The Character Sheet for Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon
. Needs Wiki Magic Love
open/close all folders
Tori "Impossible" Aoi
Protagonist of the series, Tori Aoi's a carefree young man of utterly average talents. He was placed as President of the Musashi Ariadust Academy Student Council because he thought it'd be easy to control, and even recognizes himself as a poor leader. He doesn't seem to care much, and enjoys his role at his own leisure. He knows a lot of strip jokes and usually plays the idiot
. Tori is also the energy of Class 3-Plum, literally
: he acts like a living mana battery that can recharge and supply his companions
with unlimited reserves, controlling a quarter of Musashi's
ether supply, thanks to being one of two viceroys in the city.
- Buxom Is Better: He certainly thinks so; in fact, when he writes down a love letter confession to P-01s, his classmates are surprised he doesn't mention her bust size in describing the automaton's "positive traits".
- Dark and Troubled Past
- Kicked Upstairs
- Heart Is an Awesome Power: His support powers don't mean much to his friends when they reside in the city and academy grounds of Musashi, as these places are rife with ether for their daily needs and training. Outside Musashi, however, Tori is the key to success, as he can supply his allies with infinite ether reserves to continue fighting without worry.
- Heroic BSOD: Watching P-01s get taken and being unable to do anything about it.
- Keet: He literally does not know the meaning of "depressed". With good reason, too.
- Large Ham
- Naked People Are Funny: In Season 2 except for a few scenes.
- Non-Action Guy: Not the useless kind, but he's plenty lacking in the combat field.
- Obfuscating Stupidity: Despite all that perversion, Tori's quite sharp, to wit:
- When debating against Masazumi Honda on rescuing Horizon Ariadust from the K.P.A. Italia, he took the stance of not rescuing Horizon, thereby forcing the more adept-at-debating Masazumi to take the opposite stance. Not pleasant, but actual debating does assign people to motions they should defend regardless of personal preference.
- In episode 12, Horizon consigns herself to death; Tori argues against her views by using a parallel argument and convinces her to leave with him.
- Perpetual Smiler
- Personality Powers: He sure is energetic, isn't he? Perhaps he got some to share.
- Spanner in the Works: If his move under Obfuscating Stupidity doesn't earn him this title, pantsing Masazumi and throwing off Pope President Innocentius' attempts to undermine her definitely does.
- Student Council President
- Thanks for the Mammaries: Often, specifically with Makiko Oriotorai, Nate Mitotsudaira, Suzu Mukai and Horizon.
- The Pollyanna: He has to be after having his contract becomes activated, due to...
- Weaksauce Weakness: As a condition to his contract to the Asama Shrine for his powers, being sad will literally kill him.
- White Mage: A rare male protagonist example, as he buffs and resupplies his allies' energy.
P-01s/ Horizon Ariadust
An automaton who works at the bakery Blue Thunder, P-01s randomly appeared on Musashi
one day with no memories and was taken in by the bakery's shopkeeper. The second of two viceroys assigned in Musashi by Yoshinao
Musashi Ariadust Academy - Class 3-Plum
Student council vice-president, Masazumi is serious-minded, skilled in speaking, and hard-working; effectively, she's Tori's exact opposite
. Due to a significant lack of *ahem* assets, he continuously picks on her. Masazumi aspires to become a politician, though she can't help but feel reluctant about it.
- A-Cup Angst: With a damn good Tear Jerker reason, too.
- Bifauxnen: A swift Deconstruction: her Transsexual backgound has left her in this position permanently. She initially wanted to help her family through this, due to being an only child and only males being accepted for succession of the family name, but stopped partway through when her father was dismissed as a vassal. Hence, she ended up not actually being male, but having a flat chest. To the viewer, however, this only complicates her pronoun usage.
- Big "WHAT?!": After Tori chose the side of not rescuing Horizon during their debate.
- Dark and Troubled Past
- Foil: To Tori. He is well liked by his classmates yet not taken seriously by most people, and he constantly slacks off and is no good as a leader. Masazumi, on the other hand, is, while not disliked, more distant towards her classmates yet is respected by virtually everyone, and she is a very diligent worker and a skilled leader.
- Hime Cut
- In-Series Nickname: "Seijun" (meaning "purity" in Japanese) by Tori.
- Kick Chick: She is quite good at kicking things, as shown whenever she kicks Tori for embarrassing her or just plain doing something stupid.
- The Lancer: To Tori.
- The Reliable One.
- Sweet Polly Oliver
- Troll: It seems the Aoi siblings are rubbing off on her.
