- The Chick: The heart of the group.
- Lovable Coward: She's an absolutely normal teenaged girl who keeps getting caught up in battles between literal superhumans. Her best chance for survival is to get out of the way and take cover.
- Put on a Bus: She rarely makes an appearance once the Dark Student Council starts.
- The Bus Came Back: During Ousama Banchou's Banchou Hunt.
- Promotion to Parent: Takes care of her little sister because their parents are overseas.
- Only Sane Man: Reacts to any given event's awesomeness with exasperation from the ridiculousness of the situation.
- Ship Tease: With Akira.
- Supreme Chef: In the Distant Epilogue, she now owns a world-famous pudding shop.
- Calling Your Attacks: Killer Blow and Needle Rush
- Demoted to Extra: Hasn't been seen for a while after being beaten by Iai Bancho
- The Worf Effect: Loses to Iai Bancho to show how powerful the 23 Bancho were
- The Cutie
- Kid with the Leash: This adorable tiny girl has the absolute loyalty of Machine Banchou.
- Morality Pet: To Machine Bancho.
- Third-Person Person
- Ax-Crazy: He takes baseball far too seriously and takes it on people who even casually mention a sport other than baseball
- Batter Up: Karabi's motif
- Calling Your Attacks: Karafuri Full Swing and Bunt
- Cool Mask: That of an umpire
- Curb-Stomp Battle: Loses to Akira, Rai and Haruka easily
- Irony: The fact that he, a baseball enthusiast, is the minion for the Iai Bancho, a traditionalist samurai, is even lamp shaped by the author
- Red Baron: "Homerun" Bancho, even though he isn't one himself
- Smug Snake: Tries to get Akira to not fight back, it doesn't work obviously
- Starter Villain: While not a Bancho, he's the first enemy from the 23 District Project that Akira defeats
- The Worf Effect: Kinda sad if you're beaten by a kindergardener, but his defeat by Haruka plays it straight
Dr. Kouichirou Kagimiya
- Abusive Parent: To Machine Bancho
- Big Bad: Of the Machine Bancho arc
- Evil Genius: Tries to win the project to gain control of Japan, as well as making robotic mooks.
- Four Eyes, Zero Soul
- Giant Robot: uses this◊ once Machine Bancho fails his objective
- Our Giants Are Bigger: The robot is very big
- Jerk Ass: smacks Dr. Tsukina for trying to teach Machine Banchou about empathy
- Just a Machine: after Machine Bancho proves useless, he calls him a failure
- Kick the Dog: See Just a Machine for more details
- Also killing Machine Bancho from behind
- Mad Scientist: Makes robots for his evil utopian dream
- Perma Stubble: Has this
- Politically Incorrect Villain: No Kagimiya, you can't hit women
- Red Baron: New Machine Bancho
- Smug Snake: Because of his robot, he thinks he's destined to rule over Tokyo
- Who's Laughing Now?: His initial motivation for creating Machine Bancho
- The Big Guy/ The Brute: In Kobushi's gang
- Huge Guy, Tiny Girl: With Kobushi
- Our Giants Are Bigger: And he's not even the biggest by a long shot
- Undying Loyalty: To Kobushi
Seitaka and Kongara
- Bald of Evil: When they were bad guys
- Calling Your Attacks: Jindan Chouryou Ben (Human Bullet Domination Whip) and Hanseihou (Soul Searching Violence)
- Kick the Dog: Beat Oyanana up for trying to protect his friends, even though he's manipulated the latter before with his influence
- Our Giants Are Bigger: Seitaka
- Those Two Bad Guys/ Those Two Guys: One's very big and one's small
- Undying Loyalty: To Raionji
- Character Development: Goes from being a Jerk Ass and Dirty Coward to someone who stands up for his friends and even calling out on Nenbutsu's stupidity
- Dirty Coward: Initially before Character Development
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold
- Meaningful Name: Oya means parents, which he used relied on to intimidate people before Akira scared it out of him
- Smug Snake: Initially before his Character Development