Characters: I'm Here!
The characters of the manga series I'm Here!:
Hikage SuminoA girl with zero presence, Shrinking Violet Hikage seriously desires to make friends.
- Character Development: Was introduced as a very shy and submissive Shrinking Violet, but gradually becomes more confident and capable of standing up for herself, as she gains more friends.
- Extreme Doormat: She's always trying to be useful for others in hopes of winning their approval. Most of the time, she just ends up being used by her classmates who makes her do all the work whenever they are required to do some chores.
- Friendless Background: Throughout her whole life, Sumino had never succeeded in making friends because she's too timid to reach out to anyone.
- Heroic Self-Deprecation: Due to her Extreme Doormat tendencies, she doesn't have a good opinion of herself, and is too scared to defend herself whenever her classmates talk badly of her.
- I Just Want to Have Friends: Her entire character development is about her wanting to be more outgoing and having friends.
- Official Couple: Finally ends up with Hinata.
Hinata MutouOne of the most popular guys in school who is the first to notice Hikage and reveals that he's been watching her all this time.
- The Ace: He's handsome, is the top of his class, and a kendo champion to boot. He's also a very nice guy despite his popularity.
- Betty and Veronica: The Veronica to Black Rabbit's Betty, but it can be interchangable once Black Rabbit is revealed to be Teru; Hinata can be considered the Betty.
- Curtains Match the Window: Black hair, black eyes.
- Green-Eyed Monster: Gets jealous of Black Rabbit, Hikage's first friend, who turns out to be Teru.
- Heterosexual Lifepartners: He's been best friends with Teru since elementary school. In one Omake, their fangirls envies their close friendship, as they can never hope to get such intimate moment with either one of them.
- Nice Guy: He's very kind and supportive to everyone, and is the first "real" person to actually notice Hikage.
- Official Couple: Finally ends up with Hikage.
- Red Herring: Hikage believes him to be "Black Rabbit", as both were the most prominent figures of support that she has. When she goes to meet him in person, it turns out that Black Rabbit is actually Teru.
- School Idol: He's one of the most popular guys in his school (the other being Teru), and is always surrounded by fangirls.
- Shrinking Violet: As a child, he was very timid and was frequently teased/picked on by his other classmates. And even though he's grown to be a tough Kendo master, as well as a School Idol, he still can't bring himself to say "no" to his fans at times.
Teru MikamiHinata's best friend and an equally popular guy in school. Teru is much more easygoing than Hinata, but he tries to help Hikage, albeit in a very blunt manner.
- Did Not Get the Girl: Fell in love with Hikage halfway through the storyline, but realizes that she's already in love with Hinata.
- Dogged Nice Guy: Although he tries to support Hikage the best he could, she still chose Hinata over him.
- Hair Decorations: A male example. Teru wears two X-shaped clips on each side of his head.
- Heterosexual Life-Partners: He's been best friends with Hinata since elementary school, and had occasionally stepped in to save him from his fangirls' demands, which Hinata is too nice to say "no" to.
- I Want My Beloved to Be Happy: He knows that he has no chance with Hikage, but steps back so that she can be happy with Hinata.
- Jerkass Fašade: The reason for his Kick the Dog moments towards Hikage were actually to protect her, especially when she tries to fide Black Rabbit, who turns out to be Teru.
- Keet: He's always energetic, and is constantly the center of attention since his primary school years.
- Mysterious Protector: Is somewhat one to Hikage, but he wavers between protecting her and letting her fight her own battles. He continues to protect her as Black Rabbit as well.
- School Idol: Like Hinata, he's one of the most popular guys in their school.
- Troubled, but Cute: Despite his constantly cheerful demeanour as a School Idol, he has a troubled home life (his parents are divorced, and they blamed him for their broken relationship.
- Tsundere: Often goes back and forth between helping Hikage and acting like a jerk to her. He was also a bit of one towards Hinata when they were children, insulting him and then complimenting him afterwards.
- The Unfavorite: Teru towards his parents during their divorce — his mother even telling Teru that without him, their marriage would have been easier — which led him to believe that their divorce was his fault.
Black Rabbit (Teru Mikami) and MegaPIG (Aoi Nanjō)Hikage's two online friends who have always supported her.
- Animal Motifs: A rabbit and a pig, respectively.
- Betty and Veronica: Black Rabbit is the Betty to Hinata's Veronica, but it can be interchangable once Black Rabbit is revealed to be Teru; Black Rabbit/Teru can be considered the Veronica, given Teru's jerk-like personality.
- GIFT: MegaPIG. He acts aggressive and rude online, but is really shy and has difficulty with talking to others in real life.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: Both of them.
- Megane: MegaPIG is revealed to be a socially awkward guy who wears nerdy glasses.
- Mysterious Protector: Both guys have always supported Hikage throughout most of her life, even though she has no idea who they really are.
- The Reveal: Teru is Black Rabbit.
- Shrinking Violet: MegaPIG in real life.
- Tsundere: Both of them towards Hikage — Black Rabbit by giving Hikage tough love advice which is ultimately for her benefit, and MegaPIG by his apparent rudeness and interpretative niceness.
Arisa TakaniA classmate of Hikage's that she befriends.
AyaA girl who often bullies Hikage in an attempt to get her away from Hinata.
- Alpha Bitch
- Blondes Are Evil: Subverted. See Freudian Excuse.
- Clingy Jealous Girl
- Freudian Excuse: Aya started out just like Hikage — alone and desiring friends. When Aya started liking Hinata, many girls befriended her out of their mutual affections for Hinata and made Aya feel like she belonged. And everyone defended Hikage from her, Aya lost both her friends and her reputation — leading to her Woman Scorned revenge on Hikage. She gets better.
- Friendless Background
- Green-Eyed Monster
- Heel-Face Turn: After Hikage gives her a Cool Down Hug and apologizes to her.
- I Just Want to Have Friends: Before she made friends out of their mutual affections for Hinata, and then after she is shunned by everyone.
- Kick the Dog: Is a constant offender to Hikage via Malicious Slander. Her last attempts on Hikage involves trying to ruin Hikage's relationships with Hinata, Teru, and their class, and destroying Hikage's sunflower.
- Manipulative Bitch
- Relationship Sabotage
- Woman Scorned