Characters: Jellyneo Altador Cup Vi
All the characters who appear in the Jellyneo Altador Cup Vi
Roleplay, appropriately placed into folders named after their Roleplayers. Inactive players will NOT be listed.
open/close all folders
Antola (full name Antola Huozai
Maeir) is one of the many protagonists
of the ACVI Roleplay, taking the role of The Hero
in the story's Five-Man Band
. He was one of the first Neopets to stand up against the recent sabotaging against the Altador Cup, forming a bit of alliance with Prytariel, Tandrak, and Valka, among others.
- Functional Magic: Taught to him from Almadaira and Edna. Although it's confirmed Almadaira is in fact his cousin, it seems ironic that they AND Edna are all Zafaras...
- Irony: In his dreamworld, the first website he visits on his fake computer is Neopets, followed by none other than Jellyneo Forums itself. He was quite oblivious about that fact at first.
- Just in Time: Happens quite a few times where he appears at the last second just to help out.
- Martial Arts Headband: A red one, in particular.
- Playing with Fire
- She Is Not My Girlfriend: Prytariel, although he admits to slightly crushing on her.
- Despite appearing to not have romantic interest in Prytariel anymore, this still applies to him after he began to date Xana due to Tandrak shipping the two together.
- Trademark Favorite Food: Chia Pops.
- As of recent, Chokatos have begun to take over as Antola's Trademark Favorite Food. He still continues to like Chia Pops, however.
"I'm Zax, your best friend forever!"
—Zax, when he first appeared... out of nowhere, no less.
- Distressed Dude: Despite being able to defend himself, Zax has currently been kidnapped three times over the span of one to two days. Once by Evrem, once by the Scorchio Referee, and once by Filo and Palia. It's already gotten to the point that both Antola and Prytariel have suggested to keep him on a leash at all times.
- Trademark Favorite Food: Ice cream.
Valkaine 'Valka' Sparks
"I can't depend on anyone. Not like this. Because he was right. I'm less than human. And no one will be able to accept me because of that..."
Valka Sparks is the fourth member of the team formed to stop the Cup sabotage, along with Tandrak Shaye, Antola Maeir, and Prytariel. At first she was hesitant to join with them, but eventually went along with their missions. Since she was technically 'created' by Raven (rather than being an existing player), she possesses many Hidden Depths
from her 'Scrapped Personas'. While she gets along with Prytariel and Antola fine, she and Tandrak do not agree on many things. Later, though, she begins to trust him slightly...but doesn't let him forget that she has a boyfriend. It is later revealed that she is actually a very powerful Magical Girl
, but there is a dark truth behind the source of her power, and that has a name: Kaine
- Action Girl: She's extremely strategic and isn't afraid to leap into action...even if it means saving Tandrak.
- Aloof Ally: Originally, she refused to work with the main cast since she remembered an encounter with one of their members, Tandrak Shaye (which he denied). She went so far as to accuse him of trying to sabotage the Cup, and Prytariel and Antola of helping with his attempt. Eventually, she found out that Tormo, Tandrak's teammate, was really behind the Cup sabotage, and agreed to help them.
- Beneath the Mask: Seems to be a tough, self-sufficient person on the outside, but is really a Broken Bird who truly wants friends, but is too afraid of the possibilities of them getting hurt or turning on her.
- Blue Oni: To Valeria's Red Oni. Later, she becomes one to Kaine.
- Enemy Within
- Friendly Rivalry: After getting to know Tandrak, their rivalry began to be Played for Laughs. She even ended up saving his life, saying that even if he was a saboteur, he didn't deserve to die at a young age.
- Gender-Blender Name: She was named for a famous commander in the Resistance, which is completely normal...except the commander was male.
- I Just Want to Be Normal: Not surprising, considering the last boyfriend she had before Layton broke up with her merely because of her magic abilities and not being normal.
- My Greatest Failure: Considers becoming Kaine in the future to be hers. As a result, does everything she can to erase these memories from others.
- Rebellious Princess: Despite the fact that Al was recently crowned king, she still acts like her normal self and still enjoys playing Yooyuball.
- Shout-Out: Her middle name is 'Layla,' which not only sounds like 'Layka,' but also happens to be the name of another sporty Magical Girl rebellious princess.
- The Killer In Me: Type B. She's just as surprised as everyone else about Kaine.
