open/close all folders
Sorcha "Scorch" T. Arx
- Action Girl
- Battle Couple: With Dio.
- Berserk Button: Smack-talk her friends and she'd happily blow your brains out with Soul Menace.
- Beware the Silly Ones
- Chainsaw Good: Chainsaw Massacre in the name of good.
- Crouching Moron, Hidden Badass: Scorch doesn't seem that great until she has something to hit.
- Determinator: Where there is a will, there is a way, and Scorch always has a will.
- The Ditz: The Arx's aren't exactly great thinkers.
- Dumb Muscle: Somewhat subverted because she has at least half a mind when it comes to combat or values.
- Fist of Rage: For her, the clenched fist is usually decorated with her wavelength flashing about.
- Hot-Blooded: Scorch doesn't have a lot of talents. She can't even tell the difference between broccoli and cauliflower, so when it comes to the few things she can do, such as beating her fists into stuff, she's more than ready to push her limits.
- Intimidation Demonstration: That Soul Menace punch to the table was probably enough to show how pissed she was after Marcus' scolding.
- She also likes to make a show of cutting the ground with Dio or just make a lot of noise in general before attacking
- Lady Looks Like a Dude: Getting hit on by females is a pretty common occurrence, too.
- Lightning Bruiser: Her weaknesses being that she's a short-mid range specialist and her general lack of common sense.
- Malaproper: It takes Scorch at least a month to get somebody's name right but when she does, it's usually a sign of closeness.
- Mama Bear: Just don't touch her hat and you'll be okay.
- Oblivious to Love: It's astonishing, really.
- Odd Couple: One's a friendship-loving dunce and the other is pretty much a tamed sociopath.
- Odd Friendship: That hardly even begins to describe her relationship with Dio, though.
- Overprotective Dad: Except it's kind of hard to tell when he and Dio discuss what fanservice outfits Scorch could pull off the best.
- Pre-Asskicking One-Liner: They may not be the greatest, but they almost always follow with mass destruction of the enemy.
- Raised by Dudes: Let's just say puberty was a very confusing time for her.
- Rage Against the Mentor: Not just infuriated with Marcus, but incredibly disappointed as well.
- Rule of Cool: The only reasonable explanation for why she's wearing a jacket in the freaking Nevada Desert.
- Supermode: Soul Resonance: Greedy Lumberjack. It may not be the most intimidating name, but the technique is rather brutal.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Okay, but does that mean everything else you wear has to be blue, too?
- Action Girl:
- Blessed with Suck: She becomes a kishin if she absorbs too much insanity; since sometimes absorption happens automatically until she learns to willingly shut it out.
- Broken Smile: Accompanied by Hidden Eyes and quickly followed by Dissonant Serenity.
- Character Development: Aleida started off as a somewhat stoic, awkward, a-social girl who spoke the absolute minimum needed to get her point across. Since becoming Jeff's partner she's become much more social and expressive, although still quiet and introverted.
- Detect Evil: She can easily detect insanity wavelengths due to her own soul's reaction with it.
- Does Not Like Shoes:
- Feed It with Fire: She absorb insanity and get a powerboost from it (doesn't know this yet)
- Heroic Willpower: Broke through her madness (slightly) in order to stop herself from killing her partner.
- Mysterious Waif:
- Phlebotinum Overload: Too much insanity absorption and Aleida is guaranteed to become a kishin egg
- The Quiet One:
- Super Strength: After getting blasted with madness by Centamani she managed to pick her partner up and throw him a couple yards with minimal effort.
Dionisio Ruere Nasario
Henry "Hank" Jamerson
Jet Xiao Lon
Michelle "Mitchie" Taylor
Verve Advance With Certainty
Resident Vehicle of Awesome
Sabin T. Arx