- Deadpan Snarker: Has his moments.
- Informed Deformity: As the comic progresses he starts to see a lot more than he should be, since he's (supposedly) blind.
- The Quiet One
- Lady of War
- Too Dumb to Live: She releases Suega, a prisoner of war, and gives her a copy of the vaccine Soshika's parents made without telling her crewmates until after it had long finished.
Ro "Darkfool" Koji
- Adorkable: Just look at his character gallery.
- Beware the Nice Ones
- Break the Cutie: The cemetery side comic.
- Cute Giant
- Gentle Giant: Also a bit of a Genius Bruiser
- Keet: Rare example of being both this and a Gentle Giant
- Nice Guy
- Nice Hat
- Plucky Comic Relief
- Team Dad
- Wholesome Crossdresser: According to Word of God. Though he'd probably never show up in a dress in the actual comic.
- Crouching Moron, Hidden Badass
- Heroic Albino
- Keet: Or Genki Girl...
- Odd Couple: With Sartre
- The Comically Serious: In the art galleries.
- Grumpy Bear
- Insufferable Genius
- Odd Couple: With Ash
- Third-Person Person
Benjamin and Aslilin
- Mad Scientist: Ben
- Bat Out of Hell
- Exposed Extraterrestrials: More downplayed than Sers, since she at least wears something to cover up, but she's still VERY exposed.
- Femme Fatale
- Half-Dressed Cartoon Animal
- The Lad-ette
- Ms. Fanservice: Only wears a strip of cloth that barely covers the front of her body, leaving her back side completely exposed (and occasionally giving a side glimpse of her breasts). She's also far more visually attractive than Sers.
- Underdressed for the Occasion: See "Ms. Fanservice" above
- The Atoner: Is trying to make up for helping Grey's doctor and causing him a lot of grief.
- Brains and Brawn: A downplayed example, but Ruri is the Brain to Sers' Brawn.
- Curtains Match the Window
- Mad Doctor: Averted. Unlike Grey's doctor.
- My God, What Have I Done?: After Grey confronts her about his brother being taken away, she kind of has this reaction
- Tomboy and Girly Girl: Serves as the Girly Girl for Sers' Tomboy.
- Put on a Bus: Last seen at the end of Culture Shock, writing an e-mail to Kyotoshi.
- Worst Aid: While not as bad as Sers, the most she wears is a vest and she's completely covered in hair. It doesn't help that she doesn't see the problem with sending Sers into surgery without making her wear anything.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: In contrast to the rest of her, which is white and purple.
- Absurdly Sharp Claws
- A-Cup Angst: Averted, and probably justified since her species is made up of Blood Knight hunters.
- Barbie Doll Anatomy: Subverted. She's drawn without genitals or breasts, but it's stated Morbacks don't show their genitals unless mating and females lack breasts until they have children.
- Bare Your Midriff: More like "bare your entire body." Given her species doesn't like to wear clothes, it's expected.
- Blood Knight: While she hasn't directly fought anyone, given her entire species is a Blood Knight species she could be counted as such.
- Bit Character: Despite the amount of tropes given to her, she's actually a very minor character in the story and doesn't play much of a role in the plot, in backstory or in the main stories, aside from being the one to heal Grey.
- Brains and Brawn: A downplayed example, but Sers is the Brawn to Ruri's Brain.
- Butter Face: Zig-zagged. While she has an awesome (if mannish) body, her face can either be cute or downright terrifying.
- Cute Little Fangs: When she isn't showing the whole set.
- Distinguishing Mark: The fur on her back, which tells what clan of Morback she's from.
- Eternally Pearly-White Teeth: She always has white teeth, despite her species being carnivores.
- Exposed Extraterrestrials: Yep.
- Fan Disservice: She's a perpetually naked anthropomorphic bat-like alien that are known for their hunting skills and how often they smile.
- Fangs Are Evil: Subverted.
- Fanservice with a Smile: Can be counted as this, considering how she's perpetually naked and she has a very notable smile.
- Female Frontal Nudity: Though there's nothing to show, and because of her figure you'd be mistaken for thinking it would be Male Frontal Nudity instead.
- Femme Fatalons: A heroic example
- Full-Frontal Assault
- Lady Looks Like a Dude
- Limited Wardrobe: Yep.
- Harmful Healing: Sers doesn't wear any form of medical uniform (even when performing surgery), and is completely covered in hair!
- Hartman Hips: Downplayed, but still noticeable at times.
- Hello, Nurse!: Can invoke this reaction if you're into anthropomorphic bat-like aliens that are known for having a terrifying Slasher Smile and their hunting skills, and the fact that they run around naked all the time.
- Heterosexual Life-Partners: With Ruri, since they're almost always shown in close proximity.
- Mad Doctor: Surprisingly averted, she's very focused on her medical career and doesn't do anything too out of the ordinary. Aside from her lack of clothing.
- Male Gaze: There are quite a few shots showing off Sers' hips or butt, but most of the time it's less because of her being Ms. Fanservice and more because it's hard to hide that when she doesn't wear clothes to begin with.
- The Medic
- More Teeth than the Osmond Family
- Ms. Fanservice: Of the Fan Disservice variety, unless you're a Nightmare Fetishist.
- Naked First Impression: Somewhat downplayed, nobody reacts to her being totally naked.
- Naked on Arrival: As expected, since her species hates wearing clothes.
- Naughty Nurse Outfit: If your definition of "outfit" includes "Birthday Suit", then it fits.
- Off-Model: Her appearance at the end of Arc 7.
- Otherworldly and Sexually Ambiguous: Since the Morback species is able to withdraw their genitals into their bodies and the females don't grow breasts until after their first child, it's hard to tell if she's male or female initially.
- Put on a Bus: Is last seen at the end of Culture Shock, when Ruri is writing an e-mail to Kyotoshi.
- Shameless Fanservice Girl: Nobody in her species likes wearing clothes. Some people do complain, but they'll only wear the bare minimum.
- Slasher Smile: Considering her species is known for their slasher smiles it's not too surprising.
- The Quiet One: While she is definitely never silent, the fact that her species speaks by whispering might imply that she says all of her lines by whispering.
- Three Fingered Hands
- Tomboy and Girly Girl: Serves as the Tomboy for Ruri's Girly Girl.
- Underdressed for the Occasion
- Walking Shirtless Scene: Up to Eleven, and a female example too!
- When She Smiles: It can either be extremely cute or extremely horrifying.
- Worst Aid: Sers doesn't wear any form of medical uniform (even when performing surgery), and is completely covered in hair!