Characters: High School D×D - The Khaos Brigade
Characters affiliated with the Khaos Brigade of High School D×D
Other Character Pages:
open/close all folders
The Vali Team
Tropes relating to all of them:
- Badass Crew
- Five-Man Band
- Friendly Enemy: More to the Gremory team rather than The Alliance (They ARE wanted terrorists after all).
- Hero of Another Story: They have their own adventures as well as battles that they've fought. We have only seen one story from their perspective so far, while the rest have been through second-hand story telling.
- The Pardon: For their help against the Remnants of the Khaos Brigade, The Vali Team not only are allowed to join The Alliance but are receive pardons for thier actions. This allows La Fay to make a Magician's Contract with Issei.
- Ragtag Bunch of Misfits: Who, according to Issei, have nothing better to do.
- Walking the Earth
Species: Human/Devil Hybrid
Current wielder of Divine Dividing, the Sacred Gear containing the White Dragon Albion, Vali is a warrior in the service of Azazel before defecting to the Khaos Brigade because peace is boring for him. He is also the great-grandson of the original Lucifer, but doesn't seem to care about that.
- The Ace: He's descended from the original Lucifer, and as such, he has enough magical power and potential to learn Norse magic by simply reading it. He's also extremely strong and can maintain Balance Breaker for months, according to Azazel. To top it off he could control and use Juggernaut Drive for a few minutes without losing control, making him a Foil to Issei.
- Achilles' Heel: Like Issei, he's also weak to both anti-dragon and anti-devil attacks (former because he's, well, a dragon, and the latter is because he's a descendant of the original Lucifer).
- Badass Bookworm: He has just read through Norse magic in a day and suddenly is able to pull off those crazy moves.
- Badass Creed: His new Juggernaut Drive chant, Juggernaut Overdrive.
"I, who is about to awaken, am the White Dragon who will take the law down to the darkness. What we strengthen is the height of the Heavenly Dragon! The path we go is the road of the domination of the White Dragon! We stop the infinite and devour the dream! I walk the road of domination with infinite destruction and by piercing through the imaginary dream. I shall become a pure Emperor of White Dragon. And I shall have you obey the silver-white illusions and the perfect evil ways."
- Berserk Button: He is utterly pissed when he sees his grandfather Rizevim Lucifer again.
- Better Than Sex: He'd rather be fighting strong opponents than having sex and is definitely one of the few men in the series who's not a pervert.
- Blood Knight: It's his lifelong goal, thus the peace between devils, fallen angels and angels doesn't sit too well for him.
- Born Winner: Just take a look at what he has.
- Curb-Stomp Battle: Delivers this to Kokabiel and Pluto (via a Reality-Breaking Paradox).
- Defeat Means Friendship: How he got Juggernaut Overdrive. Rather than talking to the past possessors of Divine Dividing, he literally beats the crap out of them.
- Evil Counterpart: To Issei.
- Expy: He looks like Guy Cecil or Flynn Scifo, and his White Dragon Emperor form resembles the Lancelot Albion.
- Foil: To Issei — he's talented, and said to be the strongest holder of Divine Dividing thus far, while Issei lacks any kind of talent and is said to be the weakest holder of Boasted Gear thus far. In terms of personality Vali is more interested in fighting just as Issei is towards sex.
- I Was Just Passing Through: His excuse for rescuing Asia from the void. Turns out he was also trying to get Gogmagog, and just happened to see Asia.
- The Juggernaut: He also has access to Juggernaut Drive, but it won't kill him because he can temporarily control it by consuming his vast magic reserves inherited from the original Lucifer.
- Lightning Bruiser
- Not Distracted by the Sexy: Always kept getting teased by Kuroka to make out with her already but rare bats an eye at her as much as he does any prospective opponent.
- Parental Abandonment: Abandoned by his parents because they thought he was a real monster until he was raised by Azazel.
- The Plan: Him helping out the Kuou group was because he wanted to take Fenrir. The group, however, just only needed his teeth, and yet he Took a Third Option.
- The Rival: To Issei.
- Privileged Rival: He's descended from the old Lucifer and is thus extremely magically talented. This contrasts with Issei's lack of talent in magic and his normal background.
- Rivals Team Up: He and Issei teamed up against Loki.
- Super Power Lottery: Won it big. Not only does he wield Divine Dividing, which can halve an opponent's power and add it to his own, but he also inherited the original Lucifer's massive reserves of magical energy, plus he has enough talent to learn most spells by just reading about them.
- Villains Out Shopping: Him and Bikou encounter Issei, congratulate him, and went to the ramen shop.
- Worf Had The Flu: Couldn't use Juggernaut Drive against Cao Cao because he was poisoned by an arrow coated with Samael's blood.
- Worthy Opponent: He really sees Issei as this.
Koneko's older sister and also one of the most dangerous stray devils after killing her master. Except it was an act of self-defense (both for her and Koneko) against their master, who experimented on various subjects before turning to them to become more powerful.
- Blood Knight
- Boobs of Steel: Well, she's a nekomata and she did kill her former master in cold blood.
- Cain and Abel: Except this time, Kuroka has a good reason to kill her and Koneko's master, even if this causes a rift between them.
