Characters: Legend Of The Hunter
open/close all folders
It's all under control.Sebastian
You are the '''KNIGHT-ERRANT!'''
You wander the land, FIRST and FOREMOST, to hunt. And not just any prey.
You are a HUNTER OF DEMONS
, and hunting's what you'll do, here, in the LAND OF THE CONQUERED SKY.
former knight who will do whatever it takes
to find the ULTIMATE WEAPON
and destroy all
of the demons. To this end, he has somehow acquired the ability to use Banishing spells, which are theoretically impossible for non-Exorcists.
Gwydian: Punching abstract concepts since Chapter 1GWYDIAN
, Jeering Thug
"Oh, Sebastian, relax a little
Things worked out alright up till now, didn't they
I keep telling ya...
You gotta have fun"
Sebastian's hard-drinking, violently impulsive
, nigh invulnerable
brother. He acts as a bizarre sort of Morality Chain
to Sebastian, keeping the latter's own form of recklessness
He also converses freely with the audience
, and routinely accomplishes the impossible by demonstrating flagrant disregard for In-Universe laws of reality.
- Angst? What Angst?
- Animal Nemesis: The Forest Imp. Nothing else in the world can get this reaction out of him.
- Antihero: Type III or IV
- Attention Deficit... Ooh, Shiny!
- Bar Brawl: His favorite pastime.
- Barehanded Blade Block: Gwydian does this to a chainsaw. It hurts him, but not much.
- Bash Brothers: With Seb.
- Boisterous Bruiser
- Chairman of the Brawl: One of his signature techniques. Taken Up to Eleven with tailor-made WEAPONIZED CHAIRS.
- Character Development: When Gwydian successfully resists the temptation to leave his post (despite a constant parade of women, booze and candy in front of him):
...the sheer intensity of PROMISE KEEPING at display sunders the very core of the experience point awarding mechanic. Thus, Gwydian fulfilled his very own quest hook: TO STOP BEING A USELESS FUCK.
- Dark and Troubled Past: Alluded to. He doesn't let it affect him too much, unlike Sebastian.
- Dramatic Thunder: When the Forest Imp steals his murder chair.
- Drinking On Duty: To Sebastian’s perpetual ire.
- Drunken Master
- An Economy Is You: The Merchant actually starts selling WEAPONIZED CHAIRS OF MASS DESTRUCTION specifically for him.
- Face Doodling: Attempted on an unconscious Bartender, but thwarted by Sebastian.
- Failed a Spot Check: Esmerelda is hiding in a bush, whispering "ima treeeeee," and Gwydian's response is:
Gwydian: "Woah, man, bro check this out
This is some weird-ass plant over here."
- Fastball Special: Gwydion has been both the pitcher and the projectile.
- Finger-Lickin' Evil
- Flipping the Bird: ... with a burning finger.
- Fluffy Tamer: Mr. Twiddlefeet can hardly be described as 'tamed,' but he is devoted to Gwydian.
- Freudian Slip: Of the innocent variety.
Gwydian: "Look, I'll do it, okay?! I'm certainly dumb enough for it
Yeah that's what I said drunk
- Giving Someone the Pointer Finger:
Gwydian: "Okay, you asked for it! Here's the accusatory index finger! RIGHT HERE!"
- Grappling Hook Slinky
- Grievous Harm with a Body: Uses a dead ninja as a flail... and as a garrote.
- He Knows Too Much: The reason he kills Ava.
- Heroic Comedic Sociopath: Quantifiably so. When Gwyddy enters developer mode, his Sociopathy stat is shown to be at 48 Kilojerks.
- Hidden Depths:
- Gwydian is a liability to the search for the ULTIMATE WEAPON on purpose, because he wants to keep his unstable brother away from the obviously dangerous artifact.
- Humanoid Abomination: According to Aaron.
- I Meant to Do That: After he accidentally punches Helmström from halfway across town
- Improbable Use of a Weapon: Accelerates his flight by using the VIER-HANDER as a helicopter blade.
