open/close all folders
- Boyish Short Hair: Alex's hair was a little below her chin at the Valentine's Day ball.
- Megaton Punch: With Verve.
- Cowardly Lion: In the future, when she becomes an expert ninja... that no one except Hank will know about.
- Crush Blush: Not that Calla needs to be around her crushes to blush.
- Friendless Background: Aside from Lilly, Calla didn't have any friends before Shibusen.
- Full-Name Basis: She tends to address people by their full name until she feels comfortable around them.
- Girls Love Stuffed Animals: She's aware it's childish, but she loves them anyways... a lot.
- Hates Being Touched: Though she's made a lot of progress on this front!
- Master of None: Calla's been learning a lot of different skills but she isn't great at anything.
- The Nondescript: Wait, who's this trope for?
- Shrinking Violet: Except she's not as dramatic or shy-shy as is described.
- Black Sheep
- For Happiness
- Mad Dreamer
- Misfit Mobilization Moment
- Please Don't Leave Me
- Reluctant Psycho
- Starving Artist
- The Force Is Strong with This One
- Think Happy Thoughts
- Alpha Bitch
- Artificial Human
- Bandage Babe: Covered from head to toe in them
- Choice of Two Weapons: You know... or nine between Kendrick and Yuri
- Achilles' Heel: Hand-to-Hand Combat. So much that despite Galatea's noteworthy skill with her weapons, her hand-to-hand skills bring her general combat average to a three out of ten.
- Dark Action Girl:
- Deadpan Snarker:
- Defrosting Ice Queen: Hopefully
- Fantastically Indifferent: It looks like it's all "been there done that" for her.
- Femme Fatale
- Humanoid Abomination: But is she actually several abominations, or just one?
- Irony One of the most unfriendly characters in the roleplay, but has the ability to resonate with anyone
- Knight in Sour Armor: Not currently, but will eventually become this
- Narcissist: And how
- Our Zombies Are Different
Sorcha "Scorch" T. Arx
- Action Girl
- Battle Couple: With Dio.
- Berserk Button: Smack-talk her friends and she'd happily blow your brains out with Soul Menace.
- Beware the Silly Ones
- Chainsaw Good: Chainsaw Massacre in the name of good.
- Crouching Moron, Hidden Badass: Scorch doesn't seem that great until she has something to hit.
- Determinator: Where there is a will, there is a way, and Scorch always has a will.
- The Ditz: The Arx's aren't exactly great thinkers.
- Dumb Muscle: Somewhat subverted because she has at least half a mind when it comes to combat or values.
- Fist of Rage: For her, the clenched fist is usually decorated with her wavelength flashing about.
- Hot-Blooded: Scorch doesn't have a lot of talents. She can't even tell the difference between broccoli and cauliflower, so when it comes to the few things she can do, such as beating her fists into stuff, she's more than ready to push her limits.
- It also explains why she'll get more than pissed off if her dedication is questioned.
- Intimidation Demonstration: That Soul Menace punch to the table was probably enough to show how pissed she was after Marcus' scolding.
- She also likes to make a show of cutting the ground with Dio or just make a lot of noise in general before attacking
- Lady Looks Like a Dude: Getting hit on by females is a pretty common occurrence, too.
- Lightning Bruiser: Her weaknesses being that she's a short-mid range specialist and her general lack of common sense.
- Malaproper: It takes Scorch at least a month to get somebody's name right but when she does, it's usually a sign of closeness.
- Mama Bear: Just don't touch her hat and you'll be okay.
- Oblivious to Love: It's astonishing, really.
- Odd Couple: One's a friendship-loving dunce and the other is pretty much a tamed sociopath.
- Odd Friendship: That hardly even begins to describe her relationship with Dio, though.
- Overprotective Dad: Except it's kind of hard to tell when he and Dio discuss what fanservice outfits Scorch could pull off the best.
- Pre-Ass-Kicking One-Liner: They may not be the greatest, but they almost always follow with mass destruction of the enemy.
- Raised by Dudes: Let's just say puberty was a very confusing time for her.
- Rage Against the Mentor: Not just infuriated with Marcus, but incredibly disappointed as well.
- Rule of Cool: The only reasonable explanation for why she's wearing a jacket in the freaking Nevada Desert.
- Supermode: Soul Resonance: Greedy Lumberjack. It may not be the most intimidating name, but the technique is rather brutal.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Okay, but does that mean everything else you wear has to be blue, too?
- Badass Normal: She doesn't have any fancy abilities or a special wavelength, just her own two fists.
- Dark Action Girl: 'Nough said.
- Lightning Bruiser: Fuck yeah.
- Nobody Touches the Hair: Seriously. Don't even try.
- Trying to Catch Me Fighting Dirty: There's pretty much nothing Vivi wouldn't do to win a fight.
- Weakness Turns Her On: Just imagine Vivi singing "never mind, I'll find someone like youuuu" to Randon.
- Action Girl:
- Blessed with Suck: She becomes a kishin if she absorbs too much insanity; since sometimes absorption happens automatically until she learns to willingly shut it out.
