Characters: Michinoku Pro Wrestling
As this is a professional wrestling character page, certain tropes (such as Heel-Face Turn
, Face-Heel Turn
, Cool Mask
, Underwear of Power
, etc...) can be considered universal and do not need to be listed for each wrestler.
open/close all folders
- Badass Grandpa: The oldest in the roster along Último Dragón.
- Bald of Awesome
- Bash Brothers: With Hayabusa outside of Michinoku Pro.
- Brilliant but Lazy: A notorious one in terms of wrestling style. He can do high-flying feats with ease, but his usual style is lazy and slow-paced, doing as few moves as possible and relying on his gimmick and signature spots.
- Cool vs. Awesome: His matches as Hakushi against The Great Muta and The Undertaker.
- Enlightenment Superpowers: His alter ego Hakushi has some supernatural powers, being the most known his ability to die and resurrect without much trouble. In fact, he is in storyline entombed in the montains of Tohoku when not wrestling.
- Feel No Pain: Evidently not in Sasuke's level, but even so, he has a considerable pain tolerance.
- Friendly Enemy: To Sasuke. Despite both being fan favorites, Shinzaki has been his most consistent adversary over the years.
- Human Notepad: As Hakushi, which has his skin covered in Buddhist texts in a reference to the folk character Hoichi the Earless.
- Light Is Not Good: Debuted as a heel in 1992 as a member of the Delfín Gundan, but became a fan favorite thanks to his gimmick and presence.
- Lightning Bruiser: A heavyweight able to maneuver like a junior heavyweight.
- Meaningful Name: Jinsei means Life in Japanese. Similarly, Hakushi can be read as White Death or White Master.
- The Mentor: Towards Hayato Fujita during his initial short face run. In fact, he personally scouted Hayato before introducing him in MPW.
- No Sell: All his selling seems to be just grimacing mildly when receiving a specially painful move.
- The Quiet One: Doesn't talk very much, except while acting as the MPW general manager.
- Red Baron: "Nenbutsu Daishi" ("The Buddhist Prayer Grandmaster"), "Mat no Junreisha" ("The Pilgrim of the Mat").
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: The blue to Sasuke's red.
- Religious Bruiser: His gimmick is an arukihenro or Buddhist pilgrim.
- The Stoic: One of the biggest in the puroresu world.
- Warrior Monk: Not exactly a monk, but still.
Yapper Man #1
Yapper Man #2
Yapper Man #3
- The Artifact: His role in the promotion has remained unchanged for years. Even after turning heel and joining Kowloon, his luck was the same - a perennial mid-carder with no solid hopes of ascending the scale.
- Jack of All Stats: With a tilt to high-flying.
- The Jannetty: Was this to Yoshitsune and later to Kagetora. Only in his recent team with Kenbai he seems to be the major member.
- Bratty Half-Pint: Easily the smallest non-midget wrestler in Japan.
- Legacy Character: His old Shinjitsu Nohashi gimmick was this to Jinsei Shinzaki's one. Currently, he (probably unintentionally) resembles more Takashi Iizuka.
- The Quisling: Betrayed Fujita and made Kenou his new leader.
- Meaningful Name: Shinjitsu means Truth.
- Red Baron: "Nippon Saisho Puroresura" ("The Smallest Pro Wrestler in Japan").
- Weapon of Choice: A blue plastic box.
Mū no Taiyō
Kei and Shu Sato / Brahman Brothers
- The Ace: Not literally, but "ace" is a Japanese term for the top wrestler in the promotion, and Hayato has been the top heel for most of his career.
- Anti-Hero: Currently.
- The Apprentice: Was scouted, trained and introduced by Jinsei Shinzaki.
- Ax-Crazy: Has shades of it as a heel.
- Bratty Half-Pint: Fits the lucharesu role of young punk with an attitude problem, very much like CIMA at his beginnings.
- Early-Bird Cameo: Had a short face run in 2005, having a one-night feud with Los Salseros Japoneses before being sent to Toryumon Mexico to gain experience.
- Hero Killer: Became one after utterly destroying Yoshitsune and The Great Sasuke.
- In the Blood: His father Hayato Fujita Sr. was a accomplished wrestler despite suffering from cerebral palsy.
- Jerkass: His heel persona is a notorious one.
- Kick Guy: Uses hard shoot kicks to demolish his opponents.
- Mr. Fanservice
- Red Baron: "Junior", "God Bless".
- Spell My Name with an "S": Some sites spell his name in the Japanese order, "Fujita Hayato", which is technically correct, but not adequate to the context.
- Something Completely Different: His hard hit shoot-style gives him advantage over the luchadores of the promotion.
- True Companions: With Minamino and Ooma, who were the only Kowloon members that refused to betray him. They jumped to protect him from a beatdown by Kenou and the rest of the stable, and went to form Bad Boy with him and Ken45º.
- Villainous BSOD: Had one after being betrayed by his Kowloon pals.
Manjimaru / Maguro Ooma
Masao Orihara / Sasuke the Great
- Big Brother Mentor: He leads the MEN's Club, a wrestling division for young cruiserweight wrestlers who lack exposure elsewhere.
- The Brute
- Legacy Character: His first gimmick, Terry Boy, was taken from Terry Funk.
- Mighty Glacier: Unusual for a lucharesu wrestler, but he does not use high-flying moves, in favor of a more grounded and strenght-based ofensive.
- Delinquent Hair
- Red Baron: "Damashi Tamashii" ("Deceiving Soul").
- Walking the Earth: Despite his consistent pushes in most companies, Fujita is known for his liking to move along the pro wrestling scene, wandering from very small promotions to big ones from time to time.
Takeshi Ono / Masked Tiger
- Expy: Of Tiger Jeet Singh.
Tiger Mask IV