Characters: JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Abridged
open/close all folders
OVA - Jotaro and company
- Awesome Mc Cool Name: Though Star Platinum is a pretty cool name, he still wanted to call his stand "Super Mega Ninja Galvatron Deluxe".
- Badass: Despite the abridged series being quirky as hell, he's every bit as badass as in the manga.
- Determinator: He refuses to pull a tacky inspirational Inner Monologue during his fight with Dio, and so has to fight him without pause. When Dio drops an oil tanker on him, he forces himself to continue punching at it and doesn't stop until he hits a gas line and it explodes on top of him.
- Feel No Pain: He doesn't seem to even know what pain IS.
- Genius Ditz: Abridged!Jotaro isn't that bright most of the time. However, he tricked both Enya and D'Arby, and he spent a good thirty seconds messing with Kakyoin regarding the pronunciation of Hierophant Green; similarly, he trolls Dio into gaying it up for a minute with a single well-placed question. In general, he's also the quickest to solve problems. He may or may not have Obfuscating Stupidity.
- Hello, Insert Name Here: Subverted. He's able to name his stand in the same manner as characters from early Final Fantasy games, but he seems annoyed over the fact that the writers made him name it "Star Platinum".
- New Powers as the Plot Demands: As a throwback to a joke from an early episode, the finale reveals he can read minds. Though he has no clue when he was first able to do it.
- The "power" in question may stem from a lack of mouth animations Antfish had at his disposal for the scene, forcing him to come up with some explanation for why no one's mouth was moving.
- Noodle Incident: "The blood donation from hell" in episode 1. The introductiory interview video for the series clarifies a little more.
- Apparently, Dio wasn't the only one who exploded when he killed him with his Jotaro Punch, mentioning that it always happens when he uses it.
- Screw Destiny: Joseph believed Jotaro could take Dio only if he completed his Shonen Hero Monologue. He refused, and still kicked Dio's ass.
Muhammad "Avdol" Rafiki Shazir
OVA - Dio and his underlings
- Big Bad
- Camp... something: He seemed interested in Power Girl during his auditions for a new recruit, but he was also not aroused at the slightest after taking Erina's first kiss.
- Dangerously Genre Savvy: He was going to decapitate Jotaro with a stop sign even after Jotaro stopped his breathing and heartbeat and soiled himself to convince Dio he was dead.
- Dystopia Justifies the Means: After dropping the oil tanker on Jotaro, Dio begins saying that he'll Take Over the World, turning it into a virtual hell on earth.
- Even the Guys Want Him: Just ask N'Doul.
- Evil Brit: Well, he was British in the original source, so the accent is probably deliberate.
- Famous Last Words: "My only regret is I never got to say Wrr--"
- No Celebrities Were Harmed: He's very obviously supposed to sound like Tim Curry, which is viciously lampshaded in the Comment Special.
- Unexplained Recovery: In the "Epilouge" special, he's back, alive and well, despite exploding and being tossed into the sea. And even made a device that views alternate realities in the process.
Dio: I got better.
- Verbal Tic: Refers to himself as "I, Dio". This in turn is a reference to the fact that in the Manga Dio's dialogue could be roughly translated as "this Dio".
- Villainous Breakdown: Briefly loses it when he learns that Star Plantinum can stop time.
- Insult Backfire: Pulls this on Avdol when he makes a crack about 9/11:
Avdol: GO! FUCK YOURSELF! D'Arby:
Oh, but I did
, good sir! I did
fuck myself. And do you know when I did it? 9/11. Avdul:
- Politically Incorrect Villain: He's pretty clearly racist against Muslims, since he often pushes Avdol's Berserk Button regarding Muslim stereotypes and 9/11.
- Ragin' Cajun: Well, he has the accent at least.
- Verbal Tic: He has a tendency to stretch out his long o's like "good" or "would". Even when he's having a mental breakdown.
OVA - Others
Drawn & Voiced by LordQuadros
Phantom Blood - Main Cast
Voiced by Antfish
- Adaptational Badass/Adaptational Wimp: A bit of both, oddly.
- In the original, young Jojo was incredibly strong, athletic, and a good boxer; Dio just happened to be even more skilled. Abridged!young Jojo only throws a single good punch when enraged, and is otherwise a complete pushover and a bit of a sissy.
- However, come the second episode, Jonathan seems to have mostly gotten over his inadequacies and in a clear display of strength casually backhands Dio through a railing off a balcony after NOT reacting when Dio sucker punches him, and Dio seems downright intimidated. In the anime, Jonathan had to tap into Unstoppable Rage and took about twice as long to knock Dio down.
- Calling Your Attacks: Yellow Wall Ripple Overdrive!
- Characterization Marches On/Vocal Evolution: In the comment special, his voice was Mickey Mouse-level high pitched.
- As of the anime abridgement, he's also Antfish's most realistically (or rather, least caricatured) voiced character yet.
- Cloudcuckoolander: If his Insane Troll Logic is anything to go by.
- Combat Pragmatist: Quite frequently attacks people or runs away while they're busy talking.
- Good Old Ways: In a sense, given that he's a Nice Guy who's mannerisms and values are relatively appropriate for his time, while all the other guys his age are douchebags who embrace 21st century memes.
