open/close all folders
dislike of men, which stems from her experience of her father walking out on their family, leaving them with a large debt which she is trying to help work off with a part-time job at a Maid Cafe.
- The Ace: She's very competent at nearly everything she does. Inversely, Usui tends to be better than her at almost everything (they're about equal in badassitude).
- Action Girl: She is trained in aikido.
- Adorkable: When it comes to normal social functions.
- Attempted Rape: Had this pulled on her at least three times during the manga. In two cases Usui intervenes; in another, she curbstomps her assailants all by herself.
- Badass: The only thing she's equal to Takumi in.
- Badass Bookworm: Misaki has great grades because studies a lot and she becomes a diplomat/lawyer 10 years later.
- Battle Aura
- Battle Couple: With Usui.
- Betty and Veronica: Hinata and Takumi.
- Bifauxnen: Not normally, but she uses it to her advantage when entering a butler competition, and she dresses up as one in episode 7.
- Brainy Brunette
- Breaking the Bonds: In episode 5, after being kidnapped by stalkers and had her hands handcuffed behind her back she snaps out of them after they imply she's weak and submissive.
- Brown Eyes: The anime makes them look golden-brown.
- Caught the Heart on His Sleeve: To Takumi in the final episode.
- Color Motifs: As described by Takumi, the color that symbolizes Misaki the most is white.Takumi: "Walking along the path she [Misaki] chose without being affected by others. In this sense, white's her color."
- Death Glare: A lot of the time, particularly when she's angry, but it's Played for Laughs. Unless she's in the cafe, then it's Dissonant Serenity.
- Defrosting Ice Queen: Basically the series revolves around her warming up to the people around her, including Usui.
- Does Not Like Men: Stemming from when her father left their family with a huge debt. Most of the boys at her school don't exactly inspire trust.
- Does Not Know Her Own Strength: Not that she cares, so long as it keeps the guys/girls in line.
- Dominatrix: While subverted, quite a few characters seem to think of her as a sadist. When two of her assailants turn out to be masochists who wanted her to punish them, she's understandably creeped out.
- Drunk Personality Change: When Kanou hypnotizes her to be drunk, she is a lot more flirty and affectionate towards Usui.
- Dude Magnet: Has eight named romantically interested in her and at least one girl. If she puts any effort into it, there are even more.
- Effortless Amazonian Lift: She frequently carries Takumi around, much to his annoyance. In one episode, she crossdresses to enter a competition for a Butler Cafe; the first challenge is a race in which one partner must carry the other piggyback the whole way. Most of the other (male) competitors can't finish the course; Misaki comes in second.
- Even the Girls Want Her: Other girls certainly enjoy ogling over her skills or looks (including the entire Maid Latte staff and her two friends). One even says she has a "prince-type character", and her Bifauxnen looks attract tons of chicks in episode 7. Helps that she looks great as a boy.
- First Kiss: Props to Takumi for not wasting time and planting one on Misaki in the sixth episode!
- Freudian Excuse: Her father left her family during their financial struggle and had never returned home. This, along with her observations on the boys at school, led to her to not liking men.
- Gender-Blender Name: Misaki is a unisex name.
- Glowing Eyes of Doom: Whenever she's pissed at the guys.
- Go-Getter Girl: Misaki is a model student, a highly active and effective Student Council President, and works to help financially support her family.
- Happily Married: Marries Takumi in the end.
- Hero Stole My Bike: Misaki borrowed Yukimura's bicycle once. She kept her word about returning it.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: Misaki is brash and critical, especially towards men. However, while she may dislike men more than women, she will still help them if needed.
- Lethal Chef: She claims that if someone teaches her, she can cook rather well. We mostly haven't seen it; her attempts at riceballs turned out round, perfectly smooth, and hard as rock, and other efforts range from "mangled" to "yuck."
- Love Triangle: Between her, Takumi, and Hinata. Unfortunately for Hinata, the result isn't really in question.
- Meido: It's even in the title!
- Ms. Fanservice: Gets into a couple of deliciously exploitable situations, like the towel scene and a sexier maid outfit in episode 8.
- Ninja Maid: Misaki knows aikido.
