open/close all folders
Team NakajimaThe team featuring the four main charactersnote , which is under the supervision of Novenote . Initially, Vivio was the sole "apprentice"note that Nove had until Corona, Rio, and eventually Einhart joined. The children christened themselves "Team Nakajima" upon joining the DSAA Inter-Middle Championship. Aside from Nove, who serves as the coach, other members of the Nakajima family offer their assistance to the group, like Wendi serving as Nove's assistant, or Dieci bringing the group refreshments during training sessions. They are also trained by now Saint Church members Otto and Deed, at Nove's request.With the sole exception of Corona, they use Transformation Magic and fight as grown up versions of themselves (Corona would later gain one in ViVid Strike!). Vivio, Corona and Rio are trained in Strike Arts, while Einhart is a Kaiser Arts practitioner. Despite being in the same team, all four of them have very different fighting styles, as noted by some people during their first tournament.
Tropes shared by the team:
- Action Girl: Pretty obvious in a fighting series.
- The Apprentices: They are trained by Nove, and some of them have other mentors. A theme of the series is that the members of Team Nakajima are still inexperienced and meet people who are stronger and more experienced, so they have to train and develop their skills to become stronger. In the Inter-Middle Championship, thtey learn what they really want to achieve with their Strike Arts/Kaiser Arts.
- Badass Adorable: Seriously, look at how cute they are.
- Badass Crew: All four of them have an impressive record for newcomers in the DSAA Inter-Middle Championship.
- Five-Man Band: The five heroines of ViVid, Team Nakajima plus Miura.
- The Heroine: Vivio Takamachi, the main character.
- The Lancer: Einhart Stratos, the Blue Oni to Vivio and The Ace of the team.
- The Big Girl: Rio Wesley, the physically strongest girl with the greatest magical power.
- The Smart Girl: Corona Timil (formerly The Chick), who programs the spells of her teammates into her Goliath to copy them.
- The Chick: The missing position to complete this trope. The newest arc has two potential candidates. Ixpellia and Yumina Enclave.
- Sixth Ranger: Miura Rinaldi (for more, see her entry).
- Four-Temperament Ensemble: Vivio (sanguine) is the girl who makes friends with others very quickly, has a cheerful personality and is enthusiatic. Einhart (melancholic) is a proud Lady of War who wants To Be a Master. Rio (choleric) is a passionate fighter who has fire and lightning powers. And Corona (phlegmatic) is the harmonic and sweet Smart Girl who has some issues with herself.
- Jack-of-All-Trades: Vivio, Rio, and Corona all know ranged attacks and incorporate them together with the melee attacks of Strike Arts. Einhart deviates from this due to her own choice of focusing solely on Kaiser Arts, which is a purely melee style.
- Junior Counterpart: The team as a whole (plus Miura) to Nanoha and her friends. Vivio to Nanoha, Einhart to Fate, Rio and Corona to Alisa and Suzuka in two ways, and Miura to Hayate.
- Line-of-Sight Name: Nove expressed how she didn't want the honor of the team being named after her, but decided to accept it anyway.
- Magical Girl Warrior: They are Magical Girls in a Fighting Series.
- Overshadowed by Awesome: They learn really hard how strong the other participants of the Inter-Middle Championship are and that they're still too weak.
- Power Limiter: The girls from Team Nakajima all train with bracelets that act like training weights, draining their physical and magical energies to help foster their growth. By the end of their training they are wearing four of them each. Their introduction even included a quick Continuity Nod to Nanoha's Training from Hell in the A's manga, where Nanoha used a cruder version with Raising Heart's Pressure Mode.
Voiced by: Kaori Mizuhashi
Note: This section is only for tropes introduced in the ViVid manga. For the rest, see Vivio's character entry in the StrikerS character sheet.
- "I will be strong, no matter how long it takes!"
Tropes befriended by Vivio (post-StrikerS Sound Stage X):
- Adaptation Dye-Job: The The Gears of Destiny artworks colored Vivio's armor with a lighter shade of blue, while in the manga it's depicted with a very dark blue color like in StrikerS.
- Affectionate Nickname: Otto and Deed call Vivio "Your Majesty". Vivio was against this at first, but got used to it over time since the twins were persistent in calling her that.
- Badass: Well, she's Nanoha and Fate's daughter after all.
- Badass Adorable: Probably the most adorable character.
- Badass Bookworm: Surprises her friend Rio, who thought she was a bookworm, with her skill in martial arts. On the other hand, Chantez believes she is best suited to being a scholar, fearing that she will suffer an upsetting defeat in the tournament.
- Handicapped Badass: Her Linker Core was damaged in the Grand Finale of Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha StrikerS, this is the reason why Vivio lacks many of her abilities she displayed in her Sankt Kaiser Mode. Remember, the Linker Core is an actual (magical) organ in this franchise.
- Deconstructed since she loses to opponents she would not lose normally.
- Barehanded Blade Block: Does this while sparring with Chantez.
- Beam Spam: Sonic Shooter, especially Sonic Shooter Phantom Shift. She can even perform Shoryuken with a barret instead of a punch.
- Big Damn Heroes: Together with Einhart she executes one for Lutecia during the battle against Fabia Crozelg.
- Borrowed Catchphrase: In the G.O.D video game, Vivio sometimes exclaims "Zenryoku Zenkai!" whenever her Full Drive mode is activated.
- Bunnies for Cuteness: Vivio has a bunny motif associated with her, fitting her bright and positive personality. Even her Hybrid-Intelligent Device is shaped like a bunny, which resembles very much the plush bunny that Nanoha gave her in StrikerS.
- Colour-Coded for Your Convenience: It's easy to distinguish the Adult Mode and Sankt Kaiser Mode from each other, since the former has a white jacket, while the latter has a black jacket.
- Cordon Bleugh Chef: In the "Magical Cooking" short side story, Vivio is making cookies for Einhart, but finds the original recipe too plain. So she decides to spice things up with baked caviare and a whole bottle of brandy. Fate nearly gags and Nanoha tells her to her face it's terrible, while smiling. When she actually does follow the instructions Einhart seems to like it.
- Curb-Stomp Battle: After being trained by Nanoha and regaining her Sankt Kaiser Mode, she curb-stomps Einhart almost as bad as Sieglinde did to Einhart. While Einhart does some comebacks, it's not enough to make them on even ground.
- Cute Bruiser: She's quite good at martial arts. You'd think Nanoha's starting her a bit early, and should be more concerned about teaching her to do things like make friends. Oh, wait...
- Dangerous Forbidden Technique: Sacred Defender. After her Training from Hell with Nanoha, she develops enough control of her mana flow to instantly switch from attack to defense, meaning she can put 100% of her power into attacking and then switch to 100% defense in an instant. This allowed her to deliver devastating blows and even nullify Einhart's Dankuuken However, she can only defend only one area of her body, leaving her defenseless anywhere else, and she's completely defenseless when she attacks. In essence, technique is a magical pin-point barrier. Nove reprimands Vivio and forbids her from fighting like that again after her fourth fight against Einhart.
- To clarify, when we say it leaves her defenseless, this isn't the normal Nanoha-style defenseless where she still has protection from her barrier jacket and whatever sort of magic reinforcing her body. She is using every bit of magic she has to attack, and then every bit of magic she has to defend a tiny area at precisely the point of impact. If a hit were to actually connect with her, it would be like hitting an ordinary unmagical unprotected human girl with attacks capable of blowing holes in concrete. A single misjudgement could easily get her killed outright.
- Dark and Troubled Past: The events in StrikerS.
- Defeat Means Friendship: Given who her mama is, this is hardly surprising.
- What is surprising is that she inverts the trope, becoming friends with Einhart and Miura after they defeat her. Although one could say that she's simply taking after her other mama in that regard, especially when you remember who the latter is an Expy of.
- She plays this more straight after the Tournament Arc with Fabia.
- Determined Defeatist: Before her rematch against Einhart, Vivio realizes that Einhart will beat her once again, but decides to put up a hell of a fight nonetheless, if only to earn her respect.
- Dynamic Entry: After recovering from Fabia's curse, Vivio appears in her Adult Mode and punches Fabia in her stomach with Spark Splash.
- Elemental Punch: Spark Splash is a lightning-elemental punch.
- Family Theme Naming: Vivio's Sacred Heart is named after Nanoha's Raising Heart. It is implied she's decided on giving her device this name long before she actually got one. It's revealed in later chapters that Olivie's nickname was "Vivi".
- Famous Ancestor: While Vivio is the clone of Sankt Kaiser Olivie, she considers herself as more like her descendant instead. In the Gears Of Destiny video game, the Big Bad mistakes her as Olivie and when Vivio states that she's her descendant, said Big Bad replies that Olivie didn't have any descendants.
- Fusion Dance: With Sacred Heart.
- Feed It a Bomb: Giant bat devil about to eat you? No problem! Just feed it a Divine Buster.
- Finishing Move: Her Flash Hit is supposed to be this during her fight with Miura, but Vivio has received so much damage that she fails to do it properly, leading to Miura countering Vivio with her Finishing Move.
- Fragile Speedster: After losing her Saint Armor, her defense suffers a massive drop. Chantez even states that she's unsuited for magical combat, the best position she could have is being a wing guard. However, she's also recognized as being very fast, and she uses this to great effect as a counter-hitter.
- Generation Xerox: Although she's technically just adopted, Vivio seems to be going down the same road to friendship with Einhart as Nanoha did with Fate. Bit less antagonism and angst, but it's still there. In addition, she lost to people who share the same characteristics with the people that defeated Nanoha in her childhood - the girl who is more skilled (Einhart) and the girl who hits hard (Miura, who was trained by Vita).
- Genetic Memory: While watching Einhart fighting against Sieglinde in the tournament, she saw a little bit of memories of her ancestor Olivie Sägebrecht for the first time, but not much else unlike Einhart.
- Girly Bruiser: Vivio is a skilled martial artist, but she has a very girly and cute personality outside of combat. Her weapon is even a "plush bunny".
- Good Costume Switch: Her Sankt Kaiser Mode had a black jacket and claws. Her Adult Mode has a white jacket, that resembles Nanoha's Barrier Jacket, and no claws. The black jacket comes back when Vivio is in her Sankt Kaiser Mode, but she's not evil or brainwashed, but more aggressive.
- He's Back: Sankt Kaiser Vivio is back!◊
- I Just Want to Be Badass: Although she's a great enough fighter already at such a young age, Vivio's motivation for wanting to become strong is so that one day, she can protect those who had given her the courage and happiness to live a normal life. Most importantly, she wants the strength to be able to protect her Nanoha-mama.
- In the Back: Fires a Divine Buster on Miura's back. Doesn't deal that much damage, though.
- In-Series Nickname:
- "Vivi" and "Vivi-chan" by Victoria and Sieglinde, respectively, which might be a nod to Olivie's nickname.
- Sacred Heart is mostly called "Cris".
- Saint Church nuns Otto, Deed, and Chantez address her as "Your Majesty".
- Kamehame Hadouken:
- She can use the Divine Buster in the same way as Subaru does, but she can also just fire it from her palm, as demonstrated in Vivio's normal form. Though, it's unknown if she still can use Plasma Smasher like in StrikerS.
- In The Gears of Destiny, her Limit Break is Sacred Blazer, that has a similar performance as Divine Buster, though this spell have yet to appear in the manga.
- Kung-Fu Kid Wizard Jesus: Mixes Strike Arts with her own magic. And she happens to be the clone of the woman who got her own church.
- Lightning Bruiser: After some Training from Hell with Nanoha, Vivio appears to regain her Sankt Kaiser mode: transforming into her old costume for a match with Einhart, hitting much harder, and becoming nearly impervious to even the most powerful attacks Einhart can hit her with. But in truth it's a bluff, and she's really using the Dangerous Forbidden Technique described above. Unfortunately for Einhart, Vivio's reaction times are good enough that Einhart can't land a disabling hit past the defenses. Even when Vivio gets some injuries during the fight, it is not that much of a deal. The only reason why Einhart does last so long is because she is Made of Iron.
- Limit Break: Sacred Blazer in The Gears of Destiny, which deals 45% basic damage, that is average.
- Love at First Punch: Like most aspects of Nanoha and Fate's relationship, this is being repeated to some degree by Vivio and Einhart. Unlike Fate, Einhart actually did punch her across the room. Vivio's reaction: "Awesome!!"
- Magical Girl Warrior: Probably the straightest use of this trope you're likely to see in Nanoha.
- Non-Indicative Name: Sacred Heart does not have any hearts. Vivio decided to name it like that after Nanoha's Raising Heart.
- Older Alter Ego: Her Magical Girl Warrior form. Nanoha actually was the one who ordered this gimmick with the only condition that Vivio use this exclusively in combat training, and not for fun. It is also different than the Sankt Kaiser Mode, notably in power.
- Pink Means Feminine: Many of her clothes are pink, including her training outfit.
- Power-Up Full Color Change: Vivio's white jacket turns to its original black color when she is in her Sankt Kaiser Mode.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: The red oni to Einhart's blue.
- Redemption Demotion: In Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha StrikerS, Vivio was capable of going toe-to-toe with Nanoha, a decorated military wielding the very latest in technomagical hardware. A few years later, and she enters a juvenile martial arts tournament where she's utterly outclassed by several opponents. She's ultimately loses to Miura, who is also a first time participant and as far as we know has no Ancient Belkan lineage. Justified since she took some damage from Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha StrikerS that caused her to be weaker, thus being less effective.
- Romantic Two-Girl Friendship: With Einhart, with quite a bit of friendly rivalry mixed in. The fact that Einhart has the memories of Claus Ingvalt, who was in love with the original Sankt Kaiser might have something to do with it.
- Round House Kick: Revolver Spike, a spell she learned from Nove.
- Senpai Kohai: In chapter 8 states that Einhart is more of a senpai rather than a friend at the moment, but calls her "Einhart-san" rather than "senpai".
- Shared Unusual Trait: She has red and green eyes because Sankt Kaiser Olivie, the person from whom she was cloned, also possesses those features.
- Ship Tease: With Einhart, similar to her mothers', Nanoha and Fate's, relationship before the latter two eventually got together for real.
- Shock and Awe: Can execute Spark Splash, an electrically charged punch. She is Fate's daughter too, after all.
- Shoryuken: Accel Smash, one of Vivio's Signature Moves is an uppercut. Her enhanced versions are Accel Smash W and Exceed Smash.