The student council secretary, despite being rather dry and critical of the antics of the class, Toussaint Neshinbara's an utter romanticist at heart and is fond of history. Despite wishing to be a novelist, he is the head strategist of Musashi's
forces during wartime.
Always looking to make a quick buck, Shirojiro Bertoni sells the class magical items. Although he's the student council treasurer, he's essentially a miser blessed by the God of Commerce "Sanct".
Shirojiro's girlfriend, and effectively his shadow, Heidi Augesvarer is the student council assistant treasurer and is always in tow with him and just as greedy. Due to his contract with Sanct, Heidi acts as Shirojiro's broker whenever he's in combat.
Tori's equally loud
, over-bearing older sister, the overly-dramatic
Kimi Aoi changes her name on a weekly basis because of increasingly vapid reasons. She has a contract with the god of public entertainment "Uzume", specializing in eroticism and dancing
- Actor Allusion: Not the first time she's been this lustful, but now she's extremely this.
- Anime Hair
- Battle Strip: She sheds off parts of her upper clothes and detaches her sleeves when she prepares for a fight, thereby increasing her Fanservice level.
- Clothing Damage: During her fight against Futayo Honda, she looses part of her blouse, exposing her belly.
- Cool Big Sis
- Crouching Moron, Hidden Badass: While her normal behavor makes her look idiotic, if you ever challenge her to a fight, BE PREPARED.
- Dance Battler: Semi-subverted, as it's not in the traditional sense.
- The Power of Rock: When fighting at full strength, she sings; as a bonus, it's also her Image Song. What's more, the lyrics seem to describe her fighting techniques.
- Gag Boobs
- Heart Is an Awesome Power: Kimi manages to weaponize erotic dancing. Because of the contract with her god, she can avoid being touched by anyone who she doesn't want to touch her. Minor damage actually adds to the offering to her god, making her even stronger, and she uses the clothing she removes to block attacks from Futayo's Slicing Dragonfly.
- I Have Many Names: Played for Laughs at the start of the series, with Margot Knight complaining about her changing through stage names too fast. The kicker? She considers all of them as her true names, granting her protection against Slicing Dragonfly's ability.
- It Runs in the Family: Large Ham, Trolling, Fanservice and they're Crazy Awesome.
- The Nicknamer: Some examples include:
- Tori: "Foolish/Silly Brother"
- Masazumi: "Boobless Politician"
- Futayo: "Clueless Woman"
- Neshinbara: "Fanfic Writer"
- Tenzo: "Ninja"
- And she calls herself "Ingenious Sister".
- Megaton Punch: Slaps Malga so hard she creates a tornado.
- Noblewoman's Laugh
- No Indoor Voice
- Ojou Ringlets
- Rapunzel Hair
- "The Reason You Suck" Speech: Delivers one to Futayo after the latter is unable to get any valid hits on Kimi during their fight, along with some Armor Piercing Slaps.
- What the Hell, Hero?: Gives a TORNADO UPPERCUT, followed by a "Shut Up" Kiss bite to Malga in episode 9 of S2, then chastises her for trying to guilt Margot into letting her join the battle and possibly die, saying that a Senseless Sacrifice is not the way to prove herself equal to Margot.
Tori and Kimi's childhood friend, Tomo Asama uses her spiritual connection as the Asama Shrine's priestess to shoot her bow and arrow with precision. Her nickname is "Death Arrow Priestess
Nate Argenté Loup Mitotsudaira
Voiced by: Marina Inoue
(Japanese), Rebekah Stevens (English)
A half-human, half-werewolf feudal knight from Hexagone Francaise with ridiculously large drill hair
, Nate is charged with protecting the citizens of Musashi
and holds the rank of Fifth Special Duty Officer. Despite having genes associated with lycanthropy, she cannot transform into a wolf form.
Voiced by: Ai Matayoshi (Japanese), Joy Saxton (English)
A wheelchair-bound girl who can't make it to class, Miriam Polk is force to study at the dormitories. Her lack of training in society has made her tactless in social situations.
Voiced by: Nao Touyama
(Japanese), Kris Carr (season 1), Allison Sumrall (season 2) (English)
A ditzy, blonde-winged witch who flies on a broom, which she also uses like a rifle, Margot is pursing a career in the transportation industry. Also known as "Schwarze Frauen" (German for "Black Lady), she's Malga's girlfriend and holds the rank of Third Special Duty Officer.
A straight-faced, black-winged witch, Fourth Special Duty Officer Malga, also called "Weiss Frauen" (German for "White Lady"), focuses more on Full-Contact Magic
. She's Margot's girlfriend and a member of the Manga Club.
