open/close all folders
Front Mission 1st
- Royd (Lloyd) Clive
Royd is an OCU commander and the protagonist for the OCU scenario. His fiancee, Karen Meure, had become part of his unit in the early events of the story. During the investigation of the USN (a.k.a. UCS) munition plant, Karen rushed ahead in her spying, only to be met by an ambush and killed by the infamous Driscoll. Ever since then, Royd has been mentally unstable and moody, a cross between an unforgiving blood-avenger (toward Karen's killer) and hard on himself for supposedly destroying the treaty between the great powers. (Really, Royd was just following orders from the superiors.) After being discharged from the military, he at first had no intent on returning. An OCU colonel named Olson, however, managed to recruit him using the promise of avenging Karen's death. Royd is now the commander of the unit Canyon Crows.
- Ryuji Sakata
Ryuji is an ally to Commander Royd, forming a brother-like bond since early on. After being discharged, he gets likewise found and recruited by Olson. Ryuji serves as some sort of information genius and mentor to the Canyon Crows. Ryuji is the younger son of Chairman Reniji Sakata and younger brother of President Koichi Sakata. As such, the moral uprightness level of the Sakata family is especially important to him.
- Natalie Blakewood
Natalie is Olson's chosen adjutant for the Canyon Crows. Natalie is the daughter of the OCU Supreme Commanding General Willas Blakewood. She serves as an information brain (similar to Ryuji) and the "moral voice" to keep the Crows in line. Natalie is obsessed with duty and with keeping the others following every order, to the point of self-righteous arrogance at times. She is hardly the optimist or about Honor Before Reason as she may seem at first; her obedience tends to boil down to loyalty above anything else.
- Keith Carabell and Joynas "J.J." Jeriaska
A mercenary from America named Keith is partnered with J.J., a mercenary who regularly sends a lot of his earnings to his family in Africa for their survival. In stark contrast to the money-hungry and pragmatic Keith, J.J. is the idealistic and conscientious mercenary. While Keith dislikes doing unpaid work, J.J. has a sense of compassion and Honor Before Reason that restrains him from killing everything in sight for money. Another contrast between them is the temperament difference: the serious, ordinary, to-the-point J.J. and the cocky wise-guy Keith.
- Frederick Lancaster
Frederick is a reporter and newspaper columnist, always willing to enter into risky scenarios for good column scoops. Sometimes Frederick gets a bit cocky and arrogant about his ability to fend for himself on the battlefield. But he is arguably the most amiable and agreeable of the bunch, right up there with J.J., Paul, Hans, and Peewie. Frederick gives off an intuitive air about him in questioning, investigating, and relating to others. If anyone has a redeeming quality, usually Frederick is one of the first to notice a hint thereof. note
- Yang Meihua
Meihua is a temporary Coliseum gladiator and long-time friend of Karen, Royd's fiancee. Meihua is also seeking to reunite with her long-lost brother Yeehin. If she ever finds him, she is determined to save his life and protect him from anyone who would do him any harm... as the colonel himself was once about to learn the hard way.
- Alder Weiss
Alder is a veteran whose son was also a soldier, but has been killed in the war. Alder refuses to cope with his son's death and, initially, trying to make himself forget by drinking in a bar in Menasa. Although he does not necessarily distrust the military as evil (cough: M|o|l|l|y), but he does tend to think that all young soldiers are foolish for choosing the military life at such a young age. A guy in Grey Rock named Herbert mentions that Alder is a great mercenary. After Royd goes to recruit him, Alder challenges him to a Coliseum fight. After Royd wins, Alder pledges to be a bodyguard and to prevent other young soldiers from getting themselves killed.
- Paul C. Grieber
Paul is an OCU soldier who dislikes accomplishing things by violence — essentially a pacifist. But he happened to be mixed up in the conflict when Driscoll led the charge against the Grey Rock hospital. After being the lone survivor of his unit, Paul sought the Crows, his rescuers, in order to join with them.
- Peewee Richberg
Peewee is a supply truck driver for the OCU. Dangerous quests tend to easily frighten him, with the worry that a surprise attack could claim his life at any random moment. After a desertion attempt, he was rescued by Olson from a court-martial run-in and recruited to the Canyon Crows as alternative. Truck driving means that he's not as well armored as the wanzer pilots; but it makes him feel safer in that it requires that he be kept out of the line of fire.