- There is also Phantom Smash, which isn't a punch, but an upper strike with a Sonic Shooter barret.
- Shotoclone: As you have read the tropes above, Vivio possess a Kamehame Hadouken spell (Divine Buster), a Shoryuken spell (Accel Smash) and a Round House Kick/Hurricane Kick spell (Revolver Spike). You can see it yourself. Her preference over the "Shoryuken" makes her a Ken Masters clone.
- Due to the game mechanics of The Gears of Destiny, Vivio is not a traditional shotoclone there. Divine Buster is her grab move, Accel Smash is her high long range move (it's the same as Nanoha's Divine Buster or Fate's Haken Saber), and Revolver Spike is her block move.
- Shout-Out Theme Naming: The name of her Accel Smash is a reference to Raising Heart Exelion's Axel Mode. This is supported by the name of her Exceed Smash, which is a reference to Raising Heart Exelion's Exceed Mode.
- Signature Move: Aside from Divine Buster, Vivio's aforementioned Accel Smash is her signature move. It also has an enhanced version when Vivio is in her Sankt Kaiser Form: Accel Smash W.
- Spirited Competitor: Vivio loves practicing Strike Arts and, like her Nanoha-mama, greatly enjoys magical combat in general.
- Stepford Smiler: A trait inherited from Olivie, her ancestor.
- Super Mode: Her Sankt Kaiser Form eventually returns.◊
- Super Reflexes: Gains this when she's using Sacred Heart, letting her react, dodge, and deflect attacks that move too fast for her to see.
- Token Non-Human: Vivio is the only Artificial Mage among her teammates and the thirteen major participants (if not, all). And the only non-human who has a significant amount of screentime other than Vivio is cyborg Nove; everyone else is a minor character, including Fate.
- Took a Level in Badass: From the crybaby in StrikerS to Badass Adorable in ViVid.
- Transformation Sequence: Her transformation sequence in the anime has a lot of stereotypical Magical Girl sound effects. It also has Nanoha's Feather Motif and Fate's yellow sparks.
- Training from Hell: She undergoes personal training from Nanoha herself, which involves dodging or defending against Nanoha's Beam Spam. This helps her regain her Sankt Kaiser Mode.
- Weak, but Skilled: Due to her immense power drop in the end of StrikerS, Vivio might be weaker than her teammates in terms of power and strength, but she is still a very skilled fighter, having better Curb-Stomp Battle results than Rio and Corona during the preliminary and rivaling Einhart is terms of actual combat.
- She later exploits this in order to create the Dangerous Forbidden Technique detailed above.
- What Beautiful Eyes!: Even though Einhart initially thinks Vivio looks weak, her eyes are "burned into her memory".
Einhart Stratos a.k.a Heidi E.S. Ingvalt a.k.a Hegemon Ingvalt
Voiced by: Mamiko Noto
Voiced by: Kana Asumi (Asteion)
Tropes related to Einhart:
- Academic Athlete: Chapter 64 reveals that her grades in every subject is A.
- The Ace: Seems to be this in Team Nakajima, being more experienced than the others and possessing great skills. It helps that she curb-stomps her tournament opponents better than her teammates do. However, Vivio is very close to reach her.
- Affectionate Nickname: Einhart gets the nickname "Har-nyan" by Sieglinde. Come ViVid Strike!, and Einhart seems to have embraced it fully.
- Angst: She doesn't show it, but she hates "herself" for being unable to protect Olivie in the past.
- Badass Adorable: She's a lot more emotionally vulnerable than you'd think from watching her kick ass left, right and center.
- Bad Dreams: She is tormented by their constant occurrence.
- Be Yourself: Slowly, she has been asserting independence in her own life from the shadow of Hegemon Ingvalt. One punch at a time.
- Big Damn Heroes: Together with Vivio she executes one for Lutecia during the battle against Fabia Crozelg.
- Blow You Away: Some of her magic appears to be wind-based.
- Breaking the Bonds: Her spell Unchain Knuckle allows her to break any bind and shield.
- The Cameo: Appears in chapter 17 of Force when Lily asks who Vivio is.
- Catch and Return: Haōryū - Senshō Hanote , which lets her catch multiple energy shots with her hands without dissipating them, letting her throw them back to their owner. And then she returned Nanoha's Exelion Buster by punching it back at her. And then she caught a freaking Rocket Punch and threw it back to Corona's Golem.
- Chekhov's Skill: The water cutting trick she learns turns out to be the basis of the Nakajima family's Unchain Knuckle technique, which she figured out how to do on her own in the middle of a fight.
- Cool Mask: While brawling in the streets, wears a visor until Nove asks her to remove it. See also One-Way Visor below.
- Crippling Overspecialization: Ironically, Einhart is the least versatile member of Team Nakajima as she only has Kaiser Arts and has problems adding new techniques to her skillset. This presented a problem during her match with Sieg, as she is unable to respond to Sieg's well-rounded offense, leading to a Curb-Stomp Battle. She also gets curb-stomped by Vivio, after Vivio masters Sacred Defender and proves capable of nullifying Einhart's attacks.
- Cry Cute: She cried in a flashback in chapter 6 when she told Nove about Claus' regret about not being able to save Olivie. And later in the beginning of chater 7, when she awakes from one of her nightmares.
- Curb-Stomp Battle: Her first battle against Vivio. In the tournament, she won three of her wins with a single blow in the first round. Subverts this with her match with Corona, as everyone thought she'll simply run roughshod over her team mate, only to have Corona give her a run for her money. Then, she fights former tournament champion Sieglinde Jeremiah and gets curb-stomped. In her second rematch against Vivio, Einhart gets curb-stomp by her, almost as hopelessly as her fight against Sieglinde.
- Cute Kitten: Her Hybrid-Intelligent Device Asteion is a leopard kitten.
- Dead Guy Junior: She gives her Device the same name that Olivie was going to give to a baby leopard that became still-born.
- Defeat Means Friendship: An unusual inversion in that she wins the decisive fight against Vivio but still decides she wants to be friends with her.
- Determinator: Einhart will not go down without a fight, evidenced during her fight with Sieg and later with Sankt Kaiser Vivio.
- Evil Overlord: Subverted. She is first introduced as the self-proclaimed Haō, which can be translated as "Hegemon", "Supreme King" or "Overlord", who assaulted martial arts masters. Then it turns out that she is the descendent of the true Haō, and Einhart just wanted to prove her skills.
- Expository Hairstyle Change: The first time she uses Asteion to transform, he adjusts her Adult Mode's hairstyle to match her normal one.
- Expy: To Fate. Though, it's downplayed. A part of Einhart's role is having a Romantic Two-Girl Friendship with Vivio, like Fate to Nanoha. That is the reason why many promotion art show Einhart together with Fate, despite they have little to do with each other.
- Failure Knight: Having the memory of Claus Ingvalt, she dreams his memory of having lost Saint Olivie every night. Hence her goal of becoming the strongest fighter in existence, so that nothing she loves will ever be taken away. She demands this from everyone, including Vivio... who is as close as possible to being present-day Olivie.
- Famous Ancestor: She's the direct descendant of Claus Ingvalt, Hegemon of Shutra.
- Fashionable Asymmetry: Besides the heterochromia, she has a rather uneven lock of hair going across her face.
- Fingerless Gloves: Part of her Knight Armor.
- Finishing Move: Her Haō Dankū Kennote can be considered as this, as she has defeated Nove (who planned her "loss"), Vivio and Corona with it. It's also her Full Drive Burst in The Gears of Destiny.
- Fusion Dance: With Asteion.
- Genetic Memory: As the descendant of Claus Ingvalt, she has inherited his memories. This is treated as extremely unhealthy for her pysche.
- Girlish Pigtails: A major difference to her male ancestor Claus, who looked like her when he was younger.
- Good Thing You Can Heal: While they were only simulated injuries, in her fight with Sieglinde, Einhart gets broken bones and dislocated joints in every one of her limbs several times over, thanks to her Healing Factor.
- Healing Factor: Since Einhart is already plenty powerful on her own, her Device, Asteion, was designed to give her damage mitigation and restoration capabilities instead of assisting in her offense.
- Identical Granddaughter: She looks very similar to her ancestor Claus when he was younger.
- I Have the High Ground: Does this before her fight with Nove.
- I Just Want to Be Badass: Einhart's exact goal isn't very clear, even to her. Aside from her wish to prove the superiority of the Kaiser Arts, she also wants to be strong enough to protect her loved ones from anything. This was also Claus Ingvalt's dream, which he could not realise in his lifetime, so she sees it as her duty to carry on his legacy.
- In-Series Nickname: Asteion is mostly called "Tio/Teo".
- Instant Expert: Due to inheriting Claus' memories via Genetic Memory, Einhart also inherited all of Claus' techniques and mastery of Kaiser Arts. In fact, the only new skill she learns is Unchain Knuckle. However, her instant mastery of Kaiser Arts adds little to her overall skill as a fighter, as she herself is inexperienced in actual combat.
- It's Personal: Her match against Sieglinde, the descendant of Wilfried Jeremiah who made Olivie strong. Einhart becomes so enraged, she fights with a Hot-Blooded attitude.
- Kung-Fu Kid: She is trained in Kaiser Arts.
- The Lancer: To Vivio in Team Nakajima.
- Let's You and Him Fight: Fights fellow team mate Corona during the Inter middle tournament as they were in the same participant group.
- Lightning Bruiser: Hits hard, hits fast, and won't go down easily.
- Limit Break: Haō Dankū Ken in The Gears of Destiny, which deals 45% basic damage, that is average.
- Luminescent Blush: Gets this sometimes when embarrassed.
- Made of Iron: And how. She can take a lot of damage and still gets up. It also helps that Asteion enhances her defense and heals her. This is heavily pronounced during her fights against Sieglinde and Sankt Kaiser Vivio, both being way stronger than her and hurt her really bad, yet Einhart still stands up and resumes the fight until she loses.
- Megaton Punch: Her Haō Dankū Kennote can be used as this, but she can also use this as a karate chop or as a palm strike. Even these variants are very powerful.
- The Mentor: To Fuka in ViVid Strike!
- Minor Living Alone: It's mentioned in ViVid Strike! that she lives by herself.
- My Kung-Fu Is Stronger Than Yours: Einhart's main motivation is proving that her Haōryū Kaiser Arts is the strongest.
- Mystical White Hair: Her silver hair is evidence that she's a descendant of an Ancient Belkan king.
- Naïve Newcomer: The straightest example in ViVid, since she's unfamiliar with the pre-ViVid cast and she learns about things that the readers don't know. For example, she didn't hear of the Inter-Middle Championship, but her teammates did.
- Not So Stoic: She tries to keep cool and level-headed, but when she started to get her ass handed to her by Seiglinde, Einhart quickly started to flip out and turn into a reckless berserker.
- Of Corsets Sexy: Apparently part of the St. Hilde middle-school girls' uniform.
- Older Alter Ego: Like Vivio, she has an Adult Mode.
- One-Way Visor: In the initial chapters, she wore a visor which looks very similar to those of the Mariage, Ixpellia's Night of the Living Mooks from the Ancient Belkan Era.
- Overly Long Name: Heidi E.S. Ingvalt or better Heidi Einhart Stratos Ingvalt.
- Heidi E.S. Ingvalt is more or less the official designation of her Adult Mode.
- She really introduces herself as Heidi Einhart Stratos Ingvalt to Ixpellia in chapter 63.
- Parental Abandonment: Einhart's parents have not been seen, and in Chapter 9 she mentions she has "always been on her own", suggesting she is Conveniently an Orphan.
- Rage Against the Reflection: Downplayed. In chapter 7, after she gets a nightmare about Hegemon's inadequacies, she gently touches a mirror, no doubt dismayed about "her" lack of strength. The only bitter consolation is that, by all means, she's more powerful than the present incarnation of Olivie.
- Rapunzel Hair: Both as a child and her Adult Mode.
- Recurring Element: She's ViVid's "girl with sad eyes".
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: The blue oni to Vivio's red.
- Rei Ayanami Expy: Light hair, odd-colored eyes, pale skin, mystical ancestry, stoic and distant demeanor, eventually warms up and becomes very close to the main character.
- The Remnant: Subverted. Nove assumes her reasons for wanting to fight Vivio and Ixpellia was because to her the wars of Ancient Belka never ended, but Einhart denies this saying she only wants to prove the superiority of her Kaiser Arts.
- The Rival: She seems to consider both Vivio and Ixpellia as such. At the beginning of the season.
- Romantic Two-Girl Friendship: With Vivio, not unlike how Fate and Nanoha were at their age. The lack of a major story arc in Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha ViVid also helps focus more on their relationship.
- Royal Blood: Even though the kingdom in question is no more. Einhart is a direct descendant of Ingvalt himself, as evidenced by her inheriting his silvery-green hair, heterochromia and even memories. She also uses the title of an ancient Belkan ruler.
- Serious Business: Einhart is a liiittle too tense when it comes to martial arts.
- Shared Unusual Trait: Her left eye is blue, her right eye is purple. Must be a common trait among Belkan royal families.
- Ship Tease: With Vivio, with their relationship mirroring Nanoha and Fate's from the previous seasons.
- Shrinking Violet: She's extremely shy in non-fighting situations, not helped by the fact that she's normally the newbie in groups that have known each other for years. When she is fighting however, she's a lot more open, as seen when she ask Nanoha for a one on one match during the Vacation Arc.
- Sliding Scale of Free Will vs. Fate: Did she learn fighting and becoming friends with Vivio because it was her choice, or is it force on her due to her ancestor causing Genetic Memory on his descendants and because it's the only way to stop having the same nightmare every night?
- Spell My Name with an "S": Einhart's name is spelled as "Einhard" in The Gears of Destiny. Which one is the correct spelling is unknown. Also, sometimes, fans spell her name as "Einhalt"note or even "Einfalt"note , both of them being actual German words rather than names. And the trading card game spells her name as "Einhald", but considering that the game uses multiple variations of Alisa's name, it's not a very reliable source.
- In Asteion's case, many fans spell his name as "Asteon" or "Astion".
- Spirited Competitor: She went around picking fights with the best martial artists she could find in the hope of finding a Worthy Opponent. She also walked out disappointed during her first match with Vivio, because she wasn't giving it her all.