- Paper-Thin Disguise: Misaki tried to disguise herself and enter the all-you-can-eat contest at Maid Latte in order to help Erika; and everyone who knew her basically recognized her immediately. Even Hinata got suspicious by the end of it.
- Plucky Girl: Whether on the student council or with her family, Misaki never quits.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: Red to Takumi's blue.
- Savvy Guy, Energetic Girl: Energetic Girl to Takumi's Savvy Guy. Energetic, only in the Hot-Blooded sense.
- She Cleans Up Nicely: Is gorgeous in a maid outfit.
- Ship Tease: With Takumi.
- Sibling Yin-Yang: With Suzuna.
- Single-Target Sexuality: Usui was the first man she held romantic feelings for, even if it did take her a while to admit it.
- Single Woman Seeks Good Man: Misaki has stated that she likes gentlemanly guys. And while she is annoyed at his perverted tendencies towards her, Misaki falls in love with Usui because of his good heart and all of the selfless things he does for her.
- Slasher Smile: Usually when someone ticks her off.
- Straw Feminist: Subverted. She looks like one at first, but it's shown that her sense of justice is not limited to the girls. A lot of the boys just tend to be delinquents for no apparent reason and don't exactly inspire confidence.
- Student Council President: It's even in the title! Subverted in last arc when Kanou is elected.
- Sweet Polly Oliver: When entering the butler competition, as well as the time she had to help Erika avoid a bad situation with a Stalker with a Crush customer. Basically, she gets made over Visual Kei-style into "Bisanki-kun" and has to enter a dessert eating contest.
- Team Dad: For the whole school and doubles as the Team Mom; as discussed amongst some of the boys in episode 9, she can be stern and disciplinary.
- Team Mom: For the whole school and doubles as the Team Dad; as discussed amongst some of the boys in episode 9, she can act caring and sweet.
- This Is Unforgivable!: She really despises her father for leaving them.
- Title Character: "Maid Sama" is referring to Misaki.
- Tomboy: Very much so. To the point where it's like she's the only Tomboy in the show.
- Tomboy with a Girly Streak: She may be a loud and commanding class president, but she still allows herself to wear dresses and likes gentlemanly guys.
- Tsundere: And a very, very blatant Type A at that, although she's showing some signs of mellowing into a Type B.
- Notably, she fits the traditional description of a Tsundere - she warms up to Usui after initially hating him.
- Used to Be a Sweet Child: Before Misaki's dad left her family, she was a gentle, encouraging, and normal girl. However, after that, she became extremely judgmental towards men.
- Why Did It Have to Be Snakes?: She's afraid of ghosts.
- Will They or Won't They?: Her and Takumi. They Do.
- Zettai Ryouiki: Grade A in her maid outfit. Bordered into Grade S when she sported twin tails as part of the cafe's special event
Voiced by: Nobuhiko Okamoto (anime), Tomokazu Sugita (drama CD) (Japanese), David Matranga (English)One of the most popular boys at Seika High, Usui usually aloof about his surroundings. After he discovers Misaki in a maid uniform after school, he promises to keep her secret and as a result ends up very protective of her. It's eventually revealed that he is one quarter British, and that he has an older half-brother named Gerard- but he is an illegitimate child and that he is on bad terms with Gerard and the rest of the Walker family.
- Above the Influence: When a drunken Misaki tries to seduce him.
- The Ace: He is highly skilled at absolutely everything and he can jump off a roof and not die when he lands several stories below.
- Amazon Chaser: Usui falls for the fiery Aikido practitioner, Misaki.
- Animal Motifs: A doberman.
- Badass Bookworm: Takumi is the resident ace and one of the smartest in his school. Ten years later, he becomes a doctor.
- Battle Couple: With Misaki.
- Betty and Veronica: The Veronica to Hinata's Betty.
- Big Damn Heroes: At times, especially when Tora Igarashi attempts to rape Misaki. In the anime, he also gets to come to the rescue when Misaki is ambushed at Maid Latte after closing by a pair of stalkers; he kicks a stun gun out of one guy's hand while Misaki handles the other one. It's subverted in the manga, however: he tries, but Misaki curbstomps both of them before he manages to do more than break in a window, and he only gets to help with the cleanup.