- Improbable Weapon User: Gwydian is always, always on the lookout for exciting new things to hit people with. And he carries a list of random things he'd like to wield.
- Improvised Weapon: Almost every time he fights.
- Infernal Retaliation: Sebastian tries to get him to drop his weapon by setting it on fire. It doesn’t work.
- I Take Offense to That Last One: When Esme refers to him as "that lovable moron:"
I'm not lovable!"
- It Amused Me: Most of what he does is For the Lulz.
- A Lady on Each Arm: ... And a cat lich over his shoulder.
- Licking the Blade: http://mspfanventures.com/?adv=498&id=467
- The Loonie
- Lovable Rogue
I'm not lovable!"
- Martial Arts and Crafts: Mugger’s Martial Arts. It consists mainly of APPLYING VICTIM’S HEADS TO SOLID SURFACES.
- Medium Awareness
- Minor Injury Overreaction: Gwydian is not accustomed to taking damage, and he freaks out a little bit when the Bartender's HOARZES actually hurt.
- My Significance Sense Is Tingling: Gwydian senses Aaron approaching. He describes the feeling as "sobering," which, for Gwydian, is probably scary as hell.
There's no need to hold back. It takes quite a lot to kill this bastard.
This has been tested.
- Nightmare Fetishist: Gwydian is probably the only sentient being in the world that would want to hug Mr. Twiddlefeet.
- Phrase Catcher: Gwydian is often described as a "useless fuck" by Sebastian.
- Press X to Not Die: Gwydian’s special combat mode. He dislikes these Action Commands so much that he destroys one (apparently, Gwydian’s KE_BreakAbstractConcepts was enabled)
- Psychopathic Manchild: Type E.
He's like a small child, sometimes. A small child capable of acting out EVERY VIOLENT IMPULSE IT CAN IMAGINE.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: With his brother. He plays the Red Oni when it comes to picking fights and getting into trouble (complete with fire-based powers), but he’s the Blue Oni when he’s trying to dissuade Seb from his dangerous and self-destructive schemes.
- Reckless Sidekick
- Screw the War, We're Partying!: His advice to Sebastian when they were young.
- Sir Swearsalot
- Pillager’s Piledriver!
- Sticky Fingers
- Super Toughness:
There's no need to hold back. It takes quite a lot to kill this bastard.
This has been tested.
- Sweet Tooth: When a sky train accidentally dumps its candy cargo into the streets, Gwydian is absolutely transfixed, and proceeds to stuff his inventory with confections.
- To Hell and Back
- We Meet Again: to the Forest Imp.
- The Worf Effect: Suffers from this when he first meets The Clown.
- Worf Had the Flu: He actually invokes this when Esmerelda pins him (while she has him pinned).
Gwydian: "I was blindsided! This doesn't count!"
- Wolverine Claws: When Seb releases the seal.
Angst is for sane people.Esmerelda Windswept
, Horizon Walker
ESMERALDA. And WINDSWEPT. Also, you're a HORIZON WALKER! Hell yeah.
You KNEW there was a name somewhere! Names are always the trickiest part. With that, you basically got the key to your entire memory!
And here you were worried you'd awkwardly bemoan your missing memories for-freakin-ever.
Horizon Walker who has a tendency to craft whatever she can find into DANGEROUSLY VOUGISH
outfits. She was possessed by The Demon until the brothers helped her turn the tables, trapping it inside her mind. Sebastian continues to help her suppress The Demon in the hopes that she'll tell him what she knows about the ULTIMATE WEAPON.
- Ambiguously Brown
- Angst? What Angst?: Esme simply ignores unpleasant Memory bubbles, partly because there's no use dwelling on them and partly because it pisses the Demon off.
- Awesomeness by Analysis: As a Horizon Walker, Esme has the ability to analyze her opponents by SQUINTING IN A FUNNY WAY.
