open/close all folders
The Mane Six
Twilight SparkleHad the comic continued, she would've been the Thane of Light in the Zone of Rods and Sterlingnote
- Heroic BSOD: Breaks down after reading Celestia's letter explaining that they HAVE to enter SBALE, and that the fate of Equestria hangs on their success.
- Not So Different: Compares herself to Rose — more specifically, she compares the mare she used to be before discovering the magic of friendship to Rose.
- Only Sane Mare
ApplejackThe Heir of Earth, her land is the Land of Fire and Water.
- Cannot Spit It Out: Can't bring herself to tell Rainbow Dash how she feels.
- Dishing Out Dirt: Her Aspect.
- Inadequate Inheritor: Golden Rule doesn't exactly approve of her being one of the Princesses of Prospit, seeing her as too traditional and uncreative.
- She Is the King: Is known as The Heir rather than Heiress; Golden Rule also disapproves of this.
Rainbow DashThe Sage of Time, her realm is the Land of Youth and Longing.
- Luke, I Am Your Father: She and Scootaloo are cousins in this continuity.
- Family Relationship Switcheroo: Truthfully, she's her older sister by adoption. Their father, however, believes that she's a gift from Chrysaor, the rainbow pony god, and insists they call her their niece instead.
- Suspiciously Specific Denial: A habit of hers, particularly when it comes to a certain crush and anything to do with 'foals' stories'.
- Time Master
Rarity ScratchThe Judge of Space, whose realm is the Land of Rocks and Frogs.
- Dreaming of Things to Come: She awakened on Prospit long before Twilight ever came to Ponyville.
- Happily Adopted: At least, she used to be...
- I Was Quite a Fashion Victim
- Parental Abandonment: Used to have a wonderful relationship with her mother, until she told her she was giving her up to take a touring gig.
- Mommy Had A Good Reason For Abandoning You: She explained her reasoning back then: she saw Rarity as far better than her, and destined for greater things — things she couldn't provide for the filly herself.
Pinkie PieThe Bard of Doom, whose realm is the Land of Frosting and Treasure.
- Breaking the Fourth Wall: While still capable of this, she's consciously chosen to avoid doing so for the duration of this adventure.
- Conspiracy Theorist: Being named the heir of Sugarcube Corner has her convinced that somepony's out to get her.
- Properly Paranoid: She's correct.
- Heroic BSOD: A short, but very understandable one when she explains to Twilight that her Pinkie Sense hasn't predicted any deaths... right before Candy Mane is killed.
FluttershyThe Dame of Rage, of the Land of Sand and Disco.
Spike and the Cutie Mark Crusaders
- Death by Childbirth: Her mother; she's aware of this, but doesn't fully understand what it means.
- Shipper on Deck: Briefly supports Dash/Big Mac, but reconsiders when she hears him ask if Dash is ready for a filly.
- Parental Abandonment: Like Rarity, though the circumstances are slightly different in her case. She seems to be the result of a fling their mother had, who was then dumped on Rarity's doorstep.
Other Mane Family Members
- Mommy Had A Good Reason For Abandoning You: Mainly, she felt she couldn't give her daughters the lives they deserved.
Aunt Ember DashA purple coated, pink-haired pegasus with a star cutie mark. Rainbow Dash's aunt and Scootaloo's mother.
- Amazingly Embarrassing Auntie: She's very candid about discussing intimacy, much to Dash's frustration.
- Hair Decs: Wore a big blue tail-bow as a filly, then changed that to having ribbons braided into her mane as she got older. As an adult, she doesn't wear anything.
- Power Gives You Wings: Chryasor blessed Ember, turning her into a pegasus. Unfortunately, she fears that since she's not a natural-born pegasus, that might've effected her daughter's wing strength.
- Shipper on Deck: Teases Rainbow Dash about potentially getting together with Big Mac.
- Troll: Towards Rainbow Dash when she feeds her just enough rope to hang herself with.