- Hans Goldwin
Hans is a genius hacker who knows how to break in to military networks and obtain classified miliary information. He didn't find much on the whereabouts of Yeehin. He did find something on Karen being taken to the Nirvana Institute, but could not finish his search due to his connection being traced. Desperate to save his life, he begged to be instated by the Canyon Crows. Hans functions, from then on, as the unit's signal finder and radio communicator.
- Gregorio Meyers
Gregorio is a big muscular beast and a Coliseum gladiator in Freedom City who has won several victories using only melee attacks. After a Canyon Crow deals him his first defeat, he joins the Crows in order to become stronger.
- Molly O'Donnell
Molly is a former nurse in Lark Valley before it burned from a raging battle. Mothers lost their children and perished in the flames as well. As a result, Molly is extremely distrustful toward the military in general and is ungrateful toward any soldiers' concern for her. Royd's confession to allegedly starting the whole war drove her to wish evil on him. She tried to backstab the entire Canyon Crows unit by enticing Keith and J.J. into mounting an attack and then giving away their presence. Molly soon lets go of her underhanded vengeful tactics and does the best to help bring an end to the war.
- Yang Yeehin
Yeehin is Meihua's younger brother, who was recruited by the USN while the Nirvana unit was with them. The Black Hounds unit sent other USN soldiers to capture Yeehin after he had deserted. Yeehin was ever grateful to the Canyon Crows for saving the day, both against his pursuers and against Olson's enforcement of orders to send him to his punishment or his death. Yeehin has a little bit of inside information about the Nirvana Institute and the newest wanzer models of Sakata Industries.
- Ralph Dian
Ralph is a gladiator in the Coliseum in Fort Monus. After showing promise in a Coliseum fight, the Canyon Crows decide to hire him. Very little convincing is required before he accepts.
- Bobby Hopkins and Porunga
An English gentleman named Bobby and his Austronesian partner Porunga are a polar-opposite duo who used to fight for the OCU regular army. While Porunga was in search of ways to end the war and stop the constant fighting before it could turn the island barren, Bobby was losing interest in fighting for the military or for protecting the island's fertility. It is unknown whether Bobby intended on retiring early, but a fight broke out in the city of Peseta. When a Canyon Crow breaks up the fight, a less-than-enthusiastic Bobby is encouraged by Porunga to join, thus two new members of the unit.
- Gentz Weizer
Leader of the terrorist group "Soul/Spirit of Huffman." Gentz once spied on a factory of Sakata Industries, and the information he gathered drove him to attempt to bring down the company once and for all. He tried to assassinate Chairman Reniji Sakata once, as well as targeting Koichi the President by association. Gentz is being constantly thwarted by Driscoll and the Black Hounds until Frederick attempts to stop the Canyon Crows' last battle against the Spirit of Huffman. While the Crows later investigate an abandoned factory, Driscoll and the Hounds waiting for them to show, Gentz was waiting for the Hounds to appear. Gentz is a Crows member from then onward.
- Colonel Guri Olson
Olson is the Colonel who reinstated Royd and Ryuji and commissions the Canyon Crows to help give the OCU a chance in the war against the USN. Olson is possibly the one with whom the USN are most frustrated, a good OCU-ally counterpart to Driscoll. Like Driscoll, Olson is really no friend to any great powers outside of the Black Hounds and Sakata Industries. Olson was really working with Driscoll for the sake of the B-Device the entire time. The only reason Olson cannot be called the Big Bad because he dies early.
- President Koichi Sakata
The president of Sakata Industries and Chairman Reniji's elder son. Koichi is actually the other Big Bad besides Driscoll, having commissioned Driscoll and Olson to divide shares in manipulating the Second Huffman War. Koichi is the one who, in fact, planned the Larcus Incident that first set the war in motion.
Front Mission 3
Kazuki TakemuraThe protagonist of Front Mission 3. Kazuki is a 19-year old university student who also works as a wanzer test pilot for Kirishima Industries in Okinawa Ocean City. His life takes a sharp turn when he and his buddy Ryogo become involved in the Yokosuka base explosion incident while delivering new wanzer models. He is known for his short temper and hot-headedness, as well as being overprotective of his adopted sister Alisa. He is not on good terms with his father Isao, who he perceives to prioritize his position as a Japan Defense Force (JDF) colonel more than his family.He starts out piloting a Zenith Rev (mistranslated as "Zenislev" in the US version), a close-combat version of the series-famous wanzer, with a shotgun-fist weapon setup fitting for his personality.
