Characters: Imperial Fists
Members of the Imperial Fists, both in the background, on the tabletop, and in the novels.
Rogal DornOne of the twenty Primarchs created by the Emperor of Mankind for the Great Crusade, Dorn and his brothers were scattered to the stars by the Chaos Gods. Landing on Inwit, he was taken in by the Lord of the House of Dorn, who raised Rogal like a grandson. Even after discovering his true heritage, Rogal would remember his adoptive grandfather fondly. Growing to manhood, much of Dorn's history is unknown, but he would eventually greet the Emperor on board the Phalanx as The Emperor of the Inwit Cluster. Swearing loyalty to his father, Dorn became commander of the VII Legion of the Adeptus Astartes, the Imperial Fists.During the Great Crusade, Dorn and the Fists would gain an impressive reputation as masters of siege warfare, but this would bring him into odds with Perturabo, Primarch of the Iron Warriors. When Fulgrim asked if the Iron Warriors could defeat the siege protection Dorn designed for the Imperial Palace, Dorn said that as long as the walls were manned, no one could take them, causing a further rivalry with Perturabo. When the Emperor retired to Terra, Dorn and the Imperial Fists were charged with fortifying the Imperial Palace. En route to Terra, however, the Fists would discover the Eisenstein with survivors from the Battle of Istvaan III, revealing that the Sons of Horus, the World Eaters, the Emperor's Children, and the Death Guard had rebelled against the Emperor. Quickly returning to Terra, Dorn was appointed head of the Imperial military. In the following Siege of Terra, Dorn's defenses were overrun as nine legions overwhelmed his Fists, the Blood Angels, and the White Scars. When Horus lowered the shields of the Vengeful Spirit, Dorn accompanied the Emperor, Sanguinius, and their personal bodyguards onto the ship in a teleportation action, but they were scatted about the corrupted vessel. Arriving at Horus's throne room last, Dorn discovered Horus and Sanguinius dead, and the Emperor dying. Taking him back to Terra, the Emperor was installed in the Golden Throne as a life support machine.Blaming himself for the Emperor's death, Dorn launched a crusade against the Traitor Legions. When Roboute Guilliman of the Ultramarines ordered that the Legions split into chapters, Dorn initially refused, but later relented after the Imperial Fists were mauled by the Iron Warriors in the Iron Cage incident. One of the last Primarchs to die, Dorn was killed in a Black Crusade, and his body is on display in the Phalanx.
- Cannot Tell a Lie
- Chainsaw Good: One of the only Primarchs to wield a Chainsword.
- Dead Guy on Display
- Go Mad from the Revelation: He just lost it when he learned that Horus had betrayed the Emperor.
- Heroic BSOD: He had a massive one following the death of the Emperor.
- Last of His Kind: One of the last Primarchs to disappear/die.
- My Greatest Failure: Failing to save the Emperor.
- Parental Favoritism: Was always proud that he is always at The Emperor's side.
- The Stoic: Often nicknamed the "Stone Man" for his stoicism.
- The Strategist
Vladamir PughThe current Chapter Master of the Imperial Fists. Though not as well known as Dante, Marneus Calgar, or Logan Grimnar, he is a meticulous planner and leader.
- Badass In Charge
- Bald of Awesome
- Big Good
- Clock King: A non-villainous example.
- Dual Wielding: The Fangs of Dorn.
- Killed Off for Real: Die fighting Tyranids.
- My Greatest Failure: Losing 174 Marines.
- Perpetual Sneerer
- Sense Loss Sadness: Subverted, he willing removed his taste buds for losing the aforementioned marines.
Darnath LysanderThe First Captain of the Imperial Fists, who has served for centuries since being recruited on Terra.
- Badass In Charge
- Badass Cape
- Bad Boss: He once refused Blood Angel and Ultramarine reenforcements while fighting Iron Warriors, which almost destroy 3rd Company who didn't know help could have been called in at anytime.
- Bald of Awesome
- The Captain
- Drop the Hammer: The Hammer of Dorn.
- Incorruptible Pure Pureness: He managed to remain free of taint while spending a thousand years (regular time) in the Eye of Terror. The Chapter was so impressed they made him First Captain again.
- Luckily My Shield Will Protect Me
- Number Two
- Time Dilation: He was captured by the Iron Warriors and taken to the Eye of Terror. After breaking free and returning to the Chapter, one thousand years had passed.
TaelosThe former Captain of the Second Company, and current Captain of the Tenth Company, overseeing the Chapter's Aspirants.
- Badass Teacher
- The Captain
- Master Swordsman
- My Greatest Failure: Losing so many of his men at Koloth Gorge.
- Secret Test of Character: Pugh appointed him Tenth Captain so he would have a chance to make for losing so many men by overseeing the Chapter's future.
Jean-Robur du QuesteAn Imperial Fist Scout, formerly a noble of Caritaigne of Triandr
- Blue Blood
- Break the Haughty: They do.
- In the Back: Not afraid to do this.
- Let's Fight Like Gentlemen
Zatori ZanAn Imperial Fist Scout, formerly training to be a sword-master in Sipang of Triandr.
- Happiness in Slavery
- Unknown Rival: To Jean-Robur.
- Warrior Monk: What he was training to be. Made becoming a Space Marine all the easier.
- You Killed My Father: Mentor, but still it applies to Jean-Robur.