open/close all folders
The Gray Family
- Adorkable: When she's flustered by the attention of the opposite sex... which leads her once to declare that she is done with men. ...it doesn't stick.
- Brainy Brunette:I'm smart — I went to freaking Harvard!
- Reasonable Authority Figure: To the kids and parents whose fates she decides in court.
- "The Reason You Suck" Speech: Amy employs these regularly in putting down unruly lawyers and the like in court.
- Socially Awkward Heroine: Amy, as lampshaded jokingly by David: "No, it's because you're crazy."
- Tsundere: Poor David...
- Adorkable: As with her daughter, when flustered by the attention of the opposite sex.
- Pursue the Dream Job: He wants to be a writer. He's writing but struggling in the first episodes, but lands a publishing deal for his book of short stories. He also teaches a creative writing class.
Kyle Mc Carty
Bruce van Exel
- The Confidant: For Amy, to the point where he sometimes gets more information than he wants (particularly regarding her boyfriends).
- Genius Ditz: Oh so much.
Lily Reddicker, M.D.
David Mc Claren
- Byronic Hero: Carries definite shades of this.
- Insistent Terminology: Say it with him: landscape designer. (As opposed to gardener.)