- Armor-Piercing Slap: He delivers a very crunchy one to Yun after the group gets into an unnecessary fight because of that person's manipulation.
- Badass Normal: Has only test piloting experience, yet is able to go toe-to-toe with national armies and genetically superior Real and Imaginary Numbers.
- Berserk Button: He's already a hot-head to begin with, but he goes ballistic over anything negative related with his sister or the mere mention of his father's name.
- Big Brother Instinct: He truly cares about Alisa, despite not being related with her by blood. Finding out that Alisa is an Imaginary Number does not shake his protective instinct even by a bit.
- The Cameo: He and Ryogo can be fought as opponents in the Arena of Front Mission 5. Strangely enough, here he rides a Strife and dual-wields a gatling gun and a flamethrower, instead of his original Zenith and close-combat setup.
- For Want of a Nail: Early on, Ryogo asks him to accompany him in his delivery job. If Kazuki goes with him, Emma's storyline will be played; otherwise, it's Alisa's storyline.
- Good Old Fisticuffs
- Hair-Trigger Temper: Kazuki is not known for his patience.
- The Hero: He holds the good old heroic motive of fighting to protect those he cares for. Rudolf of the mercenary group Wulong finds this quite amusing.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: Kazuki can be very difficult to work with as he's belligerent, thin-skinned, and hot-headed to a fault. But he's also very loyal to his fiends, cares deeply for his sister, and is willing to fight tooth and nail for what he believes is right.
- Not Blood Siblings: He and Alisa.
- Properly Paranoid: He's quick to become suspicious over being "confined" in the Ravnui Embassy. It turns out Liu is not what he seems to be.
- The Scapegoat: Together with Ryogo; the JDF publicly accused them as the terrorists behind the Yokosuka explosion.
- Ship Tease: With Emma in her storyline. One year after the end, he promises to return with Emma to her homeland, with a new family.
- Sword and Gun: More specifically, shotgun and fist.
- A Taste of Power: He uses an upgraded Shunyo Mk.111 for the first two missions of the game - which is unusually fitted with his shotgun and fist setup despite being a sniper-type wanzer - before switching to a Zenith Rev.
- Tranquil Fury: You wouldn't expect a hot-head to be capable of this kind of thing, but he pulls it off at the end of Emma's story line when Lukav kills his father.Kazuki: .......... NO MERCY.
- Unstoppable Rage: As Ryogo would put it, it's best to let Kazuki do whatever he wants to do when he's furious.
- Would Hit a Girl: Even girls who would dare piss him off aren't safe from (audible) physical harm.
Ryogo KusamaKazuki's buddy and sidekick. In contrast to Kazuki, he is light-hearted and loves to fool around, much to his friend's annoyance. He is quick to notice chicks they come across, and tries to charm them with a success rate of zero percent. Like Kazuki, his life becomes an unexpected adventure when he becomes a witness to the Yokosuka Base explosion. Despite his aloof attitude, he is a reliable friend and is the only person to stick around with him as a party member for both storylines.He pilots a Kyojun Mk.107, and the skills it teaches complements his machinegun specialization perfectly.
- Badass Normal: He may seem silly and all, but that won't stop him from putting holes on experienced army soldiers, special forces, and man-made humans.
- Big Damn Heroes: In Alisa's storyline, he arrives just in time to save Kazuki from being killed by Lukav's Imaginary Numbers after his "betrayal" of Bal by smashing the doors of the conference room with a wanzer.
- The Cameo: He and Kazuki can be fought as opponents in the Arena of Front Mission 5. Here he rolls with a four-legged Strife and dual-wields a shotgun and baton, which is strange since that weapon setup is what Kazuki begins with in 3.
- Casanova Wannabe: He's quick to hit on the girls they come across. Lan and Pham are exceptions, though.
- Combo: Two of the game's best combo skills - ROFUPI and Zoom I - are acquired in his default Kyojun Mk.107 wanzer. Load him up with these skills and there's a good chance his opponents will either be a) missing some arms and legs by the time they get to shoot back, or b) dead.
- For Want of a Nail: Early on, he asks Kazuki to accompany him in his delivery job. If Kazuki goes with him, Emma's storyline will be played; otherwise, it's Alisa's storyline.
