Characters: Lives of the Mayfair Witches
Characters seen throughout Lives of the Mayfair Witches.
Ashlar (a.k.a. Saint Ashlar, Ash)
- Offing the Offspring: Killed by Rowan, who believed that she was a monster.
- Heroic BSOD: After Lasher comes through on Christmas and Rowan flees with him, thus losing both his child and his wife.
- Incest Is Relative: Turns out to be a Mayfair, descended through Julien by one of the maids.
- Psychic Powers: Gained the ability to see images from objects after he drowned, but lost it after Lasher tried to kill him.
- Foreshadowing: Warns Tommy and Marklin to not go up against the Mayfairs, claiming they would destroy him, and is later killed by Rowan's power.
- Abusive Guardian: Carlotta is quite cruel to her niece Antha and great-niece Deirdre, having a hand in Antha's suicide by clawing out her eye and gives so many medications to Deirdre that leaves her a mute shell of a woman.
- Asshole Victim: Once she shows her true colors and reveals herself to be responsible for the deaths of Stella (convincing Lionel to kill her), Antha (clawing her eye out before her apparent suicide, though it was likely murder), and Deirdre (drugging her up until she was a catatonic mute which severely shortened her lifespan), not even her family can excuse her decades of reprehensible behavior.
- Lady Macbeth: Carlotta uses intimidation and bullying tactics to convince her younger brother Lionel to shoot their sister Stella.
- The Unfavorite: Growing up, Carlotta had proven herself to be very mature for her age as well as highly intelligent but her mother Mary Beth preferred her younger daughter Stella over her.
- Villain with Good Publicity: She is easily one of the most conniving Mayfairs but the community finds her to be almost saint-like for taking in her niece and great-niece as well as giving to multiple charities.
- Well-Intentioned Extremist: Drove Antha to suicide, sent Deirdre to a mental institution, and sent Rowan away the day she was born, all in the name of preventing Lasher from coming through.
- Death by Childbirth
- Doting Parent: Particularly to her son Pierce though she loves all of her children and is very proud of them.
- Happily Married: To Ryan Mayfair before her death.
- Parental Substitute: To Mona Mayfair due to Alicia and Patrick Mayfair being drunks with little care to their only child. She more or less considers Mona closer to a daughter than a niece.
- Memetic Sex God: He's slept with multiple women (most of whom are related to him) and more than a few men. There's a reason why Mona Mayfair is related to Julien several times over.
- Posthumous Character: Not that it's really stopped him...
- Really Gets Around: Even when he's almost ready to die, he never stopped being sexually active and even fathered a child with his granddaughter Ancient Evelyn before his death.
Mary Jane Mayfair
- Abusive Parents: Her mother was far from the greatest considering she had Mary Jane's sixth fingers (one of each hand) cut off by a witch doctor on a kitchen table.
- Country Mouse: Hails from the swamps, particularly in the sinking estate of Fontrevalt where she lives in with her grandmother.
- Disappeared Dad: There's no mention of a father, only her grandmother Dolly Jean and her currently dying mother.
- Les Yay: Sometimes implied with her relationship toward Mona.
- Absurdly Youthful Mother: Her mother gives birth to her at the age of thirteen and Mona follows the same path by giving birth to Morrigan at thirteen.
- Ill Girl: Mona becomes very sick after giving birth to Morrigan and in Blackwood Farm spends most of her time at Mayfair Medical as a patient.
- Kissing Cousins: She had a sexual agenda with her cousins as far back as she can remember and was even engaged to her first cousin Pierce until Quinn came along.
- Memetic Sex Goddess: Even GROWN MEN like Michael and Yuri Stefano want to (and do) get into her pants.
- Rags to Riches: While not considered destitute by any means, Mona lived in a house that was falling apart with her aging great-grandmother and alcoholic parents not wanting the house to be repaired. Cue Mona named to succeed Rowan as the Designee due to being able to have children after Rowan's hysterectomy and she ends up becoming richer than she could ever imagine.
- Really Gets Around: Amongst her cousins, no less. She even considers the possibility of making it with Rowan and Mary Jane.
- Teen Genius: Not unlike a female, horror Wesley Crusher.
- Troubling Unchildlike Behavior: Bow to the queen.
- Wise Beyond Their Years: Played with. She's had to be responsible at a very young age and speaks quite eloquently for a girl her age but she can, and will, have lapses of immaturity. Her own mother even said she would be mature one moment and then cry for her dolls the next.
- Living MacGuffin: As a fertile female Taltos.
- The Nose Knows: Can smell Ashlar on Rowan and Michael when they return, and later when he personally visits the house.
- All Mayfair Women Are Lustful: Rowan takes this Up to Eleven, rivaled only by Mona.
- Cloud Cuckoo Lander: Rowan is more than a little mentally-unbalanced, and very prone to freak outs and Heroic BSOD. This likely due to her early ignorance of her powers and their consequences and how horrifically inbred she is.
- Heroic BSOD: After she murders Emaleth, her daughter by Lasher, she falls into a semi-catatonic state, and is only brought back upon Aaron's murder.
- Identical Grandson: According to Aaron Lightner, Rowan's looks are very similar to her ancestor, Talamasca member Petyr van Abel.
- Memetic Sex Goddess
- Psychic Powers: Has the ability to kill, but was unaware up until learning about the Mayfairs, leading to several deaths during her lifetime. Also, part of what makes her such an effective Doctor is she can use her powers to heal cells.
- Social Services Does Not Exist: When his mother dies and after he escapes from the gypsies, Yuri is able to go through Rome without question. More suspicious is that Yuri is a rather exotic-looking child (he has gypsy blood from his mother) and frequenting similar areas would make him look out of place even if he spoke fluent Italian.
- Troubling Unchildlike Behavior: At a young age, he's on his own and has to survive in Rome. He sleeps with men who would be considered pedophiles, knowing how to do so by watching his mother with her paramours.
This page has not been indexed. Please choose a satisfying and delicious index page to put it on.