- Cloudcuckoolander: Esme's eccentricity is usually the subtle, high-functioning kind. But her thought process behind stabbing Sebastian certainly pushes the boundaries of rationality:
You're sure he won't carry any grudge from all the pain caused. After all, YOU WOULDN'T."
- Exactly What I Aimed At: THUNDER SPIRE, one of her combo-attacks with Sebastian, appears to miss its target before unleashing a devastating electrical Area of Effect attack.
- Face Palm: When Sebastian insults the Chuckster.
- Fighting from the Inside: It's a way of life for her.
- Five Stages of Grief:
You think you've found A SIXTH ONE.
- Happy Dance: When Esme learns that The Demon has been sealed. 
- Is That the Best You Can Do?: Says this to the Demon when its Combat Tentacles fail to harm her (technically, she only thinks it, but The Demon can read minds).
- Mental World: The lush, monochromatic forest where her struggles against The Demon take place.
- Nice Shoe: Esme alchemizes The Demon's power with a normal shoe to create the ALL-SEEING SHOE, a shoe as evil as it is ergonomic.
- Obfuscating Insanity: She pretends to be too traumatized to speak to Sebastian at first. He doesn't buy it.
- Paper-Thin Disguise: IMA TREE
- The Pollyanna
- Tempting Fate: Sure, go ahead and alchemize The Demon's energy with everything you find. It's perfectly safe.
- Tree Cover: IMA TREE
- What Could Possibly Go Wrong?: With Demon sealed inside of her, Esme finds that she has the ability to access its power to alchemize new items.
- With Catlike Tread: Esme's attempts at stealth are hilariously transparent. Fortunately for her, Gwydian is pretty gullible...
You are MR. TWIDDLEFEET, a necromantic abomination filled with an ever-burning hate for all that lives, the sickening fires of impurity and an UNCONDITIONAL LOVE FOR YOUR OWNER.
A lich alchemized from a mummified cat and some magic dust. It seems to have become attached to Gwydian, who gave it it's name.
Look at that royal rascal! It's so cute with its HAIRY CLAWED SPIDER LEGS clinging to your hair.
A mysterious, crowned spider who seems to be following our heroes.
Thunder Sword Alastor
Thunder Sword Alastor
Oh, those damn unpredictable magic swords!
A sentient weapon with lightning-based powers and a compulsion to stab everyone it meets.
We're gonna need more weedkiller.The Demon
"It's not your right to KNOW, fucker.
It's your right to fucking die and see your own blood splatter in fascinating ways all over the pavement.
It's your right to LISTEN, because your kind HAS TO BE TOLD."
An especially vicious and powerful demon who possesses Esmeralda. He is also after the Ultimate Weapon. After the brothers help Esmerelda regain control, he is trapped within her Mental World, slowly regenerating and waiting for his chance to strike back.
Dragons: they're awesome.Skal
, King of the Land of the Conquered Sky
There are many people who might think dragons are pretty awesome. If there'd be a competition in dragon worship, and they'd line up with their dinky dragon admiration, then, yeah, then there'd be ONLY ONE THING TO TELL THEM, and that would be:
YOU HAVE JUST BEEN OUTCLASSED IN EVERY CATEGORY THAT THERE IS.
A cunning, charismatic, dragon-obsessed old man with big plans for his kingdom.
- Animal Motifs: Skal is completely enamored with dragons, and he puts their images on absolutely everything.
- The Big Board: Skal's map room is actually quite understated (for Skal), befitting the subtlety of his schemes.
- The Chessmaster: Complete with pieces shaped like the main characters.
- Deadpan Snarker:
Helmström: "I believe he knows more than he lets on, my lord."
King Skal: "Next you'll be saying we probably have a monarchy."
Prince Rasp: "DO YOU HAVE EVEN THE SLIGHTEST IDEA WHAT THE FUCK YOU'RE DOING?!"
King Skal: "Oh, no, son.
I obviously have no idea whatsoever what I'm doing here.
