open/close all folders
Antola MaeirAntola is considered one of the heroes of the roleplay. He is often known for his magical abilities and, although alongside Derly
- Deadpan Snarker: Heavily downplayed as of late, but has caused himself problems before due to his sense of sarcastic humour.
- Heterosexual Life-Partners: With Zax. Doubles as Blood Brothers.
- Martial Arts Headband
- Playing with Fire: His primary magical ability.
- Pyro Maniac: While not necessarily Ax-Crazy, he does have to hold off of staring in awe at flames when they haven't even been caused by someone with good purposes.
- Why Did It Have To Be Heights? So much as hanging and looking down from 15 feet in the air is deathly scary to him, and falling from a high height (usually in a avian vehicle) only accelerates this fear.
- Trademark Favorite Food: Chokatoes.
Zachariah "Zax" Bannet
- Spiders Are Scary: While not as abused as Antola's Acrophobia and Mirsha/Derlyn's Aquaphobia, Zax is stated to be deathly afraid of Spyders.
- Trademark Favorite Food: Cookie dough ice cream.
- Butt-Monkey: The official one of the roleplay. Even ''he'' hurts himself at times when he does something wrong (although considering what happened to his wife when he crossed the line, this has thankfully become downplayed).
- Furry Baldness: More so as a preference than from old age, however.
- Living Emotional Crutch: He is definitely one of these for his wife, Mirsha.
- Happily Married: To Mirsha.
- Pintsized Powerhouse
- Sleepyhead: Has a tendency to snooze off at random times, and occasionally can even fall asleep at will.
- Deadpan Snarker: Not always, but she can be this at times.
- Genki Girl: Not always, or even often, but when she's excited, she certainly qualifies.
- Heroic B.S.O.D.: She is somewhat prone to these, but this one is the best example of one:Mirsha: ...I PULLED A PRANK ON AN AUTISTIC PERSON, AND I DIDN'T EVEN KNOW IT!!!!
- Innocently Insensitive: She can be this at times. Espcially when she's not on her medication.
- Insufferable Genius With a Heart of Gold: She's definitely intelligent and excellent at what she does, but she is also a huge Jerkass even to people she does like, including calling some stupid. Nonetheless, she is caring about her friends, even if she makes jokes at their expense/openly insults them
- Knight Templar: She clearly has no problem attacking someone for misinterpreted discrimination.
- Hates Being Touched: This goes to the point where Sensory Overload happens upon being touched.
- The Rain Man: She is the team captain of one of the greatest teams in the Altador Cup, and she just so happens to have autism.
- Only Sane Man: While there are plenty of other sane characters, this generally applies since the main person he is compared to is Tico.
- Berserk Button: She seems to have a lot of these.
Caleb/Ultimate Life Form
Valkaine 'Valka' Vickles (nee Sparks)One of the first anti-saboteurs, Valka is a trainee with Team Roo Island. She seems to be a tough and cool type, but really has quite a bit of inner insecurities. She was kidnapped by Star Corporations as a child and was genetically altered by them (in addition to being essentially split in half...long story). The anti-saboteurs are some of the only friends she has, due to the fact that many ostracized her for her magical abilities. Her past is never far from her, especially due to the fact that her bully of an ex-boyfriend tried to get on a team and Hassow Tsukimura is still out for her. Due to this, she's somewhat prone to depression. However, she's very protective of her husband and friends, and brings it upon herself to end Hassow's reign of terror. She fights using light magic.
- Badass in Distress: Yes, she does get chased/kidnapped a lot. But when she's actually in a battle, she shows that she's far from a regular Damsel in Distress.
- Beneath the Mask
- Broken Bird: Seems to show up more in this roleplay as opposed to the previous one. Then again, with Hassow having gotten a job as a Committee member, this makes sense.
- Dark Magical Girl: She definitely works for the good guys and has morals, but she also has immense past issues.
- Deadpan Snarker: Has taken on more of this type of personality in this sequel.
- Deprogramming: Can perform a magical version on Faerie Stars.
- Enemy Within: She has a dark form, Kaine, which is largely the reason Star Corporations is after her.
- The First Cut Is the Deepest: She and Layton would have nowhere near the relationship drama they do if it weren't for her ex, Clay.
- Fragile Flower: Say anything bad about her magic, and she will break down. Especially if Clay is involved somehow.
- Friendless Background: Due to people finding out she's an Actress.
- Friendly Rivalry: With Tandrak and Lyvon. Lately, though, she's beginning to warm up to both of them.
- Happily Married: To Layton.
- I Just Want to Be Normal: Understandable when you're still scarred from your magic-hating ex-boyfriend finds out about your magical abilities and dedicates his life to turning everyone against you.
- Living Battery: Those in Star Corporations see her as merely one for Kaine. The anti-saboteurs, on the other hand, view her essentially like a regular human being.
- Only Known by Their Nickname: Her real name is Valkaine (and is normally referred to by enemies as 'the Valkaine Project' or 'Trainee 19'), but the anti-saboteurs call her Valka since it sounds more 'humanlike.'