- The Power of the Sun
- Violently Protective Girlfriend: Just try to insult Layton. You'll have to go through her.
"My name's Valeria, the one with the power of the stars. And I am completely and utterly in love with you, Tandrak Shaye!"
—Valeria's first introduction to the group. Note how different it is from Valka's.
Valeria, who first appears as an accidental result of Valka using magic, is Valka's only named Scrapped Persona (though more are implied). She is also her earliest, and is almost her exact opposite. She is a huge Fangirl to Valka's rival, Tandrak, which stirs up trouble, needless to say. She also is implied to extremely dislike Valka's romantic interest, Layton. Later, it's revealed that Valeria is also Valka's past half, and that (due to a potion gone wrong) Valka is dying while Valeria is still alive. The only way to cure both of them is for them to merge. Originally, Valeria rejects the idea, but then later accepts it. She writes a farewell letter to Tandrak and is never seen again afterwards, presumably a part of Valka now.
- "Dear John" Letter: Fridge Logic states that Valeria's farewell letter to Tandrak classifies as one, since her future self is Valka, who is in love with Layton and is Tandrak's rival.
- Dogged Nice Girl: She loves Tandrak, but he has an interest in Timu. She still tries though, but as soon as he learns she's Valka's past half, he decides that he'd rather try to get Valka back.
- Fangirl: To Tandrak.
- Large Ham: See above quote.
- Magical Girl: Increasingly goes into Dark Magical Girl territory, though.
- Red Oni: To Valka's Blue Oni.
- Split Personality Merge: To save Valka, Valeria decides to give up her own being.
- What Could Have Been: Played for Laughs when you realize that Valeria loves Tandrak and hates Layton, while Valka (her future self) loves Layton and hates Tandrak. They couldn't be more different.
New Windy/Ruko Yokune
Tropes that apply to all (or most) of Ruko's characters:
Mirsha is a Cloudcuckoolander
who tends to be over-sensitive
, as well as being one of the smartest people
in the Five-Man Band
- Anti-Hero: Type I —> Type II/III
- Attention Deficit... Ooh, Shiny!
- Brainy Brunette: Mirsha might as well be the smartest person you'll ever meet. Her hair also happens to be brown.
- Break the Cutie: Although it happened before the roleplay, Mirsha has one of these after Stacey reveals that she was never Mirsha's friend at the end of her seventh grade year.
- Claustrophobia: She has a bad case of this as revealed in an elevator. It overlaps with Why Did It Have to Be Snakes?, because of how much it affects her.
- Cloudcuckoolander: She is the only reason why there are other Cloudcuckoolanders in this roleplay.
- Gender Bender: She got hit with a strange potion recently. She made a Heroic Sacrifice to get this way.
- Genki Girl: To say the least, she's the most hyperactive person in the roleplay.
- Happily Married: To Foltaggio.
- Heroic Sacrifice: She didn't die, but she changed her gender for the sake of saving Xantola.
- Hysterical Woman: She fits this trope pretty well, being a easily-scared Genki Girl.
- Last Name Basis: Often calls Prytariel by her last name.
- Large Ham: She poofed dramatically into the house, which causes the Unfortunate Implication (As well as a bit of a Running Gag) of Zax thinking she's Xandra.
- Living Emotional Crutch: Her husband, Foltaggio, is one of these to her.
- Loud of War: Her megaphone.
- Manic Pixie Dream Girl: According to her husband, she fits this trope pretty well.
- Nervous Wreck
- No Sense of Humor: Unless if it's a joke she gets immediately, chances are, she'll get mad at you if you even try to tell a joke.
Antola: (after receiving a Cranial Eruption from Mirsha and is trying to explain to Xana why he has one.)
"That would be from Mirsha, unable to take a little joke..."
Xana: (giving Mirsha a Cranial Eruption)
"You are really annoying, you know that?"
- Purple Eyes
- Shipper on Deck: She is one of these, for Slash Pairings, most of the time.
- Shout-Out: Her middle name is Haruhi! Most definitely not a Shout-Out.
- Slash and Femslash fan: She's the Slash Fangirl of the roleplay!
- Start of Darkness: She attempted to Co-Captain a team with her sister, before they became Arch Enemies. Well, let's say that's how they became Arch Enemies.
