Characters / Kamen Rider Faiz
Takumi Inui/Kamen Rider Faiz/Wolf Orphnoch
Portrayed by: Kento Handa
A snarky, brutish delinquent whom Mari came across by chance while chased by Orphenochs. He becomes the primary user of the Faiz Gear, and the one best-suited to using its multiple functions. Later revealed to be the Wolf Orphenoch.
- 555: Obviously. It's a pun on "Phi", "Fives" and "Faiz."
- Hilariously enough, 555 is a possible emergency number for Japan, meaning that every time he transforms he's literally dialing an emergency phone number for help... from himself.
- The Aloner: At first.
- Blood Knight: Mild example, he grew to enjoy being Faiz.
- Boomerang Bigot: He had a time of wanting to kill all Orphnochs despite being one himself. This can be justified, every Orphnoch he met was either killing everyone around him, or was in their human form the entire time. Not to mention the fact that he hated his Orphenoch transformation due to misunderstandings.
- Brought to You by the Letter Phi
- Catch Phrase: Not in the series, but his speech showing just how serious he is about protecting people has become iconic to him, having him declare it in many crossovers and game appearances.
I don't have dreams. But you know, I can protect them.
- Character Tic: His wrist flick, which he uses to either taunt opponents, start a battle or signal that he's about to do something awesome. He also kneels before every kick finishernote , and only uses Flying Side Kicks (The iconic Rider Kick style) for his kick finishers. These allow the viewers to know that it's Takumi wearing the suit and not anyone else.
- Deadpan Snarker: He even says it in his nature to be sarcastic.
- Deal with the Devil: He joins Lucky Clover to get Smart Brain to save Mari.
- Death Seeker: When he was tricked into thinking he attacked the Ryusei School reunion, he actively tries to get Kiba to kill him.
- Played straight again in Kamen Rider Taisen, where due to not being able to save Kusaka and his friends, he wonders if he deserves to live.
- Completely inverted in Kamen Rider Yongou, where he ACTUALLY died during his series' ending. Due to being revived again, he wants some way to have everyone live, thus creating the time loops. In the end, even if he doesn't want to die again, Takumi destroys the time alteration machine.
- Defrosting Ice King: At the beginning of the series, he was as rude as possible and tried to distance himself from Mari and Keitaro, only living at Keitaro's house as he was forced too. As the series goes on, he's noticeably less aggressive and more involved with his friends.
- Everything's Even Worse With Sharks: Aside from the Phi and Wolf motifs, Faiz has this as a secondary motif. This is revealed in the Kamen Rider Decade Net Movies, and can be seen in the little fangs on his mouthplate.
- Face–Heel Turn: He had done this twice after he revealed his Orphnoch form in the series and again in a brief moment during the Kamen Rider Taisen incident.
- Heel–Face Turn: After he resolves to become the main wearer of the Faiz Gear once again.
- Fake Memories: In the movie.
- Finishing Move: Whenever Faiz inserts a Mission Memory into his gear and presses Enter on the Faiz Driver, he executes an "Exceed Charge" finisher.
- Crimson Smash: A Rider Kick that manifests as a red drill piercing the Orphnoch.
- Axel Crimson Smash: A variant augmented by the Super Speed of Axel form.
- Blaster Crimson Smash: Another variant with increased power from Blaster form.
- Grand Impact: A Rider Punch with the Faiz Shot.
- Axel Grand Impact: A variant augmented with Super Speed.
- Sparkle Cut: A Rider Slash that powers up the Faiz Edge, traps the enemy with a Sword Beam and finishes it off with a powerful slice.
- Faiz Blaster Sword Mode: "Photon Breaker", which coats the Faiz Blaster in Photon Blood energy for a powerful slash.
- Faiz Blaster Gun Mode: "Photon Buster", which shoots out a massive beam from the Faiz Blaster.
- The Hero
- Heroic B.S.O.D.: Twice, once when he is rescued by Yuka. After he finds out that she is an Orphnoch, and questions if other Orphnoch aren't complete monsters, making him unable to fight. He gets over it, as he realizes that he should only attack those attacking humans. The second time is when he couldn't protect Mari from Sawada, causing her death. This is only further when he is forced to transform in front of his friends and have them be scared of him for a few episodes. It got worse again, when he was tricked into thinking he attacked the Ryusei School reunion, causing him to be a Death Seeker.
- Hour of Power: Axel Form only lasts for ten seconds before Faiz reverts to normal.
- Hunter of His Own Kind: Takumi is actually the wolf Orphenoch.