- Rebellious Princess
- The Power of the Sun
- Violently Protective Wife: Humorously enough, both her and her husband, Layton, are this way if anyone threatens the other.
- Corrupt Corporate Executive
- Evil Counterpart: Never really brought up in story, but the lengths he is willing to go to ensure safety for the one he loves and his high Yooyuball position could make him one for Layton. It really doesn't help that he's married to Kaine's Good Counterpart.
- Invasion of the Baby Snatchers
- Kick the Dog: Kicking Valka seems to be his sole purpose in life. To make matters worse, he also does this to his infant son, even to the point where he practically starves him just because he wanted a girl.
- Unholy Matrimony: Subverted. Was in love with his Dragon, Kaine, but she spent more time pursuing Layton and is now dead. He's still working to avenge her, even though she never technically returned his love.
- Wicked Cultured
Feldon "Dinksy" Collibridge
- Berserk Button: Do NOT mess with Derlyn.
- Gadgeteer Genius
- Reverse Mole: He pretended to serve as an engineer on a saboteur base for a while.
- Speaks in Binary: Has started doing this in conjunction with other strange behaviors.
- Weak, but Skilled: While not very strong, he can build and use weapons skillfully.
Feldon "Dinksy" Collibridge
- Deadpan Snarker
- Face–Heel Turn
- Offstage Villainy: Tampered with the gravity simulator in Team Kreludor's training facility, effectively taking the team out of AC II.
The Nanka Sisters
Cecilia "Tiny" NankaThe youngest of the Nanka sisters and Darigan Citadel's Goalkeeper
The team of Star Trainees created to replace Team Darigan Citadel.
"As long as Valka's dead, I'm fine with anything."Captain of Team Starmoon. The only reason he is still allowed in the Cup is due to a loophole Hassow created that fallen trainees could become Star Trainees. While he feigns loyalty to Hassow, he secretly hates magic and only joins the team so that he can have his dream job and fulfill his desire for revenge. In his opinion, those with magic are nonhuman and do not deserve to live. Was kicked out originally for brutally assaulting Valka. He's a notorious fanboy of Layton's, but at the same time does everything he can to make his idol's wife, Valka, into even more of a Broken Bird.
—pretty much Clay's motto for life
- Embarrassing Nickname: Layton always calls him 'Playdough.' Clay never points this out, though, since he sees him as a role model.
- Establishing Character Moment: Is casually talking to the anti-saboteurs in JCACVI, and then cuts off Valka's horns without any warning whatsoever. Needless to say, that did not get him on Layton's good side.
- Jerkass: Yes.
- Jerk Jock: One of the few ones in a roleplay of mainly Lovable Jocks.
- Kick the Dog: Always seems to hurt Valka, even though the two haven't even seen each other since junior high. In fact, Valka actually went to a different high school just to get away from him.
- Knife Nut
- Loony Fan: Is one for Layton.
- Named After Somebody Famous: Never brought up in canon, but Word of God confirms that Clay's last name was inspired by the Hunger Games character of Cato. Suiting, as he does act rather like a Career...
Omega VaneAnother member of Team Starmoon. She has been targeted as a candidate to be a Faerie Star since she joined Star Trainees. The only problem is that she was forced to all along. No matter how much she wants to leave the team, Hassow refuses to let her. Strangely enough, despite being a Starmoon member, she is friends with Mirsha.
- Cowardly Lion: She's actually a relatively confident person compared to some of the other characters, she just lacks assertiveness and seems has many fears.
- Girly Girl: To Mirsha's Tomboy.
- Meaningful Name: In animals, an 'omega' is the lowest-ranking member of the society. While Hassow values her for her potential as a Faerie Star, her submissive personality makes her seem like the omega of Team Starmoon (with Clay as the alpha).
- Oblivious to Love: Sees Trent as a friend and has no idea he has a crush on her.
- Scarpia Ultimatum: An interrupted example, as she is almost forced into a relationship with Clay before Qlydae steps in to help her. Tragically played straight in the Civil War canon, where it ends up leading to Domestic Abuse.
- Spell My Name with an "S": Her own roleplayer often misspells her last name as 'Vale,' strangely enough. Remedied in the somewhat-AU sequels where it's changed to Clow (which Word of God confirms to be inspired by Cardcaptor Sakura just like Clay's was to The Hunger Games).
- Spoiled Sweet: She comes from a rich family, but you'd never know it from her demeanor.
- What Could Have Been: Alexandria originally intended her to be an Emotionless Girl, but after rereading Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone, she wanted to write a character like Neville Longbottom, hence Omega's current personality.
- Yamato Nadeshiko
A group of four Grundos sent to investigate recent events at the Colosseum.
The Fonnets (Excluding Derlyn)
Roy Fonnet Senior
- Papa Wolf: The first time he is truly revealed to the audience that he is the Roy Fonnet, he attacks Clay for harassing Derlyn. Best part: He has one arm.
Roy Fonnet Junior
- Big Brother Instinct: He often acts like Derlyn's older brother. In fact, it looks like he is her older brother. He is actually the younger brother, however.