In fact, I've had not a single clue these past sixty years! You've got me.
Can't hide anything from my clever son, oh boy."
- Deceased Fall-Guy Gambit: His solution for pinning the assassination attempt on the Exorcists.
- Fantastic Racism: Skal refers to the Nemeans as "feral beast dregs."
- Glorious Leader
- I'll Take That as a Compliment:
Aaron: "Spoken like a true politician."
King Skal: "Let us both pretend that was a compliment."
- Instant Awesome, Just Add Dragons: King Skal's guiding principle, and, by extension, the Land of the Unconquered Sky's.
- Large Ham: King Skal is a monumental example.
- Let no Crisis Go to Waste
- Model Planning: King Skal has an extensive collection of chess pieces that look like the various people he's manipulating. El Vendaval's piece is actually shown as it is being carved.
It's not that cheap, since it's made of finest quality wood, but it has payed off. No deranged plans spanning centuries without strategic maps and figurines to back 'em up. You would get horribly confused without them! Who did you send to kill who again? Is that a double, triple or quadruple agent over there? Are you furthering your agenda or just dicking around because YOU ARE THE GODDAMN KING HERE?
- Pretext for War: Intends to use the brothers to blame Beowulf's assassination attempt on the Exorcists, so he can attack them with his citizens' support.
- Public Execution: His son expresses some relief that King Skal didn’t order any of these during the wedding.
- Right-Hand Cat: Substitutes a small dragon statue.
- Royals Who Actually Do Something: Besides the ubiquitous dragon-themed rebranding, he has been the world's foremost patron of Magitek research. We are told that he has "transformed the Land of the Conquered Sky like no-one else before him."
Not pictured: amusement.Mantikor
, aka "The Clown"
A no-nonsense bodyguard, messenger and advisor to King Skal. Most people only know him as "The Clown."
Armor won't impede your movement. Not when you're this badass.The General
"THERE IS NOTHING WRONG IN HAVING HONOR BATTLES AT EVERY POSSIBLE OPPORTUNITY!"
The imposing commander of Videgotto's army, and trusted advisor to the king.
"I am currently being humble to my greatest capability."
A spiteful old priest who never stops promoting himself, usually at the expense his arch-rival Lamard. He's no fool, though, and King Skal includes him as one of his closest advisors.
Dethellio Barbados Incinius Norman Tharin Rasp,
Prince of the Land of the Conquered Sky
"Meddling is fun!"
King Skal's kindly, idealistic son who has a habit of offering unsolicited advice to just about everyone.
Lady Naum/The Princess of Leostaria
"I have a little surprise for you, too.
And I know you'll love it.
\\It's something fit for the future king."
A cautious, manipulative, elegant lady who conspires with Beowulf to kill King Skal.
, Dragonmaiden of Videgotto
"Oh! No! I'm a non-combatant!
You're not allowed to shot those, don't you know the rules?!"
A bored Dragonmaiden who desperately wants to find a new life for herself beyond Videgotto's walls.
, aka Sigrar Dorothy Sturge, Beastmage
"WE ARE BEOWULF,
FUTURE RULER OF THE WORLD!"
A power-hungry mage who uses the ULTIMATE WEAPON
to command hoards of demons.
- Abnormal Ammo: His Kinetic Charge ability allows his guns to use ANYTHING as a deadly projectile, albeit indirectly.
- Badass Longcoat
- Big Fancy Castle: CASTLE MANU is Beowulf's
- Butterfly Aura: When he activates the ULTIMATE WEAPON. He thinks it detracts from his intimidating persona, and tries not to use it any more than he has to.
- Conspicuous Consumption: Of both money and demons.
- Conspicuously Public Assassination:
Beowulf: “IF we are to kill a person on SOMEONE ELSE'S ORDERS, then we shall do it GRAND, at least.”