- To be precise, it's because of Ealyn Hawkshanks, Derlyn's ex-boyfriend, breakind up with Derlyn over Mirsha. As a result, Derlyn called Mirsha a jiyeon, and you know the rest.
- The Atoner: She was technically one of the first villains of the roleplay, as she predated the roleplay, and convinced 'Squeaky' to be a villain.
- Why Did it have to be Grundos?: She appears to be deathly afraid of Grundos because of Zayle.
Derlyn is known for her extreme anger
and is the Breakout Character
of the roleplay.
- Anti-Hero: Type IV —> Type V
- Ax-Crazy: When in an Unstoppable Rage...
- Big Eater
- Blind Without 'Em: She, as of recent, got glasses. She definitely fits this trope, as she was pretty much blind until she got them.
- Chuck Cunningham Syndrome: She goes through this with Antola after their recent change into a Mary Sue/Gary Stu.
- Thankfully, they are back on Neopia now.
- Disproportionate Retribution: She more or less admitted that she does it.
Derlyn: (To Tandrak) I swear to Fyora, you're much better at ruining people's lives than at being a Yooyuball player. Why didn't you just do that with your life? As far as I'm concerned, you are evil!
Tandrak: ...sad thing is, you shouldn't be talking. I don't want to say it, but I will. How many people's lives have you ruined? A lot more than me, I can guess. Not just by breaking them... but by toughening them up, therefore turning them evil. Remember your sister...?
Derlyn: At least I don't go snooping around looking to ruin lives. They just angered me. If you mess with me, I can and will ruin you.
- Even People of Questionable Morality Have Standards: She is arguably a Villain Protagonist, but she definitely dislikes the saboteurs and Wicked Rocket.
- Fiery Redhead: She has orange hair, but, considering that red hair is actually orange in Real Life, she technically counts.
- Fragile Flower: She is one when she having a depressive episode.
- L Is for Dyslexia: She has dyslexia and dyscalculia.
- Lethal Chef: She is one of these because of the above trope.
- Psychopathic Manchild: At times...
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: Blue Oni, to Mirsha's red.
- The Napoleon: She is short, in height and in temper.
- Tsundere: While she denies this, she is a Type A Tsundere for Zenor, her fiance.
- Unstoppable Rage: If you see her throwing heavy objects and yelling, she's probably in one of these. Too bad this is common.
- Why Did it have to be Water?: She is, to be specific, afraid of drowning, but still has a general fear of water.
Xana is Antola's Love Interest
. Upon being claimed by Ruko, she went through Xanafication
The Future Generation
"It would be better for everyone, wouldn't it? You wouldn't have to face a future where I destroyed everything, just like I did. If only I knew how to control these powers..."
—Etoile, while risking her life to be on a (literal) sinking ship.
Etoile is Layton and Valka's daughter from the future. Originally, she lived a relatively normal life before discovering that at the age of two, she had been kidnapped by the rogue Star Corporations for experimentation. After this, she gained powers over fire/supernovas, and barely remembered a life without her birth parents before the revelation. Eventually, she turned on the company, and they've been trying to destroy her ever since by sabotaging a fortune competition she was involved in and sending her former allies after them. While she is grateful that she escaped, she still bears many scars from her experiences away from her parents: both physically and emotionally...
"I decided to go against them. I found my birth parents here, the ones I've never met. And actually, I'm happy here."
The long-lost daughter of Tandrak and Timu, Stelle was kidnapped by Star Corporations when she was only an infant and has never met her birth parents outside of the past. As a result, she originally knew no life outside of them, and therefore was easily manipulated. However, when she was recruited for a mission to get rid of Etoile, all that changed. She finally realized just how horrible her life was there, and all the things they never taught her. Stelle controls tornadoes, and is used to fighting with them before Etoile tells her that doing so will use up her powers and cause her to die. While she can be extremely impulsive and even childlike at times, she is still a loyal friend to Etoile and a powerful ally of the rest.
Bonita 'Bonnie' Maeir
- Wise Beyond Their Years: Despite being only ten, Riley is one of, if not the most mature of the younger generation.
- Ambiguously Bisexual: He is interested in Tracey, but yet he has flirted with Bonnie. He may not be an example, through, as Tracey's gender is unknown.
- More like only interested in Tracey.
- Ambiguous Gender: Consider that his/her mom used to fit the trope, it's not too surprising.
