Characters: Kinnikuman Nisei
Only list characters who debuted in Kinnikuman Nisei. For all "legend" characters, add entries at the character sheet for the original series.
Seigi/Justice/Idol Choujin (Muscle League in US)
Prince Kinniku Mantarou AKA Kinnikuman II (Kid Muscle in US)
- Betty and Veronica: Rinko (Roxanne) and Jacqueline.
- Book Dumb: Getting scores in the low-to-mid 20's (still a failing grade) was an improvement.
- Contrasting Sequel Main Character: In comparison with his father, Suguru who was more Idiot Hero and a braggart, Mantaro was an even worse coward than he was, but however, he is more battle savvy
- Crouching Moron, Hidden Badass
- Defeating the Undefeatable: Beat Kinnikuman in a match to graduate from the Hercules Factory.
- He and Chaos beat Kinnikuman and Terryman in the Ultimate Choujin Tag Tournament.
- Kevin Mask in the anime. Prior to that, Kevin only lost once because his Big Bang Edge didn't land on the ring in time for the countdown to be stopped. (He was fighting his opponent outside of the ring)
- Determinator: Having the Burning Inner Strength pretty much guarantees this trope.
- Facial Markings: Like his father, he has the kanji 肉 (niku) on his forehead, but it only appears when he's using his Burning Inner Strength.
- Finishing Move: Kinniku Buster, Kinniku Driver, Turn-Over Kinniku Buster, Muscle Millennium, and Muscle Gravity
- Five Moves of Doom: The Iroha Hell Tour (Alphabet Soup-de-Loop in US), three holds chained together.
- Heterosexual Life-Partners: With Seiuchin, especially in the anime.
- Idiot Hero: Arguably dumber than his father.
- Kid Hero: He's 14 at the beginning and is younger than his father when he started wrestling
- Momma's Boy: Violently so. He first achieved Burning Inner Strength when his mother's cooking was dishonored.
- Punny Name: Suguru came up with the name due to Ultraman (whom he is a fan of) having a brother named Ultraman Taro. He then took the name Kinnikuman Tarou and made it Kinniku Mantarou.
- Trademark Favorite Food: Cow and Rice.
Terry The Kid (Terry "The Grand" Kenyon in US)
- Aesop Amnesia: Terry eventually learns to accept his heritage and fight like his father. Unfortunately he has to learn this during nearly every match of his.
- Berserk Button: Comparing him to his father.
- Facial Markings: Has a K on his forehead.
- Generation Xerox: A perception he desperately wants to overcome.
- Hot-Blooded: And how!
- The Lancer
- Shout-Out: His name is clearly a reference to Billy the Kid.
- Wearing a Flag on Your Head: Later in the manga he has a singlet with the American flag on it.
Gazelleman (Dik Dik Van Dik in US)
- Break the Haughty: Was an extremely arrogant jerk when he first appeared, but constant losses took care of it.
- Butt Monkey: Especially in the anime.
- Informed Ability: He got the highest score on the graduation, but his skills don't show it in the ring.
- Throw the Dog a Bone: In an anime-only arc, he actually scores a win.
- The Worf Effect: The only time he won, was during the anime and that was a major Throw the Dog a Bone from the animation staff.
- It gets so bad that he's Demoted to Extra so that Jade can get this treatment
Seiuchin (Wally Tusket in US)
- Aerith and Bob: His parents are named Robert and Suzy and his sister is named Dorothy. Wally suddenly seems a lot more fitting.
- Ax-Crazy: Made this by Neptuneman's Training from Hell.
- Face-Heel Turn: In the Ultimate Choujin Tag Arc thanks to Neptuneman's training to make him a Perfect Choujin.
- Heel Realization: Thankfully as he saw his parents in the past timeline in the audience and decides to fight as a Seigi Choujin but unfortunately later on, Neptuneman and Mammothman immediately ripped his face off after his loss to Warsman.
- Nice Guy
- Throw the Dog a Bone: See Gazelleman's entry.