A rather bored-looking girl from Qing-Takeda, Sixth Special Duty Officer Naomasa has a prosthetic arm in place of her right arm. She lives alone and works in the Engineering Club.
Voiced by: Rika Morinaga
(Japanese), Jennifer Alyx (season 1), Molly Searcy (season 2) (English)
The emperor's son with half-god blood, Azuma is the newest student to Class 3-Plum and is currently living in the same dorm room as Miriam. He's clueless about much of the world, and as such, has his power sealed.
A knowledgeable girl from Hexagone Francaise with a small build and a big lance, Adéle Balfette is one of the few retainers for the knights of Musashi
. Her father, a previous retainer, handed down to her his Mobility Shell "Raging Beast".
A little red slime spirit with 3 HP, Nenji is ferociously devoted to Adele.
A laid-back, perverted ninja
excelling in ninjutsu and intelligence, First Special Duty Officer Tenzo Crossunite specializes in close-quarters combat. He prefers blonde-haired, big-breasted women, which he's only too happy to announce. Notably, Tenzo's face is always covered with a scarf, thus his baseball cap with animated eyes are the means to reveal his expressions.
A close-up melee fist-fighter with very little social graces, Noriki constantly works at part-time jobs to help support his enormous family.
Voiced by: Aoi Yuuki
(Japanese), Meg McDonald (English)
A quiet, submissive blind girl who acts as the grounding element for the eclectic cast, Suzu counteracts her blindness with a pair of Magitek
ears, which can "hear" up to 30 kilometers.
A stoic giant whose face is hidden underneath a medieval, crusader-like helmet, Persona mainly uses body language to communicate.
Voiced by: Takashi Kuroda (Japanese), Sam Roman (English)
An aerial-based half-dragon aiming to be an inquisition officer, Second Special Duty Officer Kiyonari Ulquiaga is fully clad in armor. For whatever reason, he claims he's in charge of all the older sister-type characters in Eroge
Voiced by: Eiji Miyashita (Japanese), Chris Hutchison (season 1), David Wald (season 2) (English)
A naked, flamboyant incubus, Kenji's very happy all the time.
Voiced by: Minoru Shiraishi
(Japanese), Andrew Love (season 1), Bryan Leach (season 2) (English)
A member of the Cooking Club, Ginji Ohiroshiki is a self-proclaimed Lolicon
...though not how he would word it
A strange, curry-loving Indian.
Musashi Ariadust Academy - Faculty Members
Voiced by: Taiten Kusonoki (Japanese), George Manley (English)
Musashi Ariadust Academy's principal, Tadatsugu Sakai was one (and often considered the leader) of the Four Divine Matsudaira Kings but got demoted to his position as Musashi's principal due an incident involving the suicide of Lord Motonobu's younger brother for the sake of history recreation. He's something of an old enemy to Pope Innocentius.
Voiced by: Mitsuaki Madono
(Japanese), David Wald (season 1), Justin Doran (season 2) (English)
A noble from Hexagone Francais, Yoshinao serves as both the king of Musashi
and vice-principal of Ariadust Academy. Having agreed to stand against the Testament Union, he appoints Tori and Horizon as viceroys of Musashi, each holding a quarter rule of the city
Class 3-Plum's homeroom teacher at Musashi Ariadust Academy, Makiko is the quintessential Amazon woman: passionate, incredibly strong and loves alcohol.
Voiced by: Ai Shimizu
(Japanese), Elizabeth Bunch (English)
Class 3-Bamboo's homeroom teacher at Horizon Ariadust Academy, Mitsuki Sanyou's class is right next to 3-Plum's, so her students are constantly interrupted by the noise of the shenanigans next door.
The head automaton maid taking care of Musashi
, she is the same-named captain of the eight ships which comprises the city state of Musashi
, commanding a head automaton maid on each one.
Voiced by: Miho Yamada (Japanese), Susan Koozin (English)
The owner of the bakery "Blue Thunder" on Musashi
, she has a very helpful personality. Around a year before the story begins, she took in the unidentified automated doll, P-01s, as an employee.
The Honda Clan
Voiced by: Yuuji Takada (Japanese), Kalob Martinez (season 1), Genevieve Simmons (season 2) (English)
The current representative of the Provisional Assembly on Musashi
, Masanobu Honda is the father of Masazumi.
- Named After Somebody Famous: After the historical one, as names can be handed down through generations in-universe.