- Sugar and Ice Personality: Usually distant and polite, even when pounding someone into paste, she tries very hard to be The Stoic but she does get easily flustered and blushes at times.
- Super Toughness: Her offensive defense spell, Kōtai no Kata "Gazan"note , turns her body as hard as steel, and the power of any physical attack will become damage to the attacker.
- Through Her Stomach: In the side story "Magical Cooking", Einhart assumes Vivio is great at cooking, since she Has Two Mommies and all, and that her food "fills everyone who eats it with happiness". She then asks if Vivio could make some cookies for her, while looking quite embarrassed. Vivio on the other hand greatly exaggerates her skills in an effort to impress Einhart. The whole plot plays out like in your typical romantic comedy.
- To Be a Master: What she wants to prove with her Kaiser Arts.
- Tomboyish Name: "Einhart" is pretty much the manliest name a girl ever can get.
- Took a Level in Cheerfulness: Part of her character development is mellowing out of her tough shell. For most part of the series, she never smiled, even in artworks, but she starts smiling since chapter 61. She's a lot more cheerful in ViVid Strike!.
- Training from Hell: Vivio wonders what kind of training Einhart went through, and a scene in chapter 7 shows an almost impossibly heavy barbell on a rack.
- Vehicular Theme Naming: After the Lancia Stratos HF.
- Waif-Fu: Her Adult Mode is extremely slender. Nevertheless, she can punch someone across the room and even gives Nanoha a run for the money in close combat. She rarely uses magic and didn't even have a Device until chapter 19.
- When She Smiles: She finally does so in chapter 61... and it is gorgeous.
- Since then, she starts to smile more often.
- The Worf Effect: Her defeat at the hands of Sieglinde was there to show the latter's talents weren't an Informed Ability. Also justified in that her opponent won the Inter-Middle Championship two times and was far more experience than she is.
- Zettai Ryouiki: Grade A in her Adult Mode.
Voiced by: Eri Kitamura
Voiced by: Jamie Schyy (Solfège)
Debuted in chapter 1. One of Vivio's school friends, whom she met around the end of third grade. Unlike Vivio and Corona, she's not a fan of books. However, she's a talented martial artist, creating her own style based on her family's techniques and various spells she formulated on her own. Unlike most elemental magic-users, she's capable of using two elements at once - fire and electricity. Rio uses Modern Belkan magic and her Intelligent Device is Solfège, which she had before the start of the series. Her battle style Shunkou-kennote includes hand-to-hand combat, armed combat and bombardment magic, but she is also trained in Strike Arts. Her skill is called Enrai Henkan, her Dual Magic Conversion Affinity. In ViVid, she's 10 years old like Vivio.
Tropes related to Rio:
- Animal Motif: Both, tiger and dragon.
- Badass Adorable: Her fighting style makes her definitive this.
- Beam-O-War: With Harry.
- The Big Girl: Rio possesses superhuman strength and has the greatest magical strength among her teammates.
- Chekhov's Gun: She tells Micaiah about her family and the place where she trains, which later becomes the setting of the latest arc.
- Chinese Girl: Her Device's standby mode and her Barrier Jacket have distinctly Chinese elements.
- Clothing Damage: She gets the worst of them among her teammates during the tournament, and she's one of the characters who receives the worst damage.
- Cool Sword: Either her Device, Solfège, is able to transform into a sword or it can just equip Rio with a sword.
- Cute Bruiser: Can throw down with Corona's golem summons just fine, thank you. She's also the strongest member of Team Nakajima in terms of physical and magical strength.
- Cute Little Fangs: Shows at least one of them for most of the time.
- Elemental Powers: She mentioned during the training camp that she chose to use both fire magic and lightning magic. Using different elemental magic simultaneously is apparently not a common mage skill, evidenced by Teana, Subaru, and Sein's surprise upon learning this.
- Elemental Punch: Some of her spells.
- Expy: Initially to Alisa, whith both having an energetic nature. However, Rio's grades are lower than her friends, but is very good in sports and has purple hair, which makes her a bit of an expy of Suzuka.
- Fingerless Gloves: Part of her Barrier Jacket.
- Genki Girl: Arguably "genkier" than Vivio.
- Glass Cannon: Rio has incredible brute and magical strength and deals a lot of damage. However, judging from her battles, she receives a lot of damage.
- Gratuitous French: The name of her Device is French for a type of music technique.
- Hair Antennae: Could reflect her dual Magic Conversion Affinity.
- In-Series Nickname: She calls Solfège "Sol".
- Kung-Fu Kid Wizard: Her battle style combines both hand-to-hand combat with bombardment magic, which she uses together with Strike Arts.
- Older Alter Ego: Has her own Adult Mode.
- Pink Means Feminine: Her Barrier Jacket is a pink qipao.
- Power Makes Your Hair Grow: Her Adult Mode.
- Rapunzel Hair: Her hair grows to this size in her Adult Mode.
- The Red Mage: Rio has both fire and lightning affinity, despite a mage has usually only one affinity.
- Red Oni: To Corona's Blue.
- Shaping Your Attacks: Sōryū Enbunote , a shooting spell that allows Rio to create a Flame Dragon ("Enryū") and a Lightning Dragon ("Rairyū").
- Shout-Out: Her Enryu and Rairyu spells are obvious references to the same-named robots of GaoGaiGar fame, and using them together gives her an attack that looks virtually identical to GekiRyuJin's Xiang Tou Long attack.
- Super Strength: Is able to tear a large part of the ring they were fighting on and carry it over her head, which is even considered as one of her (named) techniquesnote . Vivio mentions that she's the physically strongest member of Team Nakajima.
- Super-Strong Child: As first demonstrated when she tosses around Corona's Golem.
- Vehicular Theme Naming: After the Clipper Rio.
- Zettai Ryouiki: In her Adult Mode.
Voiced by: Misato Fukuen
Voiced by: Kaoru Edo (Brunzel)
Debuted in chapter 1. Vivio's school friend since first grade. Unlike Vivio and Rio, she isn't very good at either magical or unarmed combat. However, there is one thing she excels at - Doll Control. After Vivio praised her skills, she trained this talent of hers until she could create a giant golem named Goliath from out of the ground and deftly manipulate it like her own body. Corona uses Mid-Childan magic and her Intelligent Device is Brunzel, which she received from Lutecia during the training camp. Besides Strike Arts, her battle style is Golem Creation and later Meist Arts, and her skills are Golem Manipulation and Nephilim Fist. In ViVid, she's ten years old like Vivio.
Tropes related to Corona:
- Awesomeness by Analysis: It is implied that nobody taught Corona the techniques she copied with her Nephilim Fist. Corona also stated she discovered the Nephilim Fist by applying the things she learned under Nove with her Golem Creation.
- Back-to-Back Badasses: With Victoria when they are facing Fabia's trident devils. They are also the only duo who are not defeated by her.
- Badass Adorable: Even before she Took a Level in Badass, she proved how strong her magic is by taking down Rio and Lutecia with a single attack.
- Because You Were Nice to Me: She became friends with Vivio when she was new to the academy, and developed her signature magic because Vivio thought it was cool.
- Blue Oni: To Rio's Red.
- Brains and Brawn: Her fighting style. Corona uses her brain and controls her strong golem, Goliath.
- The Chick: Initially at the start of the series, but she since she Took a Level in Badass, she's the straight smart girl.
- Curb-Stomp Battle: Many thought Einhart would just run roughshod over her in their match with Corona pulling one or two good moves. It was to their surprise that Corona not only lasted the longest, but also came the closest to winning.
- Dark Is Not Evil: The upper part of her Barrier Jacket as well as her gloves and shoes are black/dark blue.
- Determined Defeatist: Decides to finish her match, knowing that she would lose in order to gain Einhart's respect.
- Dishing Out Dirt: Manipulates stone and debris to use as projectiles, binds, and also as basis for Goliath.
- Elemental Punch: She can equip herself with a Goliath's huge hand to crush her opponents.
- Everything Is Better With Spinning: Goliath is able to rotate his upper body. Also, his Rocket Punch rotates.
- Expy: Initially to Suzuka. While they have similar personalities, Corona's excellent grades makes her a bit of an expy of Alisa.
- Fingerless Gloves: Part of her Barrier Jacket.
- Flight: She's the first participant after Lutecia who is shown to possess this ability. Though, her flight capabilities are not that high, but not limited.
- Funbag Airbag: How she came across Harry's gang of Delinquents..
- Girlish Pigtails: Her default hair style.
- I Just Want to Have Friends: Initially, she started practicing Strike Arts because she wanted to become closer to Vivio and thought about quitting Strike Arts training several times because she was not suited for it, both physically and magical-wise. The only thing that kept her going was the fear of not being friends with Vivio anymore if she did. Over time, she came to like and enjoy Strike Arts as much as Vivio does.
- Improvised Golems: Goliath.
- Invocation: Corona is one of the few mages shownnote who actually invoke magic spells even with an intelligent device. More specifically, she invokes the spell to summon Goliath. Her magic invocation is also one of her weaknesses as a fighter as enemies will do whatever it takes to prevent her from completing her magic. She did learn how to successfully complete her summoning spell even while being attacked through training.In the name of the creator Corona and the magical device Brunzel... strike and smash, Goliath!!
- Knife Nut: Her Device, Brunzel, takes the form of a dagger. Strangely, she uses it in the same way as a wand and not as a bladed weapon.
- Lady of War: The most level-headed member of Team Nakajima, as shown during their debut, as Nove notes that she was the only one who kept her nerves in check. Victoria, even wonders if she's from a distinguished family due to her demeanor. The war part is proven in the Inter-Middle Championship.
- Let's You and Him Fight: Fights fellow team mate Einhart during the Inter middle tournament as they were in the same participant group.
- Marionette Master: Her specialty, as shown in the flashbacks.
- During the school festival, she animates dozens of plushes to greet and entertain guests.
- Older Alter Ego: She has an Adult Mode in ViVid Strike!
- People Puppets: The true nature of her Nephilim Fist, as explained by Einhart, is complete outside body control that allows the user to move his body even after injuries like broken bones and torn limbs. The downside is that it requires large amounts of mana and puts excessive strain on the user's body. The Saint Kaiser also uses a variant of this technique to control her arms.
- Power Copying: The Nephilim Fist, allows her to perform attacks as a response to certain triggers with almost zero reaction time. The attacks she performs need to be programmed beforehand, so she used the techniques of her team mates.
- Power Fist: A downplayed example, but Brunzel has a Wristlet Form and tranforms into a bracelet around Corona's left wrist.
- Power Gives You Wings: Brunzel gets wings when Corona's flies. Or rather Corona can fly because of the wings.
- Rapunzel Hair: Her Girlish Pigtails reach her thighs.
- Remember the New Guy: An inverted example. Since she's befriended with Vivio much longer than Rio and Einhart, Corona had met many other characters from the previous seasons before the storyline of ViVid began and knows them. Those include Lutecia's family, the Forwards, Arf, Chrono, Amy, Yuuno, the Saint Church sisters, etc.
- Reverse Shrapnel: Her spell, Comet Blast, is essentially pointed rocks that she guides to her opponent.
- Rocket Punch: Her golem can pull these off.
- Shout-Out: Goliath is a Shout-Out to super robots in general, and its attacks are a direct Shout-Out to Mazinger Z.
- The Smart Girl: According to Nove, Corona's is the most intelligent and most creative team member in combat. Shown when she gets perfect marks on their tests.
- Summon Magic: A new variety for the series. She appears to animate stone and debris to form Improvised Golems she controls. Now complete with Rocket Punch!
- Super Strength: When Corona uses Nephilim Fist, her attack gains the power of Goliath's movements.
- Super Toughness: Corona's Golem, Goliath. In fact, up until her match with Einhart, no opponent has been able to deal damage to her after she successfully summons Goliath.
- Squishy Wizard: By her own admission, she states she is not good at close combat. Even though Goliath provides her with a literally rock hard defense and superb offense, she cannot take a lot of hits when she's on her own.
- This Is a Drill: Goliath's hand can be used as one. It's also a basic of the Rocket Punch.
- Took a Level in Badass: Before, she admits that the only thing she's good at is her signature Summon Magic. The results of her training allow her to go head to head with Einhart in unarmed combat.
- Vehicular Theme Naming: After the Toyota Corona.
- Worthy Opponent: Prior to their match in Chapter 26, her opponent's trainer states that they're taking their warmup a bit too seriously, apparently believing Corona's defeat to be assured. They respond by stating that Corona's a fierce opponent who they cannot afford to take lightly, and whom they'll have to go at with everything they have from the start if they want to win. Doubles as a Heartwarming Moment as this is Einhart, arguably the strongest member of Team Nakajima, saying this about her, acknowledging her as a worthy teammate.
- You Are Better Than You Think You Are: At the end stages of her match, she started to lose heart and accept her defeat. It was Otto, who trained her for the match, told her that even if she does not possess anything special or unique, she is still a great mage and she can be as great as her teammates. This drove Corona to fight on.
- Zettai Ryouiki: Her school uniform has grade A.
Inter-Middle ParticipantsListed after their chronological appearances
Voiced by: Kanae Ito
Voiced by: Kaoru Edo (Star Saber)
Debuted in chapter 17. One of several introduced participants in the Inter-Middle Championship and arguably the fifth main character of ViVid. She's a first-timer like Vivio and is in the same preliminary group as her. One of Zafira's strongest pupils, she also received training from all the Wolkenritter, as reflected by the names of her attacks and the design of her Barrier Jacket, with wrist and hip protectors like Signum's. Miura uses Mid-Childan magic, her battle style is the Yagami-ke Ryu Strike Arts note , her skill is called Bakkennote , her Device is Star Saber. In ViVid, she's 12 years old like Einhart.As of ViVid Strike! she has joined Team Nakajima and is 5th in the U-15 world rankings.
Tropes related to Miura:
- The Ace:
- According to the Yagami family, Miura is the only one of Zafira's pupils who can compete with Team Nakajima.
- She is currently one of the best two participants among the eight major newcomers, along with Lutecia. Also, she's one of the five major participants who is still in the tournament.
- The Apprentice: To Zafira. Her backstory shows that she grew from a weak and shy girl to a very strong fighter and earned the other Wolkenritter as her other mentors. She gets her first competetive combat experience in the Inter-Middle Championship, where she has a humble start, but grows from her fights.