- A Boy and His X: A Boy and His Cat. Takumi has a dark blue cat named Licht (meaning "light" in German) which he found on the street. Misaki chose the name for the cat.
- But Not Too Foreign: Takumi is revealed to be this. Being the illegitimate child of an Englishwoman accounts for his blonde hair. His birth name is revealed to be Takumi Walker, but due to his unfavorable status within the family he abandoned the name at a young age and was later adopted into the Usui household.
- Casual Danger Dialogue: Hardly ever seems to take dangerous situations seriously.
- Chick Magnet: Takumi is very handsome, and most of the girls who see him fall for his looks instantly (thus, resulting in many broken hearted girls).
- Chivalrous Pervert: Towards Misaki, at least; he shows no interest in any other girls.
- Crazy Jealous Guy: Takumi doesn't go to yandere levels, but he's quite territorial whenever some guy(s) take an interest in Misaki.
- Curb-Stomp Battle: He hasn't lost a single competition he's entered. Any competition. Not even the time he had a broken arm.
- Even the Guys Want Him: He even provides the page picture!
- Expy: He's a more aloof version of Tamaki Suou from Ouran High School Host Club. Both are handsome, popular, light-haired heroic bastards who are the child of a Caucasian woman and Japanese father. They also both wind up with Single-Target Sexuality for a brilliant student leading a double life involving getting dressed up. They both are also extremely skilled with a stringed instrument.
- Generation Xerox: In context, his mother fell in love with his Japanese father, a butler.
- Gratuitous English: Takumi speaks very good English. In manga scanlations, they Keep It Foreign by having him speak French instead.
- Green Eyes: Shares this trope with his older brother.
- Green-Eyed Monster: He reacts this way towards Misaki's closeness to Hinata (though it's because of their childhood friend status).
- Hair of Gold, Heart of Gold: Takumi has spiky, blonde hair and is one of the good guys.
- Happily Married: Marries Misaki in the end.
- Heroic Bastard: Takumi was born on April 27, as the illegitimate child of Patricia Walker, an English-Japanese lady, and her personal butler Yū Hirose.
- Immune to Mind Control: Usui is unable to hypnotised because he does not trust anyone.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: Actually, Usui is a pretty nice guy, and one of the easiest to get along with it. The "jerk" part comes up whenever someone takes an interest in Misaki.
- Last Name Basis: Him and Misaki, though he also calls her "Misa-chan" to tease her about Maid Latte. However, in one of the latest chapters, they begin to refer to each other by first name.
- Made of Iron: Proved to be almost unkillable on several occasions (jumping off the school's roof into the swimming pool to retrieve a photograph and surviving with only moderate injuries, for one).
- Mr. Fanservice
- No Sense of Personal Space: Just ask Misaki.
- Not So Stoic: He's actually quite childish, prone to jealousy, and exhibits possessive tendencies underneath the typical cool-guy exterior. It's these slowly-revealed qualities that provide him with some truly stellar Character Development and Hidden Depths. Plus, the childish attributes almost always prove to be adorably endearing.
- In the Beach Episode he went so far as to kiss Misaki on the back and claim it left a visible mark to make her too embarrassed to run around in a bikini. He also competed against her and Aoi in the volleyball tournament because he didn't want her to be the "beach queen".
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: Blue to Misaki's red.
- Savvy Guy, Energetic Girl: Savvy Guy to Misaki's Energetic Girl.
- Secret Keeper: He's the first one to know about Misaki's Maid Cafe job and keeps it a secret.
- Shirtless Scene
- Single-Target Sexuality: Misaki is the only girl (and, indeed, the only person) he demonstrates any kind of interest in.
- Smart People Play Chess
- Stalker with a Crush: Towards Misaki. Some instances are Played for Laughs, though.
- The Stoic: How the entire school sees him.
- Stoic Spectacles: Wears glasses at home.
- Sue Donym: "Usui Janai"/"Not Usui".
- Supreme Chef: He wows Maid Latte with his amazing cooking skills when he fills in for a professional. Judging from the reaction to his omelet rice, he may be better than the professional
- Uptown Guy: Takumi is a rich boy and Misaki is a poor girl working at a maid cafe.