Uncle Nth Degree DashRainbow Dash's uncle and Scootaloo's father, an orange pegasus with rainbow-colored hair.
- Parental Marriage Veto: His folks weren't too pleased with his relationship with Ember, since she wasn't a Rainbow Pony.
VelvetTwilight's mother, who also happens to be a childhood friend of Ember's.
Ponyville Citizens of Varying Importance
Bubblecup (Derpy Hooves)
- Malaproper: When she gets excited or upset, she struggles with her tenses and picks words that aren't quite what she meant.
Golden Harvest ('Carrot Top')
- Metaphorgotten: Has a tendency to become easily distracted and ramble.
- Conspiracy Theorist: She'd love to share everything she suspects with the readers, but the narrative keeps insisting she's unimportant.
- Obfuscating Stupidity: She deliberately screwed up the banner in "Swarm of the Century" so that Twilight would dismiss her as a simpleton.
Amethyst Star (Sparkler)
MedleyA green pegasus with a bit of a persecution complex.
- Stalker Without A Crush: To Rainbow Dash.
ParasolA light yellow pegasus who works as a freelance weather enthusiast rather than on an official weather team.
Golden RuleThe White Queen of Prospit. Though she does her best to guide her people and serve Skaia, she struggles to rein in her overly sharp tongue.
- Blessed with Suck: She's completely aware of what the future holds for her.
- Chess Motifs: Her legs are segmented in such a way as to evoke the base of a chess piece. She also has a sort of sweeping collar/neckline and a simple white crown, all driving home playing piece imagery.
- Fantastic Racism: She considers both Applejack and Twilight Sparkle to be perfect examples of Dersites; due to this, she's less than pleased at having Applejack as 'the Heir'.
- God Save Us from the Queen!: This stereotype actually led to her anger issues, as Skaia figured that queens should be evil and compromised by making her a 'wickedly good queen'. Golden Rule isn't too thrilled to hear that.
- Nice Job Breaking It, Hero: The game hasn't even started yet, and Golden Rule has already managed to alienate two of her three princesses. Not clear yet if she'll manage to go three for three.
- Not Helping Your Case: Her dismissive attitude towards her subjects and insistance that she be permitted to listen to a private record leads to her very quickly alienating Rarity.
- Smite Me, O Mighty Smiter: Since she already knows her fate, she feels it's fine for her to call Skaia out.
- We Have Reserves: Given that they literally produce copies of every 'pawn' living in Prospit save for the King, the Princesses' dream selves, and herself, she has this attitude towards her subjects.
- Well-Intentioned Extremist: Prospit is in an All or Nothing war for existence with Derse, and she's already aware that she won't live to see the end of it. Therefore, she wants to give her subjects the best possible Princesses she can offer.
SkaiaA Sentient Cosmic Force which grants the dreamers of Prospit visions of the future. Takes the form of a white-haired, sky blue pegasus, and seems completely taken with Equestrian culture... perhaps a little too much so.
- Berserk Button: She really hates being called a child.
- Dreaming of Things to Come
- Hippomorphic Personification
- Invoked Trope: Really seems to enjoy doing this as part of her world-building.
- Light Is Not Good
- Multicolored Mane: Her mane's mostly white and curled like clouds, with a few parts which fade into blue, most promiently a small forelock.
- Red Eyes, Take Warning: She may be cute and a little ditzy, but you really don't wanna tick her off.
Important Figures in History and Myth
Love LockAn earth pony known for challenging the Batterqueen, leading to the founding of Sugarcube Corner. Had a very distinctively styled mane, including a heart-shaped lock at the front of her bangs.
- Non-Standard Character Design: Her mane isn't the Playdough-ish one that her original MAD version had, but it is weirdly chunky. Her permanently shrunken pupils might be a reference to this.
- Not So Different: Both she and the Batterqueen had immense amounts of Pride; however, Love Lock was confident about what she could achieve with her friends, while the Batterqueen only cared about her own skills.