- Armed Legs: Her leg guards open up when using her Bakken techniques and generate magical blades on her legs that deal devastating kicks/slashes to the opponent.
- Arson, Murder, and Jaywalking: In her introduction, she thanks the Wolkenritter in turn for training her... and then Hayate and Rein for making her sweets.
- Badass Adorable: Is the only on of the children to go up against a DSAA veteran and win and defeated Vivio. In addition, she isn't shown to have any ancestral connections to give her an edge in contrast to Sieglinde, Victoria, and Einhart.
- Bokukko: She uses the personal pronoun "boku" for unknown reasons.
- Book Dumb: Chapter 64 reveals that her grades are not great and her scores range between 40 and 55 out of 100 points. Compared to other examples of this trope, it is not terrible, but it looks really bad compared to Einhart, who gets A for every subject.
- Cute Bruiser: She's a humble child, has her cute moments, but she's very strong.
- Cute Clumsy Girl: Outside the ring she's quite clumsy.
- Determinator: She was just a simple girl who wanted to change herself, and through hard work became a competent fighter.
- Does Not Know Her Own Strength: Snaps a training pole in half without meaning to. Right after it was fixed.
- Dojikko: Before she became a competent fighter, Signum notes that she always had some sort of accident or injury while training. It was her desire to improve herself, and her willingness to undergo any kind of training that her talent as a hard hitting Kick Chick slowly began to surface, eventually leading to her becoming the representative of the Yagami dojo in the DSAA tournament.
- Energy Absorption: Breaker magic works by absorbing the residual energy left by magical attacks in a battlefield and firing it in a massive beam. This makes it both deadly and cost-efficient since it doesn't completely rely on a mage's own power.
- Expy: Oddly enough, she resembles Nanoha despite representating Hayate. Both had an ordinary life (except that they live in completely different worlds), and they were very unhappy with their lives and they seemed to be depressed about not having any talents/reasons to live, until they encountered Strike Arts/magic. They are natural talents with a lot of potential, became quickly strong and they have a star theme, a similar magic color and Breaker magic. Both also defeated people who were stronger or more experienced than them, thanks to being Determinators. Ironically, Miura happens to be the one who defeat Nanoha's daughter in the tournament.
- Finishing Move:
- Her Bakken: Seiōhanote is a mana collection attack and thus should get more powerful the later it's used. It's a kick that breaks her opponent's weapon, tears her Barrier Jacket shreds, sends her flying out of the arena and does twice her base Hit Points in terms of damage, when she only had 10% left. The enhanced version is Bakken: Tenshō Seiōhanote . In essence, it's a melee Starlight Breaker.
- Another one is Tenka Kūga, a combo of three heavy punches followed by a Round House Kick. She uses this to defeat Erie Stout.
- Heroic Second Wind:
- Her first big fight doesn't start well. She would have been dead in the first few seconds if it was a real battle.
- Her battle against Erie Stout also counts as well. Miura gets beam-spammed all the time without even getting the opportunity to strike back. But when Erie is about to fire the final bullet, Miura quickly activates her Rocket Mode and defeats her opponent with a single combo.
- Hot-Blooded: She almost lost against Micaiah because of her reckless attack at the start of the match.
- Hypocritical Humor: Tells Fuka that it's important for children not to lift absurdly heavy weights... while lifting at least three times her own body weight.
- Informed Ability: It is mentioned that every one of the Wolkenritter have taught her some of their skills, but Miura has yet to display any of Shamal's skills.
- Kamehame Hadouken: Blazing Comet, a shooting spell. Miura cast a magical ball in her hand and kicks it like a soccer ball. It's presumably based of Vita's Kometfliegen.
- Kick Chick: While perfectly capable of punching people silly, her most powerful attacks are kicks.
- Kung-Fu Kid: She is trained in Strike Arts. Since she's trained by the Wolkenritter, most of her attacks are hand-to-hand combat versions of theirs.
- Lemony Narrator: The narrator of Mahou Kazoku Lyrical Wolken is either an older version of Miura or is just her Seiyuu. While she sounds like a typical child friendly narrator, she's a little bit confused why Zafira is able to talk, who also snaps at her; also, the narrator finds Hayate's food look delicious and the viewer can tell from the voice that she really wants to eat it.
- Lightning Bruiser: She's fast, won't get down so easily, and hits very hard. A major point of her victories, since her speed, strength and endurance allow her to defeat her major opponents, who are all either Glass Cannons, Fragile Speedsters or Squishy Wizards.
- Loved Ones Montage: Right before said Heroic Second Wind.
- Made of Iron: Even if she's close to lose the rest of her life points, she's able to do extremely strong Finishing Moves. A major difference to Vivio who fails to do her Finishing Move properly because of the damage she took.
- Megaton Punch: Her Hammerschlagnote , though, it's a downplayed example.
- Non-Indicative Name: Her Bakken ("Sword Draw") techniques do not include swords or rapidly taking out a weapon. She executes these techniques using her legs which have magical blades. Similarly, her device "Star Saber", while having a star shaped design, is not a sword.
- Older Alter Ego: She has an Adult Mode in ViVid Strike!
- One-Hit Kill: Actually it's a combo, but considering that Miura obliterates Erie's full amount of 18.000 LP with a single combo, it counts.
- The Rival/Friendly Rival: To Vivio.
- Rose-Haired Sweetie: Has reddish pink hair.
- Round House Kick: Her most powerful kicks are roundhouse kicks.
- Shout-Out: Star Saber is the name of the Autobot commander in Transformers Victory, as well as a number of characters and weapons in later installments of the Transformers franchise.
- Shrinking Violet: In her past, she told herself that:"I really am useless. I'm shy, can't say things properly and I screw up whatever I try to do."
- Fortunately, Miura gets better. She is still shy, but not to that extent and she doesn't fit the trope anymore.
- Sixth Ranger: Miura is neither a member of Team Nakajima nor she is an actual main character. However, she is often treated with the same status as the Wolkenritter and she's argubly the most major of the support characters among the ViVid cast. During the tournament, her friendship with Team Nakajima is much more prominent than Lutecia or Chantez's, and some chapters and many artworks treat her as a fifth main character or as the ViVid representative of Hayate similar like Vivio to Nanoha or Einhart to Fate. Miura is also the only one of those characters who are introduced for the Tournament Arc to get speaking roles in a Drama CD and the DVD Commentary for The Movie 2nd A's.
- According to the Japanese wikipedia, she is a main character.
- Star Power: Her Device Star Saber has star shape in its Standby Form and communicates from a star figure on Miura's Barrier Jacket. Like Nanoha, her Breaker magic allows her to gather mana from the atmosphere of the battlefield that resemble starlights.
- Super Speed: Similar to Graf Eisen's Raketenform, Star Saber has a Rocket Mode, which allows Miura to rush with a rocket-like propulsion at her opponent and delivering powerful blows, with the first hit having lots of power due to the high acceleration.
- Sword Beam: The shooting spell Bakken: Hiryū ("Sword-draw: Flying Dragon") is a kick variant of the traditional Sword Beam. It's presumely based of Signum's Hiryū Issen ("Flying Dragon Flash").
- There Is No Kill Like Overkill: Her final attack against Micaiah does 23,450 damage, which not only far exceeds the total life points of 12,000 in this match, but Micaiah had only 1100 life points left at that point!
- Took a Level in Badass: Was a shy girl who couldn't do anything right. Now trained in Strike Arts for years, she's one of the best Inter-Middle newcomers.
- Underdogs Never Lose: Played straight when she, after her Heroic Second Wind, defeated veteran Micaiah. Subverted when she won against Vivio in their match, as both of them were roughly in the same skill level. An interesting variation of the trope since she is a side character.
- Played straight again when Miura defeats Erie Stout, a Shooting-type mage and another Inter-Middle favorite during the semi-finals of the preliminaries.
- Unskilled, but Strong: Signum mentions Miura is not a skilled fighter, but has nontheless a talent for extremely powerful kicks. However, Miura also practices very hard which may mitigate her lack of natural finesse.
- Vehicular Theme Naming: Lamborghini Miura.
Voiced by: Kana Asumi
Debuted in chapter 17. A girl from the Saint Church who, like many of the Saint Church, calls Vivio "your majesty". She is a student of Sister Schach, but enrolls in the Inter-Middle Championship without her permission and with help from Sein. She has yet to learn much of the Church's etiquette. Unlike most knights, Chantez uses Mid-Childan magic, which makes her Armed Device Phantasma unique. Her style is Sōken Jūtsunote and her skill is called Agile/Super/Dreadful Speed. In ViVid, she's 14 years old like Lutecia.
Tropes related to Chantez:
- The Apprentice: To Sister Schach. Chantez has still to learn a lot and lacks discipline. Like her teacher, Chantez uses bladed Dual Tonfas and has an orange magic color. However, while Chantez is only a Fragile Speedster, Sister Schach is a Lightning Bruiser.
- Blatant Lies: She tells Vivio that her first attack will be to Vivio's right, then attacks from behind."Sister Chantez is a good, honest girl! So she won't tell lies... (thinks while appearing behind Vivio) most of the time."
- Break the Haughty: Chantez shows a massive ego even when fighting a Inter-Middle veteran, in this case it's Victoria. Not only does Chantez little damage to her, Victoria defeats her with just two attacks and the last one involves smashing Chantez's head on the floor. The next time we see her crying in a Troubled Fetal Position and wrapped in her bedcover.
- Combat Pragmatist: She has a dirty fighting style which involves lying and tricking her opponents. Chantez, on the other hand, describes it as the performance of a magician.
- Dark and Troubled Past: Implied, given what she looked like in the past when she tried to mug Schach.
- Diagonal Cut: Inflicts two on Vivio during her Twin Wheeled Sword Dance, in Vivio's imagining the outcome.
- Defeat Means Friendship: She joined the Saint Church after losing to Schach when she was younger, as shown in her flashback.
- Demoted to Extra: The only one of the thirteen major Inter-Middle participants who does not appear in the Infinity Library arc. That's weird, since Otto and Deed are there, too.
- Doppleganger Attack: Revealed as one of her powers in her fight against Victoria.
- Dual Tonfas: Her Device, Phantasma. They are bladed ones, just like her teacher's.
- Expy: Chantez has orange hair, orange magic color, is Weak, but Skilled, uses illusionary type of magic and is The Trickster. She's basically a cheerful Teana Lanster as a close-combat mage.
- Fiery Redhead: Actually orange, but her character fits.
- Fridge Logic: In-universe example - realizes that getting matched up with Vivio in the Inter-Middle Championship might be a bit weird given she's a sister-in-training of her church.
- Genki Girl: She's very energetic, is Hot-Blooded and overly happy all the time. Well, most of the time.
- Gratuitous Italian: Some of her spells.
- Hidden Depths: At first, it seemed that she only entered the DSAA tournament just for fun. It turns out that she wanted to win the tournament so she could inspire other girls to join the Saint Church.
- Hot-Blooded: Much to Schach's dismay.
- Invisibility: With Mirage Hide.
- Magic Knight: She is a Church Knight, but she is a practitioner of Mid-Childan magic, instead of Modern Belkan magic or Ancient Belkan magic.
- Mugging the Monster: Her first meeting with Sister Schach involved her trying to mug her. On the upside, she ends up being taken into the Church due to this meeting.
- Naughty Nuns: As Victoria put it, her Knight Clothing is quite a shameless getup.
- Nun Too Holy: Fights by using a lot of dirty tricks. Heck, she even tells a bold-faced lie to the clone of her Church's figure of worship to set up a surprise attack.
- Oh Crap!: After losing most of her life points and all of her doppelgängers by a single attack and being paralyzed, Chantez gets this reaction when Victoria grabs her head. And what does happen then? Victoria smashes it on the floor, causing damage that is more than 21 times highter than Chantez's rest of life points.
- Red Ones Go Faster: Her Knight Clothing is red and she's one of the fastest competitors in the tournament, rivaling even Sieglinde in speed, maybe being even faster than her.
- Small Name, Big Ego: She is confident to win the tournament, despite there are a lot of stronger participants. She learns it the hard way.
- Spell My Name with an "S": Her first name is often spelled as "Shante" and her surname is often spelled as "Apinion".
- Street Urchin: Was one before Schach took her in.
- Stripperific: And how!
- Super Speed: Fast enough that Vivio can't clearly see her attacks. Depending on the translation, it's even the name of her skill.
- The Trickster: As shown in her fight with Victoria, her style basically boils down to fooling her opponent with shadow clones, then attacking when they least expect it. Best exemplified by her pulling out her maximum number of clones, when she calls out Octodectette(18), and the real one's the 19th.
- Unwilling Suspension: Played for Laughs. After she spars with Vivio, Otto and Deed take her by surprise, bind her, and suspend her from a tree with ropes around her wrists.
- Underboobs: For a nun, she sure dresses rather provocatively.
- Vehicular Theme Naming: Mazda Chantez.
- Warrior Monk: In training.
- Weak, but Skilled: Has rather weak magical power, but she's a skilled user of illusionary magic.
- "Well Done, Student!" Girl: Her motivation for joining the DSAA Inter Middle championship is to be able to recruit mage candidates to the Saint Church, both to repay the kindness the people of the church showed her when she joined, and for her mentor, Sister Schach, to be proud of her.
Voiced by: Yumi Uchiyama
Debuted in chapter 17. Another of the note-worthy participants, and a very popular one, who achieved the fifth place in the City Tournament and is now participating for the fourth time. Leader of a Gang in a Mid-Childan Highschool and a 2nd year student. Holds a grudge against Victoria Dahlgrün for defeating her in the last tournament. Harry uses Mid-Childan magic, her battle style is self-made magic combat called Garyuu Madousen, her skill is called Kinsetsu Shahougekinote , and her Device is Red Hawk. In ViVid, she's 15 years old, being the youngest of the five major veterans.
Tropes related to Harry:
- Awesome, but Impractical: Harry's Eraser Burst is a spell that is comparable to Sieg's Geistqual in terms of power (both being Eraser class spells). However, Harry needs 5 minutes to charge before casting just one shot.
- Badass Longcoat: Part of her Barrier Jacket.
- Bare Your Midriff: Her Sailor Fuku, her sportswear and her Barrier Jacket.
- Boisterous Bruiser
- Breaking the Bonds: Shatters Els' Chain Bind with ridiculous ease. The chains and handcuffs from Els' Device Vanisher, on the other hand, required more creativity to escape.