- Porn Stache
- Reasonable Authority Figure: While he is often controlling towards his daughter, when she decides to assert herself and her views, possibly destroying the nation in the process, he respects her decision and even sounds a bit proud.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: The blue to Tadakatsu Honda's red, Masanobu is from the administrative branch of the Honda Clan. In contrast to Tadakatsu, he's calm, calculating and collected. Incidentally, they both lost their wives.
Voiced by: Sumi Naomi (Japanese), Mike Yager (English)
Father of Futayo and one of the Four Divine Matsudaira Kings, Tadakatsu's a soldier of remarkable ability, and was once called the "Peerless of the East". He's also the holder of the Divine Arms "Slicing Dragonfly".
- Absurdly Sharp Blade: The Slicing Dragonfly's Normal Activation allows it to cut anything physical reflected by the blade. For greater absurdity, the weapon's Superior Activation is cutting any "concept" that can be imagined by its wielder. In other words, if the user knows his opponent's name, they can effectively erase the latter from existence.
- Blade on a Stick
- Cool Old Guy
- Killed Off for Real
- Named After Somebody Famous: After the historical general from the Warring States period.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: The red to Masanobu's blue, as he's from the Martial/Samurai branch of the Honda Clan, boisterous, a bit rash, and a wicked spear-wielding fighter. Incidentally, he also lost his wife.
- Together in Death: He sees his wife as he dies, and his last words are, "You and I will never be parted again."
An automaton who handles the daily needs of the Honda Clan, Kazuno also serves as Futayo’s fighting instructor. In reality, she's a replication of Tadakatsu's late wife, but also houses her soul
The only daughter of Tadakatsu and Masazumi's second cousin, Futayo is also the head of the Mikawa Security Corps. Because she has only ever received combat training from her father, she's incredibly clueless about the world and easily embarrassed. After Tadakatsu willingly stays behind to die at the Mikawa meltdown, Futayo inherits the Slicing Dragonfly. She's currently enrolled at Musashi Ariadust Academy serving as Vice-Chancellor
Voiced by: Show Hayami
(Japanese), Andy McAvin (English)
The creator of the Armor of Deadly Sins and the ruler of Mikawa. He is responsible for the area's current isolation policy.
Voiced by: Noboyuki Kobushi (Japanese), Sam Roman (English)
A merchant who does business with the Hondas.
K.P.A. Italia's representative, and Pope-President of school K.P.A. Scuola, Innocentinus is both ambitious and dangerous, with hopes to expand power and influence under the pretext of recreating history. He wields the Armor of Deadly Sins "Staseis Porneia".
Voiced by: Tsuyoshi Koyama (Japanese), Jovan Jackson (season 1), Patrick Poole (season 2) (English)
An archdevil who uses the Ptolemaic and Copernican Theories as abilities, Galileo was a former student at K.P.A. Scuola, now graduated and serves as Innocentius' right-hand man.
Muneshige Tachibana (Garcia)
First Special Duty Officer in the academy “Alcalá de Henares” of the Tres España, Muneshige Tachibana is the successor to the Tachibana clan. He wields the Armor of Deadly Sins "Lype Kataslypsi" and is one of the Eight Great Dragon Kings. After being bested by Futayo, Lype Kataslypsi is recovered by her and is in Horizon's possession
- Absurdly Sharp Blade: Like the Slicing Dragonfly, Lype Kataslypsi's Normal Activation is the ability to cut anything reflected by its blade.
- Badass: He managed to hold his own against Honda Tadakatsu for a while until he started to lose. When that happened, he got thrown into an enclosed space with no escape and Tadakatsu's Dragon Fly Cutter about to erase him from existence. Without hesitating, he impales himself on the blade to keep it from reflecting his image and thus killing him. Even if he lost consciousness afterwards, that still took balls of solid rock and he was still able to activate his Lype Kataslypsi's cannon at his target, which by that point he couldn't even see.
- BFS: Lype Kataslypsi, which also doubles as a BFG.
- Elopement: To Musashi at the end of the second season.
- Flash Step
- Happily Married
- Henpecked Husband: Apparently.
- Named After Somebody Famous: After the historical samurai from the Warring States period.
- Wave Motion Gun: Overdrive Activation of the Lype Kataslypsi is a 3-kilometer energy blast.
Wife to Muneshige and the only daughter to the Tachibana clan, Gin Tachibana has a pair of powerful prosthetic arms. She is unaccustomed to the world, and prone to misunderstanding things.
Voiced by: Rie Tanaka
(Japanese), Holland Vavra (season 1), Kalin Coates (season 2) (English)
Queen of Tres España, Juana is one of the Eight Great Dragon Kings and possesses the Armor of Deadly Sins "Akēdia Katathlipsē".
