TV Tropes Needs Your Help
View Kickstarter Project
Big things are happening on TV Tropes! New admins, new designs, fewer ads, mobile versions, beta testing opportunities, thematic discovery engine, fun trope tools and toys, and much more - Learn how to help here
and discuss here
Characters: High School D×D - Other Characters
Other characters featured in High School D×D
Other Character Pages:
open/close all folders
Kuoh Academy Students
Matsuda and Motohama
Matsuda voiced by: Yasuaki Takumi (Japanese), Tyson Rinehart (English)
Motohama voiced by: Takuro Nakakuni (Japanese), Ruben Tadeo Garcia (English)
Issei's friends at Kuou Academy. They are just as perverted as he is.
- Jerkass: They become this because of Issei hanging around the Occult Club girls. Squandering completely fake rumors about Issei, anyone?
- Loveable Sex Maniac: YMMV on the Loveable part though.
- Scary Shiny Glasses: Motohama wears one and uses it to measure a girl's B-W-H.
- Those Two Guys
- Wham Line: Even they're capable of pulling off one! To be specific, it's when both guys point out to Issei about the magicians. Which means for Issei, nowhere is safe.
- With Friends Like These...
- Wrestler in All of Us: Both of them do a combined Brain Buster on Issei when he introduced them to Mil-tan and friends.
Murayama and Katase
Murayama voiced by: Yui Ogura
(Japanese), Haley Esposito (English)
Two of Issei's classmates who are members of Kuoh Academy's girl's kendo club.
Voiced by: Haruka Yamazaki (Japanese)
Asia's friend and is also Issei's classmate.
A third-year student at Kuoh Academy and the captain of the tennis club. She's also a beast master.
Voiced by: Tsuyoshi Aoki (Japanese), Ricco Fajardo (English)
Issei's first customer who's also an Otaku
One of Issei's first customers and is cosplaying as a Magical Girl
but is also a guy.
- Chekhov's Gunman: Whatever he is, he is a special case. Considering he nullifies Leviathan's hypnosis magic and beats the crap out of wizards with nothing but his fists...
- Creepy Crossdresser: Well what do you call someone who's big, well built, and is cosplaying as a magical girl?
- Verbal Tic: Ends his sentences with "nyo". Even Issei says it when he was first introduced (though it's more like a Big "NO!" with how he said it).
One of Issei's first customers who first appeared in the Volume 8 side stories (episode 6 in the anime). An exchange student who's an avid fan of Japan back in the old days.
A member of the Tepes Vampire Faction, a patriarchal faction, and Gasper's Childhood Friend
. She is also the wielder of the Longinus Sephiroth's Grail.
A high ranking vampire of the Camilla Vampire Faction, a matriarchal faction.
- Heroic BSOD: After her fellow vampires decided to attain more power and eternal life with the Sephiroth Grail.
- Proud Warrior Race Guy: Pure-blooded vampires only care about themselves; anything else is underneath them.
Parents of Issei.
Mr. Hyoudou voiced by:
Mitsuro Ogata (Japanese), Sonny Strait
Mrs. Hyoudou voiced by: Sachiko Kojima (Japanese), Jessica Cavanagh (English)
- Doting Parents: Surprisingly, to Asia which Issei notes but doesn't seem to care.
- Grandma, What Massive Hotness You Have: If it wasn't for her smile lines you could swear she was ten years younger.
- Locked Out of the Loop: While they know that Issei's harem is staying at his house, what they don't know is that their house is occupied by the sister of one of the four lords of hell, a half-fallen angel-half human-turned-devil, a nun-turned-devil, a Cat Girl, a former exorcist-turned-devil, a reincarnated angel, a valkyrie-turned-devil and the most powerful dragon. Not to mention, they don't know that their son is also a dragon-devil.
- Not So Different: It was hint that both his parents were lustful back in their days where his father get ecchi stuff and his mom wore a Naked Apron. There's also the fact Mrs. Hyoudou has no problem with the girls doing so as well.
- We Want Grandkids: They were initially on the verge of giving up due to Issei's perverted nature, but later on as Issei (unknowingly) builds his harem, they started to regain hope.
An exorcist for the fallen angels, he first appears in the story in Volume 1 (Episode 3 of the anime) when he kills a human who has a devil contract, saying that all devils and humans who contact devils must be killed.
- Ax-Crazy: Yep, he's a nutcase.
- Evil Is Hammy: He seems to overact his scenes, and seems to enjoy doing it.
- Gratuitous English: He peppers his speech with random English words.
- He Who Fights Monsters: The only reason he joined the Church is so he could fight demons.
- I'm a Humanitarian: In the sixth volume, he gets turned into a chimera and when the club meets with him again, he's shown to be eating the two remaining knights Diodora had.
- Knight Templar
- Large Ham: We think his seiyuu had a hammy time delivering his lines.
- Light Is Not Good
- Minor Injury Overreaction: He gets punched in the face by Issei and from there proceeds to lose all sanity.
- Playing Against Type: Kirito and Godou by all accounts are heroic. This guy however, isn't.
- Red Eyes, Take Warning
- Sex Is Violence: He outright states that he's getting hard just from the "killing intent" in Akeno's gaze, and generally acts as if torture and murder are his favorite turn-ons.
- Shout-Out: The Excalibur itself is a shout out to a lot of series so it isn't that new; it's how he says it becomes this trope.
- The Only One Allowed to Defeat You: Towards Issei for hitting his face.
- Teen Genius: Was apparently an exorcist when he was 13 years old.
- Villain Decay: At the start he is presented as a serious threat and actually proved to be a challenge even for Kiba and Koneko. Five volumes later, he gets one-shotted by Kiba.
- Wake-Up Call Boss: Played with. Issei hasn't really fought any battles yet (and the ones he was involved in usually ended up getting him killed, or at least hurt badly). But when he encounters Freed for the first time, he knows that he's outclassed and even Rias apologizes to him since they hadn't realized a rogue exorcist was around.
The deceased human wife of Baraqiel and mother of Akeno.