- Chain Pain: Her Device, Red Hawk, is a chain that allows her to fight her opponents in middle-ranged and keep them from moving, even if she don't wrap them. Red Hawk has also an immense heat, so being wrapped by it is quite painful.
- Combat Pragmatist: She'll use any trick, so long as its within DSAA rules, to win.
- Curb-Stomp Battle: Her three loss in the previous tournaments. By Micaiah, Sieglinde and Victoria.
- Cuteness Proximity: Hilariously suffered from this when she visited Vivio's class and saw the flying rabbit plushies. The other characters, as stunned as the readers likely are at her behavior, decided against commenting on it.
- Delinquent: She and her group are an obvious Affectionate Parody of this.
- Determinator: Admits that this is a trait she and Rio share in the middle of their battle.
- Elemental Punch: A few of her spells. One of them is Black Hawk, a spell with greater power than her other Elemental Punches. Her Pile Bunker is also a punch, but also a shooting spell, being more like a Ki Attack.
- Everyone Calls Him "Barkeep": Almost everyone calls her "Banchou" ((Gang) "Leader", "Boss").
- Fiery Redhead: She has even the fitting Magic Conversion Affinity.
- Foil: To Victoria. Both are Mighty Glaciers in battle style who are veterans to the DSAA, Harry is a Fire-based Boisterous Bruiser who seems to come from a normal background who acts as she feels while Victoria is a Lighting-based Lady of War who is an Ojou that reserves her personality. Naturally, they don't see eye-to-eye.
- Fragile Flower: She's tougher than most other examples, but you still shouldn't mention who defeated her in the last tournaments.
- Gratuitous Japanese: In-Universe example - On the back of her Barrier Jacket. The four kanji characters (translates to "One-strike kill") are lampshaded by the tournament announcer that it's written in another world's language.
- Hard Head: Manages to injure Rio's fist by headbutting her incoming punch.
- Hot-Blooded: She's an excited fighter and has the fitting Magic Conversion Affinity.
- Joshikousei: She's even introduced with her Sailor Fuku.
- Ki Attack/Kamehame Hadouken: Harry knows shooting and bombardment spells. Unlike the other martial arts practitioners, she relies more on her bombardment spells than her Full-Contact Magic.
- Lightning/Fire Juxtaposition: The fire to Victoria's lightning. See also Foil above.
- Made of Iron: She focuses most of her magic in offense rather than defense, but she's able to take a lot of damage because she's a Determinator, that's the reason why she's not a Glass Cannon.
- No Shirt, Long Jacket: Her Barrier Jacket. She wears a Sarashi instead.
- Now That's Using Your Teeth: Beats Els by biting down on one of her chains and dragging her in for a knockout punch.
- Ocular Gushers: She's a bit... sensitive in regards to the aforementioned incident.
- Oh Crap!: During her match, she's confident that she can break Rio's binds easily after being caught... until she sees her opponent tearing a part of the arena and effortlessly lifting it over her head, intent on throwing it at her.
- One-Hit Kill: Harry's "Erupting Volcanic Blaze" attack. The attack dealt damage equal to more than 150% of Rio's starting Hitpoints! No wonder she wanted to keep it up her sleeve.
- Playing with Fire: Her Magic Conversion Affinity.
- Red Baron: Buster Head.
- The Rival: To Victoria Dahlgrün and Els Tasmin.
- Sailor Fuku: Her school has them despite it's on Mid-Childa.
- Sarashi: A part of her Barrier Jacket. Keeps her decent since she's not wearing anything else under that coat.
- Slobs Versus Snobs: The slob to Victoria's snob.
- Spell My Name with an "S": So is her name supposed to be Harii or Harry or Hallie or Halley or...
- Shout-Out: Her signature attack is called Gun Flame.
- There Is No Kill Like Overkill: Thought the Starlight Blade was bad? She saved her eruption attack for Rio when she was at mere thousand or so Hitpoints. The attack did over 22,000 damage. And unlike Miura's Bakken: Seiōhanote , it was implied she could have used that attack at any time.
- Tomboyish Ponytail: A ponytail devided into Girlish Pigtails.
- Use Your Head: With her limbs unable to block Rio's punch, she responds by headbutting it, and manages to injure it in the process.
- Variable-Length Chain: Her Device, Red Hawk, is the chain wrapped around her left hand.
- Vehicular Theme Naming: Subaru Tribeca.
- Vitriolic Best Buds: She and Victoria tend to snap at each other whenever they come within distance, but there doesn't seem to be too much malice with it. Then again, holding a grudge at all was practically unheard of in Nanoha before.
- Whip It Good: Can utilize said chain as a whip to inflict damage and bind.
- Worthy Opponent: Eventually sees Rio as this after their match.
- Would Hurt a Child: "If we're to meet in a match, I won't hold back and will take you guys down with all my strength, okay?"
Voiced by: Aya Endo
Debuted in chapter 17. Descendant of a third Belkan Emperor, the Thunder Emperornote Dahlgrün. She achieved the third place of the City Tournament and is now participating for the sixth time. She hopes to encounter Vivio and Einhart in the Inter-Middle Championship to prove she and thus, the Thunder Emperor is the strongest. She's also friends with the former tournament champion, Sieglinde Jeremiah, and hoped to get to fight her before she dropped out the previous year. Victoria uses apparently Ancient Belkan magic which is known as "Dahlgrün", her battle style is the Raitei Shikinote , her skill is called Jinrainote , and her Device is Blaue Trombe, apparently an Armed Device. In ViVid, she's 17 years old, being the second oldest major participant.
Tropes related to Victoria:
- An Axe to Grind/Blade on a Stick: Her Device, Blaue Trombe, is a poleaxe that has a hidden Laser Blade.
- Back-to-Back Badasses: With Corona when they are facing Fabia's trident devils. They are also the only duo who are not defeated by her.
- Badass: The highest she has gotten in DSAA rankings was third in the City Tournament, so she isn't to be scoffed at.
- Battle Ball Gown: Her Knight Armor.
- The Berserker: While she battles like a Lady of War at the start of a match, frustrate her enough and she will show the ferocity of the Thunder Emperor.
- Bifurcated Weapon: She could split her Blaue Trombe into a Laser Blade and a one-handed axe.
- Breaking the Bonds: Shatters Els' Chain Bind with ridiculous ease.
- Crouching Moron, Hidden Badass: Sort of, at first one can think she's just a boastful Ojou making prideful claims about being one of the strongest contestants of the tournament destined to fight Vivio and Einhart, once she puts on her armor and her fight starts, we can see how true her words are after we witnessed the Thunder Emperor crushing Chantez in her first onpage fight.
- Curb-Stomp Battle: Soundly defeats Chantez during their fight after deciding she's had enough of her tricks. In fact, she replicates the effect of a literal stomping pretty well by smashing her face into the arena's stone floor. One of her previous battles also shown her winning without a single loss of Hit Points, implying this is her usual style.
- As seen in a short flashback, Victoria got some bruises by Harry last year, but Harry mentions that Victoria was clearly having the upper hand and dominated their match, that's why Harry doesn't want to repeat her fiasco.
- Dramatic Thunder: Used during her introduction, when she declares that she, the descendant of the Thunder Emporer, is superior than other descendants of the other kings.
- The Dreaded: Implied to be a minor one to Harry whenever the latter is reminded about their loss to Victoria.
- Establishing Character Moment: Her introductory scene shows her as an Ojou in a dress sitting at a table with cakes while her butler serves tea, but she's training with a dumbbell and the room is full of training apparati. Then she stands up and makes a boast about being the descendant of the mighty Thunder Emperor and a Dramatic Thunder falls in the background... but she also admits that she has only a tiny bit of the Thunder Emperor's blood.
- Every Proper Lady Should Curtsy: To Hayate in chapter 47.
- Foil: See Harry's entry.
- Genius Bruiser: It didn't take her long to predict Chantez's trickery, thus showing excellent analytical skills. She's also fluent in Ancient Belkan.
- Hidden Weapons: The lower half of Blaue Trombe hides a Laser Blade in its shaft.
- HP to 1: Her "Jinrai/Divine Lightning" dropped Chantez from 15,000 HP to 150 instantaneously. It also left her completely paralyzed and unable to avoid the "Helmet Crusher" follow-up, resulting in a brutal 2-hit KO.
- In-Series Nickname: Victor.
- In the Blood: Sister Sein expresses surprise at Victoria's composure since descendants of the Thunder Emperor should not be that refined. Turns out, she's right.
- Lady of War: Until her patience becomes thin.
- Lightning/Fire Juxtaposition: The lightning to Harry's fire. Also see Foil above.
- Lonely Rich Kid: Only lives with her butler Edgar, though she does have friends in her fellow rivals.
- Meaningful Name: "Victoria" is Latin for "victory". Her nickname "Victor" is Latin for "winner".
- Mighty Glacier: Probably the first prominent one since the start of the franchise, which is Vita's specialty. During her fight with Chantez she displayed a preference for outstanding attack power over speed. Demonstrated during her fight with Chantez, when she takes down the crafty Saint Church nun with two powerful attacks.
- Ojou: She is a descendent of an Ancient Belkan ruler, no less. She even lives in a Big Fancy House and has a butler named Edgar.
- One Woman Army: Some of her techniques are meant to be used against armies. And she uses them in one-on-one battles.
- Justified during her duel with Chantez, due to her use of dopplegangers making it an 18-on-1 battle near the end.
- Only Friend: It's heavily implied she is this to Sieglinde due how closer she is to Victoria than the others.
- Power Dyes Your Hair: The anime reveals her hair glows light blue whenever she goes all out.
- Power Makes Your Hair Grow: Apparently. Pictured above, her hair just reaches her waist in her civilian form. However, during her battle against Chantez, her hair is noticeably longer.
- Proper Tights with a Skirt: Part of her Knight Armor.
- Red Baron: "Thunder Emperor"
- The Rival: To Harry Tribeca. In chapter 22 they had to be restrained, so as not to start an unofficial fight during the tournament preliminaries.
- Shock and Awe: Her Magic Conversion Affinity.
- Slobs Versus Snobs: The snob to Harry/Hallie's slob.
- Spell My Name with an "S": Because most fans (and fan translators) don't have an Ü on their keyboard, they spell her name as "Dahlgrun", "Dahlgryn" or "Dahlgryun" which are incorrect. "Dahlgruen" (Ü=Ue) is the correct equivalent to Dahlgrün.
- Spin Attack: Form Ninety One: Army Destroying Obliteration.
- Spoiled Sweet: Despite initially looking like a stereotypical stuck-up Ojou, she's friendly and often tries to reach out to the introverted Sieglinde, and often worries about her welfare.
- There Is No Kill Like Overkill: After her HP to 1 attack mentioned earlier put her opponent at a mere 150, a light tap with her halberd would have finished it. The move she opts for instead not only deals 3200 damage her opponent (over twenty-one times the amount needed), but smashes them halfway through the ring and leaves a massive crater. One does not anger the Thunder Emperor and get let off lightly for it.
- Vehicular Theme Naming: After Dahlgren Alwex Volvo Ko-HZ, and the Ford Crown Victoria.
- Vitriolic Best Buds: She and Harry tend to snap at each other whenever they come within distance, but there doesn't seem to be too much malice with it.
- Workout Fanservice: Chapter 21 opens with the normally modestly dress Victoria working out in a sports bra and short shorts ensemble.
- Yellow Lightning, Blue Lightning: She uses blue lightning. Ironically, the Dramatic Thunder during her introduction is yellow (FULL COLORS manga only).
- Zettai Ryouiki: As seen in Harry's flashback, Victoria had grade A stockings as a part of her Knight Armor a year ago, but now has Proper Tights with a Skirt.
Voiced by: Mari Nakatsu
Debuted in chapter 17. Former champion of the Inter-Middle Championship. She dropped out in the middle of the last one for unknown reasons. Even so, she is still regarded as the best teenage fighter in the world currently. Despite her shy and timid personality, she is quite popular among the veteran combatants. Now she's participating for the fourth time. Like Vivio, Einhart and Victoria, Sieglinde is a descendent from the Ancient Belkan Era. She's best known among all the fighters as one who has never lost a match. Sieglinde's magic is Jeremiah Klatsch, probably the martial arts under the Ancient Belkan "Black Jeremiah" style, her battle style is Soukou Madou Senginote , her skill is called Tetsuwannote and her Device is called Strong Arm. In ViVid, she's 16 years old.
Tropes related to Sieglinde:
- Absurdly Sharp Claws: Geistnagelnote . She uses it while wearing Strong Arm, but since she can use Geistqual without her Device, it might be possible she can use this spell without Strong Arm.
- The Ace: Obviously. She's the former Inter-Middle champion, who not only won the City Tournament, but also the World Tournament and Inter-Dimensional Tournament. All other veterans never won the City Tournament (for obvious reasons).
- Adorkable: She is rather socially awkward and adorable for someone who is The Juggernaut in the DSAA.
- Armor-Piercing Question: "Why don't you ever smile?" to Einhart, which causes the receiver to pause for a moment.
- Awesomeness by Analysis: According to her, she got a basic idea of how Einhart's fighting style goes despite three out of four of the matches she watched ended in a single blow.
- Badass: She lives up to the hype by being the first fighter to subject Einhart to a Curb-Stomp Battle. note
- Badass Adorable: Not to Vivio-like levels, but it is there.
- Badass Boast: "It's troubling if I've led you to believe you can leave with your body intact after facing a Jeremiah at full strength." And although she doesn't actually say it, her thoughts while in Black Jeremiah Mode are "Before the Strong Arm of the Black Jeremiah, all lives have no value."
- Badass Longcoat: Her Knight Armor.
- Badass Bookworm: Hinted at. She's the one reading the diary of the Wilfried and Victoria makes fun of her at one point. Since she's descended from a line of warrior scholars, it's expected.
- Beam Spam: Her shooting spell Gewehrkugelnote .
- The Berserker: Sieg's "Black Jeremiah" mode turns her into a ruthless killing machine. This is indicated by the slight sharpening of Sieg's eyes, and a cold, emotionless expression.
- Beware the Nice Ones: She's socially awkward, but is overall a nice girl. She's also the DSAA Inter-Middle champion, who can and has destroyed all her opponents in battle. She also wanted to have a fun match with Einhart and wanted to help her, but didn't have a whole lot of patience when they start losing their cool and turned into a berserker.