- The Worf Effect: Interestingly, he is actually aware of this, and is actually proud of being defeated because that let's his friends learn the villains abilities firsthand.
- You Have Failed Me: Courtesy of Neptuneman and Mammothman in the Ultimate Choujin Tag Arc.
- Anti-Villain -> Anti-Hero: Type 3 or 4.
- Boring Invincible Anti-Hero: The guy never lost in the manga. To be fair, he did have earn his win against Mantarou.
- Charlie Brown from Outta Town: Kinnikuman Great IV in the Finals of the Ultimate Choujin Tag Arc.
- Defeating the Undefeatable: Manga only. The ONLY person to successfully defeat Mantarou Kinniku.
- Determinator: Once he gains Maelstrom Power.
- Eleventh Hour Superpower: Maelstrom which is like the Burning Inner Strength!
- Finishing Move: Big Ben Edge/Bash and OLAP.
- Heel-Face Revolving Door: Like Father, Like Son, but it took a lot longer for him.
- Manly Tears: After Mars is killed in the Demon Seed arc.
- Mean Brit: Since the beginning until he goes through Character Development.
- Mr. Fanservice: He's gotten the most fans in and out-verse for this trait.
- Training from Hell: Tends to go through this a lot. Be it from his mentors or self-imposed.
- The Rival: To Mantaro
- Shout-Out: His name is a reference to Kevin Nash. They even share the same height.
Jade (Jaeger in US)
- Finishing Move: Red Rain Of Berlin and Beefcake Hammer.
- Replaces the Red Rain of Berlin with Brocken's Repatriation in the Ultimate Tag arc thanks to Timey-Wimey Ball.
- Tag Team: Super Trinities (with Scarface)
- Token Good Teammate: Out of all of the Generation Ex, he's the least antagonistic of the group especially since Scarface was The Mole for Dmp
- The Worf Effect: He only won once against Dik Van Dik , and was to his worf effect
Dead Signal (Road Rage in US)
- Improbable Weapon User: This guy makes traffic a viable power.
- Knight Templar
- Master of Illusion: Not to the extent of other Chojin with illusory abilities in the series as a whole, but Dead Signal's deserves mention for manipulating the surrounding environment to create the illusion of the foe being hit with cars, trains and other kinds of vehicles.
- Use Your Head: Your head being a rotatable Yield sign means you have a saw for a head.
Clioneman (Hydrozoa in US)
- Balloon Belly: Has the ability to absorb his opponents into his body to drown or crush them with his rib cage, bloating himself up in the process.
- Good Is Not Nice: One of the Choujin intended to replace the current Muscle League; Hydrozoa treats his fights with Wally and Mantarou as if he were fighting any legitimately evil foe. Not to mention he seems creepily excited when he decide to absorb Mantarou.
- Making a Splash
- An Ice Person: He can freeze his arms to create swords and shields, and it's also hinted to be the source of his ability to turn his body into a huge lens.
- Voluntary Shapeshifting: Into various sea creatures.
- Big Damn Heroes: When he saved Dik Dik from Mr. Cheeks and Monsieur French's two-on-one assault.
- Cultured Badass
- Heel-Face Turn: Started out as a villain, but turned to the light side after his defeat.
- Feels No Pain: At first. He overestimates this and forgets that he only doesn't feel pain, but his body still feels the damage and strain from the attacks like any other person, and this comes back to bite him HARD against Mantaro, and is the ultimate reason for his defeat.
- Lack of Empathy: His inability to feel pain drove him to label those who do as "weak."
- One-Winged Angel: Grand Slam
- Training from Hell: Sunshine put him through the most agonising regiment ever, resulting in Check Mate finally blocking out all feelings of pain.
- Villain with Good Publicity
- Voluntary Shapeshifting: Can "chess piece change" from king to knight to castle, or to the "Grand Slam", a combination of all three.
- Would Harm A Child: He elbows a boy who calls him out on his brutal tactics.