- Surprise, he's a guy! As a result, he's in one of the only Slash pairings in this roleplay.
- Cloning Blues: It is implied that she's a clone of her mom, Derlyn.
- Cute Bruiser
- Meganekko: This is deliberately done to make sure that she doesn't have bad aim like her mom, Derlyn.
- Tsundere: She is Type B for Varun. Thankfully, he never gets her mad.
Lysander 'Tandrak' Shaye
- Dark Is Not Evil: Though Raven just about denies it...
- Leeroy Jenkins: When he's not being The Slacker. This moment only further cements himself as one.
- Last Name Basis: Whenever Tandrak's annoyed with Delma, he calls her Harrence.
- He does this to more people than just Delma, however. He often calls Antola, Xana, and sometimes Zenor by their last names Maeir, DiLanche, and Kevix respectively, whenever they annoy him.
- Shipper on Deck: Arguably the main reason Shipping even exists in this roleplay. He's most notable for being the biggest Antariel (Antola/Prytariel) shipper, even after it being sunk in favour of Xantola (Xana/Antola). To say the least, neither Antola nor Prytariel like being shipped with each other.
Tormo 'The Terror' Frein
"Shut it, Lysander."
—Vitri Sitol, revealing Tandrak's true identity (and simultaneously distracting everyone else)
- Evil Redhead: At least, it's close enough to red. Possibly subverted as the one controlling him, Xandra, does not have red hair.
"Ah, Shaye, your ripoff here kidnapped me! I hope he knows that he should keep his filthy paws off of me! Bleck, Meridellians never learn, do they?"
—Iago, insulting Vitri for kidnapping him
Iago is a small Darigan Yooyu who used to be one of the 'balls' in the game of Yooyuball. He was won as a game ball by Tandrak, and has stuck by his side since (except for when Vitri kidnapped him). He speaks in a formal speech pattern and is one of the few Petpets who can speak.
Murderous Chia Fangirl
- No Name Given: Usually only referred to as 'The Insane/Murderous Chia Fangirl'
Valkaine 'Kaine' Sparks
"All of this can be easily avoided, you know? If you break up with her, there could be some chance that you could survive in the future..."
Kaine is Valka's future self. She joined up with Star Corporations after Layton's death and after losing the last shred of sanity she had left in her life. Eventually, she began to realize that the tragedy in her life was all due losing the ones she loved...which she interprets to mean that one must give up feelings of love to truly be powerful. She comes to the past to oppose Etoile and get rid of her, in the hopes that doing so will revive Layton. Later, she becomes quite the lunatic
- Break the Cutie: At times, it really is difficult to believe that she was Valka in the first place...
- Casting a Shadow: She controls a sort of dark fire, in direct opposition to both Valka and Etoile's powers.
- Dark Magical Girl
- Despair Event Horizon: Layton's death.
- Evil Counterpart: To Valka, of course.
- Future Me Scares Me: Valka and Layton's reaction to her.
- Meaningful Rename: She is insistent on using her maiden name after the accident. In addition, she takes the 'Val' out of her name, since it's what Layton called her. Though this is never actually brought up, 'Kaine' just so happens to rhyme with 'insane.'
- Offing the Offspring: Goes after her daughter, Etoile, and blames her for Layton's death.
- Psycho for Hire: Becomes one for Star Corporations.
- Set Right What Once Went Wrong: Well, technically, set right what will go wrong. And at the expense of others.
- Taking You with Me: Subverted. Rather than killing Valka in her last moments, Kaine steals her memories.
- Well-Intentioned Extremist: While she is certainly evil, her original motive was only to make sure that her husband survived in the future. However, she eventually drops this and actually ends up attacking his past self.
- Woobie, Destroyer of Worlds
- Yandere: Arguably the roleplay's most obvious one.
- You Should Have Died Instead: Clearly thinks this about Etoile.
- Ice Queen: Apparently, she considers love to be a saccharine concept.
- Zax, however, considers her a Tsundere.
- Mirsha does as well, and more frequently.
- This is to the point where Mirsha said a plushie (Who a lot of people ship her with.) called her one.
- Said plushie also "thinks" she's a Tsundere.
- Last Name Basis: Often calls Mirsha by her last name.
- Oblivious to Love
- Trademark Favorite Food: Celery Cookies.