- More Dakka: It won't take long into the game to associate him with machinegun combos.
- Plucky Comic Relief: The entire party loves to make fun out of his silliness, and he is pretty much the main source of it throughout the game.
- Precision F-Strike
- Ryogo (to Pham): Why are you such a bitch?
- The Scapegoat: He and Kazuki are famous, alright - famous for bombing Yokosuka Base. At least he is a little more enthusiastic than Kazuki over it.
- Shipper on Deck: Ships Kazuki with Emma in the latter's storyline.
- Sidekick: He sticks with Kazuki for the entire game in both scenarios.
- A Taste of Power: He joins Kazuki in the second mission in an upgraded Shunyo Mk.111, before switching to a "pile of junk" Kyojun Mk.107.
Emir "Emma" KlamskyEmma is a beautiful and mysterious USN scientist, and a playable character of the USN storyline (hence its nickname "Emma route"). She entered Japan to investigate the Yokosuka Base incident. Spotting Kazuki and Ryogo in a bar, and sensing that the two know something about what happened, she enlists their help to infiltrate the facility and witness first-hand the devastation caused by MIDAS, the bomb behind the explosion. Kazuki and Ryogo team up with her and the USN in pursuit of the truths behind MIDAS.An Imaginary Number along with her "real sister" Alisa, and the creator of MIDAS' technology. She intended to use MIDAS for peaceful purposes like power generation, but the military seized control over her work and proceeded to use it for sinister means. In both storylines, she wants only to stop MIDAS and save her sister from its involvement.She is a Launcher-class character, and provides missile support with her Drake M2C.
- Artificial Human: Emma is an Imaginary Number, which are essentially genetically superior man-made human beings. Being this may have something to do with her superior intelligence. Despite this, she feels emotions like a normal human, unlike the generic Imaginary Numbers encountered late in the game.
- Badass Bookworm: Emma is extremely intelligent, and is often the person who draws the plans for the team in her storyline. She is no slouch in actual combat either; early on in Alisa's storyline, she joins the Purple Haze in a rifle-wielding Recson M4F.
- Big Sister Instinct: She is also quite fond of Alisa, just like Kazuki. They are of the same artificial origin after all.
- Cutscene Power to the Max: At one point in the DHZ storyline, she promptly curb stomps two wanzers - one with a club and the other with a machinegun - with an unarmed Drake M2C.
- Heroic R.R.O.D.: She suffers a pretty bad one late in Alisa's storyline after Lukav practically picked through her mind to learn how to make MIDAS. At the end of the game, she is on her way to recovery.
- Improbable Age: Director of the USN Alaska Radiation Facility at the age of 22, as well as the only person who knows how to make MIDAS work. Being an Imaginary Number probably helps.
- Luke, I Am Your Father: More like "Alisa, I am your sister" variation in Alisa's story.
- Mind Rape: She was subject to this by Lukav to extract information on how to create MIDAS.
- Must Make Amends: In Alisa's storyline, she herself says that she no longer cares if she dies, as long as Alisa remains safe from the problems caused by her MIDAS.
- Ship Tease: With Kazuki in her storyline.
Alisa TakemuraThe adoptive sister of Kazuki and adoptive daughter of Isao. She is a playable character in the DHZ storyline (also often referred to as "Alisa route"). She is of the same age as Kazuki and is a university student, but at such a young age is also a brilliant scientist and researcher at Yokosuka Base. Because of this, she has some knowledge behind the base explosion that begins the story.Like Emma, she provides support in combat with her launcher-type Meledyne M1.
- Apologetic Attacker: Her victory pose gestures "I'm so sorry, I had no choice," followed by a courteous bow.
- Artificial Human: She is also a product of the Imaginary Number project, just like her "sister" Emma.
- Brainy Brunette: She's quite intelligent, possessing knowledge about radiation engineering and she's a capable hacker. Justified, since she happens to be an Imaginary Number.
- Cloning Blues: She gets very depressed upon knowing that she and Emma are Imaginary Numbers. She gets better.
- Heroic Sacrifice: At the end of the USN storyline, she stays behind to arm MIDAS and prevent it from falling into the wrong hands ever again, and sends a sad farewell letter to Kazuki and Emma. The group realizes this too late.
- Improbable Age: She's a researcher and lab scientist at the age of 19.
- Nice Gal
- Pacifist: She resents senseless killing and destruction, and is not in favor of how the Rapid Reaction Force or Imaginary Numbers operate.
