Characters: Irregular Webcomic!
This comic has Loads and Loads of Characters... But don't worry! There are several different themes, so most of the characters are restricted to just one theme... Most of the time...
- Back from the Dead: Considering how inept Deaths are, this is common.
open/close all folders
his being on the run from Death...
This theme is mainly a spoof of Indiana Jones.
The Jones family
Montana (Monty) JonesThe main character of this theme. An Archaeology professor who constantly needs to fight against the Nazis to take control of powerful artifacts that the Nazis will use to conquer the world. Hates wurst.
Prof. North Dakota JonesMonty's father. Obsessed with the Holy Grail.
Minnesota JonesNorth Dakota's father, thus Monty's grandfather. Was presumably lost after he went on dinosaur chasing.
- Knight Fever / Overly Long Name: His title? The Honourable Herr Schliemannian Chair Professor Doktor Doktor Jones, CBE, DCM, JP, FRS
- Mad Libs Catch Phrase: Nazi science sneers at (things to be sneered at)! Sometimes the science part is changed too.
Colonel HakenMonty's archnemesis. Hitler-brain-in-a-jar's primary lackey when it comes to gathering powerful artifacts.
- Even Evil Has Standards: He may be a Nazi, but he enlisted to collect various Artifacts of Doom and is completely disgusted by genocide.
- Hook Hand
- High-Class Glass: wears a monocle
- The Millstone: When he was petrified, Hitler took over Europe easily.
ErwinHaken's main lackey. Is not really as committed to the Nazi principle as others, thus is a bit more reasonable.
Hitler's BrainHitler's Brain in a Jar. Need I say more? Anyway, he died in the Reichstag fire and his brain was put on life support by Adam Savage in Chess with Death. Plans to take control of powerful artifacts and take over the world.
- Brain in a Jar: Natch.
- Dark Lord on Life Support: Hitler was burnt at the Reichstag fire and is a brain in a jar.
- Ghostapo: Is obsessed with occult.
- Stupid Jetpack Hitler: Complete with multiple clones of his own brain.
- Take Over the World
SallahThe Jones family's Arabic friend who will always come to their rescue.
- Big Damn Heroes / Deus ex Machina: Want to be rescued? Bet on him! Once inverted though.
- No Sense of Direction: Inverted
Ginny SmithA US archaeology expert who defect to the Soviet. Can and will backstab everyone.
Agency of Deaths and the main point of Cross Over.
- Celestial Bureaucracy
- No Indoor Voice: Every death (except Charon) speaks in ALL CAPS when talks to mortal.
- Odd Job Gods: Well, many has a very specific cause of death to watch over.
Death of Insanely Overpowered FireballsProbably the main character of Death theme. Has really bad luck on the job.
- Butt Monkey: Gets who get job shuffling the most?
- Ensemble Darkhorse: Really popular.
- George Jetson Job Security
- Sinister Scythe
Death of Choking On A Giant FrogFireballs's competitor, since he wanted to be Death of Insanely Overpowered Fireballs, but otherwise friendly to each other.
Head DeathThe boss. He controls all Death's job, thus you can see him demote and promote others.
- Bad Boss: Seems to go out of his way to screw over Fireballs.
- Death Glare: Except it's not as effective.
- Obstructive Bureaucrat
Death of Being Wrestled To Death By Steve
Death of Inhaling Hatmaking ChemicalsSpeaks Cockney accent. Collect those who died inhaling mercury, which is very rare nowadays.
- British Accents
- Quintessential British Gentleman
- Wild Mass Guessing: Is Lewis Carroll from Scientific Revolution. Maybe.
CharonThe Ferryman of the Underworld, but there is no indication of how does he fit into the organization.
An RPG campaign that is a big spoof on Tolkien.
LambertThe group's merchant. Highly protective of his money.
AlvissaThe group's elf and archer. Also the Only Sane Man of the group.
MordekaiThe group's thief. But never call him that.
- Insistent Terminology: He's a Lovable Rogue not a thief!
- Kleptomaniac Hero
- Lovable Rogue: Insisted being called that
KyrosThe group's wizard. A pyromaniac wizard that frequently kills off his teammates.
- God Guise: likes to do this
- Kill It with Fire: "it" being "everything".
- Last of His Kind
- Pyro Maniac
- When All You Have Is a Hammer: How did he kill a Balrog? More fire!
DraakA lizardman hired by Lambert to help with the group (and protect his money from Mordekai]].
- Badass Bookworm: Smartest guy in the group.
- Eloquent In My Native Tongue: He can speak only in monosyllabus in English, but in his native tongue, he speaks very eloquently.
- Genius Bruiser: Great big lizard man who's highly intelligent.
- Smarter Than You Look
DwalinYour old stereotypical dwarf with Scottish accent. Got persuaded to join the group by Kyrosâi, by predictable method.
Exactly What It Says on the Tin, but later the theme is mostly in William Shakespeare's fanfic.
Steve and Terry
- Expy : Almost certainly one of Steve Irwin, althogh the author has regularly insisted otherwise.
Cthulhu"Mighty Cthulhu is one of the Great Old Ones, an Elder God who lies in eternal deathless sleep in the sunken nightmare city of R'lyeh. Even being aware of his very existence is enough to push strong men to the brink of insanity. Not that that would ever stop Steve."-Irregular webcomics character description
Charity Collector Guy"Hi, I'm campaigning for greater community awareness of trigonometry."A guy who regularly volunteers to collect money for a variety of unusual charitable organizations. Even volunteers as a subsitute Death briefly. Also an expert in origami and astrophysics.
- Almighty Janitor : His aforementioned unusual combination of expertises make him very helpful in one of the latest attempts to reboot history
A spoof on The War of the Worlds, but gets veered into different direction lately.
The MartiansThe last 3 Martians who still plans to conquer Earth, but pretty inept at it.
- Last of His Kind
- What an Idiot: Don't care about the germs and don't give your species immortality treatment before sending them to invade Earth? Why not?
- X Meets Y: As DMM describes, a cross between Marvin the Martian and the Three Stooges...
The Man in BlackThe shadowy government operative who denies everything out of natural.
- Extra-Strength Masquerade: He denies that there are aliens when he talks to the Martians. Or worse, says there's no afterlife when he's in one.
- Implausible Deniability
IshmaelAn ordinary university student who got himself tangled into the Martian mess quite often.
GiuseppeOwner of a local pizza place where Ishmael works.
- Near-death by Irony: Claimed to be descendant of Allesandro Volta when rewiring his pizzeria. Guess what happens next.
The AllosaurusA dinosaur that showed up in several themes. Was eventually elected President of the United States, after which he showed up mostly in the Martians theme.
- Animal Athlete Loophole: Applied to politics. Strictly speaking, the U.S. Constitution doesn't specify that the president must be human.
- Breakout Character: "The Allosaurus" is easily the most popular option in Irregular Webcomics polls when available.
- I'm a Humanitarian: Ate his entire Cabinet at one point.
- Our Presidents Are Different: Difficult to characterize, but "President Dinosaur" isn't on the list to begin with.
- The Unintelligible: "RAAARRRHH!!!"
A spoof on James Bond.
James Stud (0x0a)