Characters: Mahou Shoujo Troper Magica
This page lists the characters of Mahou Shoujo Troper Magica (an RP based on the Studio SHAFT original series Puella Magi Madoka Magica) and tropes specific to them, sorted by area. Due to the large number of characters, some Wiki Magic would be much appreciated.
open/close all folders
- Killed Off for Real: First ones down, along with Yukino, in all 3 cities.
- Shrinking Violet
- Heroic BSOD: Has been in one ever since Yukino's death.
- Sugar and Ice Personality
- The One Guy: The only male character (in both sex and gender) in the entire Imaizumi cast.
- Blade on a Stick
- Bokukko: Occasionally, thanks to her past.
- Gender Bender: Used her wish to correct her physical sex.
- Huge Schoolgirl: Tallest of the Imaizumi cast.
- Master of Illusion
- Weak, but Skilled: Tsubasa has no offense magic, and she can't spam her weapon. But she does have determination and illusion magic.
- Doomed Apartment Complex: The second Witch in Imaizumi had everyone in her apartment commit suicide.
- Dual Age Modes: Sort of; they're both able to reasonably pass as the age Shizuka actually is, but her regular self looks younger than she actually is while her other self looks older.
- Hikikomori: Formerly, anyway.
- I Just Want to Have Friends
- Orphan's Ordeal: Shizuka's parents died two to three years ago, and she's been struggling to seek out a meaningful relationship ever since.
- Secretly Wealthy: Willingly chose to live a modest lifestyle.
- Sempai/Kohai: She's the kohai of Akira, with the minor twist of her actually being the older one.
- Shrinking Violet
- Simple Staff
- Stage Magician
- The Woobie: Life has not been kind to her, in both the present and past.
- Dual Tonfas
- Green Eyes
- Headphones Equal Isolation
- Shrinking Violet: Used her wish to try and correct this. Whether it worked as intended remains to be seen.
- Carry a Big Stick
- Chess Motifs
- Sempai/Kohai: She's the sempai of Shizuka, with the minor twist of her actually being the younger one.
- Team Mom
Satomi NatsuhiYounger sister of Yukino.
- Ill Girl: Used to be until Yukino's wish healed her.
- Gender Swap
- Jumped at the Call: He was very quick to contract with Kyubey, even though it meant a sudden switch in gender and a new focus in his life.
- Covert Pervert: May not be as good at it as she thinks, though.
- Broken Bird
- Only Mostly Dead: "Died" once due to Tomoko's attack. She got better.
- Sugar and Ice Personality
- Badass Bookworm: Football team captain, top of her year in grades.
- Wholesome Crossdresser
- Work Hard, Play Hard
- Invisibility: Her power.
- Miko: She's the daughter of a local Shinto priest, and her Magical Girl costume is a stylized miko outfit.
- Impaled with Extreme Prejudice: By a signpost.
- Never Found the Body
- Zigzag Paper Tassel: Yuriko's staff comes with two of these on its head.
- Blade on a Stick: Rei's Weapon of Choice; she can manipulate every physical aspect of her spears, and can do quite a lot with them.
- Ms. Exposition: She explains to Akane (and later to Noa, much more briefly) what being a Magical Girl is all about.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: Rei is the Blue Oni to Ysanne's Red.
- Warrior Therapist: What her power effectively makes her. Whether she can or Cannot Spit It Out is another matter, entirely.
- Awesomeness by Analysis: Her wish gave her the ability to learn everything there is to know about anything she looks at; she can't understand everything she absorbs all at once, however, so she has to be selective about what she learns to make it useful.
- Brought Down to Normal: Temporarily, due to Akane's wish. She promptly makes a contract with Kyubey again.
- Jumped at the Call
- My God, What Have I Done?: She throws up upon realizing she killed a person (who was mind-controlled and attempting to kill her sister, admittedly) on impulse.
- Reality Warper: A very limited one.
- Big Eater
- Destructive Saviour: Blasting a three-meter hole in the wall of a parking garage is "no biggie" for her. So is nearly destroying Yamanaka's central garden.