Scarface (Eskara in US anime and games) AKA Mars
- Awesomeness by Analysis: Studies trademark moves and reversals of other choujin and improves on them.
- Blood Knight
- Disney Owns This Trope: His Dub Name Change for the US anime and games is probably to avoid copyright issues with the movie of the same name.
- Finishing Move: Ultimate Scar Buster.
- Genius Bruiser
- Heel-Face Revolving Door: Started to revert to his evil ways in the latest arc, but quickly got over it.
- Hoist by His Own Petard: After his Ultimate Scar Buster failed against Ashuraman, the latter picked on Mars' trick to use his legs in a triangle leg lock to make the Kinniku Buster irreversible and unbreakable to perfect his Ashura Buster, which he then proceeds to use on Mars.
- The Mole: The Scarface persona was a disguise so he could enter the Hercules Factory and get revenge for the destruction of the dMp.
- Tag Team: Super Trinities (with Jade)
Ilioukhine (Comrade Turbinski in US)
- It Is Pronounced Tro PAY: The "k" is silent.
- Morality Pet/Morality Chain: Meat. He admits that he used to be absolutely brutal in his fights prior to meeting Meat, and that when Meat stops him from crashing after Kevin Mask throws him off a high-altitude ring, Ilioukhine lets go of his brutality.
- Voluntary Shapeshifting: He can change into any kind of plane to attack his enemies
Barrierfreeman: Nils (Young Body) & Jijioman (Georgioman in US) (Old Body)
Akugyou/Evil Choujin/Demon-Making Plant (dMp)
Tel-Tel Boy (Dialbolic in US)
MAXman (Pumpinator in US)
Rex King (Tyrannoclaw in US)
The Rigani (Cranky Doodle Claw Daddy in US)
- Curb-Stomp Battle: While he does prove a challenge, he's much easier to deal with than Checkmate and Mars
Fork The Giant (Forkolossus in US)
Bone Cold (Lone Bone Cold in US Manga)
- Big Bad
- Eye Patch Of Power
- From Nobody to Nightmare: He's the son of Skullduggery, a very eccentric evil doer who's really bad at succeeding, but he's a certified Hero Killer who kills Meat's father, the only villain to drive Meat completely into the Despair Event Horizon and is much of more of sadistic than even members of the Dmp.
- Hero Killer: He kills Lord Minch
- Ambiguously Evil: At first he cares neither about being good or evil, but after Mantao beats him, he becomes evil for real
- Face-Heel Turn: Of the "Then Let Me Be Evil" variety after realizing he was an evil choujin
- It Is Pronounced Tro PAY: The first "R" is pronounced like an "H" (like Royce Gracie).
- The Mole
- Evil Genius: He gave Mantaro a very hard fight and even defeated his Muscle Millenium. He was then defeated by the Incomplete Muscle Gravity.
- Expy: Of Pentagon and Black Hole since he is a 4D Choujin himself.
- Humanoid Abomination: Due to his nature as a constellation being, he can split himself into two bodies, grow horns, a scorpion tail wings and transform himself into a bear and crab.
- Beard of Evil
- Expy: Of Bikeman.
- Voluntary Shapeshifting: He can turn into a high-speed boat and a motorbike.
Ultimate Choujin Tag Arc characters
- Bad Powers, Good People: It is revealed that there were good Time Choujin in their planet who don't use their time powers for evil and is actually neutral until the Evil Time Choujin, Lightning and Thunder, killed off every one of them but Chaos who escaped.
- Time Master: They can remove their time horns to travel in time, morph their body parts into clock parts, and use their mouthpieces to forward time and heal themselves.
- Time Travel
- Big Bad Ensemble: Similar to the Dream Choujin Tag arc, they had an evil alliance with Neptuneman and Mammothman by the semifinals and all four even worked with Satan to take Kinnikuman out!