- Contractual Genre Blindness: ZigZagged. His hubris often bars him from practicing Pragmatic Villainy, but he is aware of many of the common pitfalls of his profession... (see Genre Savvy below)
- Cool Guns: They’re magic!
- Death by Irony: Attempts to perforate a rich man with his own money.
- Dramatic Thunder: His introduction page.
- Embarrassing Middle Name: Dorothy.
- Evil Gloating: Refuses to engage in this when he's about to assassinate King Skal, describing it as "a typical pitfall for our business." This doesn't stop him from engaging in it at other times, however.
- Evil Laugh: "Mwahahaha!"
- Eye Am Watching You: Does this to Seb as he flies away from videgotto
- Fur and Loathing
- Finger Gun: Can summon demons and money with these.
- Gender-Blender Name: His real name is Sigrar Dorothy Sturge.
- Genre Savvy: ZigZagged. He is aware of the Inverse Ninja Law as it applies to heroes, the dangers of monologuing...
- Guns Akimbo
- The Gunslinger
- Haunted Castle: CASTLE MANU.
- Highly-Visible Ninja: Gwydian pegs him immediately as an “obvious assassin.”
- Instant Sigils: When he summons demons.
- Impossibly Cool Weapons: They shoot demons and money! They could only be more awesome if they had tits and were on fire!
- It Amused Me
- It's All About Me
- Jerk Ass
- Kick the Dog: His reasons for trying to kill Ava.
Beowulf: "You know what? The Dragon clergy always annoyed the hell out of me. Us. You know.
And we're in the absolute worst kind of mood right now.
Amuse me with your death, dammit."
- Money Fetish
- Nothing Can Stop Us Now: Does it still count as Tempting Fate if you say it all the time?
- Nouveau Riche
- Pooled Funds
- Pre-Mortem One-Liner: When he's about to assassinate the Baron of Windfall:
Beowulf: “Could be quite... THE WINDFALL PROFIT.”
Beowulf: “As a future ruler, we have ascertained that modesty is for losers.”
- Pungeon Master: For example:
- His "Capital Punishment" technique, which shoots coins at his enemies at lethal velocity.
- Also, when preparing to use Kinetic Charge on the ENERGY HOARZ:
Beowulf: “We need horsepower, dear demon.”
- Royal "We": His trademark. He slips up occasionally, though.
- Saying Sound Effects Out Loud:
Beowulf: "Deliberately slow chuckle.”
- Say My Name:
Beowulf: "WE ARE BEOWULF,
FUTURE RULER OF THE WORLD!"
- Smug Snake: Beowulf is quite powerful, but he severely overestimates himself.
- Supervillain Lair: CASTLE MANU.
- Take Over the World: His goal.
- This Banana Is Armed: His SUMMONER’S RIFLE technique looks just like a classic Finger Gun.
- We Have Reserves: Somewhat Justified, as Beowulf really does have a seemingly-infinite supply of demons to summon.
- Unsportsmanlike Gloating: After defeating a Barber Demon (that has scissors for hands) at Rock-Paper-Scissors:
Beowulf: "By the holy laws of Rock, Paper AND SCISSOR, it is decreed that you, lowly barber demon, have LOST!
Wallow in your defeat, pitiable creature, and drown in and endless abyss of shame!"
- Villainous Demotivator: Sums up Beowulf's "leadership" style.
- You Fool!: Often.
- You Have Failed Me: ?
- Zerg Rush: He would prefer to use more elegant tactics, but the ability to summon an infinite number of demons is just too useful.
The markup to use:
Prepare to be smited. Smitten?Aaron
of the Silver Knights
"Fearing that a powerful demon was behind this, the exorcists asked the Silver Knights to solve the problem in their stead.
And I am the solution."
A brusque, dogmatic old demon-slayer who used to be Sebastian’s mentor.
Unnamed Priest of St. Howitzer's Remedy Squad, aka "Howie"
"998 STATE OF BODILY DAMAGE MARKINGS!
1256 UNITS REPRESENTATIVE OF ACCUMULATED REGENERATION!
Means 258 in total healed!