Voiced by: Atsushi Abe (Japanese), Santry Rush (English)Misaki's childhood friend, who came to the city just to find her. As children, Misaki kept on protecting him from bullies who picked on him for his fat figure. By the time he came back to the city from living with his grandparents in the country, he'd slimmed down from eating plenty of his grandparents' vegetables. He respects Usui and sees him as a Worthy Opponent for Misaki's affections. It's noted that he physically resembles Misaki's father.
- Animal Motifs: A Shiba Inu.
- Because You Were Nice to Me
- Betty and Veronica: The Betty to Takumi's Veronica.
- Big Eater: He used to be an overweight, lazy kid in his younger years; he slimmed down while living in the country, but he can still pack it away like nobody's business.
- Dogged Nice Guy: To Misaki.
- Formerly Fat: He used to be bullied for being fat. His feelings for Misaki stem from her sticking up for him. And then he moved away and he slimmed down because of all the vegetables his grandparents made him eat.
- He Is All Grown Up: One of the omake chapters has Suzuna make this observation in a moment of Ship Tease.
- Keet: Hinata is also sportive and energetic and has a very bright personality. He is careless and carefree as talks very outspoken about his sad past.
- Luminescent Blush: He ends up spending an entire New Year's Eve as red as a tomato when Suzuna confesses to him and declares that she will be far more overt about her feelings toward him from that point on.
- Nice Guy: Hinata has a friendly personality, making friends easily when he transfers into Seika High. He is always optimistic.
- Raised by Grandparents
- Romantic Runner-Up
- Secret Keeper: eventually for Misaki as well.
- Settle for Sibling: The finale has him marrying Suzuna.
- Unlucky Childhood Friend: He realizes that Misaki had already fallen for Takumi.
- Victorious Childhood Friend: [[folder: With Suzuna.]]
The Three Idiots
Shiroyan voiced by: Mitsuhiro Ichiki (anime), Hiroyuki Yoshino (drama CD) (Japanese), Leraldo Anzaldua (English)
Ikkun voiced by: Takuma Terashima (anime), Tetsuya Kakihara (drama CD) (Japanese), Houston Hayes (English)
Kurotatsu voiced by: Yoshimasa Hosoya (anime), Yuuichi Nakamura (drama CD) (Japanese), Corey Hartzog (English)Three boys at Seika who initially resented Misaki's forceful methods of changing it. When they find out Misaki's job, however, they are instantly charmed and vow to keep her secret. They are now regulars at Maid Latte. Shiroyan and Kurotatsu were in middle school together and used to be delinquents.Full Names: Naoya "Shiroyan" Shirakawa, Ikuto "Ikkun" Sarashina, and Ryuunosuke "Kurotatsu" Kurosaki.
- Adaption Expansion: In the anime, they get a bit more screentime.
- Babies Ever After: Shiroyan has three kids in the finale.
- Covert Pervert: The three of them and especially Kurotatsu.
- Dragged by the Collar: Whenever Misaki beats them up for doing something silly.
- Heel-Face Turn:
- It's really hard to believe, seeing them now, but at the very beginning of the manga, they were menacing figures that tried to rape Misaki upon discovering her secret, before Takumi blackmailed them into submission, and they became charmed by Misaki.
- In Shiroyan and Kurotatsu's backstory, they stopped being delinquents to prevent their mothers from crying.
- Pair the Spares: Kurotatsu is dating Erika in the Distant Finale.
- Red Baron: Shiroyan was known as Tornado of the White Devil in middle school.
- Secret Keepers: They know about Misaki's job.
- Babies Ever After: In the distant finale she marries Kuuga and at Misaki and Takumi's wedding, she is pregnant with their second child.
- Beware of the Nice Ones: In chapter 68 she explodes at her classmate because they were denying the fact that Misaki and Usui were dating.
- Cherry Blossom Girl: She's got both pinkish hair and associated heavily with love, in addition to her name.
- Curtains Match the Window
- The Cutie
- Dude Magnet: Has a lot of boys at school all over her.
- Florence Nightingale Effect: Love Redeems when Kuuga gets sick and she winds up caring for him.
- Genki Girl
- Girlish Pigtails
- Those Two Girls: With Shizuko.
- Tomboy and Girly Girl: Girly girl to Shizuko's tomboy.