- Ineffectual Loner: Tries several times to get away from Mari and the rest throughout the first arcs and throughout the series out of both being very antisocial and due to a misguided sense of protecting others, but it doesn't work. As it turns out, this is because he was afraid of hurting people and himself when their relationship inevitably ends.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold
- Jerkass Façade: It is later revealed he acts the way he does as he is scared of himself. And attempts to isolate people, so he can't hurt them.
- The Kirk
- Law of Chromatic Superiority: Not only is he the main Rider with Red as a notable secondary color, his Super Mode Blaster Form drives it home by flooding his suit with red Photon Blood.
- Leitmotif: "Double Standard", which describes his situation before the series and thanks to Mari, how much it's changed since he now has something to live for.
- Meaningful Name: "Inui" contains the character for "dog" (Takumi is the Wolf Orphenoch.)
- Memetic Hand Gesture: His signature wrist flick, which displays both his refined, hi-tech aesthetic and identifies him. Whether he's wearing the Faiz or Delta Gears, you'll know it's him by that little flick.
- Mid-Season Upgrade: Axel Form
- Multiform Balance
- Jack-of-All-Stats: Faiz Form. Also this among the three Rider Gears, as the Faiz gear is the least powerful, but has multiple functions plus is the least likely to kill you off quickly.
- Lightning Bruiser: Axel Form
- Super Mode: Blaster Form
- Protagonist Power-Up Privileges: The reason he got Axel form was Kusaka gave him the device, for some reason. He only activated Blaster Form as he was mailed the Faiz Blaster.
- The Call Knows Where You Live: Refused to have anything to do with the Mari in the beginning, but several unintended encounters with Orphenochs and the belt being stolen and used by someone later, finally decides to assume the role of Faiz after seeing just how important that duty was, swearing to prevent it from being stolen.
- The Snark Knight: Very heavily. He's very apathetic towards everyone on the surface, but he's afraid of becoming close to people. When the time comes, despite his cynicism, he'll always do what he thinks is right.
- Transforming Mecha Auto-Vaijin, his Cool Bike which not only looks cool and goes fast, but also houses all of his gear and can even transform into a Mini-Mecha in a pinch.
- Artificial Stupidity: Due to the fact that its only priority is "Protect Mari" it initially doesn't do a very good job at protecting TAKUMI. It eventually becomes a reliable ally to him even performing a Heroic Sacrifice in the finale of both the series and the movie.
- Cool Bike: Vehicle Mode.
- Gatling Good: Fires bullets rapidly from its front wheel.
- Mini-Mecha: Battle Mode.
- The Slacker: He notes he has no dream and just wants to travel around. After ten episodes worth of Character Development, he takes this slacker attitude in a very positive direction.
Takumi: You know, I don't have dreams. But I can protect the dreams of others.
- Super Speed: Axel Form
- Tsundere: A good case can be made for him. He is pretty snarky to everyone, but it's only a Jerkass Façade because he's scared of hurting people. He grows nicer to his friends as the series goes on.
- Weapon of Choice
- Wolf Man: Well, a humanoid wolf as the Wolf Orphnoch.
Yuji Kiba/Horse Orphnoch/Kamen Rider Orga
Portrayed by: Masayuki Izumi
- Redemption Equals Death
- Trauma Conga Line: Holy. The first episode alone, has him being getting into a car accident putting him in a coma for 2 years. Then dying and reviving as an Orphnoch. He then finds, one his parents are dead, two he's homeless as his uncle sold his house, and that his uncle is corrupt. Three his girlfriend moved on and is dating his cousin, and his cousin tells him this in the most jackass way possible. Then he finds out his girlfriend was a Bitch in Sheep's Clothing the whole time.
Masato Kusaka/Kamen Rider Kaixa
Portrayed by: Kohei Murakami
A man whose one purpose in life is Mari's love
, and he'll do anything to have it
. Since all our heroes are quite close to Mari, this causes... problems
, not helped by the fact that even without that he's an unrepentant jerkass
. The primary user of the Kaixa Gear.
- All Love Is Unrequited: He was in love with Mari since childhood, she never knew till he flat out told her. And at the end she seemed more interested in Kiba and later Takumi. This doesn't end well for him.
- Anti-Hero: Verily, because of his backstabbing, scheming tendencies causing SO MANY problems. People are somehow unable to see how much of an ass he is despite this. Because his hatred is against the Orphenoch, he's a Designated Hero by virtue of being against the antagonists and monsters, yet even THAT falls flat on its face when he refuses to see the human side of Orphenochs even when some are genuinely good people, including Takumi himself.