Death has been averted once again!"
A goofy young healer who is as clueless as he is good at being shot out of a cannon.
St. Smitefire's apprentice, alias "Hat Lady"
"You gotta have hats with feathers in 'em.
And look at that! I've got a fancy talky face portrait up there!
I can talk off ears at a moment's notice! I'm a babbling timebomb, gentlemen!"
Saint Smitefire's chipper, flirtatious assistant. She is a skilled tracker, and possesses fourth-wall breaking abilities that surpass Gwydian's.
- Bare Your Midriff
- Blatant Lies:
Hat Lady: "I'm MESMERIA SCALESHINE, Drakenguard sheriff on duty!
I'm of the newly founded Kunoichi Cop Division. That's right. I'm both servant of the law AND ninja."
- Master of the Mixed Message: Intentionally, as part of her psychological warfare/flirtatious distraction technique.
- Offscreen Teleportation: She is able to use "spoiler space" as a medium for travel. From everyone else's perspective, she is teleporting.
- Perky Female Minion
- Phrase Catcher: "Stop causing conflicting emotions!"
- Sarcasm Mode
Hat Lady: "Oh my, an unwashed barbarian.
I don't know. Should I blush or just faint right off the bat?
HA, just kidding, you're not my type."
Hat Lady: "Man, I don't know if I can resist your interrogation methods, you hard-boiled tiger you.
I am basically reduced to a sobbing, hysterical mess here!
Watch those drops of truth between all the tears I'm shedding."
- Smoke Out
- "You're Not My Type": To Gwydian. Of course, she calls him a "stud" shortly thereafter.
The Black Brewer
The Black Brewer
, alias MR. SPIDER
"No discount for you! The ACTUAL booze is right here in my hand!
By the holy laws of the shell game, I command you to get drunk!"
A mysterious bartender with six arms and eight blind eyes. He's one of the ten Legendary Bartenders, who are conspiring to obtain the secret of the Exorcists.
, alias MRS. LION
"I'm an awesome bartender now."
A former Videgotto cleric who now owns a bar in Nemean country, and conspires with the other Legendary Bartenders to obtain the Excorcists' secret.
That's either a really tall man... or a really tiny horse.
The Barkeeper of the Faltering Horse, alias "Mr. Horse"
A giant of a man steps out of the bar. He is easily the largest man you have ever seen CARRYING A HORSE.
The barkeeper of the Faltering Horse. A giant of a man
who uses horses as weapons. He is also a member of the Legendary Bartenders, who appear to be conspiring to steal the secret of the Exorcists.
You Shall Not Pass
: Holds off the guards so the brothers can escape Videgotto.
, Ascended Nobody/ Avenger Noir
Under the surface, Tristan is a BROKEN MAN. And it's starting to come back.
An unassuming City Guard
who longs to be an adventurer. He adopts the name EL VENDAVAL
in an attempt to join the brothers' team. Now, he's out for revenge against the brothers because he thinks they killed his comrade Arthur. Taking up the mantle of the hard-boiled detective, he's on a job for King Skal to spy on the brothers. The job comes with a kick-ass dragon, too.
- Accidental Misnaming: Everyone calls him Tristan.
- Ascended Extra: The author confirmed on his Formspring that Tristan was never intended to be a recurring character.
- Awesome Mc Cool Name: "El Vendaval" means "The Windstorm" in Spanish.
- Badass Moustache: As El Vendaval. He loses it when Gwydian shakes him, but it grows back when he takes a level in Avenger Noir
- Bad Job, Worse Uniform
- Butt Monkey
- Cannon Fodder: When he's shopping for a suitable Protagonist's outfit, he considers buying a fashionable Red Shirt with a target on the front.
- Cowboy Cop
He will show no mercy in uncovering clues, harassing suspects, and solving crime while being A LOOSE CANNON OUT FOR REVENGE ON THE SIDE. This tough guy will get the bad boys behind bars, and if it's in pieces only. He'll break the case. He'll break bones. HE IS LAW INCARNATE.