- Cat Girl
- Cool Big Sis: Not that she'll ever admit it.
- Freudian Excuse: Her and Koneko's master was conducting experiments to make his team and his blood relatives stronger. When he turned to both of them, Kuroka's sisterly instincts kicked in.
- Innocent Cohabitation: She moves to the Hyodo Residence as a semi-permanent resident in Volume 14.
- Knight Templar Big Sister: Just try harming Koneko in her presence.
- Light Feminine Dark Feminine: The dark to Le Fay and Koneko's light.
- Meaningful Name: Her name means "Black Song", referring to her hair color.
- Oh Crap: When she fires a blast of senjutsu and youjutsu at Issei's newly-attained (and perfected) Balance Breaker and it didn't break a dent.
- Sibling Yin-Yang: With Koneko. Their hair colors are even the exact opposites.
- Taking the Bullet: Took Vali's blast which got reflected by Cao Cao going towards Koneko.
- The Tease: Often teases Issei every once in a while just to see her sister's reaction.
- Verbal Tic: Ends her sentences with "nyan".
Species: Monkey/Human Hybrid
A descendant of Son Wukong
, he first appears in Volume 4 of the novels, picking up Vali who was about to release Juggernaut Mode against Issei.
Arthur is the same-named descendant of the legendary British warlord
and wielder of the strongest piece of Excalibur, as well as Collbrande (Caliburn), the sword in the stone.
Le Fay Pendragon
Arthur's sister and a powerful sorceress.
Formerly a creation of Loki, he joins Vali after losing to him.
A golem from British folklore, Gogmagog is a series of weapons created by the gods but abandoned in the Dimensional Gap before it was later picked up by Vali.
The Old Satan Faction
One of the devils of the Old Satan Faction who attacked at the peace conference.
The descendant of the original Asmodeus, he appears in the sixth volume to challenge Azazel, but is killed by Sirzechs.
The descendant of the original Beelzebub, he appears at the climax of the sixth volume to look at the failures of Diodora, thereby killing him. He comes back in Volume 11, all rebuilt but has lost most of his powers.
Tropes relating to them:
- Badass Normal: They're humans who could die right off the bat from just about anybody from any mythology. They still kick ass.
- Deadly Upgrade: Chaos Break, an injection that is capable of giving a massive power-up to humans at the cost of their bodies deteriorating to the point not even a phoenix tear can heal them.
- Deal with the Devil: Made a deal with Hades to acquire Samael, the Dragon Eater.
- Five-Bad Band:
- Humans Are Bastards: Definitely fits within the core group members.
- Humans Are Special: The only ones who could wield a Sacred Gear (and not artificial ones) are humans or former humans who either turned into angels or devils. Unfortunately, the Hero Faction are the villains for the third arc.
- Knight Templar: They seem to genuinely believe that killing gods and monsters are for a good cause.
- Like a Badass out of Hell: This is what Indra taunts Cao Cao, Georg, and Leonardo to pull off only because Issei already did it before.
- Named AND Descended After Somebody Famous
- Shown Their Work: In-universe at least.
- Undying Loyalty: When they're not Brainwashed and Crazy, Cao Cao's willing to let other Sacred Gear human users join him for his cause. They do follow him all the way through to the end as shown by the Mook Issei encountered.
- The Unfettered: Has shown to go absurb lengths to accomplish their goals.
- Unwitting Pawn: Gets suckered by Hades.
- Weak, but Skilled: They're all this, but Cao Cao deserves a special mention because according to Vali, he could be the strongest human being thanks to his True Longinus.
- Well-Intentioned Extremist: The only reason why they even formed the group was because the humans are the ones who get affected the most when three factions who have been going on a war with each other for a long time suddenly had a Peace Conference and created The Alliance.
- What Measure Is a Mook?: Sends a lot of Mooks towards the Occult Research Club to force them to reach Balance Breaker levels.
Leader of the Hero Faction and a descendant of Cao Cao
. He also wields the strongest Longinus, True Longinus.
- Affably Evil
- Awesomeness by Analysis: He beats his opponents by gathering intel on them and taking advantage of their weakpoints.
- Badass Normal: He's just a normal human being who has a Sacred Gear and almost always dominates in fights.
- Glass Cannon: All it takes to defeat him is just one hit from anybody in this series. Yet no one can land a hit on him.
- One-Man Army: Oh is he ever.
- Blade on a Stick: The True Longinus is the original spear that stabbed Jesus!
- Blood Knight: Clearly enjoys fighting tough opponents like Issei, but is more composed than other examples. Issei even compares him to a calmer version of Vali. When one of the members of Khaos Brigade showed him of an alternate world at peace, he found it boring.
- Combat Pragmatist: Encourages gathering information and fights extremely unfairly. Best examplified during his fight with Vali and Issei's group. He used Samael's poison to take out Vali and attacks the weakest links of the group knowing that Issei would protect them which he did. He in a instant he got rid of the two fighters that actually was a threat to him and weakened the other side immensely.
- Dangerously Genre Savvy: He'll study his enemies and perfect his style before even thinking of attacking his enemies.
