are, they still can't find decent men to become their boyfriends.
- Terrible Trio: They are the two CoDragons to their ringleader, Tsukasa.
Perverted Boy and Boy's Mother
A duo who are regularly seen at the Shiun Soba restaurant where Hanada works. The mother regularly scolds her son for constantly harassing Hanada.
- Dirty Kid: The boy loves to caress Hanada's breasts and ass on a day to day basis. He doesn't even look like he's pass elementary school yet.
- The Determinator: Despite getting hit multiple times by his mother and Terumi, the boy doesn't show any signs of letting up in his behavior.
- Subverted somewhat when Hanada unintentionally gives him the cold shoulder after she had sex with Terumi. He became meek and finally started acting his age; a young boy who became sad when he was ignored by the person he admired.
- Dope Slap: What the mother has to regularly do to her son to get him to stop. Terumi fulfills this role once.
- The Faceless: Like Konoe, the boy has no discernible features.
- Genre Savvy: The boy is quite savvy about sex for someone his age and even knew that there was more to Terumi than all the other men who ogle at Hanada.
- He plays the kid card quite well; pretending to be in a lot of pain from Terumi's punch when Terumi notes that he didn't hit him that hard.
- Jerkass: The boy can't take "no" for an answer and despite being scolded and hit multiple times, he still harasses poor Hanada.
- Jerkass Woobie: Although, this could be his way of showing his love for Hanada and that he doesn't know how else to express it. He even asks his mother how to grow up faster, knowing that he could "lose" Hanada to other men.
- Little Boy Seeks Big Girl: The kid is the "little boy." Hanada is the "big girl."
- Not So Different: The boy notes that he and Terumi are the same; they both stare at Hanada's body like it's theirs and love touching her body.
- Only Six Faces: The boy's mother looks like Hanada with her hair down.
- The boy himself looks like a kid version of Konoe.
Terumi Minamoto's father and brother to Kaoruko Fujiwara. An eccentric man who took his wife's last name over his given name as his own and passed it down to his son ("Minamoto" instead of "Fujiwara"), despite being the first born son. After remarrying and getting his new wife pregnant, he kicks Terumi out of his apartment to go live with his sister. The man has no idea what he just got his son into...
- Ain't Too Proud to Beg: Terumi's father had to get down on his knees to ask Kaoruko to let his son live with her. According to Kaoruko, this was the first time he did this and it felt satisfying.
- Jerkass: Although he takes in his new wife after she was abandoned by her family, he still kicks his own son out of HIS apartment to make room.
- Not So Different: Like father, like son, he freaks out the same way Terumi does in an awkward situation.
- Only Six Faces: Terumi's father looks just like his son, only older and with glasses.
Arrogant Love Masters
Two guys that Terumi meets at a mixer Murakami invites him to, with the promise of meeting a "love master"; it's the guy on the right. Here they try to advise Terumi on how to pick up women.
- Casanova Wannabe: Terumi and Murakami consider the "love masters" to be this. The guy claims to be with a bunch of women but Terumi, wanting to meet him with hopes of getting relationship advice in how to deal with Hanada, is disappointed to find the guy is only "this good". Murakami himself apologizes for inviting Terumi to the meeting and feels that something was missing based on their talk.
- Chekov's Gun: Terumi accidentally runs into the "love master" in Chapter 10 doing it with a girl in the bathroom. 85 chapters later, Terumi meets with him again and places his face to that incident, much to the guy's confusion.
- Even the Guys Want Him: The "love master" notes Terumi's attractiveness and wonders why girls aren't flocking to his side.
- The Faceless: A trope that is thankfully subverted at long last with these two. The majority of men in this manga, including Konoe and the perverted kid, have been portrayed as faceless nobodies.
- Random Passerby Advice: The "love master" advises Terumi that he's aiming too high for beautiful women right off the bat. He should try to focus on "plain" girls first and build his experience from there. By focusing totally on the girl and making her feel like she was good enough to be talked to, she will then give the guy her undivided attention.
- Only Six Faces: The "love master" looks like Terumi but more confident and demanding.
- Smoking Is Cool: Both guys smoke and manage to make it look impressive.
- Smug Smiler: They both give arrogant smiles, complete with cigarette posing.
Back to Minamoto Kun Monogatari