- Brilliant, but Lazy: Averted. Despite being already an overpowered Inter-Middle participant, she still trains herself whenever she can.
- Chekhov's Gun: One of her flashback showed her standing in front of a defeated Micaiah. With Glowing Eyes of Doom. It seemed to be just an artistic tool, but her eyes glow again during her match against Einhart. That glowing shows that she doesn't hold back anymore and she's now using her spell Geistqual, with that she also defeated Micaiah.
- Composite Character: Apparently of all three Aces. She's an overpowered young girl with dark magic and has connection to the Ancient Belkan Era like Hayate, prefers black clothes, has long Girlish Pigtails and an Adorkable personality and is a multi-talented combat mage like Fate, and she has a similar friendliness like Nanoha including being a Warrior Therapist who befriends other people and having a devlish persona.
- Compressed Hair: How does her hair fit under her hood of her leisure suit?!
- Curb-Stomp Battle: Micaiah and Einhart got to experience why she had never lost a battle before in this fashion.
- Cuteness Proximity: Sieg certainly seems to go gaga over cute things; she's been seen totally engrossed in squeeing over chibi Ixpellia and the flying rabbit plushies 4-A used for their school festival attraction.
- Dangerous Forbidden Technique: Sieg avoids using Geistqual in her battles, as it is extremely destructive and can possibly kill.
- Dark Is Not Evil: Has a predominantly dark colored Barrier Jacket, black hair and her Essence of the Jeremiah is black, but really is a sweet girl.
- Defeat Means Friendship: She states that this is how she became friends with Harry and Victoria. She must've taken lessons from Nanoha.
- Defeating the Undefeatable: She never truly lost her title of the DSAA Inter-Middle Champion. Her single recorded loss was due to her not appearing for her match.
- Expy: Of Black★Rock Shooter, with her long, black Girlish Pigtails.
- Face Framed in Shadow: In her initial appearance.
- Famous Ancestor: Subverted. Sieg is the descendant of Wilfried Jeremiah, Olivie's mentor and friend. However, since the only record of Wilfried's relationship with both Olivie and Claus is Wilfried's own diary that is hidden deep within the Infinity Library, only scholars or people who are very interested in history would know this person. Even Sieg doesn't know her ancestor's relationship to Olivie and Claus.
- Finger Poke of Doom: Can use a Finger Gun shot to temporarily stun her opponent.
- Fingerless Gloves: Again, part of her Barrier Jacket.
- Foil: To Einhart. While Einhart is an extremely serious fighter who fights for the honor of her ancestors and seeks strength, Sieglinde is already stronger than most teenagers and fights because of fun.
- Girlish Pigtails: They are freaking long. How can they fit under her damn hood?
- Genetic Memory: Carries with her the memories and battle experience of all the previous Jeremiahs in history. At most, she has about 500 years worth of memories. This makes her technically the most experienced human fighter in the series, as the Wolkenritter are magical constructs.
- However, Sieglinde memories are mostly limited to the battles, but she has no memories of her ancestors in person, that is why she only sees herself in her memories.
- Glowing Eyes of Doom: When she defeated Micaiah in the last tournament, and later during her match against Einhart.
- Gratuitous German: Her spells.
- Hereditary Hairstyle: She has the same cross-shaped strand of hair like her ancestor Wilfried.
- Heroic Self-Deprecation: Claims both Harry and Victoria are better than her and is not somebody to be admired. Victoria has different thoughts on that.
- Identical Grandson: She looks very similar to her ancestor Wilfried.
- In the Hood: Seem to want to keep her face concealed, justified as she wants to remain inconspicuous due to her fame as being undefeated in the tournament.
- In-Series Nickname: Sieg.
- Also is commonly called "Champion" because she won the Intermiddle Championship two years previously.
- Kansai Regional Dialect: Harry wonders if she and Hayate are from the same place.
- Ki Attack/Kamehame Hadouken: She knows shooting spells and bombardment spells. One of her really dangerous spells, Geistqualnote , is a tornado-like attack with immense destructive power.
- Lightning Bruiser: She hits very hard, can move so fast that the opponent cannot even react and her defense is very tough. And that's before she fully released her Strong Arms. Einhart never stood a chance.
- Master of All: Among all participants, she's great in close range, long range, and zero range combat. Her physical and magical attacks are powerful and destructive, her defense is much more than solid, and her speed is the higher than anyone's.
- Meaningful Name: Sieglinde is an actual German name, comprised of "Sieg" meaning victory, and "lind" meaning soft/mild/gentle.
- Megaton Punch: Speerfaustnote .
- Nice Girl: You'd expect someone who won the tournament to be prideful, but she is a very sweet-hearted person.
- Not So Different: At the end of chapter 40, she thinks that she and Einhart are alike. It turns out that she also has inherited the memories of her ancestors, but unlike Einhart, who only has Claus's memories, Sieg carries with her all the experience and battle prowess of all the Jeremiahs throughout history.
- Off with His Head!: What one of her ancestors did to enemies with a single kick, but since Sieglinde's Genetic Memory give no details to her ancestors, she only sees herself fighting other people in her memories.
- One-Man Army: A flashback shows her ancestor slaughtering a battalion of knight cavalry with their Strong Arms.
- Person of Mass Destruction: She apparently comes from a long family line of these.
- Power Fist: Her Device, Strong Arm, can take the form of two gauntlets.
- Power Incontinence: A flashback in Chapter 44 showed she didn't have a good hold of her massive power, which left a massive hole in a mansion wall.
- Her control is better but still imperfect. She subconsciously goes into killing mode whenever she thinks she's in danger, no matter how much she hates it.
- Rapunzel Hair: A little too long to fit under that hood.
- The Rival: To several other participants. To Victoria, Harry, Micaiah, and later to Einhart. While she has a Friendly Rivalry with all of them, she's still the greatest target everyone wants to defeat, especially Micaiah.
- Shrinking Violet: Harry and Els discuss this trope in that they couldn't tell if she was this or not due to her nature to avoid others.
- Sleeves Are for Wimps: Her Barrier Jacket.
- Spell My Name with an "S": Is her family name spelled Jeremiah or Eremiah? The katakana of her name is close to the Japanese spelling of Jeremiah (Her family name ends with the "a" character while Jeremiah ends with the "ya" character), but her card in the Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha INNOCENT Card Battle Game lists her full name in English as Sieglinde Eremiah. Then again, the cards have several inconsistencies with other known romanized names.
- The "J" in Jeremiah is pronounced as the consonant "Y". The Japanese don't have syllabels like "ye" or "yi", that's why they pronoune her name as "Eremia".
- Of course, some of her German spells suffer from this trope.
- Stripperific: Her Barrier Jacket.
- Super Power Lottery: She has 500 years of combat experience. What is she doing in a tournament for preteens?!
- Blessed with Suck: Although she isn't very fond of having her power since it caused her problems in the past.
- There Is No Kill Like Overkill: Sieg's Geistqual is classified as an Eraser, the most destructive level of magic capable of severely injuring and even killing opponents. note Its destructive power is demonstrated when it tore half of the ring after missing Einhart and as Micaiah states, it can go through the emulate system. What is most frightening about Geistqual is that it doesn't require a long casting time unlike Miura's Sword Draw note and Harry's Eraser Burst. note
- Trademark Favorite Food: As the picture shows, she is shown looking Adorkable with a jumbo-sized container full of popcorn whenever an imagine spot of her comes up.
- Less than trademarks, she also loves onigiri and oden.
- Tranquil Fury: Whenever she uses Geistqual.
- Warrior Therapist: Another odd parallel to Nanoha. She offered Einhart a chance to talk to her after the match after she mentioned rambling in the middle of the round once more, hinting she makes a habit of this. She even mentioned getting to know Victoria and Harry in a similar manner.
- Willfully Weak: Her fighting style is meant to force opponents into submitting so she doesn't have to use her full power. How strong is she actually?During their match, Micaiah suffered actual injuries after getting directly hit by Sieg's Geistqual, implying it was strong enough to go through the DSAA injury simulation system.note
- World's Best Warrior: The strongest teenage girl in all the worlds and dimensions.
- Wrestler in All of Us: That's right, the "strongest girl in all the worlds and dimensions"... mainly uses wrestling/judo throws. However, when she goes berserk, it's revealed that those are simply her least lethal moves. Her ancestors sought to be able to destroy human flesh with their bare hands during an age of weaponized warfare, and her flashbacks would tell you that they were pretty successful.
Voiced by: Yuu Asakawa
Voiced by: Kenji Akabane (Seiran)
Debuted in chapter 20. Yet another participant in the Inter-Middle Championship with an impressive track record, who once reached third place in the City Tournament and is now participating for the eighth time. Micaiah is a swordfighter and an assistant instructor at a local dojo. Being a personal friend of Nove, she agrees to train with Einhart in preparation for the tournament as a favor and also to get some practice herself against "pure striker" types. Her match with Miura is the first shown in detail. Micaiah uses Modern Belkan magic, her battle style is Battou Iai, and her Device is named Seiran, apparently an Armed Device. In ViVid, she's 18 years old, being the oldest of the major participants.
Tropes related to Micaiah:
- Absurdly Sharp Blade: Sharp enough to quadrasect a bus.
- Affectionate Nickname: Hayate calls her Mica-yan, which doubles as a Punny Name and a variation of Micaiah's In-Series Nickname "Mica-nee".
- Aloof Dark-Haired Girl: To the point where Nove expresses surprise when Micaiah mentioned that she cried when she lost this year.Nove: Micaiah-chan cries too? I just can't imagine that.
Micaiah: How rude! I may look like this, but I'm still a girl, you know? I cry when it's time to cry!
- Big Sister Mentor: To Einhart.
- Clothing Damage: Some of the most severe, apart from Fate's mock battle mishap. She later cuts Sieglinde's Modesty Towel in half with a bamboo sword.
- Combat Pragmatist: Her philosophy seems to be to cut down enemies as quick as possible before they get a chance to touch her. She doesn't go easy even on unarmed girls that are half her size, likely as a result of being badly beaten by Sieglinde in the last tournament.
- Crippling Overspecialization: Her preference of speed over defense makes her very vulnerable, especially against hand-to-hand combatants. Her movements get slower when she takes damage, hence decreasing the effectiveness of her offense.
- Curb-Stomp Battle: It's mentioned that she defeated Harry with an instant kill three years ago.
- Death Glare: To Sieglinde in chapter 45. Fore more, see Killing Intent below.
- Dual Wielding: Her Device takes the form of a katana and a wakizashi as per samurai tradition. While it's not her main style, she is shown using both simultaneously.
- Everything's Better with Samurai: She's a traditional Japanese Samurai despite being a Mid-Childan.
- Expy: Many fans considered her as an expy to Signum, because both are busty grown-up swordswomen. Though, their personalities and battle style are quite different.
- Fragile Speedster: Her Storm Armor was designed with speed in mind, rather than protection, and it's especially vulnerable to melee attacks, hence her concern for going against pure strikers.
- Glass Cannon: While she deals massive amounts of damage with her katana, her Storm Armor was designed with speed in mind, rather than protection, and it's especially vulnerable to melee attacks, hence her concern for going against pure strikers.
- Iaijutsu Practitioner: Her battle style, also known as Battou Iai.
- In-Series Nickname: Mica-nee.
- Katanas Are Just Better: Seiran. For one thing, it could quadrasect a bus, a feat that even a Cyborg swordswoman like Deed admits she couldn't do without her Laser Sword.
- Killing Intent: Her killing intent is so strong, she even can make a (covered) bamboo sword look like a real katana. However, she isn't seriously trying to kill Sieglinde.
- Kimono Is Traditional: Normally wears one to go with the rest of her traditional Japanese motif.
- Lady of War: Fights in either a traditional kimono or a miko outfit and favors the Single-Stroke Battle approach.
- Last Name Basis: She calls Nove "Nakajima-chan".
- Ninja Pirate Zombie Robot: She's a samurai, but the Barrier Jacket makes her look like a Miko. Most importantly, she's a mage.
- Rapunzel Hair: It really ought to be sweeping the floor, yet somehow it's always swaying in every shot.
- Red Eyes, Take Warning: Not evil or anything, but she can be quite scary, which is still a step up from the other ViVid rivals.
- The Rival: Micaiah has pretty much the biggest resolve to defeat Sieglinde among all major participants.
- Sarashi: Part of her Barrier Jacket. Probably because the top seems to be physically incapable of covering her chest.
- Set Swords to Stun: Good thing too, otherwise her opponents would be leaving the arena in pieces. She's still capable of dropping 90% of their hit points in a single attack.
Voiced by: Satomi Arai
Debuted in chapter 21. The last of the major veteran participants, who is participating in the 0079 DSAA Inter-Middle for the fifth time. Her best result in the past is city-wide 8th-runner-up. She's the representative of her high school and has a strong sense of justice, one of the reasons why she dislikes delinquent leader Harry, who defeated her in the last tournament. Els uses Mid-Childan magic, her battle style is Barrier Mage, her skill is called Rule Master, and her Device is named Vanisher. In ViVid, she's 16 years old.
Tropes related to Els:
- Adjusting Your Glasses: By the left arm.
- At Arm's Length: Poor Els is short enough for the younger Harry to do this to her.
- Butt Monkey: Seems to be heading in this direction, as she's shown little respect by Harry and Victoria, and watches in shock as they almost effortlessly break out of her binds.
- Casting Gag: A schoolgirl connected to justice and the color black, who wears Girlish Pigtails and an armband that shows her authority? Where have we seen that before?note
- Chain Pain: Her Device Vanisher is a pair of handcuffs with a really long connecting chain.
- Dark Is Not Evil: She has black hair, a black Barrier Jacket and many of her other clothes are dark colored, but she is a girl with a great sense of justice.
- Early-Bird Cameo: In the anime, when Lutecia shows Einhart a video about the Inter-Middle Championship, you can see Els in the crowd of participants.
- Flight: Knows flight magic. Well, she's learning it.
- For Great Justice: A huge believer that justice will prevail, which is why resident Delinquent leader Harry irks her a lot.
- Hypocritical Humor: Reprimands both Harry and Victoria for almost starting a fight outside of the ring, before Sieglinde points out that invoking magic, namely the binds she used to restrain the two, outside the ring is also bad.
- Joshikousei: A second-year student.