- The Smart Gal
- Stalker with a Crush: No, she isn't one, but she can have one if she wins the Miss Teihoku popularity contest in the DHZ route. A certain "Dr. K" will send her a creepy mail declaring his love, to which you can reply either positively (which declares Alisa's upcoming debut as a pop idol; actually written by a naughty Miho) or negatively. Choosing the former will cause Dr. K to reveal his true name, and is actually a wanted person by the Japanese Police.
The following characters are playable in the USN/Emma storyline:
Dennis VicarthAn experienced FAI agent and member of Purple Haze. Calm and cool capable of almost everything, including aircraft and Wanzer piloting. Although he doesn't like showing it.He provides long range support as a sniper in his Reckson M 4 F wanzer.
- Deadpan Snarker: He's got a dry sense of humor to go along with his professionalism.
- She Is Not My Girlfriend: Both Ryogo and Yun tease Dennis about his contact Sybil in her first e-mail she sends him. He does get concerned for her safety as she investigates the case of a person called Norman Bates. It turns out he's an Imaginary Number coming from Ravnui National Labs.
- Team Dad: He's the one who keeps the group in line and focused with the task at hand no matter the odds being stacked against them.
- To Be Lawful Or To Be Good: He struggles to make the decision concerning Emma late in-game when he receives a message from the USN telling him that their plans have changed and they want to silence Emma because she knows too much about the MIDAS incident, keeping things quiet. Ultimately, he chooses the latter and he comes clean with Kasuki's group about the USN's intentions.
- We Used to Be Friends: When Kazuki's group meet up with Wei, a journalist who's investigating the affiars of the DHZ, things turned sour between him and Dennis. They actually did have a good friendship in their college years, but the differences in opinions and their view of the world as well as Dennis doing what he must for the security of the USN caused a rift between their friendship that could not be mended. Even though he doesn't totally show it, it's clear that Dennis is torn up about it.
Yun Lai Fa ("Moneymaker")A female Chinese spender who lives on her own in an apartment in Singapore. Basically hackers-for-hire, spenders complete contracts from obtaining classified information, change bank accounts & balances and decypher various files. Yun happens to be one of the best at her field and she's introduced to Kazuki's group by the guerilla soldier Hatta when they seek to obtain the flight schedule of Atsugi Base. Just as she obtained the information, OCU forces arrest her and Kazuki has to spring her out of prison, whereupon she joins up the group soon after.She can provide some close-range firepower by using shotguns in her Pro-Praw wanzer.
- Cute Bruiser: Bet you didn't expect this cute girl to be a hotshot with a shotgun, huh?
- Freudian Excuse: Yun believes that money is the only reliable thing in the world. The reason being that she used to live with her late master who taught her that belief and he was killed when he was completing a free job at the behest of a friend of his. This gets her into trouble with Kazuki as you'll see below.
- Stepford Smiler: Cute, perky, and likes to do her job rather well. But she hides a lot of pain beneath her attitude.
- What An Idiot: Desperate to get some cash, Yun had the bright idea to contact the DHZ about certain rebels she's come in contact with and ropes in Kazuki when she claims that she's found information about Alisa as a cover story. This backfires at her badly as a rival spender also tracked her down and the Rapid Reaction Force come bearing down on them. Kazuki is not amused.
Jose AstradaPossibly the character with the most unfortunate background. A former Filipino soldier of The OCU Philippine Military, He stopped obeying military orders after one of his missions killed his wife. As a result he was imprisoned for insubordination. He is promised freedom by the Commander of Taal Base, if he fights once again for The OCU.
- Apologetic Attacker: He says sorry to every enemy he destroys.
- Bodyguard Crush: Ran Fong is this to him.
- Degraded Boss: Jose will utterly trash your Wanzers when he's an enemy (having a class C skill in machine guns, a very useful weapon, certainly doesn't hurt), but once he joins you, he suddenly becomes a shadow of his former self. Probably because you beat him up in that same mission.
- Cutscene Power to the Max: The finale of the Taal Naval Base arc: He wipes the floor with the mighty Purple Haze before you fight him and... you can kill him in a turn once the cutscene ends.
- Expy: he looks like the Philippine Hero Apolinario Mabini even his portrait is looking sideways.
