- The Chick: The heart of the group.
- Lovable Coward: She's an absolutely normal teenaged girl who keeps getting caught up in battles between literal superhumans. Her best chance for survival is to get out of the way and take cover.
- Put on a Bus: She rarely makes an appearance once the Dark Student Council starts.
- The Bus Came Back: During Ousama Banchou's Banchou Hunt.
- Promotion to Parent: Takes care of her little sister because their parents are overseas.
- Only Sane Man: Reacts to any given event's awesomeness with exasperation from the ridiculousness of the situation.
- Ship Tease: With Akira.
- Supreme Chef: In the Distant Epilogue, she now owns a world-famous pudding shop.
- Boxing Battler: A trained boxer.
- Calling Your Attacks: Killer Blow and Needle Rush.
- Demoted to Extra: Hasn't been seen for a while after being beaten by Iai Bancho.
- The Worf Effect: Loses to Iai Bancho to show how powerful the 23 Bancho were.
- The Cutie
- Kid with the Leash: This adorable tiny girl has the absolute loyalty of Machine Banchou.
- Morality Pet: To Machine Bancho.
- Third-Person Person
- Ax-Crazy: He takes baseball far too seriously, and attacks people who even casually mention a sport other than baseball.
- Batter Up!: Karabi's motif.
- Calling Your Attacks: Karafuri Full Swing and Bunt.
- Cool Mask: That of a catcher.
- Curb-Stomp Battle: Loses to Akira, Rai, and Haruka easily.
- Irony: The fact that he, a baseball enthusiast, is the minion for the Iai Bancho, a traditionalist samurai, is even lampshaded by the author.
- Red Baron: "Homerun" Bancho, even though he isn't one himself.
- Smug Snake: Tries to get Akira to not fight back. It doesn't work out for him.
- Starter Villain: While not a Bancho, he's the first enemy from the 23 District Project that Akira defeats.
- The Worf Effect: Kinda sad if you're beaten by a kindergartener, but his defeat by Haruka plays it straight.
Dr. Kouichirou Kagimiya
- Abusive Parent: To Machine Bancho.
- Big Bad: Of the Machine Bancho arc.
- Evil Genius: Tries to win the project to gain control of Japan, as well as making robotic mooks.
- Four Eyes, Zero Soul
- Giant Robot: uses this◊ once Machine Bancho fails his objective.
- Our Giants Are Bigger: The robot is very big.
- Jerk Ass: Smacks Dr. Tsukina for trying to teach Machine Banchou about empathy.
- Just a Machine: After Machine Bancho proves useless, he calls him a failure.
- Kick the Dog: See Just a Machine for more details.
- Also killing Machine Bancho from behind.
- Mad Scientist: Makes robots for his evil utopian dream.
- Perma-Stubble: He seems to be perpetually unkempt.
- Politically Incorrect Villain: No, Kagimiya, you can't hit women.
- Red Baron: New Machine Bancho.
- Smug Snake: Because of his robot, he thinks he's destined to rule over Tokyo.
- Who's Laughing Now?: His initial motivation for creating Machine Bancho.
- The Big Guy/ The Brute: In Kobushi's gang.
- Huge Guy, Tiny Girl: With Kobushi.
- Our Giants Are Bigger: And he's not even the biggest by a long shot.
- Undying Loyalty: To Kobushi.
Seitaka and Kongara
- Bald of Evil: When they were bad guys.
- Calling Your Attacks: Jindan Chouryou Ben (Human Bullet Domination Whip) and Hanseihou (Soul Searching Violence).
- Kick the Dog: Beat Oyanana up for trying to protect his friends, even though he's manipulated the latter before with his influence.
- Our Giants Are Bigger: Seitaka.
- Those Two Bad Guys/ Those Two Guys: One's very big and one's small.
- Undying Loyalty: To Raionji.
- Character Development: Goes from being a Jerk Ass and Dirty Coward to someone who stands up for his friends, even calling out Nenbutsu.
- Dirty Coward: Prior to his Character Development.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold
- Meaningful Name: "Oya" means parents, which he used relied on to intimidate people before Akira scared it out of him. "Nanahikari" in Japanese is the expression for not being able to shine on one's own, relying on their parent's radiance. Basically, someone whose fame or success is only owed to their powerful parents.
- Smug Snake: Before Akira scared him straight.