- Anguished Declaration of Love: When Segundo goes to lead the attack on the Musashi, fully intending to die, she cries that she doesn't want him to leave her behind, admitting that she is the girl he saved.
- BFS: Akēdia Katathlipsē
- God Save Us from the Queen!
- Half-Human Hybrid
- Heroic Self-Deprecation: Weaponized by Akēdia Katathlipsē, wherein its Overdrive Activation binds opponents to the part of themselves they dislike the most. This ranges from one's identity to a certain "lack of assets".
- The High Queen
- Masquerade: She is a half-elven girl that Segundo rescued after the battle of Lepanto. She pretended to be a pure blooded elf after being rescued by Segundo, deciding to become the queen to repay him.
- Named After Somebody Famous: Named after the historical Joan of Austria, Princess of Portugal.
- Our Elves Are Different
- Rescue Romance: With Felipe, if the kiss in episode 11 is any indication. And then Gin walks up a few seconds later.....
- What the Hell, Hero? / Get A Hold Of Yourself Man: As Felipe prepares to die on his burning ship, she comes up and yells at him for being unwilling to let go of the past and trying to abandon her by dying, saying she just wishes to help him.
Tres España's "Alcalá de Henares" Student Council President and Chancellor. Despite his high military and political status, Felipe opts to be uninvolved with politics, causing Juana to perform his duties on his behalf while he sweeps the floors of the academy.
The secretary of the school's Student Council. He is the owner of the Testamenta Arma "Crus Temperantia Novum". He is also a famous eroge novelist.
The vice-chancellor of Tres España's "Alcalá de Henares" and head of the school's baseball club. He was killed during the Battle of Lepanto when he was living, and now lives as a ghost. He is also the owner of the Testamenta Arma "Crus Temperantia Vetus".
Voiced by: Masumi Asano
(Japanese), Amy Bruce (season 1), Shannon Hill (season 2) (English)
Second Special Duty Officer in the academy “Alcalá de Henares” of the Tres España, She is also the head of the school's track and field club and the wife of Takakane Hironaka. She was killed during the Battle of Lepanto when she was living, and now lives as a ghost. The owner of the God of War "Michiyuki Byakko".
The current reigning monarch of England and president of Oxford Academy, Elizabeth is a half-fairy and also the president of TRUMPS, the chancellor's board at Oxford.
Voiced by: Yui Horie
(Japanese), Shelley Calene-Black (English)
The student council vice-president of Oxford Academy, William Cecil has an egg-shaped body and likes to participate in eating contests. 10th TRUMP.
The vice-chancellor of Oxford Academy, Robert Dudley is a frail student that causes her to have high blood pressure. 10th TRUMP.
The student council secretary of Oxford Academy, Ben Jonson's an athlete-poet and heads the academy's literary club. 9th TRUMP.
Voiced by: Yuko Sanpei
(Japanese), Clint Bickham (English)
The outward appearance is that of a child, but is actually a protective ghost that houses England’s seal of state. Using his hammer, the “English Seal”, he can make its receiver take on the full weight of England. 8th TRUMP.
Voiced by: Ken Narita
(Japanese), David Wald (English)
The treasurer of Oxford Academy and the owner of the Royal Navy, though he has left its command to Drake, while he simply manages the fleet. 7th TRUMP.
An elven student at Oxford Academy and the most famous writer in England, Thomas Shakespeare has a history with Toussaint. She is the wielder of the Armor of Deadly Sins "Aspida Philargia". 6th TRUMP.
A half-wolf former sea pirate who was given a knighthood because of his attack on Tres España expeditionary ships to the New Continent (Hokkaido) that brought in profits on par with the national budget. 5-1st TRUMP.
Looks like a pervert in racing trunks, but is actually a highly capable independent officer, is partners with Drake, and fights alongside him in wartime. The president of the Boating Club. 5-2nd TRUMP
A mermaid. Often placed in charge of commanding warships due to her Abilities. During wartime, she often serves as Hawkins’ assistant as the Boating Club manager. 5-3rd TRUMP.
A sea pirate, of Scottish descent, and Elizabeth’s friend. She has a sharp tongue, but a deep sense of duty and morality. Her ship handling skills are absolutely top-notch. 4th TRUMP.
A Living Bones. His abilities allow him to manipulate other Living Bones. His manner of speaking is a gloomy kind of energetic. 3rd TRUMP
An automoton and student at Oxford Academy, F. Walsingham can control gravity. 2nd TRUMP.
A Far-Easterner under the service of Elizabeth. Uses a gravity sword. Taciturn, and has never spoken about himself. 1st TRUMP.