- Dare to Be Badass: His Call to Adventure comes in the form of Sebastian's insincere and condescending recruitment speech.
- The Gambler: As El Vendaval.
The strange moustached warrior skillfully juggles his dice FOR NO EFFECT WHATSOEVER. You somehow gain the expression this El Vendaval is desperate to impress you.
- Genre Blind: He notices a mysterious, glowing artifact in the Exorcist's Chamber, and proceeds to ignore it.
- Grew a Spine
- Hard Boiled Detective: His persona when he takes a level in Avenger Noir
- His Name Really Is Barkeep: Played with. He starts out as a nameless guard, and Sebastian nicknames him Tristan for convenience’s sake. Later, he gives himself the alias El Vendavalin an attempt to be more Badass. Then, when his character naming screen finally shows up, the player names him El Vendaval, retroactively making this the name he has always had.
- I Just Want To Be Badass
- Impossibly Tacky Clothes: He tries on quite a few outfits when he’s trying to become a protagonist.
- Improbable Weapon User: Beats things with a table. It's not very effective.
- I Want to Be a Real Man
- The Kid with the Remote Control
- Nice Hat: As El Vendaval.
- Notice This: Double Subverted. He sees CLUES as highlighted items, but he doesn’t realize they’re important. Later, when he's investigating the scene of Arthur's murder, he remembers a piece of evidence he saw back at the Excorcist's Room.
- Ocular Gushers
- Refusal of the Call: At first.
- That Came Out Wrong:
El Vendaval: "Eat my table, despicable fiend!!!
This doesn't sound right somehow"
- The Team Wannabe: After Sebastian tries to fake-recruit him, he spends the next chapter trying to prove he's worthy to be recruited for real.
- Took a Level in Badass: Or, in this case, Took a Level in Avenger Noir.
- Was It All a Lie?: When he inevitably finds out that the exorcists are fake.
- What the Fu Are You Doing?: Manages to poke himself in the eye with his cool dice.
- Who's Laughing Now?
- Winds of Destiny, Change:
El Vendaval: “These are the dice of destiny, said to cause metamorphoses of space and time!\\
At least... I'm sure I could learn how to do that\\
Using all those rad experience us player characters are gathering...”
Jackal the Usurper,
aka Honest Jack
JACKAL THE USURPER chuckles, or rather, there's sound coming from his throat that roughly resembles amusement. He just loves screwing with newbies who still haven't realized who's in command now. All of them, used to the old order - until HONEST JACK came along.
He loves it. He loves it every time.
A snide gangster who has a history of assuming control of criminal underworlds wherever he goes. When the brothers pass through his territory, he sees an irresistible opportunity to gain leverage against King Skal.
"The Other Guy"
"The Other Guy"/Arthur
"You, a nameless and largely unimportant NPC GUARD, have long since figured out it's only the relevant characters that get into real trouble. Sure, you get beat up for silly reasons occasionally, but the really nasty things never concern an anonymous background character.
It's a tough way of living."
A surly, crooked city guard who tries his best to avoid all plot-related entanglements.
It's like he's saying, WATCH OUT, FOLKS. I'VE GOT A BIG SILLY PURPLE SHIELD AND THE FIRST ONE TO MAKE A FAT JOKE GETS IT SLAMMED RIGHT INTO HIS STUPID LAWBREAKING FACE."
“No, wait, stop this meaningless violence!”
A goofy, naive priest of Videgotto who always believes the best about the people around him.
the Butler Demon
"With the most superficial pleasure, Sir."
Beowulf's "loyal" demon butler. He's generally either directing barely-concealed insults
at his master, breaking out in spontaneous song, or both.
The merchant insinuates that he's looking forward to doing business with you again. The very thought sends chills down your spine. SOMEHOW.
A shady (and very enterprising) street vendor.