Voiced by: Mai NakaharaA sensible mediator between humankind and the fairies. She is one of the few humans left capable of creating sweets, which causes the fairies to naturally flock to her. Having observed the slow decline of humanity, her outlook on life is grim.
- Bad Liar: She's not that good at making excuses for the fairies' mischief. Y explicitly calls her out on this during their school days.
- Chronic Hero Syndrome: Despite being overly pragmatic (and somewhat lazy), the Mediator will usually go out her way to help others. This was most prominently featured in episode 6, in which she sabotages the electric generator in order to prevent P-ko and O-taro from leaving the solar system.
- Defrosting the Ice Queen: Starts off as an aloof and distant individual during the beginning of her first year in school. She loosens up after making friends.
- Everyone Calls Him "Barkeep": Everyone refers to her as the Mediator.
- Fire-Forged Friends: Grows into this with Y, after the latter coughs up some interesting information on the individual members of the Wildrose Society...
- First-Person Smartass: She has her moments.
- First Person Snarker
- I Just Want to Have Friends: Episode 11 focuses almost entirely on this.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: Beneath all that pessimism and apathy is a genuinely nice person.
- No Name Given: The ending credits list her as "Watashi".
- Prehensile Hair: A side effect of the Fairy Co. hair grow Lotion
- Rapunzel Hair: Her hair starts out as short in the first episode, but then she uses a Fairy Co. hair tonic that makes it grow down to her hips.
- Sugar-and-Ice Personality: Aloof and standoffish (more so when she was younger) but a sweetheart when you get right down to it.
- Sweet Tooth: Possibly, seeing as how she bakes sweets as a hobby.
- The Smart Girl
- The Stoic: Very much so.
- "The Reason You Suck" Speech: Delivers a particular nasty one to Y when they were in school.
- Tsundere: During her school days.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Pink hair, in her case.
Voiced by: Miyuki SawashiroAn old classmate of the Mediator whose job is to identify human artifacts.
- I Just Want to Have Friends: During her younger years.
- Large Ham : When she's talking about her passion.
- One-Letter Name
- Shipping: Invoked and spoofed, she ships chess pieces!
- Tsurime Eyes
- Yaoi Fangirl: Becomes her source of income.
Voiced by: Jun FukuyamaA young boy in a Hawaiian shirt who almost never speaks and serves as the Mediator's assistant.
- Camera Fiend: He is rarely seen without a video camera.
- Cute Mute
- Everyone Calls Him "Barkeep": He's only known as the Assistant.
- The Silent Bob: The Mediator can hold conversations with him without him needing to talk.
- Wild Child: Just hidden by the fact he doesn't speak.
Voiced by: Nana MizukiA humanoid robot with cat ears.
- Cat Girl
- Electronic Speech Impediment: Her voice distorts whenever she tries to remember her name.
- Everybody Knew Already: It becomes fairly obvious that Pion is not human as the story goes on, but she only reveals the fact towards the end of her story.
- Magic Skirt: Just how is she able to fight in a skirt like that...?
- Robot Girl
- Scarf of Asskicking: And boy, does she ever.
- Unfortunate Name: Which leads to the Mediator to give her the nickname of P-ko.
- Verbal Tic: Ends sentences with "de arimasu", further lending to her weird personality.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: She has light blue hair.
Voiced by: Nobuyuki HiyamaA strange character, that appears in episode 6, and the target of the Pion's Mission, and is implied they are somehow related.
- Anthropomorphic Personification: Of the deep Space Probe Voyager
- Calling Your Attacks
- Do Androids Dream?: Its revealed that the reason he returned to Earth is because he felt alone in the immensity of space.
- Gratuitous English
- Everyone Calls Him "Barkeep": A odd example. As with Pion's name, its formed for some letters they remember of their real names being adapted into Japanese names ("O" and the suffix "-taro", that denotes a male name), but is revealed that his name is Voyager, just as the spacial Voyager Program, so overlaps with His Name Really Is "Barkeep".
- Moe Anthropomorphism
- Mega Neko: Killer Death Cat, his ultimate form, somehow.
- Motor Mouth: Talking about the Behemoth Bulldozer he built.
- Scarf of Asskicking: Trademark alongside with Pion/Piko. Its that so that he even uses it when in the Big Brother Suit
- Shout-Out: He gets a Big Brother Suit out of nowhere in episode 6.
- Spear Counterpart: To Pion.
- Techno Babble: all of the specifications of the Behemoth are this, including a Old Wise Brain as a CPU and a Super Stellar Motor.
- Tsurime Eyes
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: He has cyan hair.