- Innocently Insensitive: Nonchalantly tells Dio he heard his parents are dead.
- Insane Troll Logic: Believes homosexuals cause typhoons and Batman and Jesus are one and the same, and that science will eventually prove it.
- In the Blood: He retroactively establishes that Joseph's Insane Troll Logic and Jotaro's complete ignorance of the concept of pain were inherited from Jonathan.
- The Juggernaut: The sound effect of Jonathan approaching is that of a freight-truck.
- Mad Libs Catch Phrase: "Sweet [famous British person]!"
- Mr. Fanservice: He definitely seems to attract fangirls In-Universe.
- Nice Guy: In a departure from JJBATAS heroes, he has next to no asshole-moments.
- Quintessential British Gentleman: Constantly reminds people that he's a gentleman. It's why Erina falls in love with him, and why Speedwagon dedicates himself to Jonathan.
- Spoiled Sweet: Although he's a bit oblivious at times.
- Suspiciously Specific Denial: The end of his not quite accurate recollection of the boxing match against Dio.
Jonathan: And neither of us went to our beds crying.
- Talk to the Fist: To Dio, albeit done accidentally since he was monologuing internally on both occasions, in episodes 2 and 3.
Dio: Never leave yourself open, Jona—
Jonathan tackles Dio through a railing
Dio: Seriously? Let me finish my sentences!
Voiced by Antfish
- Berserk Button: Don't talk shit about his man-cats.
- Blatant Lies: When asked if he's seen Danny the dog recently. Cut to a frightened Danny trapped in the incinerator.
- He later has Danny fed to an unsuspecting Jonathan, who is visibly shocked.
- Call Back: His briefly being haunted by the ghost of David Carradine references an earlier joke Dio made about Carradine "dying during his research.
- Call Forward: Dio is a lot less careful and through when when determining whatever someone is dead, unlike in Stardust Crusaders.
- When he's getting his blood drained, a ghostly image of David Carradine's head appears saying "Payback's a biiiitch!", referencing Steve Buscemi's later appearance
- Combat Sadomasochist: He clearly gets off on both giving and receiving pain.
- Evil Brit: Like his OVA self only slightly younger in tone
- Evil Gloating: Although only done in his head, which gets him punched by Jonathan while he does it.
- I Like My X Like I Like My Y: He likes his steak bloody and full of knives...just like his women.
- Jerkass: Even he agreed his name was a three letter word for "total dick".
- Large Ham: "I REJECT MY HUMANITY!!!"
- Trrrilling Rrrs: Does this quite a bit.
- Verbal Tic: Often uses "I, Dio", much like his OVA counterpart.
Voiced by EileMonty
- Defiled Forever: She treats Dio's kiss as such. Erina even drinks water out of a puddle to clean her mouth out after Dio kissed her, despite being near a river. Dio's bully underlings lampshade this.
- Screaming Woman: Claims she could only speak in "kyaaah"s and "aaahh"s for seven years after Dio kissed her.
Robert E.O. Speedwagon
Voiced by Antfish
- Camp: Speaks in a rather high Pops-esque falsetto.
- Call Forward: "I'm going to own a helicopter one day!"
- CloudCuckooLander: To put it into perspective, when asked what he wanted to do with a million dollars, he passed up the opportunity to build his own research foundation to purchase all of Candy Land. Not just the board game, but the actual place.
- Defeat Equals Friendship: He pledges his friendship and eternal loyalty to Jonathan after the latter nearly smashes his head in with a kick that was powerful yet deliberately held back. Also because Speedwagon's hat injured Jonathan's arm. Yeah.
- The Ditz: He's clueless about an insane number of things.
- Expy: He has the voice and mannerisms of Regular Show's Pops. He even says Pops' Catch Phrase at one point ("Good show!").
- The Ingenue: He displays many aspects of the trope (obliviousness, cheerfulness, constant and grating urge to be helpful, femininity), which... irritates Zeppeli to no end.
- Mad Libs Catchphrase: "Even Speedwagon is (adjective)!", "I, the ever-(adjective) Speedwagon..." and "Speedwagon (verb)s (adjective)ly!"
- Mysterious Middle Initial: If it wasn't just a general exclamation of pain, the "O" in his full name stands for "OUCH! I probably should be flossing more!"
- Noblewoman's Laugh: Nyo ho ho!
- Sarcasm-Blind: Several of Zeppeli's insults just fly over him.
- Screams Like a Little Girl: In Episode 3 when Dio comes back to life and they find what happened to the carriage driver.
- Sweet Tooth: Wants to be the "Duke King President" of Candy Land, and came rushing to the Comment Special when he heard Zeppeli say the word "glazed" because he thought he was talking about doughnuts. Even though he doesn't understand Zeppeli's last words of advice to Jonathan about taking care of Erina orally, he still gets excited whenever his innuendos involve sweets.
- Third-Person Person: His Catch Phrases.
William A. "Glazed in Bitches" Zeppeli
Voiced by Antfish
Phantom Blood - Supporting Cast
Voiced by Hbi2k
Jack The Ripper
Voiced by Jessi "Nowacking" Nowack
Poco A.K.A British Tom Sawyer
Voiced by Sarifus
Voiced by Lanipator
Voiced by Takahata101