open/close all folders
Clarence Francis "Kick" Buttowski
Voiced by: Charlie Schlatter
- Acrofatic: He's definitely not as huge as his friend Gunther, but he is drawn pudgy. Yet, he does manage some amazing stunts and maneuvers.
- Awesome Mc Coolname: Well, Awesome McCool Nickname.
- Betty and Veronica: The Archie to Jackie's Betty and Kendall's Veronica, as well as the Betty to Kendall's Archie and Ronaldo's Veronica.
- Brilliant, but Lazy: There a few episodes that show that Kick is actually smart. In "Morning Rush", he did a months worth of homework in one night. He also has an innate grasp of the angles and forces involved in all of his stunts, even if he may not fully realize that those are actually math.
- Butt-Monkey: Becomes a regular gag in Season 2.
- "Biscuits", when things look ominous or after a mishap.
- One point, he says "biscuits with gravy" after the last part of chain of negative revelations.
- Cool Helmet: and we never see him without it
- Determinator: when he has in mind an objective, he'll try anything to reach it.
- Follow in My Footsteps: Both Kick's mother and Kick's grandfather (though we're not sure if it's maternal or paternal grandfather) were both daredevils in their youth as well. And despite the parental grumping about being careful, they're both proud of Kick.
- Heterosexual Life-Partners: With Gunther.
- I Call It "Vera": His skateboard is named Ol' Blue, and his BMX bike, Bonecrusher. And anyone who lives in Mellowbrook would probably attest that although these are sports equipment, they are weaponized when Kick uses them.
- Identical Grandson: Kick looks exactly like his grandpa did when he was younger. Right down to not having a nose.
- Made of Iron: No matter the bone-shattering flubs from his stunts, he's always up in a short time.
- Manly Tears / Not So Stoic: As an occasional response to positive emotions.
- Mundane Made Awesome: he turns EVERYTHING into a stunt show.
- The Napoleon: especially, he's embarassed to be seen buying clothes in a kids' store with his mother.
- The Noseless: Lampshaded in "Wade Against the Machine" and "Garage Banned".
Voiced by: Matt L. Jones
- Beware the Nice Ones: While being nice and innocent, Gunther can be pretty aggressive when pushed too far.
- Big Fun: fat and funny.
- Dude Looks Like a Lady: At least Papercut Peterson mistakes him for a girl.
- Dumb Blonde: Gunther is helpful but easily distracted and confused.
- Fat Best Friend: to Kick.
- Gratuitous Spanish: Usually when he sees a very large animal.
- Hair of Gold, Heart of Gold: He's innocent, a little naive, and has a big heart.
- Heterosexual Life-Partners: With Kick (although the "heterosexual" part is sometimes questionable).
Voiced by: Danny Cooksey
- Alliterative Name: Brad Buttowski
- All Men Are Perverts: "If I do what she wants, maybe she'll do what the Brad wants."
- Big Brother Bully: To Kick.
- Catchphrase: "Yeah, Brad!"
- Chivalrous Pervert: Despite hinted intentions, Brad genuinely cares for and respects pretty much all of the girls he flirts with.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: He appears to be a jerk most of the time, but when he's in love, he's the nicest guy on the planet. He also has quite a few nice moments on his own.
- In "Dead Man's Roller Coaster", he becomes hysterical with guilt after leaving Kick and Gunther alone in the woods at night, and even brings his two goons to help him look for them.
- Laser-Guided Karma: usually, it ends bad for him.
- Took a Level in Jerkass: He has always been a jerk, but he seemed more hostile towards his dad in "The Basement".
Voiced by: Grey DeLisle
- Alliterative Name: Brianna Buttowski.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: Despite being bratty, she loves her brother Kick.
- Laser-Guided Karma: "Stay Cool" double subverts it. She and Kick accidentally destroy the air conditioner and try to keep it a secret. It looks like Kick alone is going to suffer in the end, but Brianna unknowingly loses her suitcase while leaving on a bus for a trip.
- Parental Favoritism: She's her mother's favorite, hands down. At least she thinks so until Honey reveals it's actually Kick. To Brianna's rage.
Voiced by: Emily Osment
- Academic Alpha Bitch: Straight A student and class president, she tends to be bossy and dismissive towards other people.
- The Ace: In "Pinch Sitter", she shows she can sleep, clean, and do algebra at the same time.
- Badass Bookworm: Turns out to be this in “Stuck Together”.
- Belligerent Sexual Tension: With Kick.
- Bizarre Taste in Food: Her favorite food is tuna surprise.
- Betty and Veronica: The Veronica to Jackie's Betty for Kick's Archie, as well as the Archie for Kick's Betty and Ronaldo's Veronica.
- Blonde, Brunette, Redhead: The Blonde to Jackie's Brunette and Scarlet's Redhead.
- Extracurricular Enthusiast: In "Snowpocalypse!" she even had her dad make a call to keep the school open on a snow day.
- First-Name Basis: She's the only one to consistently call Kick by his real name.
- Gasshole: A closet case example, but quite proud of it in private.
- Hidden Depths: "Hand in Hand" shows that Kendall is not only perfectly capable of keeping up with Kick in stunts, but is just a flatulent as Gunther.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: She may be an annoying girl on her first episodes, but after, we saw she is not that bad.
- Missing Mom: Her mother never appears on the show. According to Word of God this is because her mother lives in another city, possibly meaning her parents are divorced.
- Nerds Love Tough Schoolwork: It was the snow day episode that sealed it.
- Sympathetic Inspector Antagonist: Despite her Jerkass tendencies, she sometimes comes across as this, especially in "Pinch Sitter". It helped that Kick was being a Manipulative Bastard at the end of the episode.
- Your Cheating Heart: Kendall is technically cheating on Ronaldo with Kick, with her multiple moments of flirting with and kissing him while still officially dating Ronaldo. It's mostly not portrayed as a bad thing, however, since earlier episodes established that it's Kick she's always had her eye on.
Voiced by: Eric Christian Olsen
- Basement-Dweller: Until "Live-in-Wade", he lived in his stepmother's basement. Of course, she lived in a trailer, so her "basement" was just a ditch she parked over. Wade didn't seem to mind.
- Blinding Bangs: When not wearing a hat.
- Brilliant, but Lazy: "Wade Against The Machine" shows he wouldn't have any trouble advancing up the corporate ladder (precisely because he's so fun-loving), but he has much more fun at his regular job than in an office.
- Eye-Obscuring Hat: He has a knit cap that covers up his eyes.
- Fun Personified: Kick and Gunther think of him as this.
"Wacky" Jackie Wackerman
Voiced by: Maria Bamford
- Abhorrent Admirer: To Kick.
- Betty and Veronica: The Betty to Kendall's Veronica for Kick's Archie.
- Blonde, Brunette, Redhead: The Brunette to Kendall's Blonde and Scarlet's Redhead.
- I'm Your Biggest Fan: much to Kick's dismay.
Voiced by: John DiMaggio
Voiced by: Mindy Sterling
- Evil Redhead: It's hard to see, but she's is red haired.
- The Starscream: To Principal Henry in "Detained".
Voiced by: Roz Ryan
- Catch-Phrase: “Mmm-Hmm”. It’s even on her license plate.
Magnus and Helga
Voiced by: Clancy Brown (Magnus); April Winchell (Helga)Gunther’s parents
- Badass Beard: Magnus sports one.
- Compressed Hair: Exaggerated in "Sleepover" when one of Gunther's mom's pigtails is undone and it fills the entire house.
- Crazy-Prepared: Magnus keeps oars in his car in case of traffic jams. Which isn't half as crazy as the fact that it actually works.
- Flower in Her Hair: Helga.
- Girlish Pigtails: Helga.
- Large Ham: they're vikings after all.
- No Indoor Voice: Magnus.