- Expy: Other people in his group refer to him as the modern-day Cao Cao.
- Eye Scream: Issei manages to destroy one of Cao Cao's eyes, forcing him to use Medusa's eyes as a replacement.
- Foil: To Issei; both have companions who are willing to join the both of them, but while Issei, a devil, will not sacrifice anybody for his cause and does care for the well-being of other people, Cao Cao, a human, is willing to make sacrifices for his cause.
- Hoist by His Own Petard: He was so Crazy-Prepared that he neglected the fact that Samael's poison also works on snakes because of his Medusa eye. Yeah, that same Samael blood that Issei got coated with in his fight against Shalba.
- Irony: He even lampshades it.
- Idiot Ball: He just had to hold it before Issei fires off that Switch Princess button, even noting that Issei was acting out of character.
- Magnetic Hero: Despite the fact that he'll employ brainwashing for the humans with Sacred Gears who aren't willing to join his cause, there are also people who are willing to join him because he's accepted them and will die for them.
- Oh Crap: After seeing Rias get summoned instead of Great Red.
- Superpower Lottery: He won it by being the current wielder of the strongest Longinus.
- Sphere of Power: The True Longinus' Balance Breaker, Polar Night Longinus Chakra Valdine has SEVEN of them, each with a different power and name.
- This Cannot Be!: After True Longinus refuses to activate its Truth Idea towards Issei.
- Worthy Opponent: He praises both Issei and Kiba for being able to at least match him and tells the both of them to get stronger. He also thinks of Vali as such as well because the last time they fought, it was exhilarating.
A descendant of Georg Faust
who made a contract with Mephistopheles
. He also wields Dimension Lost, one of the four most powerful Longinus to exist.
One of the top two swordsmen of the Khaos Brigade faction (the other is Arthur). His Sacred Gear is "Twice Critical", the same Sacred Gear Raynare thought that Issei had.
- Blessed with Suck: Rather badly too. His Sacred Gear is Twice Critical which comes from dragons while Gram is a dragon killer. You can see where this is going if he tries combining the two.
- Dual Wielding: Triple wielding, all the way to sextuplet wielding.
- Hoist by His Own Petard: He gets killed by Kiba after Gram answered to Kiba instead of him.
- Master Swordsman: Took on both Kiba and Xenovia and won when they fought the first time.
- Oh Crap: When realizing that Rias' breasts are the breasts of miracles if combined with Issei's powers.
- Red Baron: "Chaos Edge" Sieg.
- This Cannot Be!: When Gram chooses Kiba as its master instead of him.
- We Can Rule Together: Offers Ajuka to fight against Sirzechs since he's the only one who could put up a fight with the latter. His answer? Wipe out all the devils that were present without even standing up.
A human being who inherited the spirit of Joan of Arc
and is also the wielder of the Sacred Gear, Blade Blacksmith which is a holy sword version of Kiba's Sword Birth.
- Deadly Upgrade: Injected herself with two Chaos Breaks when injecting with one was already deadly to begin with. She still gets curb stomped by Issei who at this point doesn't even have his Evil Pieces inside of him.
- Instant Awesome, Just Add Dragons: Her Balance Breaker allows her to summon a dragon made up of swords.
A human being who also has embodied the spirit of the hero, Heracles.
- Honor Before Reason: He threw away his Chaos Break injection at the last minute and decided to take on Sairaorg man-to-man. Needless to say, it doesn't work although Sairaorg was impressed with him.
- I Shall Taunt You: The reason why he and Saji fought in Volume 12.
- Kick Them While They Are Down: Stomps Sona on the ground when she and her group were trying to defend a bus full of kids.
- Oh Crap: As soon as he finds out that Sairaorg didn't even have a scratch when he used his Sacred Gear at full power.
- Projectile Spell: His Balance Breaker, Detonation Mighty Comet, makes him fire magic missiles at his opponents.
A boy who also has possession of the Longinus, Annihilation Maker and is also a descendant of Leonardo da Vincinote
Remnants of the Khaos Brigade
He first appears in volume 14, giving back Issei the three first-years who were kidnapped during the events just so he can study their fighting prowess. Oh and he's Grayfia's younger brother.
- Awesomeness by Analysis: By using the power of the Holy Grail he was able to create a replica of Issei's Boosted Gear from the information he collected of Ddraig's soul and the Sacred Gear from Issei's original body left in the Dimensional Gap.
- Badass: Curb stomped Issei while the latter has his CCQ armor equipped and Euclid has an imitation of the Scale Mail.
- Cain and Abel: He's the younger Cain to Grayfia's older Abel.
- Chekhov's Gunman: He's mentioned during the time when Grayfia mentions her family to Issei during her In Vino Veritas moment.
- The Comically Serious: He can make comments about Ddraig's state with a straight face.
- The Dragon: He's not the leader of the remnants of Khaos Brigade, but he does have a higher authority.
- Yandere: Very obsessed at Grayfia.
Rizevim Livan Lucifer
The current leader of the remaining forces of Khaos Brigade, the third super devil of the story, and the grandfather of Vali
Lilith The mascot of the Khaos Brigade Remnants, she is a being created from Ophis' stolen power.