- The Knights Who Say "Squee!": She goes into Fangirl mode when she meets Hayate in the flesh. She also begged to be Sieglinde's second, even though she didn't need one.
- Meganekko: One of the few mages who wear glasses.
- Older Than She Looks: Because of her short height, she looks like a middle school student, but she's a year older than Harry and is the same age as Sieglinde.
- Pointless Band-Aid: Had these at the start. They were all over her arms on her first appearances, then replaced with one on her knee during her match against Harry. They eventually disappeared.
- Red Armband of Leadership: Wears one together with her student uniform and her Barrier Jacket.
- Red Eyes, Take Warning: She's not really dangerous.
- The Rival: To Harry.
- School Uniforms Are the New Black: Her Barrier Jacket looks like an altered version of her school uniform in black.
- The Short Guy with Glasses: She's the shortest amongst the tournament veterans and the only one who wears glasses.
- Student Council President: Came to her match wearing her school uniform and is introduced as such.
- They Call Me Mister Tibbs: Insists that Harry use Japanese Honorifics on her because she's older, but Harry refuses.
- Variable-Length Chain: Her Device Vanisher is a pair of handcuffs whose connecting chain could be extended. She could also create multiple copies of the attacking end of the cuffs in various sizes and launch them from multiple portals, allowing her to immobilize a target with ease.
- Vehicular Theme Naming: After TVR Tasmin 280i.
Voiced by: Asami Seto
Debuted in chapter 22. One of the first-time fighters in the Inter-Middle Championship. She is identified as a witch, a True Witch, in contrast to the standard mages of the franchise. She remains a mysterious character long after her introduction, barely appearing for several chapters. She finally takes actions in the Infinity Library arc, where she assaults the other major Inter-Middle participants. Fabia turns out to be a descendent of a Cat Girl Cute Witch, who was among circle of Olivie Sägebrecht's friends. Her skills are called Devil Tamer and Enchant Curse, and her Device is the Witch Broom Hell Gazer. In ViVid, she's 13 years old.
Tropes related to Fabia:
- Attack of the 50-Foot Whatever: Her bat devil is capable of doing this to eat Fabia's targets, then spit out their shrunken, captured forms. The trident devil is also able to grow like that.
- Badass Cape: Her Adult Mode.
- Badass Adorable: A Cute Witch, who easily curb-stomps most of the other major Inter-Middle participants, curses Sieglinde, corners Victoria and Corona and almost defeats Lutecia, qualifies for being this.
- Bare Your Midriff: Her Adult Mode's costume.
- Bat out of Hell: One of her devils looks like a cartoon bat and could grow to giant size to eat her opponents whole.
- The Beast Master: A Devil Tamer to be more exact.
- Blade on a Broom: In her Adult Mode, Fabia's Hell Gazer has a spike on the end.
- The Brute/The Big Girl: Her trident devil is the combat-orientated devil, using a trident and bombs. It also seems to have the ability to duplicate itself; either that or Fabia has an army of them.
- Cartoon Bomb: Her triedent devils and striped devil are capable of pulling these out.
- Chekhov's Gunman: Gets a brief introduction and is seemingly forgotten for more than a year outside of some quick shots and the occasional ensemble pic, with Sieglinde Jeremiah getting a Character File before her. Then she's shown spying on the gathered cast while they talk about Ancient Belka.
- Confetti Drop: Amusingly, Fabia's striped devils pulls out a basket full of confetti from somewhere to celebrate her victory during her introduction.
- Cry Cute: Chapter 51 and 52, after her loss to Vivio, Einhart and Lutecia.
- Crystal Ball: Uses one for scrying purposes.
- Curb-Stomp Battle:
- Though, almost every tournament battle of her is not shown on-screen, but it seems that she won every battle quickly and without taking any damage. One of her opponents was shown to be in tears and hugging her trainer, suggesting Fabia is terrifying to face.
- The anime adaptation shows how she might have won at least some of these fights: the above-mentioned bout involves her catching her opponent in an illusion technique (of the Naruto-style "hack the target's brain and make them see/hear/feel what you want them to" type), leaving the girl sobbing & screaming in terror for what looks to the audience like no reason, too debilitated to fight back.
- In the Infinity Library, she easily defeats/traps Harry's gang, Harry herself, Els, Rio, Micaiah, Einhart, Miura and Vivio, thanks to her curses. Fortunately, Lutecia arrives to save Vivio and Einart (and Miura), who recover from the curse and save Lutecia from Fabia and fight the latter.
- Though, almost every tournament battle of her is not shown on-screen, but it seems that she won every battle quickly and without taking any damage. One of her opponents was shown to be in tears and hugging her trainer, suggesting Fabia is terrifying to face.
- Curse: Enchant Curse is one of her mentioned specialties during her introduction. Fabia uses her devils to curse her opponents with various effects.
- Curtains Match the Window: Has gold eyes to her blond hair.
- Cute Witch: In her normal form.
- Dark Is Evil: Her witch attire is black and she's not a kind girl.
- The Dragon/The Lancer: The bat devil is this to her; its assistance is the main reason how Fabia curb-stomps her enemies in the Infinty Library.
- Eaten Alive: One of her devils does this to her targets.
- Emotionless Girl: At first.
- Empty Piles of Clothing: Those eaten and shrunk by her devil leaves these behind.
- Evil Genius/The Smart Girl: The striped devil uses curses that effectviely decrease her enemies' battle power.
- Familiar: Has more traditional ones with her devils.
- Flying Broomstick: Her Device is identified as a Witch Broomnote called Hell Gazer. Rather than flying on it, when Fabia is in her Adult Mode and Hell Gazer has a spike on it, she uses it as a projectile weapon.
- Fountain of Youth: One of the spells cast by her striped devil. Used to inconvenience Sieglinde.
- Fusion Dance: Merges with her demon familiars to access her Older Alter Ego.
- Fun Size: Her three devils are very small and look like cartoon characters, but her bat devil and trident devil can grow into gigantic devils, but they still look the same as before.
- Good Wings, Evil Wings: Her Adult Mode can manifest devil wings that grow.
- Hot Witch: In her Older Alter Ego.
- I Know Your True Name: One of the prerequisites for her shrinking and bottling curse is the true name of her target. When it seemed like it didn't completely work on Vivio, she assumed that she got her true name wrong.
- Incredible Shrinking Man: Anyone Eaten Alive by her bat-shaped devil gets cursed with this and is trapped in a bottle. Breaking the bottle undoes the curse.
- Impossibly-Low Neckline: Her Adult Mode.
- Knight of Cerebus: Chapter 48 finally has her taking center stage by effortlessly taking out around half of the ViVid cast, including Einhart and Sieg.
- Mind Rape: The anime adaptation depicts her winning one of her tournament matches with a spell that does, making her opponent see an illusion that reduces her to a screaming, hysterical wreck while the audience are wondering what the heck is going on.
- Obviously Evil: Upon seeing her, Church Knight Sister Chantez mentions that she's probably her exact opposite both personally and professionally.
- Ojou Ringlets: She certainly has the regal personality for it and her ancestor is shown to be within the circle of friends of Sankt Kaiser Olivie, Hegemon Claus Ingvalt, and Wilfried Jeremiah. And was also a Cat Girl for some reason.
- Older Alter Ego: Reveals one in Chapter 50.
- Our Demons Are Different: As a Devil Tamer, she has several imps flying around her at all times.
- Power Gives You Wings: Her Adult Mode has devil wings. If she gives her all, her wings grow larger.
- Prongs of Poseidon: Type II. The purple devils have tridents. Those aren't really dangerous, unless the devils become giants and the tridents grow as well.
- The Quiet One: She rarely talks.
- Robe and Wizard Hat: Wears a robe and a tiny witch hat. Slightly less tiny in her Adult Mode. And she switches robe for a Stripperific outfit.
- Stripperific: Her Adult Mode covers these tropes: Impossibly-Low Neckline, Bare Your Midriff and Zettai Ryouiki.
- Supernatural Gold Eyes: Comes with the territory of being a True Witch, which is explicitly mentioned to be different from the common Mage and very rare. In addition, her ancestor was a Cat Girl.
- Terrible Trio: Fabia has three devils: the bat devil, the trident devil and the striped devil. Though, it's unknown if she has either an army of trident devils or the trident devil is able to dublicate itself.
- Throw Down the Bomblet: Her striped devil and trident devils' fighting style.
- Transformation Ray: One of her stripe devils' spells. She uses it on Rio and Micaiah's Devices to turn them into harmless flowers.
- The Unfought: Only in the Inter-Middle tournament. None of the other major characters fight her in the tournament, but she does fight eleven of the other twelve major participants in the Infinity Library. She is eliminated at her match with Lutecia for being absent.
- Vehicular Theme Naming: After koda Fabia.
- Wicked Witch: She has the outfit, the broom, the evil-looking familiars, and the curses, and she's the first outright villain in Vivid.
- Wrong Context Magic: Her True Witch status, although the possibility did not truly come out of nowhere - Caro's Summons were hereditary and did not rely on a Device, though it helps. Fabia's devils presumably augment her Linker Core the same way a Device would.
- Zettai Ryouiki: Her Adult Mode has grade A.
Linda, Luka & Mia
Voiced by: Rie Takahashi (Linda), Azumi Waki (Luka) & Asami Takano (Mia)Debuted in chapter 17. They are Harry's classmates and gang who follow her around wherever she goes. Linda is the blond girl wearing a surgical mask, Luka is the small girl with shades, and Mia is the tall girl with long hair. They are actually participants of the Inter-Middle Championship, too, but they are never seen fighting; in fact, they are basically only Harry's cheerleaders and are never treated as fighters at all.
Tropes associated with Linda, Luka and Mia:
- Aloof Dark-Haired Girl: Mia, who is apparently more mature than the other two and looks similar to Micaiah.
- Badass Long Coat: Luka and Mia wear white coats resembling Harry's. Linda wears also the same coat as the other two when she's not cheerleading. As confirmed in chapter 51, these coats are indeed part of their Barrier Jackets.
- Bare Your Midriff: Their Sailor Fuku and gang outfits.
- Beauty Mark: Linda has a Beauty Mark under the left side of her mouth, but it's rarely visible because of her mask.
- Cool Shades: Luka is rarely seen without it, as a part of her delinquent design.
- Cool Mask: Linda wears a surgical mask as a part of her delinquent design.
- Delinquents: They and Harry are obviously an Affectionate Parody of this. They have even gang outfits which fit Harry's Barrier Jacket.
- The Ditz: Linda and Luka sometimes forget Harry's weak spot.
- Face of a Thug: Despite their appearance as female delinquents, they are actually nice girls, which is part of the Affectionate Parody. When Corona and Rio encounter them for the first time, they thought the three girls are going to be angry, but instead they apologize for Linda's Funbag Airbag, even it's actually Corona's fault.
- Faux Action Girls: Of the informed type.
- Funbag Airbag: Corona meets them by crashing into Linda's "airbag".
- Girlish Pigtails: Linda.
- Joshikousei: How they and Harry are introduced.
- No Name Given: Their names were never mentioned in the story until chapter 48 (but only one of them).
- No Shirt, Long Jacket: All three of them have them as parts of their Barrier Jackets. They do wear Sarashis though.
- Pettanko: Luka is flat-chested in comparising to the other two.
- Sailor Fuku: Their Sailor Fuku are even designed like delinquent-type Sailor Fuku.
- Satellite Characters: They are just Harry's gang... and that is all.
- Sarashi: Like Harry's Barrier Jacket, they wear only a chest-covering Sarashi under their coats.
- Sidekicks: To Harry. They follow her around everywhere and everytime.
- The Smart Guy: Mia proves to be this for the group in Chapter 64, scoring 9th-highest in their grade on exams, compared to Harry's 85th, Luka's 135th, and Linda's 142nd...all of which were, by their own admission, only as high as they were due to Mia's tutoring.
- Those Three Gals: They are never seen alone and don't have much of importance.
- Token Mini-Moe: Luka is notably smaller than her friends.
- Tomboyish Ponytail: Luka has a side-ponytail on the right side of her head.
- You Gotta Have Indigo Hair: Mia.
Lilina SagarisA participant who is defeated by Chantez in chapter 25.
Tropes associated with Lilina:
Elsa EdixA participant who is defeated by Lutecia in chapter 25.
Tropes associated with Elsa:
Erie StoutDebuted in chapter 67. A long range specialist and a film actress, Erie participates for the fourth time at the Inter-Middle who was also a city finalist in the past. She's a participant in block 4 like Vivio, Miura and Micaiah.
Tropes associated with Erie:
- Bare Your Midriff: Part of her Barrier Jacket.
- Beam Spam: Her speciality is shooting magic. This is basically her strategy as well. Spamming people until their life points reach 0.
- David vs. Goliath: The second Goliath to Miura. And she loses to the kid.
- Finger Poke of Doom: She fires spells with her finger.
- Fingerless Gloves: Part of her Barrier Jacket.
- Hair Decoration: Wears a hair clip on the left side of her hair.
- Lady of War: She is calm and graceful in battle while she's spamming magic bullet.
- Oh Crap!: When Miura charges at her so fast before Erie could even fire her final bullets, right before Miura one-shots her with her finisher combo.
- Red Baron: She's also known as "Madan", translated as "magic bullet".
- Squishy Wizard: She spams magical bullets everywhere, but she gets one-shotted by Miura's 4 hit combo. The first hit took almost half of her LP.
- Stripperific: Her Barrier Jacket sports a tank top, hotpants and Zettai Ryouiki.
- Vehicular Theme Naming: After the Toyota Stout.
- Who Wears Short Shorts?: Part of her Barrier Jacket.
- The Worf Barrage: She suffers from The Worf Effect like fellow favorite Micaiah did. No matter how many times her bullets hit Miura, it's not enough to defeat her.
- Zettai Ryouiki: Grade A; part of her Barrier Jacket.
Ancient Belkan Era
Sankt Kaiser Olivie Sägebrecht
Voiced by: Madoka Yonezawa
The last Kaiser of Belka, the central figure of the Saint Church, one of the greatest combat mages of all time, and the woman from whom Vivio was cloned.
Tropes related to Olivie:
- Artificial Limbs: She lost both of her arms in her early childhood. She first greeted Claus without the artificial limbs on her.
- Battle Ball Gown: Her Knight Armor.
- Crystal Dragon Jesus: The Jesus analogue of the Saint Church.