- Norse by Norsewest: Their country of origin.
- Real Men Wear Pink: Magnus wears warrior kilts. And fish diapers, apparently. Don’t ask.
- Took a Level in Jerkass:
- Magnus. After what he put his son through in "Free Gunther", it's hard to like him at all.
- Helga as well. Their relationship is probably on the verge of collapsing after how she yelled at Magnus at the end of "Free Gunther" about how she doesn't have enough attention paid to her by her husband.
- Brad's Room is proof of how Magnus and Harold aren't really close friends, if at all.
- Voiced by: Richard Steven Horvitz
Voiced by: Simon Helberg
- Betty and Veronica: The Veronica to Kick's Betty for Kendall's Archie.
- Love Makes You Dumb: When Kendall is involved, his intellect tends to take a hike. Kick has used this to his advantage more than once.
- The Rival: To Kick.
- Trademark Favorite Food: Pretzel rods.
Voiced by: Alyssa Milano
- Birds of a Feather: With Kick.
- Blonde, Brunette, Redhead: The Redhead to Kendall's Blonde and Jackie's Brunette.
- Fashionable Asymmetry: Her sweater has one green sleeve and one green and purple striped sleeve.
- Third-Option Love Interest: Arguably.
Voiced by: Tom Kenny
Harold and Honey Buttowski
Voiced by: Brian Stepanek (Harold); Kari Wahlgren (Honey)
- Action Mom: Honey used to be quite the daredevil herself and she's still got it as shown in "Kickin' Genes".
- The Big Guy / Bumbling Dad: Harold.
- Career-Ending Injury: Honey ended her career as a speedboat stunt-woman because she tore her tendanacious ligamental flexor. Kick encourages her to try again years later, but the injury flares up at a plot appropriate moment.
- Hartman Hips: Honey.
- I Call It "Vera": They named their cars Monique and Antonio respectively.
- Parents as People: Sometimes Doting Parent, sometimes Parental Neglect.
- The Smart Girl: Honey again.
- Took a Level in Jerkass:
- Honey again. Her marriage with Harold is on the verge of collapsing as well, after seeing some scenes of her talking down to Harold, especially in "Brad's Room". And that's not the only time...
- Harold's not off the hook either after refusing to help rebuild his son's room in "Brad's Room".
Horace and Pansie
Voiced by: Greg Cipes (Horace); Harland Williams (Pansie)
- Big Brother Bully: Pansie is Mouth's older brother and treats him the way Brad treats Kick.
Voiced by: Will ForteKick's greatest rival when it comes to stunt biking.
- Alliterative Name: Gordon Gibble.
- Beauty Is Bad: Possibly the best looking guy in the show. One of the biggest jerks in the show to boot!
- Book Dumb: Outside of stunt biking, he's generally incompetent at all things. He also regularly proves how incapable he is of Snark-to-Snark Combat.
- Cheaters Never Prosper: Well, not in the long run, anyway.
- Embarrassing Middle Name: Gertrude.
- Peek-a-Bangs: Of the "deception" variety.
- Rich Bitch: A rare male version.
The DiPazzi Twins
Voiced by: Sandro CorsaroGordon's mooks
- Early-Bird Cameo: They made a brief appearance in an episode that aired before Gordie’s first appearance.
- I Owe You My Life: Kick saves their lives in "Meathead Justice" and feel indebted to him, so they abandon Gordon for him. Their help is extremely questionable, so Kick tries to find a way to make them go away.
- Identical Twin ID Tag: One of them is cross-eyed.
Hush and Razz
Voiced by: Tony Hawk (Hush); Ken Hudson Campbell (Razz)
Voiced by: Ed O'Neill (as an adult), Charlie Schlatter (as a child in flashback)
- Generation Xerox: As a child, he looks like Kick, pulls off complicated stunts, and has an obsessive fan.
- The Noseless: Averted with his older self; played straight with his younger self. It's lampshaded.
Voiced by: Emmanuelle Chriqui