open/close all folders
The Character of HeroSmashThe player character.Associated tropes:
- The Cape
- Chest Insignia: You have the option to have one since its a super hero game.
- Cute Little Fangs: A possible facial feature.
- The Cowl
- Dark Is Not Evil: Your character can wear dark-styled clothing and be good at the same time.
- Hello, Insert Name Here: You can name your character.
- Heroic Albino/Evil Albino: Depends on The Player
- Jetpack: If The Character has a Jetpack even though The Character can fly without one
- Leotard of Power: Optional, mainly for female characters.
- Peek-a-Bangs: If The Character has an Emo Haircut
- Slapstick Knows No Gender: The physical gags in the cutscenes occur the same way to either a male or female character, such as when the character spills hot coffee over themselves.
- Super Hero: If you choose good.
- Superhero Packing Heat: If The Character used a gun all the time
- Super Villain: If you choose evil.
- Walking Swimsuit Scene: If you choose your character to be this.
- Would Hit a Girl: Since quite a few of the character's enemies in the game are female.
AntaresThe Symbol of GoodAssociated tropes:
Mister MaximumProtector of Super CityAssociated tropes:
- Chest Insignia
- I Love Nuclear Power: His backstory involves his former job at the city's nuclear power plant.
AstromanThe Astronomical AllyAssociated tropes:
General SmashAssociated tropes:
- She lied about protecting the Pandorian Malachite, wanting to sell it instead.
- This is due to her immense filial piety and her wish to help her father.
- Barrier Warrior: She is able to cast a small shield around herself in the Park War cutscene.
- Evil Eyebrows: An unusual example, as Demo is a heroine. She has skinny eyebrows that suit a villainess better, though.
- Glowing Eyes of Doom
- Good Is Not Nice: When you choose to fight for her during the cutscene at the end of the first half of the Resurrection storyline.
- She knocks your character away with her wrecking ball just to get you away from her fight with Da Vinci!
- She actually made her point when she told you to leave just because she didn't want any more people getting hurt because of her.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold
- Leotard of Power
- My Breasts Are Down Here Her leotard has glowing patterns on the chest.
- Standard Female Grab Area: The killbots that grab her in the park aim for her arms. She's unable to move as a result, but snarls at Luigi instead. Until Luigi laughs at her and points out her failure.
- Tomboyish Ponytail
- Whole Costume Reference To Psylocke from X-Men, perhaps?
- You Gotta Have Purple Hair: Her purple ponytail. She has brown hair under her helmet.
''HydraonnThe Lion-Hearted HeroAssociated tropes:
RockerThe Symbol of Evil.Associated tropes:
CharriesLeader of B.U.N.N.I.E.S.Associated tropes:
- The Grim Reaper
- Malevolent Masked Man
- Mask of Power
- Fun with Acronyms His organization's name means something else altogether.
- Even Evil Has Standards: She along with her rival Arctikiller go to stop a volcano from destroying the city because she says that she herself is the only one allowed to burn everything.
- Flaming Hair
- Playing with Fire
- The Rival: To Arctikiller.
- Trickster Mentor
- Affably Evil
- Even Evil Has Standards: Along with Electina, he gives you quests to stop the slime invasion in the Super City mall.
- Evil Mentor
- Obviously Evil
- Spikes of Villainy
- Wolverine Claws
Luigi DavinciAssociated tropes:
- Ear Notch
- Evil Genius
- Faux Affably Evil
- At first, he seems a little more polite than Demolicious, which is not saying very much. He seems to soften up a little bit by letting the player help in the park war, if they choose to do so.
- Later on, if the player decides to assist him in the apartment missions, Luigi complains that the malachite doesn't work as expected. He wants his brother (along with everyone else) to bow to his might.
- Luigi also thinks very poorly of his robotic and human minions, although he claimed that numbers were the most important thing in victory.
- Mad Scientist
- Malicious Slander: He accuses Demolicious of wanting to sell the Pandorian Malachite for her own selfish desires, and it is implied that the other heroes no longer respect her as a result. Without EVEN trying to ask her what she actually wanted to do with the malachite when they got back to Herospire.
- Red Eyes, Take Warning
- Take Over the World: That is, if he can use the malachite to revive his brother. He fails to revive said dead brother.
- "The Reason You Suck" Speech: He declares that Demolicious wanted to sell the heart for her own selfish desires, while she is hanging from a pair of his robots that grabbed her arms. He's only half right — the reason she wants to sell it is for money to help her sick dad.
- The Rival: To Demolicious.
- Well-Intentioned Extremist
- Would Hit a Girl: Indirectly, but he does order either his robots or the villainous player to throw Demolicious out of the park. We only see her being thrown out, but not the hit.
- Villain with Good Publicity: Nobody in the game calls him out for wanting to steal the malachite or slandering his opponent. The player has no option to give a Kirk Summation to him/just say Shut Up, Hannibal! either. Then again, most of the players blindly supported Luigi because they think Evil Is Cool.
TwiDeviant of The DarkAssociated tropes:
DarcronThe Bringer of DoomAssociated tropes:
Super DeathAssociated tropes:
YerganCEO of YercomAssociated tropes:
Marty PlumberAssociated tropes:
- Captain Ersatz: of Mario
Larry PlumberAssociated tropes:
- Captain Ersatz: of Luigi
Hero Heart Day
Hero Heart HarryAssociated tropes:
Hermie the ElfAssociated tropes:
Doodie the ElfAssociated tropes:
Platinum SurferAssociated tropes: