open/close all folders
Full Name: Kim Taeyeon
- Contagious Laughter
- Hidden Depths: no one really knows exactly what she went through emotionally a couple of years ago. She loves colouring books, as she says they calm her, and colour therapy is actually a method of coping with depression. She pulled through nonetheless.
- The Leader: Unfortunate responsibility as the oldest.
- Multicolored Hair: Seems to have a thing for dyeing the tips of her hair.
- Had blonde tips in 2011, affectionately dubbed "Pepero hair". (Pepero: Korean pocky sticks).
- In "The Boys": brunette, pink and blonde.
- Had a fuschia strip through her hair in Twinkle era.
- Green tips on blonde in I Got A Boy
- Red ends in Galaxy Supernova PV.
- No Sense of Direction: Apparently, once her destination was directly across the street but she took a taxi. The taxi driver gave her a strange look... and made a U-turn. Ten seconds of driving, tops.
- Older Than She Looks: Looks like a 10 year old kid sometimes. As the saying goes, Kim Taeyeon is immortal.
- Pretty Butterflies: Her signature contains a butterfly.
- Refusal of the Call: Expressed her desire to step down from the leader position at some point, but Sooyoung talked her into staying on.
- Resigned to the Call: Most fans still regard her as the leader of the group, and she seems to have come to terms with this.
- The Workaholic: she gets antsy and moody when she's not working. The amount of time she spends working on a single song is, at the very least, three or four hours. No joke, she said so herself.
Full Name: Susan Soonkyu Lee
- Badass Adorable: Catches snakes and chickens with her bare hands.
- Cat Smile: Her face is made for◊ these.
- Friend to all Children: Best Mom, as seen in how she took take of a child in Invincible Youth.
- Kaleidoscope Hair: Has been brunette, blonde, red, pink, green, purple...
- Lady Drunk: Very good at drinking.
- Magical Nanny: As the best mom in Hello Baby and taking care of a child in Invincible Youth.
- Older Than She Looks: Often mistaken for the youngest member despite being the third eldest thanks to her overly cutesy actions and petite frame.
Full Name: Stephanie Young Hwang
- The Klutz: Made mistakes and fell a lot in their early days, so fans decided to call her DdilFany (Clumsy Fany).
- Missing Mom: Her mother died predebut.
- NO INDOOR VOICE: TIFFANY IS VERY LOUD.
- Hartman Hips: While she's not as "top heavy" as Sunny or as long and slender as Sooyoung she does have her "assets."
Full Name: Kim Hyoyeon
- Dancing Is Serious Business: Pride of the Dancing Queen.
- Multicolored Hair: Rainbow candy colors on blonde for I Got A Boy.
- A Wild Rapper Appears: Even though her vocals are heard in Younique Unit's "Maxstep" during the chorus, she doesn't get her limelight until near the end of the song. She also raps in "You Think", "The Boys" and on Taeyeon's solo song "Up&Down".
Full Name: Kwon Yuri
- Ambiguously Brown: By Korean standards. Is also known as "Black Pearl".Sooyoung: "The dark kid is Yuri."
- Bifauxnen: A◊ photoshoot◊ has her dressing boyishly and with short hair.
- Even the Girls Want Her: Both fan girls (and the girls themselves) have taken to calling her "Yuri-oppa" and "Manyul" after her solo performance of '1 2 step' and 'If' and ESPECIALLY after the photoshoot◊ mentioned in Bifauxnen.
Full Name: Choi Sooyoung
- Ambiguously Brown: Some have commented that she looks Filipino/South-east Asian due to her dark skin.
- Big Eater: her most known nickname is "Shikshin", which literally means Goddess of food.
- Fangirl: A big one of Brad Pitt.
- The Funny Girl
- Hidden Depths: She looks and acts like a dorky, food-crazy girl but she's also written lyrics for several SNSD songs, as well as a song on Tiffany's solo album. She's also the most involved in charitable works, is arguably the second best English speaker in the group and is considered the group's "spokeswoman".
- Huge Schoolgirl: Is one in the flashback scenes of the drama, "The 3rd Hospital".
- Raised as the Opposite Gender: Was raised as a boy when she was a baby because her mother wanted one. This included wearing pants and having her hair short.
- Sesquipedalian Loquaciousness: Known for her way with complicated vocabulary. It shows during interviews.
Full Name: Im Yoona
- Accidental Pervert: Lifting Tiffany's skirt onstage and photos of her touching the others' butts much to her chagrin.Yoona to Jessica in Intimate Note: "Unnie, you always touch my butt but why is there a picture of me looking like a pervert touching yours!"
- The Face: Her official position in the group. However she does not speak much in interviews.
- Fangirl: Spazzed over Takuya Kimura quite a few times.
- Missing Mom: Has not seen her mom since young for unconfirmed reasons.
Full Name: Seo Juhyun
- Brainy Brunette: Often sports brown hair and is very smart.
- Closer to Earth: The most down to earth member.
- Innocent Prodigy: She was this during their early years due to her brains and innocence.
- Jack-of-All-Trades: Can sing, dance, cook, play sports, play piano and guitar, compose, speak Korean, Japanese, Chinese and English, was second in her class and is beautiful to boot.
- She's All Grown Up: from a cute, little 16 year old◊ to such a classy, sophisticated woman. Seolady indeed.
- The Smart Guy: Is known to be smart with very good grades.
- Trade Mark Favorite Food: 'Goguma' (고구마) or sweet potatoes.
Full Name: Jessica SooYeon Jung
- Alliterative Name: Jessica Jung.
- Breast Attack: Jessica's boobs are titanium.
- Cannot Tell a Joke: The Sica Effect.
- Catchphrase: "Daedanada."
- Cool Big Sis: The older sister to f(x)'s Krystal who looks up to her.
- Defrosting Ice Queen: Once you get to know her, her Ice Princess facade melts.“I think rather than being over-friendly at first, having a cold first impression and slowly making them realize that I’m not that cold is better.” - Jessica.
- Delayed Reaction: She takes a while to process jokes.
- Family Business: Her younger sister, Krystal Jung, is part of the girl group f(x).
- Fangirl: Her and her sister's short-lived reality show Jessica & Krystal reveals that she's a fan of Pharrell Williams, Frank Sinatra, Coldplay, and Radiohead. She stated that she's a huge fan of bands who sing songs she can't sing herself.
- Ice Queen: Her nickname is "Ice Princess".
- One Note Chef: Can only make kimchi fried.
- The Peeping Tom: Has photos of the other girls changing (taken without their consent) on her phone in the dorm.
- Screaming Woman: Her trademark dolphin scream that is usually accompanied with violence.
- Terrible Artist: Self explanatory when you look at her painting of Sunny◊ and drawing of Tiffany.
- Unperson: If this post-Jessica-departure group performance of Into The New World is any indication, it seems like SM is making it like Jessica was never a part of the group at all.
- World's Most Beautiful Woman: World's 5th Most Beautiful Woman of 2012. Taeyeon and Yoona were also on the list.