- Friendly Sniper: A sniper able to shoot airplanes down with a rifle, and also friendly enough to apologize to you sincerely after he kills you; he may even pay the funeral fees.
- Heel–Face Turn: If you chose the uphill course. After defeating him in a battle, he changes his way of life, and he helps defeat all the enemies in Taal Base. He also becomes a full member afterwards.
- Defeat Means Friendship: If you chose the uphill course, as previously mentioned.
- Knightin Sour Armor: Has a very tragic past, but otherwise remains a noble soldier.
- One-Man Army: Able to single handedly defeat Purple Haze, a top-secret elite Special Forces unit serving the USN, on his own.
- Shout-Out: His name is only a letter off from being shared with that of a certain Filipino President.
- Shell-Shocked Veteran: After he took part in a mission that involved the death of many innocents and his wife, it made him question his allegiance.
Marcus ArmstrongA squad commander from the USN who's well respected by his troops. He's easy going and an all-around good guy, but he becomes a force to be reckoned with in battle. He stays in contact with Kazuki throughgout the Taiwan arc and joins up with his group at the end of it.He's the sole Melee specialist in Emma's storyline.
- Big Fun: He likes to fight tough battles and likes to drink just as much.
- Henpecked Husband: You'll come to see this when you start answering his wife's e-mails. He clearly loves his twin daughters, though.
- Large and in Charge: His muscles aren't for show and he wasn't a squad commander for nothing.
- When All You Have Is a Hammer...: His only speciality is Melee, but his Wanzer allows him to learn some awesome skills that make him a truly tough fighter in the frontlines.
Li Xiang MeiLi Xiang Mei is a wandering wanzer pilot who travels around the Da Han Zhong to defend villages that are suspected of hiding out some of the Hua Lian Rebels. Kazuki and his group found him defending Longsheng as a squadron of mysterious assailants led by Rosavia Gray came in to attack it and he joins up due to the wishes of the village's leader.Like Ryogo, he's a Gunner who can attack with a machine gun aboard the quadruped Getty wanzer.
- The Atoner: He confessed to Kwang, the son of the late Vice-Chairman Ming that he was the one responsible for the death of his parents and he takes full responsibility of the act. Kwang is actually impresed that Li didn't try to hide it from him and that he fights to atone for the act.
- Defector from Decadence: He actually used to be part of the Rapid Reaction Force in the DHZ millitary, but the airplane incident that claimed Vice-Chairman Ming's life was what made him quit the military due to their more... drastic actions to protect the country as of late.
- Expy: He looks quite similar to Bruce Lee, appearance-wise. He even does one of his poses when he beats an enemy wanzer.
- For Want of a Nail: If the player attacked the front gate at the Taal Base and defeated Jose, Li joins up with the party. If Jose is in the party, Li stays to defend Longsheng instead.
- Magikarp Power: He joins up as a 4-star ranked pilot, but he can become quite a capable Gunner if trained properly and efficiently.
Linny BarilarLinny Barilar is found as Kazuki's group make their way towards Kumming, but he is being pursued by three members of the Wulong mercenaries. He forces himself onto the group after they rescue him. He is part of the Barilar family, being the second son to the farming family in the Philippines. He becomes the 2nd Misilier of the group.
- Joke Character: Linny is definitely not a solider at first glance, even as a C-ranked Misilier. However, his starting wanzer teaches him two useful battle skills: Escape allows him to actually escape a battle if one of the parts of his wanzer is in danger of being destroyed in the ensuing skirmish and Arm Smash lets him destroy one of the enemy wanzer's arms (usually the left arm), no questions asked. This is especially crippling against enemy snipers, strikers and misiliers who suddenly find themselves without a weapon and a seriously damaged wanzer.
- Magikarp Power: He joins up as a 4-star ranked pilot with a C-rank in missles, but he can pull his weight once he's sufficiently trained. Since there will be missions in Emma's story where the group is split up into two squads, you WILL need to get Linny up to speed in order to be combat worthy in such situations where long range support is needed. Especially when Emma and Alisa are kidnapped by Lukav.
- Too Dumb to Live: He tries picking a fight and defending himself aboard his methane wanzer against the Wulong mercernaries. (Un)fortunately, he survives the encounter.
- "Well Done, Son!" Guy: Subverted in which Linny does his very best to make his family proud of him and his father clearly encourages his efforts while being happy for him.
