Characters: Fire Emblem Tellius Nonplayer Characters
aka: Nonplayer Characters
A band of travelling merchants whom Ilyana is part of, and the Greil Mercenaries bump into as both parties flee Crimea. They hook up and supply the mercs with all sorts of goods and handy services for the duration. Three years later, they're stuck in Daein during the occupation, and end up helping the Dawn Brigade in the same manner. When that conflict ends, they go to work for Ike and co. again in the Laguz Alliance, which inadvertedly sees them supplying troops that fight against the Dawn Brigade. Come Part 4, they luckily avoid being turned to stone by Ashera's awakening, and split up their group to supply everyone still standing as they head for the Tower of Guidance.
MustonThe convoy's armorer. Sells an ever-expanding stock of weapons of every type.
AimeeA charming lass who runs a goods shop which typically stocks healing items and staves. In RD this expands to a "Bargain" (term used loosely) rack with different rare items and weapons every chapter. Is hopelessly infatuated with Ike, much to his annoyance.
Class: Vendor (in RD 1-3 as an NPC)
- Abhorrent Admirer:Ike: (to Soren) Look, whenever that woman corners me, it takes forever to get away. Let me hide in here until things simmer down.
- Hopeless Suitor: Her... odd obsession with Ike withstanding, she's actually a pleasant and courteous woman; not to mention rather good-looking. Too bad for her, Ike doesn't feel the same as she does.
- Name's the Same / The Other Darrin: This Aimee is (presumably) not to be confused with the Aimee who runs the Vendor shops in the Archanea games. The US and EU versions of Shadow Dragon don't seem to agree on that one's name, however (Larabel in the US, Aimee in EU).
- Plucky Girl
- Yandere: Played entirely for laughs.
Daniel & JorgeTwin brothers, Daniel in red and Jorge in green. The former is a blacksmith who can forge custom weapons for you, the latter an antiques dealer (read: buys your unwanted items from you). Jorge, in turn, gives the scrap weapons to Daniel to be smelted into more forged weapons.
- Chekhov's Gunman: On a couple of occasions in PoR, one of the two pesters Ike for military strategy tips, to help them beat their brother at some pen-and-paper war game they're playing. Those tips just so happen to come in handy for you in the next chapter.
- Those Two Guys
- You Require More Vespene Gas: Weapon forging in RD had a new wrinkle attached: in addition to gold, you required 50 Forge Points (accumulated by selling off stuff to Jorge) for every weapon made. Key word being "had"; this was mysteriously removed from the international versions of the game, which left nothing stopping you from forging as many weapons as you could afford (besides common sense). Dialogue was still translated and left in about the now nonexisting Forge Points, though this might suggest that they were cut at the eleventh hour.
Other Significant Characters
Warning: MORE MASSIVE SPOILERS.
The consort of King Ashnard and queen dowager of Daein in Radiant Dawn. Revealed to be the daughter of King Dheginsea of Goldoa and the sister of Rajaion and Kurthnaga. Although she is a dragon laguz, the birth of her branded child has left her unable to transform into a dragon, and so she passes herself off as a beorc woman.
- Absurdly Youthful Mother: Subverted; while she appears to be a beorc woman in her mid thirties (if that) and is alleged to be the mother of Pelleas, a beorc man in his early twenties, she is, in fact, neither.
- Blood Knight: Implied to have been in the past. She left Goldoa because she disagreed with her father's policy of strict military neutrality, and she had an attraction to Ashnard until she got pregnant from him.
- Broken Bird
- Deliver Us from Evil: Either the conception or the birth of her son (depending on whom you ask) robbed her of her shapeshifting ability, meaning that she couldn't be the Blood Knight that she used to be. Twenty-odd years later, she is much more interested in doting on her son than fighting.
- God Save Us from the Queen!: She was willing to sacrifice the entire kingdom of Daein to save her beloved Pelleas.
- Love Makes You Crazy: See "God Save Us from the Queen!".
- Love Ruins the Realm: Her affair with Ashnard resulted in Rajaion, Ena, and ten other red dragons leaving Goldoa and violating its strict military neutrality, which nearly resulted in Yune being awakened in Path of Radiance. Possibly subverted in that her son, who obviously wouldn't have been born otherwise, was directly involved in preventing the "dark god's" awakening.
- Red Eyes, Take Warning
- Unholy Matrimony: With Ashnard (seeing as she was his former concubine), albeit one-sided. She was attracted to Ashnard, but outside of bearing his child, he felt nothing for her or their child (especially when he discovered that his half-Dragon Branded of a son possessed no special powers to exploit) and used them to lure Rajaion to Daein.
- You Gotta Have Green Hair
- Woman in Black
RajaionThe firstborn son of King Dheginsea, brother to Almedha and Kurthnaga. He left Goldoa to look for Almedha after she gave birth to her son, and so he came upon a Fate Worse Than Death.
- Ascended Fridge Horror: Remember when people wondered whether the wyverns used for mounts in past games were actually enslaved dragons? Poor Rajaion plays the original theory for all the horror it deserves.