- Curb-Stomp Battle: As shown in a flashback, the battle between her and Claus Ingvalt ended with him beaten up and struggling for consciousness, and her apparently not having taken any damage.
- Early-Bird Cameo: Olivie appears in the flashback which is at the beginning of the first episode.
- Every Proper Lady Should Curtsy: Did this when she met Claus for the first time, even without her arms.
- Everyone Calls Him "Barkeep": We first learn of her in Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha StrikerS, but she's only referred to by her title until chapter 3 of ViVid, where her name was finally revealed to be Olivie. Apparently nobody remembers any of the other Kaisers.
- From Nobody to Nightmare: She was a handicapped girl with a weak magical constitution, and in the time when she lived, this is reason enough for her to be disqualified from the throne. Nobody anticipated that she would become the queen second to none in combat.
- Hair of Gold, Heart of Gold: Einhart remembers her personality as "bright like the sun, and subtle as a flower".
- Handicapped Badass: The queen deemed second to none in combat had no arms, and even before she got her Artificial Limbs, she was more than capable of foiling and killing hidden snipers with her perfectly serviceable legs and a well-aimed rock.
- Heroic Sacrifice: It's implied that she arranged her own death and the loss of the Saint's Cradle in order to bring an end to the Saint King Unification War.
- In-Series Nickname: Vivi, apparently the basis for "Vivio".
- Jeanne d'Archétype: A young girl who suddenly found herself leading an army, and eventually dying in her attempt to end the war, with her sacrifice inspiring other people to follow her cause and eventually leading to her being remembered as a holy figure.
- Kick Chick: The lack of arms in early childhood did not stop her from being a deadly fighter. It only mostly limited her to two limbs.
- Kung-Fu Jesus: The Jesus analogue of the Saint Church was also known as the strongest warrior of her time.
- Mismatched Eyes: Her left eye is red, her right eye is green.
- Ojou Ringlets: The same ones that frames Vivio's face, as befitting her royal stature.
- Pink Means Feminine: A portrayal shows her with a pink dress.
- The Pollyanna: Is very similar to Vivio in that respect. Even disinherited, without arms, with her mother dead and exiled, she's always happy and smiling.
- Posthumous Character: Having died during the Saint King Unification War, most of her scenes are shown through flashbacks or various records of Ancient Belka.
- Prim and Proper Bun: Unlike Vivio, her hair is styled in this manner, helping to contrast the legendary queen who led her army in battle, and her clone who was adopted and raised as a normal girl.
- Romantic Two-Girl Friendship: With Wilfried. Notable in that it's played straight and not teeming with subtext, Olivie being Star-Crossed Lovers with Claus and Wilfried their Shipper on Deck
- Shared Unusual Trait: She has red and green eyes just like Vivio, because she is the person from whom Vivio was cloned.
- She Is the King: Of the gender neutral title variety.
- Spell My Name with an "S": Her surname was often spelled as "Segbrecht" among the fans, but it's "Sägebrecht/Saegebrecht".
- Stepford Smiler: Falls into this when she decides to become the Saint King. She's clearly upset and scared but she's still smiling.
- Tareme Eyes: Similar like Vivio. Oddly enough, she has these kind of eyes even when she's older, despite Vivio's Adult Mode and Sankt Kaiser Mode have Tsurime Eyes.
- Troll: Convinced Ried to not tell Claus that she's a girl. They kept this up for years.
- True Blue Femininity: Her Battle Ball Gown has blue colors, a color scheme similar to Vivio's Adult Mode or Sankt Kaiser Mode.
- The Unchosen One: She wasn't expected to be a ruler, as noted below. She took it upon herself to end the Unification Wars once and for all by committing a Heroic Sacrifice.
- Unexpected Successor: Due to her disability and weak body, she was not the anticipated heir, nor never even considered as a candidate. to be the next leader of the Sank Kaiser alliance, and in fact was sent as a political hostage to a rival kingdom as a child.
- World's Strongest Man: When she was alive, she was known as the queen deemed second to none in combat. Her partner Claus was considered overwhelmingly powerful as well, yet he never managed to beat her even once.
Hegemon Claus G.S. Ingvalt
Claus G.S. Ingvalt
Voiced by: Yuuma Uchida
The prince of Shutra, a kingdom during the Saint King Unification Wars, where Olivie was sent as a political hostage. He and Olivie had a close relationship during her stay. He became the first Hegemon of Shutra, at the same time Olivie became the next Sankt Kaiser. Considered to be a fighter with the strength of a thousand men during his lifetime, the only person he could not surpass was Olivie herself, eventually losing to her, before she went on and ended the Unification wars.He is also Einhart's ancestor, and she inherited all of his memories, magical talent, and some physical traits, namely his silvery-green hair and heterochromia.
Tropes related to Claus:
- Badass Cape: Wears one in almost every scene we see him in as an adult.
- Bishounen: More obvious in his younger years where he looked like a male version of Einhart.
- BFS: Wields a sword almost as wide as he is.
- Cool Pet: Had snow leopards for pets, as the people of Shutra considered them to be excellent guards.
- Early-Bird Cameo: Claus appears in the flashback which is at the beginning of the first episode.
- Failure Knight: His failure to stop Olivie's sacrifice drove him to seek the true strength to protect those that he wished to protect.
- Mismatched Eyes: His right eye is purple, his left eye is blue.
- My Greatest Failure: Failing to end the war and stop Olivie's sacrifice. This affected him so badly that his descendants were haunted by the memory of his failure for a full century after the Saint King Unification wars. Even Einhart has dreams of his defeat from time to time. It also doubles as a tragic mirroring of Nanoha's trademark "befriending". Getting Olivie to listen to him by defeating her was exactly what he intended to do, but he failed because he was too weak.
- One-Man Army: Implied with his reputation as a warrior with the strength of a thousand men.
- The One Guy: He's the only known male character (excluding Zafira) of the Ancient Belka Era. Olivie, Wilfried and Ixpellia are all female.
- Posthumous Character: As with most characters who lived at the time of Ancient Belka, his story is only shown through the various records of the time and the occasional descendant that inherited the Genetic Memory of their Belkan ancestors.
- Shared Unusual Trait: He and Einhart both have silvery-green hair and heterochromia.
- Spell My Name with an "S": It's either Claus or Klaus.
- Spirited Competitor: Challenges Wilfried to fight him when he learns that Ried has some combat experience. Then challenges Wilfried to fight him "for real" when he realizes from their short skirmish that Ried's a lot stronger than he originally thought.
- Warrior Prince: The prince of Shutra was eventually remembered in stories as a legendary hero.
- World's Strongest Man: For a time after Olivie's death, he was considered the strongest fighter. This was short lived however, as he died shortly after Olivie.
- Wouldn't Hit a Girl: When doubts about him being unaware of Wilfried's gender were brought up, Olivie quickly dispelled them by mentioning that Claus isn't the type of guy who would punch a girl with all his might.
Debuted in chapter 42. The ancestor of Sieglinde Jeremiah and a close friend of Olivie Sägebrecht and Claus Ingvalt. Wilfried was also The Mentor of Olivie and the one who made her Artificial Limbs. Much like Sieg, Wilfried tended to come and go randomly, thanks to being part of a nomadic tribe.
Tropes related to Wilfried:
- Badass Cape: Wore one in nearly all appearances.
- Barefisted Monk: As with all successors of the Black Jeremiah style.
- Big Brother Mentor: Ried's roughly around Olivie's age despite being far more experienced in fighting. She's actually a Big Sister Mentor.
- Bifauxnen: Turns out to be one.
- Dark Is Not Evil: Like Sieglinde, Wilfried is just clad in black.
- The Drifter: Wilfried is described by Olivie as a mysterious traveler she met, and is mentioned as coming and going every few months.
- Early-Bird Cameo: Wilfried appears in the flashback which is at the beginning of the first episode. Unlike in Olivie and Claus's case, Wilfried is a character who is mentioned way later in the story. She appears later in a flashback in episode 3.
- Eccentric Mentor: While a great martial arts mentor, Ried has some weird quirks such as suddenly disappearing without notice every few months or so.
- Genius Bruiser: Besides being from a line of powerful fighters, Wilfried was also a travelling scholar, as well as a skilled metalsmith who created Olivie's Artificial Limbs. The scholar part is especially useful for the Jeremiah line as Wilfried also researches actual combat, adding to the cumulative battle experience of the bloodline's Genetic Memory.
- I Have the High Ground: Seems to like staying in high places like trees and crumbling walls.
- In-Series Nickname: Also known as Ried.
- In the Hood: Much like Sieg, Wilfried was frequently depicted covered in a hood before Chapter 52.
- It Runs in the Family: When Einhart mentions Ried's tendency to come and go without warning, Victoria snarks at Sieg regarding how she inherited that particular trait of her ancestor. The Jeremiahs being a nomadic clan likely has something to do with this.
- Japanese Pronouns: In Chapter 54, Ried turns out to be a girl despite using "boku".
- One Steve Limit: There is a reason why Wilfried's nickname is not "Fried".
- The Quiet One: Is shown as this in Einhart's memories.
- Posthumous Character: As with all characters from Ancient Belka that aren't The Ageless.
- Short Hair with Tail: Is revealed to sport one in Chapter 52, as befitting a well-known fighter.
- They Died Because of You: Claus initially blamed Ried for the Heroic Sacrifice of Olivie since Olivie was originally the last in line for the Cradle due to her weak constitution before she became The World's Best Warrior under Ried's tutelage, leading to her becoming the king of the Cradle and her Heroic Sacrifice. However, as Einhart and Vivio note, this is really more of his grief and anguish talking, and he doesn't truly blame his friend for this.
- Tomboyish Name: "Wilfried" is as manly as "Einhart".
- Troubling Unchildlike Behavior: Calmly killed a group of bandits in Chapter 52 while being at around the same age as Vivio.
Debuted in chapter 51. Fabia's ancestor and a friend of Claus, Olivie and Wilfried. She was a southern forest witch of Shutra and a mischievous young girl who liked to play pranks.
Tropes associated with Crozelg:
- Cat Girl: She had cat ears and a cat tail, which gives her the nickname "Witch Cat".
- Cats Are Magic: Comes from a Cat Girl tribe of True Witches.
- Curtains Match the Window: Like her descendent, she had blond hair and gold eyes.
- Cute Witch: Much cuter than her descendant.
- Doomed Hometown: Due to the escalating wars, the forest she lived in was destroyed.
- Genki Girl: Much to Claus chagrin, he had to tame her.
- In-Series Nickname: Claus called her "Cro".
- Lap Pillow: One of the scenes in Chapter 52 depicted her sleeping on Klaus' lap while Olivie and Ried watched, illustrating how close she was to Olivie's group.
- Only One Name: Her given name has to be revealed yet.
- Posthumous Character: Being Fabia's Ancient Belkan ancestor, she only appears in scenes that depict that time period.
- The Prankster: What she did to other people.
- Supernatural Gold Eyes: Possesses these as she's both a True Witch and a Cat Girl.
- Tag Along Kid: To Claus, Olivie and Wilfried.
- Vitriolic Best Buds: Unlike the other members of their circle of friends, she never took a shine to Ried, and Ried notes how their relationship remained rocky until the end. Victoria and Harry make knowing remarks that there are some personalities you simply can't get along with.
Lei TundraThe grandfather of Rio and Linna and a master of Shunkou-ken, debuted in chapter 67.
Tropes associated with Lei:
Linna TundraRio's older cousin and a Shunkou-ken Assistant Instructor, debuted in chapter 67.
Tropes associated with Linna:
- Anime Chinese Girl: Like Rio, she wears a Qipao and Lufeng is basically China.
- Cleavage Window: Her qipao has one.
- Cute Little Fangs: Like Rio.
- Qipao: A blue one with a Cleavage Window.
- Spell My Name with an "S": Linna? Rinna?
- Uncanny Family Resemblance: Despite she's only Rio's cousin, she looks almost identical to Rio's Adult Mode with minor differences, such as the teint of skin, Idiot Hair-Hair Antennae contrast and breast sizes.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Purple like her cousin Rio.
TaoA young maid of the Shunkou-ken dojo, debuted in chapter 68.
Tropes associated with Tao:
YenA female student of the Shunkou-ken dojo, debuted in chapter 68.
Tropes associated with Yen:
- Anime Chinese Girl: Wears a not-so-Chinese attire, and has bright, straight hair.
ShweA female student of the Shunkou-ken dojo, debuted in chapter 68.
Tropes associated with Shwe:
- Anime Chinese Girl: Looks closer to the stereotype than Yen does.
Irene HardinDebuted in chapter 70. Lufeng's heir candidate of the Hanakou-kennote .
Tropes associated with Irene:
ClaireDebuted in chapter 70. Irene's butler and Edgar's younger sister.
Tropes associated with Claire:
Voiced by: Shunsuke TakeuchiDebuted in chapter 17. He is Victoria's young butler who serves her for years. He's her advisor for the Inter-Middle Championship and reports her with information regarding her rivals. He also knows Sieglinde when the three were children.
Tropes associated with Edgar:
- Curtains Match the Window: Both blue.
- Non-Action Guy: It's unknown if he's mage or if he's even a Battle Butler, but the only male character who gets some action in ViVid is Erio.
- The One Guy: He's the only living male character who is introduced in ViVid. This is until the introduction of Lei Tundra, but that does not make much any more difference.
- Real Men Can Cook: Justified, he's a butler.
- Satellite Character: This is not surprising for a butler character.
- Servile Snarker: Has an overall friendly personality, but Edgar has shades of it.
- Sidekick: To Victoria, but he isn't always around her like the gang to Harry.
- Hypercompetent Sidekick: He's her butler and acts like a secretary.
- Uncanny Family Resemblance: His younger sister Claire looks very similar to him.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Has literally blue hair.
Voiced by: Sumire UesakaDebuted in chapter 64. Yumina is a student of St. Hilde Magic Academy's middle school and Einhart's classmate. She is a fan of martial arts.
Tropes associated with Yumina:
- Hair Decoration: Uses a hair band to bind a bit of her hair on the right side to a little ponytail.
- Pressure Point: She is apparently specialized in acupuncture and combines it with magic. This is how she begins to massage Miura.
- Rapunzel Hair: Her hair is long enough to reach this trope.
- Vehicular Theme Naming: Apparently after Buick Enclave