This is the character sheet for the TV series Millennium.
open/close all folders
Frank BlackPlayed by: Lance Henriksen
A criminal profiler and FBI veteran, he broke down after a particularly brutal case. When the series begins he’s using his unusual gift with the mysterious Millennium Group.
- Badass Baritone: Most characters played by Lance Henriksen are.
- Badass Bookworm: Part of his job involves interpreting obscure literary and textual clues.
- The Comically Serious: He often comes off as this in the show’s funnier moments, especially those written by Darin Morgan.
- Creepy Good: When he has sitdowns with serial killers and death cultists, they’re usually the ones who get spooked.
- Deadpan Snarker: He can be this when he’s not The Comically Serious. His delivery is so deadpan it can be hard to tell the difference.
- The Empath
- Heroic BSOD: Happens to him before the series begins and again at the end of season 2.
- Papa Wolf: Messing with Jordan will prompt swift retaliation.
- The Profiler
Catherine BlackPlayed by: Megan Gallagher
Frank’s devoted wife, whose social work job sometimes overlaps his own job.
- Closer to Earth
- Fiery Redhead: Sometimes. Fiery auburn if you prefer.
- The Lost Lenore: She dies in a Group-engineered viral attack at the end of season 2 and her death haunts Frank for the rest of the series.
- The Shrink: Actually a clinical social worker, but the gist of scenes focusing on her work is much the same.
- Unfazed Everywoman: Has clearly learned to accept her husband's mysterious gift, as well as his often horrific cases.
Jordan BlackPlayed by: Brittany Tiplady
Frank and Catherine's adorable daughter, gifted in her own right.
The Millennium Group
Peter WattsPlayed by: Terry O'Quinn
Frank's recruiter and handler within the Group. The two have been close friends, icy enemies, and everything in between.
- Badass Bookworm
- Bald of Awesome
- Even Evil Has Loved Ones: Someone strikes at him through his daughter in s3.
- Heel-Face Revolving Door: Due to his being the face of the Millennium Group over the course of a couple of retools
- Redemption Equals Death: He's murdered in the Series Finale after helping Frank and Jordan to escape.
Lara MeansPlayed by: Kristen Cloke
A young Group candidate who works with Frank through much of season 2
- Action Girl
- Catch Phrase: "Okay, here's my thing..."
- Go Mad from the Revelation: Her Patti Smith scored vision of the apocalypse at the end of season two sends her into a catatonic state from which she's never seen to recover.
- The Lancer: To Frank and Peter. Catherine is actually her lancer the one time they work together.
- Pop-Cultured Badass: Her dialogue is rich with movie and music references.
Brian RoedeckerPlayed by: Allan Zinyk
A computer expert employed by the Group, he works closely with Frank for a while after Catherine's kidnapping.
Lieutenant Bob BletcherPlayed by: Bill Smitrovich
A police veteran and head of Seattle's homicide division, he's also an old friend and confidant of Frank's
- Friend on the Force
- Good Is Not Soft
- Nice Guy
- Sacrificial Lion: He's killed by Legion in "Lamentations" while defending the Black household.
Detective Bob GiebelhousePlayed by: Stephen James Lang
A detective on the Seattle police force, "Giebs" is a loyal subordinate of Bletcher's and initially skeptical of Frank's work.
- Brutal Honesty
- The Bus Came Back: He was mostly dropped from the supporting cast when the Blacks moved east in season 3, but reappeared in "TEOTWAKI" and "The Sound of Snow."
- Fire-Forged Friends: With Frank
- One Steve Limit: Averted in season 1 with him and Bob Bletcher.
Special Agent Emma HollisPlayed by: Klea Scott
A young FBI agent who seeks Frank out when he's consulting for the Bureau, becoming his protege and de facto partner.
Legion & Other Adversaries
Lucy ButlerPlayed by: Sarah-Jane Redmond
The primary face of Legion, an amorphous force of Hell on Earth. Frequently plays the seductress.
- Dark Chick: Very
- Femme Fatale
- Love Martyr: Seemed to be one in her first appearance. Then you see what happened to the lover...
- Louis Cypher: Note that her name starts with "Luc" and ends with "er".
- Satan: At least that's the implication
- Shapeshifters Do It for a Change: Can change sex when it suits her purposes. Species, too.