The following characters are playable in the DHZ/Alisa storyline:
Hei Fong LiuAn intelligence agent working for the Da Han Zhong (China), Liu rescues Kazuki, Ryogo, and Alisa out of goodwill from the USN early in the game. He is also in Japan to investigate the Yokosuka Base incident. A serious but dependable person, he becomes the group's primary source of direction.He provides accurate support fire with his rifle-wielding, fragile Shangdi 1.
- Artificial Human: He is the first of the Real Number models, who are inferior compared to Imaginary Numbers because of their ability to feel emotions.
- Badass Arm-Fold: His victory pose, which he does even if his wanzer's other arm has been blown off.
- Big Damn Heroes: How he is introduced in the DHZ scenario. He performs a wanzer rifle drive-by in an open truck to rescue Kazuki and company from the JDF special forces and the USN Purple Haze.
- Cool Shades: He frequently sports a pair of these in the USN storyline, but are nowhere to be seen in the DHZ storyline.
- Friendship Denial: He refuses to verbally admit that he has come to view Kazuki's group as his friends when Mayer comes to bring him back, believing that he doesn't need friends as a Real Number.
- Glass Cannon: His Shangdi 1 has the accuracy to provide damaging rifle fire, but down it goes should it take around two to three body fist or missile hits.
- The Leader: He's primarily the person who calls the shots on what to do or where to go next. The loss in direction was quite pronounced after his revelation and betrayal.
- Manipulative Bastard: Everything he did - from his rescue in the beginning to the trip to DHZ - was all to fulfill Bal's plan, which is to bring MIDAS technology to the DHZ by supposedly bringing it to the DHZ, then switched to bringing Alisa after the MIDAS copy exploded in the Philippines. He used Kazuki because of his position as a JDF officer's son, and has no concern for the welfare of Kazuki's group whatsoever...or so he says.
- The Mole: All his deeds are for his master, who is then killed by Lukav. With no one else to follow and order him around, he decides that his next objective is to avenge Bal, so he "uses" Kazuki's group to aid him find Lukav.
- Not So Stoic: Liu tries to act like a Cold Sniper most of the time, but he ends up showing a wide range of emotions over the course of the story These emotions are the reason he and the rest of the Real Numbers were deemed flawed. Liu's bitterly aware of this, and it's the reason he's always in denial about his own feelings. Least till Mayer finally gets him to open up a bit.
- Roaring Rampage of Revenge: After Lukav reveals his true intentions and kills his master Bal, Liu's sole objective became revenge.
Miho ShinjoMiho is a cute but naive police officer who Kazuki, Ryogo, Alisa, and Liu run into in a checkpoint while trying to escape Japan. She requests to join the group after they are all attacked by pursuing JDF choppers, having nowhere else to go because of her knowledge of the incident. She can be quite airheaded and clumsy, but her knowledge and piloting skills as a police officer are dependable. In truth, she is a JDF Intelligence spy sent to watch over Kazuki's group, under Yuji Kuroi's orders. Nothing bad really happens from this fact though, since by the time her true identity is revealed, she has had a change of heart and wants only to stop the use of MIDAS.She initially pilots a Kyokei Mk.108, a wanzer model deployed by police officers, with a baton-shotgun setup for its arsenal. Despite this, she is actually a Gunner and a rifle specialist like Liu, as further training will reveal.
- Casual Danger Dialog: What does she say when Kazuki and Liu narrowly rescue her from a plummet to a ravine?
- Miho: Yay!
- Cute Bruiser: Going by her default weapon setup.
- Dual Wielding: Her initial loadout is a baton and shotgun, but her real specialty is the use of rifles. Not that you'd actually know.
- Easily Forgiven: Even Kazuki didn't take on his angrish face when Mayer reveals Miho's true identity.
- Genius Ditz: She's often the other source of the group's silliness besides Ryogo, but is surprisingly capable of giving brilliant ideas and coming up with plans.
- Turncoat: Initially a JDF spy sent to track Kazuki's group's actions, but has a change of heart when she witnesses firsthand the power of MIDAS.
- What Have I Become?: A light-hearted one. She's disturbed in a cute way when Pham tells her that she's becoming more and more like Ryogo.
