Playable CharactersThe playable kanmusu can be found in the following sheets, categorized by naval classes:
- Kantai Collection One: Covers the Destroyers of Kamikaze, Mutsuki, Fubuki, Ayanami, Akatsuki, Hatsuharu, and Shiratsuyu-class.
- Kantai Collection Two: Covers the Destroyers of Asashio, Kagerou, Yuugumo, Akizuki, and Shimakaze-class.
- Kantai Collection Three: Covers the Light and Heavy Cruiser classes.
- Kantai Collection Four: Covers the Battleship, (Light) Aircraft Carrier, Submarine classes as well as Auxiliary Vessels.
- Kantai Collection Five: Covers the non-IJN ships (from the IJA, as well as from foreign navies).
Non-playables and Miscellaneous
- Kantai Collection Six: Covers enemy factions of the game; the Abyssal Fleet, permanent antagonist, and Enemy!Mist Fleet, Christmas 2013 Event antagonist.
- Kantai Collection Other Official Works: Covers characters that are introduced via one of the printed media, like the manga or light novels.
Rashinban Musu / Compass Girl
- The Dreaded: Every Admiral is at the mercy of the compass. Pray that the compass fairies don't send your fleet into a dead end after a series of hard fought battles.
- Four-Temperament Ensemble: The four Compass Fairy fit this, even with their limited script.
- Sanguine: The one with a chick. Her face in permanent X3, she talks in Motor Mouth, and she's always trembling with excitement every time she spins the compass.
- Choleric: The one dressed like a witch. The most noticeable of the four, dressed gaudily even for the fairy's standard but her speech bubbles always filled with tad bit of trivia.
- Melancholic: The one with hairclip. Doesn't really stand out, but most hard-working. Ambivalent of anything.
- Phlegmatic: The green-haired one. Always looks sleepy, doesn't talk much, and even that she's pretty apathetic.
- Badass Adorable: They man every piece of equipment and pilot every plane in the game. And they are cuter than a box of kittens.
- The Greatest Story Never Told: Very rarely appear in media, despite being essentially crew of the ships/pilots/maintenance personnel.
- Fairy Companion: For the ship girls. due to them manning and operating all the equipment on behalf of the shipgirls. In some fanworks they tend to follow around the girls in day to day activities as well.
- Loads and Loads of Characters: every equipment type has a unique fairy sprite note . Currently there are well over 150 equipment fairies, plus construction workers and NPC's.