open/close all folders
Debuted in Shimakaze, Girl of the Whirlwind
Ensign Akai Seiichiro
The viewpoint character of the Shimakaze manga, Akai is a junior officer recently transferred to the Maizuru Naval Base. Despite his training as a lecturer, his new post at the base is to be the assistant of the officer-in-charge there, and he has little to no experience interacting with the Navy's secret weapons, the fleet girls, who are based at Maizuru. As his encounters with both Asashio and Shimakaze show, he has a lot of trouble seeing them as weapons instead of people.Meta-wise, Akai represents players who visualize their Admirals being male.
Vice-Admiral Aosaki Sumire
The commanding officer of the the Maizuru Naval Base, and Akai's boss. Sumire is well aware of the gravity of her task and the responsibilities she's been forced to put on the girls under her command, but she also makes sure to keep these concerns where they should be: in the office. When she's off-duty, however, she seems to be a pleasant person.Meta-wise, Aosaki represents players who visualize their Admirals as female.
- Colorful Theme Naming: Her name has the character for "blue" in it.
- Meganekko: Her glasses make her look more at home in an office as the character of reason she is.
- Reasonable Authority Figure: While she's serious about her duty, she also understand that, in the end, her charges are also young women and girls, and so she gives them enough leeway with regards to their emotions. However, her tolerance for B.S. has its limits, as evidenced by how she promptly throws both Asashio and Shimakaze into the brig when they quarrel with each other during training.
Debuted in Kantai Collection: The Movie
Voiced by: Sumire Uesaka (Japanese)An Abyssal who looks exactly like Fubuki and only appears near the end of The Movie. As it turns out, she is actually Fubuki's Abyssal half.
- Battle in the Center of the Mind: Fubuki confronted her in what appears to be a ship graveyard.
- Big Bad: Despite appearing only after Fubuki reached the Dark Portal in Ironbottom, her influence is the main cause of the crimson sea's emergence.
- Cooldown Hug: Her confrontation with Fubuki ended this way and she's on the receiving end of this.
- Evil Counterpart: Of Fubuki. In fact, she and Fubuki are the same person.
- Evil Knockoff: Again, of Fubuki. Since she IS Fubuki's Abyssal half, it does make sense.
- Flower Motifs: Red spider lilies, hence her namesake.
- Green-Eyed Monster: Is jealous of Fubuki for being able to escape the Vicious Cycle of both Ship Girls and Abyssals.
- Humanoid Abomination: Arguably, she's among the most human-looking Abyssals save for the horns and her monstrous left arm.
- Straw Nihilist: Believes that sunken ships are meant to be "forgotten, glossed over, and then disappear" like piles of scrap. Fubuki proves her wrong otherwise.
- White Hair, Black Heart: Just like the Demons and Princesses.