- Fiery Redhead
- Huge Schoolgirl: At 5'8", she towers over fellow Magical Girl Rei (who's 5'4", and is also taller than average).
- Kill It with Fire: One of her favorite ways to deal with Witches.
- Lightning Bruiser: Ysanne relies on her speed and firepower to deal with Witches, so she's a natural for this.
- Meaningful Name: "Taihou" means "cannon", which fits Ysanne perfectly. One can only wonder if the rest of the family is like her, since Taihou is their family name...
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: Ysanne is the Red Oni to Rei's Blue.
- Laser-Guided Amnesia: She used her wish to forget the Awful Truth about Magical Girls and to never learn about it again; this includes forgetting about her old friends. Her mind automatically wipes the related memories whenever they resurface.
- Attack Reflector: By pouring power into her default "nullification" power, she can do this.
- Bifurcated Weapon: The swords she creates can merge to form a BFS the size of a small car.
- Failure Knight: After a girl she was trying to save from a particularly vicious Alpha Bitch commited suicide, she wished she could stop people from hurting others.
- Skilled, but Na´ve: She is one of the two Magical Girls that has the most magical potential, but she is also fairly new to the darker side of the Magical Girl business: case in point, her reaction to the Demon victims in the park.
- Off with Her Head! - What Nazuna got in return for cutting off Rei's arm.
- Break the Cutie: She dove into a contract without too much thought about her Wish or any of the dark details about being a Magical Girl in this universe, then witnesses what happens to people when the Demons sucessfully drive them to suicide.
- Even the Girls Want Her: Ciel was attracted to her eyes.
- Dual Wielding - Alicia wields two guns.
- Charged Attack - One of Alicia's specialties. She can "charge" her shot and shoot out one giant bullet.
Ciel Lan (Her full profile)
- Berserk Button: Threaten her friends or boyfriend if you want to find out just how angry she can get.
- Broken Bird: Not very obvious at first, but if you managed to trigger some bad memories from her early career...
- Busman's Holiday: She just wants a peaceful holiday in Japan, maybe with some new friends! Being meguca on holiday is still suffering.
- Dynamic Entry: How she saved Alicia's life from a Demon - she jumped off the top of a shopping mall and kicked it hard enough to allow another Magical Girl to finish it off with ease.
- Kick Chick
- Lightning Bruiser: Fast and hard-hitting, yet tough enough to just barely avoid being a Fragile Speedster.
- Roller Blade Good
- Shell-Shocked Veteran: Has some pretty bad memories from her four or so years of being a Magical Girl.
- She's Got Legs: As a result of her wish.
- Stupid Sexy Flanders: Found herself attracted to Alicia's eyes.
- Wall Jump
- Why Did It Have to Be Snakes?: Not immediately obvious, but she dislikes escalators after what happened to her years ago.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Just like another famous blue haired Ciel
- Awesome by Analysis: A product of her wish for understanding.
- Awesome but Impractical: He weapon burns a good chunk of her magic which is why it's dangerous to use it on single demons.
- Captain Ethnic: Invoked with her moniker "Madame Edison."
- I Work Alone: Prefers to by far
- Large Ham: Gets carried away when she's in her magical girl persona.
- Light 'em Up: Her attacks revolve around light and her soul gem is shaped like a lightbulb.
- No Sell: Is immune to Shizuko's "invisibilty".
- Non-Standard Character Design: Due to her player's lack of talent compared to the folks at Magia.
- Phenotype Stereotype: Has blond hair and blue eyes.
- Theme Naming: Her name's an attempt to keep the "last name can be used as a first name" magica tradition.
Melody Harmonia (aka. Ryoko Shiki)
- Do Not Call Me Ryoko Shiki: She'll simply not respond to you if you do.
- Ret Gone and Real Life Writes the Plot: With Melody's RP deciding to leave the RP, this was the route taken instead of the other main method. She just no longer exists.
- Blade on a Stick: Inoue's weapon of choice.