open/close all folders
The Iron Tribe (Humans)
The protagonist of the series, Age is a young man raised by the Golden Tribe, who lived on the desolate planet Oron. His Nodos form, Bellcross, is the most powerful Heroic Tribe member remaining.
- Badass Adorable
- Batman Can Breathe in Space: A benefit of being a Nodos.
- The Dreaded: The Silver Tribe is a little fearful of him, due to him giving humanity the weapon they need to finally start winning some battles against the former. And just about every attempt they make at stopping him fails.
- Lightning Bruiser: Bellcross is strong, but very fast when he needs to be.
- Made Of Diamond: Ties in with Bellcross's "existence" power: there's very little in the series that can harm him.
- Megaton Punch: Bellcross's preferred form of attack.
- Messianic Archetype: In fact, he's the only man who is able to be physically close to Dhianeila without her collapsing, presumably due to his innocence.
- Nice Guy: He's quite a friendly person, and even befriends several of the antagonists as the show progresses.
- Person of Mass Destruction: Bellcross can destroy quite a few ships on his own as the Bronze and Silver tribes find out the hard way.
- Staying Alive: Bellcross has the power of "existence", meaning that he simply can't be killed. At one point, Lecty/Erymanthos tries using her time travel powers to kill him when he is at his most vulnerable — and fails 20,000 times.
- Third-Person Person: In Japanese.
- Unstoppable Rage: He can be prone to this in the heat of battle, though fortunately Dhianeila is able to bring him back to his senses anytime he does veer into this territory.
- Waif Prophet: He's a lot wiser than he initially appears, since he was raised by none other than the Golden Tribe.
- Wild Child: He doesn't understand much of manners or societal rules.
Dhianeila Y Leisha Altoria Ol Yunos
The Princess and leader of the Iron Tribe. She has considerable psychic abilities, but her inherent telepathy has made her extremely sensitive to other people's thoughts, as such she is usually isolated and attended only by her handmaidens.
Mobeedo Oz Mehelim
The commander of the Argonaut
. Father of Iolaous and the twins.
Iolaous Oz Mehelim
Head of the Yunos Knights, and son of the Argonaut
's captain. He has minor psychic powers in the form of Teleportation
. He harbors a crush on Dhianeila, and is often disapproving of Age's less serious antics.
Aneasha Ol Megarla
An attendant to Princess Dhianeila, and the head of the Argonaut
's medical staff.
Tail Ol Mehelim and Mail Al Mehelim
A pair of identical twin Mecha pilots, and attendants to Princess Dhianeila. Daughters of the Argonaut
's captain, and possess telekinetic abilities.
And old friend of Mobeedo and commander of one of the Iron Tribe's fleets.
Meleagros E Leisha Altria Oz Yunos and Atalantes Az Yunos
Dhianeila's elder brothers, the first and second princes of the royal family. They are very concerned with their own political gain and have dreams of winning glory in battle against the Silver Tribe. Unfortunately, they have no grasp of military strategy and are utter cowards when things don't go their way.
- Attack! Attack! Attack!: The only "strategy" they really know. The Silver Tribe takes advantage of this repeatedly to lure human fleets into traps.
- General Failure: Almost all of their military successes is due to Age and Dhianeila. Without them, they are pretty worthless in combat.
- Glory Hound: Pretty much their defining character trait.
- Karma Houdini: What do they get after all the trouble and death they cause throughout the show? A cushy job with a fair amount of power (albeit subordinate to Dhianeila).
- Royals Who Actually Do Something: Although most people wish they wouldn't.
- The All Solving Hammer: Atalantes in particular is rather fond of using the Althea's main gun on their problems.
- The Scrappy: Both in and out of universe. Several of the more competent military commanders privately express their contempt of the princes, and they aren't too well-liked among the fans either.
- We Have Reserves: Another reason their subordinates don't particularly like them. When deciding to ignite a fusion reaction in Jupiter's atmosphere, Nilval points out that their fleet will be damaged as well. Atalantes's response is a nonchalant "Some losses are inevitable."
The Silver Tribe
A Silver Tribesman who encounters the Argonaut
as it finds Age and Bellcross. His repeated failures to destroy the ship cause him to become obsessed with taking it down.
- Batman Can Breathe in Space: Demonstrates the ability to survive hard vacuum for at least a few minutes.
- Emotion Suppression: Fails at this after Dhianeila telepathically attacks him once to prevent him from destroying the Argonaut, which manages to affect him for the rest of the series.
One of the ideological leaders of the Silver Tribe, and the main proponent of the war against the Iron Tribe. He is in charge of the Silver Tribe's Nodos.
- Big Bad: Or at least, the closest the series has to one.
- Have You Seen My God?: His main motivation is trying to understand why the Golden Tribe left.
Another leader of the Silver Tribe, she is highly philosophical and greatly respected by her race. Throughout the series she ponders the Golden Tribe's intentions and what exactly is the meaning of the war with the Iron Tribe in that context.
The Silver Tribe's Nodos, a cold girl who is dedicated to her duty. Her Nodos, Cervius, possesses one of the Heroic Tribe's most destructive powers, and she is considered the Silver Tribe's final ace in the hole.
One of the Nodos under the dominion of the Silver Tribe. Karkinos is a calm man who prefers dialogue to battle, and has a close relationship with Yuty La.
One of the Nodos under the dominion of the Silver Tribe. Mehitak hates fighting and only serves the Silver Tribe under threat of his own people being wiped out.
One of the Nodos under the dominion of the Silver Tribe. She usually does not partake in combat directly, preferring to meddle in the timestream to affect the outcome of battles.