Voiced by: Yuu Kobayashi (Japanese), Kara Greenberg (English)Another one of Misaki's best friends, and, like her, is protective of Sakura. She is very intelligent and good in math, but dislikes physical activities. She is a member of the school's flower arranging club. Like Sakura, she does not know about Misaki's parttime job. According to Sakura, she has an older brother studying in university and a younger sister in junior high who look a lot like her.
- Berserk Button:
- Being dragged into stressful social situations by her friends (usually Sakura) gets her really pissed off, leading to almost drill sergeant-like scolding that intimidates both Sakura and Misaki.
- DO NOT INSULT THE GLASSES!
- Curtains Match the Window
- Good with Numbers
- Meaningful Name: Her first name, Shizuko, meaning "quiet child", which fits her personality.
- Only Sane Man: Occasionally.
- Sexy Spectacles Fetish: appropriately enough, she was happily flirting with a guy with glasses during a class trip. When she bumps into him later without his glasses, however, she initially doesn't recognize him and becomes indifferent, claiming that "the glasses make up 80% of him."
- The Smart Girl
- The Stoic
- Stoic Spectacles
- Those Two Girls: With Sakura.
- Tomboy and Girly Girl: Shizuko isn't exactly a tomboy, but fits the role in her friendship with Sakura, being much more plain, prosaic, and uninterested in things like bands and dating.
- Attractive Bent-Gender: Lately guys in his class have been forcing him to cross dress, drooling over how feminine the final result is.
- Big Brother Instinct: Towards Ruri.
- Brown Eyes
- The Chew Toy
- The Cutie
- Dude Looks Like a Lady: He looks enough like a girl to make Kanou uncomfortable.
- Emphasized in the Gender Flipped omake where he looks pretty much the same other than being in a girl's school uniform.
- Homoerotic Subtext: With Takumi and Kanou. Usui regularly sexually harasses him in the Fourth Wall Mail Slot sidebars.
- In the Distant Finale he and Kanou end up living together, and he considers Kanou practically family. The readers are left to draw their own conclusions.
- Masculine Girl, Feminine Boy: With Misaki.
- Meido: Was forced to wear one of these at one point.
- Moe Couplet: With Kanou.
- Nice Guy
- Number Two: He's the vice president.
- Older Than They Look
- Sensitive Guy and Manly Man: Sensitive guy to Kanou's manly man (sort of, see below)
- Those Two Guys: With Kanou later on.
- Wholesome Cross Dresser: Is forced into numerous frilly dresses throughout the series. Cue the squeeing fangirls.
Voiced by: Kosuke Toriumi (Japanese), Tyler Galindo (English)A withdrawn male student who is initially against Misaki as the student council president because of her aspirations of increasing the female population of Seika High. In order to sabotage her presidency, Kanou tries to hypnotize Misaki, Usui, and the student council into ruining Misakiís reputation. It is revealed that his gynophobic attitude comes from his mother abandoning his family when he was young and his father warning him to be wary of women. After being forced to work with girls by Misaki as punishment, he starts to get over his gynophobia and later becomes one of the president's allies.
- Accidental Misnaming: The reason he lost the presidential election to Misaki by one point: everyone else either misspelled his name or put "that guy with the glasses," all of which were considered invalid.
- Genre Savvy
- Heel-Face Turn
- He-Man Woman Hater: Like Misaki, one of his parents (in his case, his mother) walked out on their family when he was young. But unlike Misaki, he isn't hostile towards them: he's terrified. She helps him get over it.
- Hypnotic Eyes: When not using music and a watch to hypnotize people, he resorts to this method.
- Leaningonthe Fourth Wall: Seems to be able to see some of the anime elements.
- Luminescent Blush: When around the female gender.
- Moe Couplet: With Yukimura.
- Sensitive Guy and Manly Man: While he's not the sterotypical macho man, his sheer height and quietly brooding quality makes him especially masculine when contrasted with Yukimura.
- Shipper on Deck: For Takumi and Misaki.
- Stoic Spectacles
- Straw Misogynist: To an extent, he's extremely uncomfortable around women and doesn't want them in positions of power, but this stems from a case of Parental Abandonment. He grows out of it once proven wrong.