- Finishing Move: Death Watch Branding and Prelude To Justice Crumbling
- Hero Killer: They killed Robin Mask in the past which could have got Kevin Mask to not exist but Mantaro and others managed to stop it but Alisa was then the victim instead. They also cut off Brocken Jr.'s arm. They even defeated Neptuneman and Mammothman although the latter abandoned his own partner to be with Kinnikuman Super Phoenix.
- Time Travel: As Time Choujin, they can do this after pulling off their Demonic Time Horns.
- Big Bad: Of the Ultimate Choujin Tag Arc.
- Blade Below the Shoulder: Has both in his true form for his signature attacks.
- Driven to Suicide: When Mantaro and Kevin decides to restore him and Thunder using small pieces of the Competition Bulbs which they were after to become more powerful, Thunder took it but Lightning did not because he didn't want to except pity from the Seigi Choujin. He said while Thunder has his own mother to worry about, Lightning says he has no one that will miss him. So, he jumps into the volcanic Mt. Fuji and perishes into ashes.
- Dying Alone: He decides this fate since he believes no one will miss him and that at least Thunder has his mother that does.
- Healing Factor: He can reverse all the damage he suffered with the same mouthpiece upside down!
- Shape Shifter: He can split his body to avoid attacks.
- Shapeshifter Weapon: He can turn his legs into minute hands for the Death Watch Branding finishing move.
- Spikes of Villainy: His true form has them.
- Time Stands Still: His Acceleration with a special mouthpiece.
- Villainous Breakdown: When Thunder was taken down by Mantaro and Kevin's NIKU->LAP, he didn't took it very well and even kicks down his own partner for it!
- Absurdly Sharp Claws: His left shoulder possesses a large lion's claw when it is used for his Lion's Authority Signature Move.
- Animal Motifs: Lion since is one part of it.
- Bastard Bastard: How he had grown up to be this after finding out about his father raping his mother and ran away from home as the result.
- Even Bad Men Love Their Mamas: Unfortunately, she was scared of him because of the trauma due to his father.
- Healing Factor: Same as Lightning.
- How Much More Can He Take: A lot of Choujin fits this trope, but Thunder stood out. He was thrown into the swords but got back up normally, took a Cross Bomber and lived, accidentally fell victim of his and Lightning's own Death Watch Branding intended for Mantaro and Kevin, then took a NIKU->LAP to finally bring him down, and then somehow... he managed to get back up to stop Mantaro's Muscle Spark from finishing off Lightning! Let's see if Kevin's Big Ben Edge can finally bring him down.
- He is finally defeated along with Lightning but not with Big Ben Edge but the Muscle Kingdom!
- Instrument of Murder: His Shapeshifter Weapon the Legendary Destruction Bell that mentally attack the Seigi Choujins which reminds of their past battles and pain.
- Manly Tears: His reaction to Lightning's suicide.
- Time Stands Still: Like Lightning.
- Zipperiffic: His first outfit and his mask before it was shredded up to reveal his lion mask and his armor.
- Ascended Fanboy: He is a Choujin Otaku who ends up joining Mantaro in the Ultimate Choujin Tag Arc/
- Badass Normal: Subverted since he believed he was a regular human during the tournament until he regain his memories.
- Charlie Brown from Outta Town: Kinnikuman Great III
- Future Badass: He is said to be the one who stopped a wave of Evil Choujin during the time the Seigi Choujin were raising their own children.
- Heroic Sacrifice: He saved Neptuneman from falling into Mt. Fuji only to get fatal burned himself and died eventually as he played with his collected Choujin figures.
- Time Stands Still
- You Killed My Father: To the Five Disasters who are the ones who killed his family and his father Minute Avenir.
Other Ultimate Choujin Tag Arc Characters
The Wailing Ghost Gang
- Mother Russia Makes You Strong: They consider themselves the true representatives of USSR than their fluffy counterparts Hell's Bears who they call Misha. It didn't end well for them as their opponents are NOT as fluffy as they seem and it is NOT just because of this trope.