open/close all folders
Characters from the original game
Hana Jeong (Steel Warrior Hana)
- Action Girl
- Blood Knight: See Jumped at the Call below.
- Face of a Thug: After a fashion. Hana is quite beautiful, but has a tendency to inspire fear in others.
- Even the Girls Want Her
- Expy: Her player has occasionally called her "Buttercup".
- Jumped at the CallHana looked up at Judy and grinned. The armor dissolved away into motes of steely light, but Hana knew that it would return when she wanted it to. She felt alive, and filled with energy in ways that she'd never imagined possible. The thrill of fighting had never felt so good, and fighting monsters, she knew, was perfect. No one would tell her that she shouldn't. No one could lecture her. It was the right thing to do, and she wanted to.Perfect."I'm fine, Juds. You know how you're always saying I should find what I want to do in my life? Well..."
- Oblivious to Love: So very much so.
- The Big Guy
- Tomboy and Girly Girl: She's the tomboy, Judy's the Girly Girl
Chelsea Pond (Maiden of Love)
Faith Hope Charity Campbell
- The Power of Friendship: Obviously.
Yumemiru Kurimu (Magical Princess Dream)
- Incredibly Lame Pun
- Jumped at the Call
- Mad Scientist's Beautiful Daughter
- Talking in Your Dreams
- What Do You Mean, It's Not Symbolic?: The Santa Claus motive on her costume and the use of sand don't actually mean anything.
Sara Aldred (Street Angel Sara)A homeless teen runaway and graffiti artist, Sara uses her rune magic to protect the kids on the street.
- But Not Too Black (She's mixed-race, with a white father and an African mother)
- Chronic Hero Syndrome / Greater Need Than Mine (Especially with regard to the homeless kids she protects - she refuses food unless everyone else has eaten, and sleeps on the street so as not to deny someone else a bed at the homeless shelter. Luckily, her powers protect her from the physical effects of malnutrition and sleeping outside in freezing cold - but she still feels just as cold and hungry as anyone else would.)
- Homeless Hero
- Instant Runes
- Magical Girl Warrior
Jennifer Marina (Scion of Compassion)
Georgia Emmerson (Damsel of Faith)
Erin Watson (Scion of Science) - Played by Sun Tzu
- Adorkable: Mostly in her interactions with Simon.
- Captain Ersatz (of Eriko from Saga of Soul)
- Ditzy Genius: Quite intelligent, but still working on her people skills.
- Goggles Do Something Unusual: Her "Omni-Visor", which not only detects magic, but also enhances her combat skills.
- Magitek (A creator and fan of it.)
- The Smart Guy
- Teleporters and Transporters
- Tomboy and Girly Girl: She's the Girly Girl, Hana's the tomboy
- The Mentor: To Sara
Characters from For The Spirit of Creation: San Francisco
Lilith Nightstar (scion of free will)A girl raised by a Nihl-worshiping cult to be the vessel for the Enslaver, she was befriended by a magical girl called Emerald Mira. When the time came for her to become the Enslaver's vessel, Mira sacrificed herself to allow her to break free, and Lilith resolved to honor her by fighting for Creation.
- Abusive Parents: She's not sure if she was the child of one of the cult members or was kidnapped at a young age, but the cult acted as these to her.
- Anti Anti Christ
- Dark Magical Girl
- Girls Are Really Scared of Horror Movies: Completely and utterly averted. She was Conditioned to Accept Horror as part of her upbringing in the cult, and after her Heel–Face Turn, loves horror movies, which she regards as lighthearted comedies compared to the things she has seen.
- I Let Emerald Mira Die: Blames herself for Emerald Mira's death, leading to...
- I Work Alone: ...her reluctance to let other people get involved in the battle.
- Immune to Mind Control: Lilith, being the Scion of Free Will, has this (although she says isn't sure it will work against a being as powerful as the Enslaver). In fact, even using mind control on other people in her vicinity is a bad idea - not only does she have an aura that boosts the willpower of everyone nearby, but she has an attack that, when used on a mind-controlled person, doesn't hurt them, but damages the person controlling them (as well as possibly breaking them free).
- Raised as a Host: Lilith's original purpose was to become a vessel for the Enslaver, and she was raised for that purpose by his worshippers. To say that it didn't work out for them is something of an understatement.
- Schoolgirl Lesbians: Given the undertones of her relationship with Emerald Mira (and the fact that the game was set in San Fransisco), her player decided "Why bother hiding my lesbians?"
- Screw Destiny: "I decided I didn't like my destiny, so I dumped it and got a new one."
- What Did You Expect When You Named It ____?: Someone named "Lilith" ends up refusing to be subservient.
Erin Atkins (scion of persistence)
Yukiko Narukami (scion of truth)
Emerald Mira (scion of friendship)The magical girl who befriended Lilith, and subsequently sacrificed herself to help her break free of the Enslaver's possession. Her ghost acts as a mentor to Lilith.