- Student Council President: In the last arc.
- Those Two Guys: With Yukimura later on in the story.
- When He Smiles: Kanou doesn't smile pleasantly that much. So during the scene where he smiles slightly and sincerely after putting a girl at ease on Misaki's behest, many a fangirl were stunned. Then they squeed. Hard.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair
A mysterious, beautiful teacher who transferred to Seika. At first, Misaki seemed to view her as a rival for Usui's affections but it's eventually revealed that she is, in fact in love with Misaki after seeing her strength and independence (it should be noted, though, that she's fallen in love many times before). She came to Seika to try to get Usui to transfer to Miyabigaoka under Igarashi Tora's orders. She has a fiance named Shinji.
- Alliterative Name
- Bitch in Sheep's Clothing: Is revealed to be in league with Igarashi with the sole purpose of pressuring Usui to attend Miyabigaoka Academy. She also seems to delight in keeping Usui and Misaki separate for reasons that do not involve her Hot for Student tendencies — at least initially; see I Want My Beloved to Be Happy below.
- Bi the Way
- Christmas Cake
- Dude Magnet: Most of the male population of Seika is all over her.
- Hot Teacher
- Hot for Student: Misaki.
- I Want My Beloved to Be Happy: She intentionally prevents Cedric from following Misaki and Takumi out of the amusement park during their Christmas Eve date, allowing the two of them some time alone because she wants to make Misaki happy.
- Victorious Childhood Friend: Would be this for Shinji although she never really loved him.
Fetishes, which include glasses, cat ears, and policewomen.
- Benevolent Boss
- Beware the Nice Ones: Aoi can provoke her disciplinary side.
- Big Sister Instinct: A bit for Aoi, though she's his aunt.
- Christmas Cake
- Curtains Match the Window
- Moe: In-universe, her love of things she considers moe gives her nosebleeds.
- Older Than They Look: Is really thirty. Yeah, we didn't believe it at first either. She still looks the same when she is forty.
- Shipper on Deck: Seems to ship Takumi/Misaki.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair
- Attractive Bent-Gender: As an internet idol, he has a huge amount of fans who think he is a really pretty girl.
- Bratty Half-Pint
- Caught the Heart on His Sleeve: To Takumi.
- Curtains Match the Window
- The Fashionista: Male example.
- Gender-Blender Name: It really helps when he crossdresses.
- Green-Eyed Monster: Was not pleased upon realizing the more or less almost Relationship Upgrade between Misaki and Usui, but he later realizes he's happy instead of jealous at seeing Misaki with Takumi because it makes her look cuter, and whenever Misaki looks cute, it makes Aoi happy.
- Hair-Trigger Temper
- I Want My Beloved to Be Happy: In spite of Aoi's crush on Misaki, he likes it when Misaki is "lovey-dovey" with Usui because it makes her cuter, and Aoi likes it when Misaki looks cute.
- Larynx Dissonance: His voice is cracking much to his dismay.
- Masculine Girl, Feminine Boy: With Misaki
- Matchmaker Crush: Has no designs on Misaki himself, but recently realized he likes her.
- Ojou Ringlets: When crossdressing.
- Pair the Spares: Is apparently dating Honoka in the Distant Finale.
- Shipper on Deck: Ships Takumi/Misaki.
- Spoiled Brat: He can come off as this, especially in the beginning.
- Tsundere: Towards Misaki and the three idiots. Obviously he hates them and just wants to manipulate them. Or something. Riiiiight. To his credit, upon figuring out that he actually liked her he admitted it outright almost immediately and then continued on with the conversation.
- Unsettling Gender Reveal: Who knew that sweet, cute internet idol Aoi was really a guy?
- Wholesome Crossdresser
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair
Voiced by: Kana Asumi (Japanese), Jennifer Gilbert (English)An employee at Maid Latte. She possesses a rather maniacal side to her, and is annoyed at Misaki's resistance to her job. She makes a living from part-time work and does not have a full-time job. She takes working at Maid Latte very seriously, which causes friction between her and Misaki over the fact that Misaki is ashamed of working there.
Voiced by: Kana Ueda (Japanese), Juliet Simmons (English)Another of the employees at Maid Latte. Like Honoka, she makes a living from part-time work.