- Brainwashed and Crazy: Due to the feral drug.
- Dub-Induced Plot Hole: A very minor one - his translated death scene was worded slightly ambiguously, not making it quite as clear that he had in fact died and suggesting that he may be still alive and accompanying Ena back to Goldoa. This was rectified with Radiant Dawn specifically mentioning his dead status.
- Dying as Yourself: Thanks to Reyson and Leanne, he transformed into his humanoid form just in time to...
- Go Out with a Smile: Because of Reyson and Leanne's Galdr of Rebirth, his sanity was restored just before he died.
- I'm a Humanitarian: Implied; Ashnard threatened to feed incompetent generals to Rajaion.
- Red Eyes, Take Warning: Subverted; his eyes glow yellow when he is drugged and insane, and return to their natural red color after he is cured.
- Uncanny Family Resemblance: In Path of Radiance, Rajaion had the same eye color and mark on his forehead as Kurthnaga, although they were not confirmed to be brothers until Radiant Dawn. His portrait in Radiant Dawn, which is how he looked before he was drugged, looks like an older version of his nephew Soren.
AmyCallil and Largo's adopted daughter.
- Birthmark of Destiny: Has a brand somewhere on her body.
- Heartwarming Orphan
- Half-Human Hybrid: Actually a Branded.
- Name's the Same: Very similar to Aimee of the travelleing merchants. This was brought on by the translation team, though - Aimee was originally "Larabel".
Elena (Eluna)A priestess from Palmeni Temple near Nevassa, the capital of Daein, and wife of General Gawain. After Ashnard brought Lillia and the Fire Emblem to the temple, Elena gained Lillia's trust and learned of the Galdr of Release. After Lillia's death, Elena took the Fire Emblem and the song and, accompanied by Gawain, fled to Gallia, where she gave birth to Ike and Mist. But King Ashnard sent dozens of his best soldiers to hunt down the renegade general and the Fire Emblem, and Greil only fought them off while under the chaotic influence of Yune. Seeing that her husband had gone insane, Elena ran up to him and snatched the medallion from his hand, though not before he ran her through with his sword.
- Go Out with a Smile
- Heroic Sacrifice
- Incorruptible Pure Pureness: Like her daughter Mist, she had to be to hold the Fire Emblem without going insane.*
- Posthumous Character
Apostle MisahaApostle Sanaki's grandmother and direct predecessor who signed the Laguz Emancipation Act. She was more beloved by her people than any apostle before or after her. Rumors that her assasination was orchestrated by the heron tribe resulted in the Serenes Massacre. After meeting with her ancestor, Lehran, she decided to publicly reveal Begnion's greatest secret: that she, her predecessors, and her young heir were in fact branded. The Imperial Senate, led by Lekain, ordered her assasination for fear of what would happen to their power and credibility if that knowledge became public.
- 100% Adoration Rating: Among the common citizenry by all accounts. They loved her so much that a rumor was all they needed to commit genocide in her name.
- Absurdly Youthful Mother: Like Almedha, she very likely subverted this by looking younger than she should for a recent grandmother while actually being older than she appeared.
- Birthmark of Destiny: The exact same one that appeared on her firstborn granddaughter.
- Half-Human Hybrid
- High Priest: Of the Priest Queen variety.
- Older Than She Looks: What is known about branded aging makes it clear that she was this in life.
- Posthumous Character
- Slave Liberation: She officially freed all of the laguz slaves in Begnion.
- The Unseen: Except for her hand.
The goddess of chaos, and the "dark goddess" sealed inside Lehran's Medallion. Ashera's other half. Talked to Micaiah through a bird (also named Yune) while sealed in the medallion, and talked to everyone through Micaiah's body after being unsealed.
Voiced by: Kumi Sakuma (Japanese, RD), Mik Kuhlman (English, RD)
- Above Good and Evil: Claims that she and Ashera are both this.
- Badass Adorable
- Berserk Button: Being called a dark goddess.
- Big Good
- Chaos Is Evil: Subverted.
- Curtains Match the Window
- Elemental Shapeshifter: Her true form that blue fire that comes from the medallion
- Genki Girl: Comes with the territory, although she's more subdued than you'd expect for a goddess of chaos.
- Immortal Immaturity: Understandably seeing as how she's been sealed away for so long. She was apparently like this before being sealed in the medallion as well, though. (She is the goddess of chaos, after all, and immaturity tends to be associated with chaos rather than order.)
- The McCoy: Obviously, being the embodiment of Ashunera's emotions.
- Ms. Exposition: Throughout Part 4, especially during the endgame.
- Really 700 Years Old: Still looks like a kid, even though she's thousands of years old. More notably, she looks considerably younger than Ashera, her other half.
- Red Eyes, Take Warning: Played with, she's nice enough but she also states at length how it wouldn't take her much effort to bury the cast.
- Redhead In Green: Her only in-game appearance in her original form is as a ghostly spirit, but her official art shows her as this.
- Walking Spoiler