- Broken Smile: Accompanied by Hidden Eyes and quickly followed by Dissonant Serenity.
- "You left me Jeffy... Who gets to leave now?"
- Character Development: Aleida started off as a somewhat stoic, awkward, a-social girl who spoke the absolute minimum needed to get her point across. Since becoming Jeff's partner she's become much more social and expressive, although still quiet and introverted.
- Detect Evil: She can easily detect insanity wavelengths due to her own soul's reaction with it.
- Does Not Like Shoes:
- Feed It with Fire: She absorb insanity and get a powerboost from it (doesn't know this yet)
- Heroic Willpower: Broke through her madness (slightly) in order to stop herself from killing her partner.
- Mysterious Waif:
- Phlebotinum Overload: Too much insanity absorption and Aleida is guaranteed to become a kishin egg
- The Quiet One:
- Super Strength: After getting blasted with madness by Centamani she managed to pick her partner up and throw him a couple yards with minimal effort.
- Admiring the Abomination: Bathing in the blood of his victims seems to be a pastime of sorts.
- Allergic to Routine
- Ambiguous Disorder
- Beneath the Mask
- Berserk Button
- Blood Lust: Did you guys see him in the classroom during the first day of the war?
- Creepy Cute: The way he tears off the limbs of his enemies is just so darn precious.
- Cute and Psycho
- Psychopathic Manchild
- Sharpened to a Single Atom: Soul Resonance: Molecular Wire. The name says it all.
- Shattered Sanity: There was probably none to shatter to begin with.
- Woobie, Destroyer of Worlds: Destroyer of everything, you mean.
Dionisio Ruere Nasario
- Awesome by Analysis
- Badass Preacher
- Badass Longcoat
- Battle Couple: With Scorch
- Blood Knight: He likes killing things. Living things in particular. If it puts up a fight, even better.
- Chainsaw Good: His weapon form.
- Child Soldiers: Was trained and conditioned from childhood to fight, with gratuitous amounts of Training from Hell
- Church Militant
- Cool Bike: Owner of THE CHRISTBIKE.
- Combat Pragmatist: The number of things he won't do in a fight is quite the short list.
- Consummate Professional
- Four Eyes, Zero Soul
- Holy Hand Grenade
- Holier Than Thou: Subverted he doesn't even believe in God.
- It Amused Me: It's practically one of his main motivations to live aside from Scorch.
- Knife Nut: When not partially transforming himself he carries a good deal of these to fight with.
- Mid-Battle Tea Break: Stopping for Deathbucks isn't advised when the city is under attack.
- Seen It All: Contributes to his stoic attitude towards everything.
- Sociopathic Hero: He's dedicated to cleansing heresy and wiping out insanity but he's also liable to do things like say.. Shoot the Hostage,
- The Nicknamer: Rare is the time he'll mention someone by their actual name and not one he makes up on the spot.
- The Stoic: The number of times he's visibly shown emotion can be listed on one hand.
- An Axe to Grind
- Artificial Human
- Axe-Crazy: Considering this is one of her five weapon forms, you could say this literally.
- Chainsaw Good
- Creepy Children Singing: Featuring songs by Sleigh Bells and Bob Marley.
- Cute and Psycho
- Cute Monster Girl
- Drop the Hammer
- Glass Cannon
- Grappling-Hook Pistol
- Humanoid Abomination
- Hidden Depths: Master strategist on the inside, creepy and childish on the outside.. and inside
- Could also be considered a Genius Ditz, but in normal situations Yuri doesn't appear stupid... just highly immature.
- Informed Ability: Unfortunately Yuri hasn't had an opportunity to exhibit one of her greatest talents
- Mama Bear : Towards Kinque
- Our Zombies Are Different
- Powerful Pick
- Psychopathic Manchild
- Slasher Smile
- Swiss Army Weapon: She can be an axe, mallet, pick-axe, chainsaw, or a grappling hook.
Henry "Hank" Jamerson
Jet Xiao Lon
- Damn, It Feels Good to Be a Gangster!: Being a student of DWMA seems to be taming him, though. To some extent. Sort of.
- Swiss Army Weapon: Gang-weapon themed.
Michelle "Mitchie" Taylor
- The Fashionista
- Gratuitous French
- Human Shield: Just let the validity of this trope think in.
- Luckily, My Shield Will Protect Me: Except she is the shield.
- Spoiled Sweet
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair
Verve Advance With Certainty
- Apron Matron
- Frying Pan of Doom: "I'm a wok, not a frying pan!"
- Mama Bear
- Staring Down Cthulhu
- Supreme Chef
- Swiss Army Weapon: It doesn't get any better than a kitchen-themed multi-weapon.
- Team Mom
- Violently Protective Girlfriend
- DYNAMIC ENTRY - This is a must for when it is ridden into scenes.
- LEITMOTIF - Holy Diver, by Dio, also doubles as Battle Theme Music
- MORE DAKKA - Was designed with this in mind
Sabin T. Arx