- Cheerful Child
- Dream Sequence: Lulu had oodles of these in some of the 40's cartoons.
- Genki Girl
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: Lulu can be considered this to some.
- Meaningful Name: Lulu's last name is "Moppet", to reflect the fact that she's a moppet most of the time.
- Regal Ringlets: Despite being from a middle-class family.
- Vitriolic Best Buds: With Tubby, Type 2
Tubby "Thomas" Tompkins
- Alliterative Name
- Big Eater
- Big, Thin, Short Trio: With Wilbur and Iggy in the anime.
- Breakout Character: After the first few comics were published, Tubby later began appearing in his own solo comic stories, as well as his own short-lived comic series.
- Butt Monkey: Occasionally fell into this trope.
- Crouching Moron, Hidden Badass
- Deadpan Snarker
- Dogged Nice Guy: To Gloria, in the original comics and the TV series.
- Dreadful Musician: With the violin, being incredibly bad at it.
- Fat Best Friend
- Henpecked Husband: In the short "Beau ties", Tubby dreams he is married to a terrifying henpecking Lulu shouting "GET TO WORK"! every second
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: Tubby actually shows shades of this occasionally. Especially in the original comics and the anime.
- Kid Detective: Nickamed "The Spider"
- Large Ham
- Meaningful Name: It's obvious where Tubby gets his name from.
- Nice Hat: The sailor cap that he always wears on his head.
- Sibling Rivalry: Not quite siblings, but his diminutive lookalike cousin, Chubby, would also qualify.
- Small Name, Big Ego
- Verbal Tic: In the anime, Tubby has a very distinctive chuckle, sounding almost similar to that of Curly's trademark 'nyuck! nyuck!' laughter.
- Vitriolic Best Buds: With Lulu, Type 2.
- Adorably Precocious Child: At least in the anime.
- Annoying Younger Sibling: Alvin actually has one in the form of his younger brother, Cedric.
- Bratty Half-Pint
- Tagalong Kid
Willy Wilkins, Eddy Stimson, & Iggy Inch
- Alliterative Name: Iggy Inch, Willy Wilkins
- Big, Thin, Short Trio: Iggy, with Tubby and Wilbur, in the anime.
- Charlie Brown Baldness: Iggy has this.
- Cheese-Eating Surrender Monkeys: They occasionally fell into this trope whenever Tubby wanted to face off against the Westside Gang, despite not being French.
- Demoted to Extra: In the anime, both Willy and Eddy fell into this trope as they did not appear very often. Willy appeared in 9 episodes while Eddy had the least amount of appearances, appearing in only 5 episodes.
- Hypercompetent Sidekick: Iggy occasionally showed shades of this when paired with Tubby.
- Nice Hat: Willy and Eddy both wear these. Willy always has that big poofy cap while Eddy always wears that side-spiked hat.
- The Quiet One: Eddy doesn't talk quite as much as his companions.
- Those Three Guys
- True Companions: They serve as these to Tubby.
Wilbur Van Snobbe
- Big, Thin, Short Trio: With Tubby and Iggy in the anime.
- Depending on the Writer: In the anime, Wilbur was changed from being snobbish and antagonistic to Lulu and the others to being a good friend who served as The Smart Guy on some occasions.
- Idle Rich
- Jerkass / Jerk with a Heart of Gold: In the original comics and the TV series.
- Meaningful Name: Where do you think Wilbur gets his last name from?
- Rich Bitch
- The Rival: To both Lulu and Tubby, in the comics and the TV series.
- Sesquipedalian Loquaciousness: Wilbur used this a lot in most of his appearances in the anime.
- Spoiled Brat: And HOW! Not so much in the anime, though.