Pham LuisThe only daughter of OCU Philippines' richest family and conglomerate. Despite her family's wealth and reputation, Pham is a snobbish and rude 17-year old girl who is also a member of the Bamarm rebels, much to her family's displeasure. In the DHZ storyline, Kazuki and company meet her in a wanzer shop in Davao where they group get a firsthand experience of her Rich Bitchy-ness. She is almost always accompanied by her butler Pierre Wells (even in combat), who's always ready to do her bidding. Skilled, but very prideful and arrogant, she initially dislikes Kazuki's group's involvement in their rebel operations, but eventually trusts and joins them after their successful operation.She pilots a bright pink, knight-helmet faced Zeros armed with a baton, matching her aggressive attitude just like Kazuki.
- Action Girl: She's a Striker (front line melee) like Kazuki.
- The Big Girl: Very much a "Tank" character. In fact, since her skills revolve around a Melee-and-Shield set-up, she can absorb (and dish out) a serious amount of punishment.
- Bring It: Her victory pose.
- Expy: Of Neon Genesis Evangelion's Asuka Langley Soryu. Pham looks a lot like her, with the attitude to match.
- Jerkass with a Heart of Gold: Arrogant as she may be, she's willing to use her resources to help out.
- La Résistance: She is part of the Philippine rebel forces, much to her family's disapproval.
- Mukokuseki: Filipinos aren't known for being fair skinned. A look at the Luis Corporation website in the Network will reveal that her parents met in Oxford University, which may suggest that she is of mixed European-Filipino blood.
- Plucky Girl: Pham's pretty resilient, despite her bratty attitude.
- Rebellious Spirit: She dislikes being bound to her family's desires, as demonstrated by her allegiance with the Bamarm rebels. She joins Kazuki's group out of desire for challenge.
- Rich Bitch: She's not hesitant to rub how rich she is to others' faces. She may be rich, but she's downright impossible to please.
- Shield Bash: Her Zeros' signature skill. Slap a shield on her wanzer, load her up with these skills, send her up front, and may God bless the soul of the unfortunate pilot who will get bashed to death.
- Spoiled Brat: She can get anything she wants with a simple order to Pierre. Need to call for a jumbo jet wanzer transport? No problem!
- Tomboy: She's been influenced by her male peers to take up male-associated hobbies like wanzer piloting.
- Tomboy with a Girly Streak: Her Zeros must be bright pink for a reason. She also hates making a mess out of her wanzer.
- Vitriolic Best Buds: With just about everyone in the group, really, particularly with the guys (no surprise given her attitude). But she sticks with them through thick and thin, and the rest consider her to be a reliable, if somewhat difficult, ally.
Lan Xiao HuaLan Xiao Hua is a squad commander of the Rapid Reaction Force in the DHZ military. Tough as nails and a consummate solider, she seeks to put an end to the Hua Lian Rebels at any cost in the service of her country.
- Action Girl: When she joins up as a party member in Alisa's story
- Broken Bird: A few years ago, she lost both her husband and child when they were in town to celebrate the latter's birthday. When the rebels attacked an influential figure who was also in the town, Lan lost her family in the ensuing attack. See Wouldn't Hurt a Child below.
- Dark Action Girl: She's a recurring boss in Emma's story who's fought three times and she's a tough opponent to fight against.
- Gameplay and Story Segregation: Whenever she shows up to fight in Emma's path, she is usually equipped with a sniper rifle. [Yet in the final time you fight her inside the Tianlei fortress, she's using a flamethrower and a missle launcher. She also uses a flamethrower when she joins up for real in Alisa's story.
- Kill It with Fire: She's the only Flamer speciallist in Alisa's story, and a very capable one at that.
- Wouldn't Hurt a Child: Just when one of the soldiers of the Rapid Reaction Force was about to trample a young boy who was running for his life, Lan intervienes to save his life, indicating that she's not as hard-edged as she seems. This is very relevant later after she saves Kwang's life from Jared's hands and she's incarcerated for it. It is also revealed that she was once a mother and Kwang reminded him of her lost son.
Mayer EdwardMayer is an intelligence operative hailing from the CIU (Central Intelligence Unit) sent by the OCU to check out the situation in Japan. She first meet Kazuki and Alisa at a lightower in Shanghai to tell them the whereabouts of MIDAS. She becomes the 2nd Misilier in Alisa's story.
- But Not Too Foreign: Played with. She's Japanese or at least part-Japanese from the mother's side and she had moved to Australia following her mother's passing.
- 11th-Hour Ranger: She joins up late in-game as a misilier and she needs to have enough training to pick up some battle skills.