- Brought to You by the Letter Chi
- Character Tic: Wiping his hands with hand wipes when out of Gear, or wiping his hands when in Gear. Takumi lampshades it and snarks if Kusaka is a germaphobe. It's a compulsion Kusaka developed after he imagined he had spilled blood on the night of the Ryusei School reunion.
- Occasionally, he'll also adjust his collar while transformed.
- All his Rider Kicks are double dropkicks.
- Cool Sidecar: Side Basshar, as the name would suggest.
- Declaration of Protection: Towards Mari, he reacts with extreme violence if he thinks you are planning to do anything to her. Or be next to be.
- Died in Your Arms Tonight: How Kusaka died in the retcon of his death in Heisei Rider Vs Showa Rider Kamen Rider Wars Featuring Super Sentai.
- Fantastic Racism: Towards Orphnoch.
- Finishing Move
- Hate Sink: And then some. He's not the villain, after all.
- Jerk With A Heart Of Jerk: While his predecessors and many successors in the Secondary Rider line are more of Jerks With Gold Hearts, he's so far the first of said category to be a full blown Jerkass, followed by Mitsuzane Kureshima (the latter is more of a Tertiary Rider). Curiously, Mitsuzane shared many traits with him.
- Karmic Un-Death: In the Faiz novel, his stalkerish behavior towards and rape of Mari gets paid back by Kiba literally ripping him limb-from-limb and his getting "taken in" by his own Stalker with a Crush, Saya Kimura, very much in the fashion of Misery.
- Love Makes You Crazy
- Manipulative Bastard: Good lord, he for a time had everyone around his thumb. Even at his death, Keitaro and Mari didn't completely understand how much of a bastard he was.
- Oedipus Complex: He once said to Takumi that Mari could become his mother. He even later grows to hate his step father.
- The Only One Allowed to Defeat You: Sees Takumi mainly as this.
- Out-of-Character Moment: Gave Takumi the Axel Watch for absolutely no reason stated, though it's likely that he didn't care either.
- Retcon: His death in Heisei Rider Vs Showa Rider Kamen Rider Wars Featuring Super Sentai.
- Reverse Grip: Wields the Kaixa Blaygun this way. Justified, as the blade is uni-directional and the gun barrel is away from the traditional sword edge.
- Slasher Smile: Exhibit A◊
- Smug Snake
- The Sociopath: He cares little of anyone's feelings. He states battle is nothing but a test to him.
- The Spock
- Tall, Dark and Snarky
- Transforming Mecha: Side Basshar.
- Weapon of Choice
- Villain Protagonist: He might be fighting against the Orphnoch, but he is a complete bastard. Attempting to taking Takumi's place in Mari's heart, or really ANYONE'S place in Mari's heart.
- Yandere: He gets violently jealous of anyone close to Mari.
Shuji Mihara/Kamen Rider Delta
Portrayed by: Atsushi Harada
The primary user of the Delta Gear.
Portrayed by: Yuria Haga
- Back from the Dead: Twice!
- Determinator: She has her moments. Like trying to transform to Faiz despite knowing it won't work.
- Dude Magnet: She has three people after her. Kusaka and Sawada have loved her since childhood. While Kaido gets a crush on her as well. Based on extent that Takumi is willing to go for her, he probably likes her as well.
- Horrible Judge of Character: It actually cost her life once.
- Leitmotif: "Kaban" (Bag), which is about her entrusting her future to Takumi.
- Oblivious to Love: She never knew Kusaka and Sawada liked her since childhood, despite everyone else seemed to know.
- Rebel Leader: In the movie.
- Say My Name: To Takumi, quite often.
- Tsundere: Type B, towards Takumi.
Portrayed by: Ken Mizorogi
His family runs a dry cleaning service and he houses some of the crew.
- Allergic to Evil: Well, not quite "evil". The instances where he sneezes and says he's allergic to people with "bad hearts"? There's an Orphnoch nearby. Yes, that applied to Takumi the first time they met as well.
- Butt Monkey: A character staple by Toshiki Inoue.
- For Happiness: The philosophy behind why he cleans clothes, and everything else.
- Nice Guy
- Non-Action Guy
- Refused by the Call: Tried to use the Faiz belt once. Being a normal human, it rejected him.
- Took A Levelin Badass: In the movie where he gets a chance to transform into Kaixa and defeat an Orphnoch.
Naoya Kaido/Snake Orphnoch
Portrayed by: Mitsuru Karahashi
Yuka Osada/Crane Orphnoch
Portrayed by: Yoshika Kato
Teruo Suzuki/Arch Orphnoch
Portrayed by: Kayako Watanabe (child), Shun Kobayashi (shadow), Hiroshi Yanaka (Arch Orphnoch's voice)