Voiced by: Mariya Ise (Japanese), Kasi Hollowell (English)Another of the employees at Maid Latte. She views Misaki as strong and independent and sometimes finds it hard to believe that Misaki is younger than her. Is also proud of her... assets.
Miyabigaoka High School
Maria Miyazono is an acquaintance of his, and he'd hired her to come to Seika to lure Usui to Miyabigaoka.
- Attempted Rape: Tries to pull this on Misaki.
- Big Bad: Arguably. Subverted.
- Blond Guys Are Evil
- Curtains Match the Window
- Everything but the Girl
- The Hedonist
- Hidden Depths: Plays Tennis.
- I Love You Because I Can't Control You: The reason why he sees Misaki as a step above the other women he's met.
- Manipulative Bastard
- Pet the Dog: Decides to help Misaki in her quest to be reunited with Takumi in England.
- Smug Snake
- Student Council President
- Villainous Crush: Possibly.
Voiced by: Tomoaki Maeno (Japanese), Jack Ivy (English)The vice president at Miyabigaoka High.
One of Takumi's new classmates, who was told to befriend him.
Umekouji's older brother, who's also trying to befriend Takumi.
The Kaon siblings' childhood friend.
Another student who's trying to befriend Takumi. He is obsessed with fashion and is Lin's fiance.
- Arranged Marriage: With Lin.
- Crazy-Prepared: Keeps makeup supplies underneath his shirt.
- I Want My Beloved to Be Fashionable: Wanted to change Lin's plain look and as a result became obsessed with fashion.
- Mad Artist
- Mundane Made Awesome: In the form of a Badass Bandolier.
- The Makeover: His specialty.
- The Stoic: Normally.
- Not So Stoic: When fashion is involved.
Lin Yi Hua
Another student who's trying to befriend Takumi. She is also Arashiyama's fiance.
- Bishōnen: One can make a case for him.
- Bitch in Sheep's Clothing: He pretends to be kind and caring, but really enjoys toying around with girls.
- Cute Little Fangs
- Dynamic Character: He eventually honestly does start to care for Sakura and drops the flirting with fans act.
- Florence Nightingale Effect: The "feelings" end, for Sakura.
- Happily Married/Babies Ever After: Marries Sakura and by the time of Misaki and Takumi's wedding, Sakura is pregnant with their second child.
- Idol Singer: He's the lead singer of Yumemichi.
- Jerkass —> Jerk with a Heart of Gold
- Love Redeems: When he gets sick and is cared for by Sakura, he reciprocates her feelings genuinely this time around.
- Red Eyes, Take Warning: Played straight at first, but subverted later once Character Development hits.
- Tsundere: Has some shades of this for Sakura.
Shou, Kou, and Yuuji William Adam
The other members of Yumemichi. Shou is the guitarist, Kou is the bassist, and Yuuji plays drums. They are notably nicer than Kuuga is.
- Born Lucky: And how!
- Emotionless Girl
- Girlish Pigtails: Although she isn't that particularly girly.
- Luminescent Blush: Quite a few times during the Ship Tease moments with Hinata in chapter 68.
- Running Gag: Her incredibly good luck, which she uses to win prizes in various raffles.
- Sibling Yin-Yang
- She Cleans Up Nicely: To mirror her He Is All Grown Up realization regarding Hinata in an omake, chapter 68 has Hinata realize this when he sees her dolled up.
- Through His Stomach: Lately she's been finding excuses to give stuff she's cooked to Hinata.
- Victorious Childhood Friend: In the Distant Finale, she actually marries Hinata three years before her sister and Usui get married.
Misaki and Suzuna's Father
Usui's British older half-brother, who looks like an older, more polished version of him.
Voiced by: Sanae Kobayashi (anime) (Japanese), Beth Lazarou (English)Satsuki's younger sister and Aoi's aunt. She's very hard on Aoi's crossdressing because her older brother (Aoi's father) disapproves of it. Her shop Ocean House isn't getting as many customers as she would like, so naturally the Maid Latte girls (+Usui) head to it to help, thus the Beach Episode.
Alternative Title(s):Kaichou Wa Maid Sama
This page has not been indexed. Please choose a satisfying and delicious index page to put it on.