Characters: F-Zero X
aka: F-Zero F-Zero X
open/close all folders
Characters Debuting in F-Zero X
# 01 - Mighty Gazelle
Real Name: Clinton Gazelle
One of the best 3D photographers, Mighty was well known by the kids in his neighbourhood for being a great gamer when it came to racing games. After a while, he decided to try the real thing and qualify for the F-Zero GP, being rather legendary in his driving skills. However, fortune didn't smile upon him in the Great Accident and he suffered the most injuries. He was only saved by Cyber Stick, inc. turning him into a cyborg. What's worse, the first time his wife saw him after the accident, she ran away from him forever, in tears no less. Afterwards, he dedicated his life to F-Zero, much to the chagrin of fans who think it's unfair for a cyborg to race. As of late, however, he seems to be dating a woman and his obsession with F-Zero has started to wane a little.
His Machine is the Red Gazelle
, rated E-A-C, weighing at 1330kgs and created by Cyber Stick inc. with a CY96-Z1 engine. Due to Mighty's condition
, he no longer fears death, and it shows in his machine's very low durability. However, in every other field, the Red Gazelle performs top-notch, despite Mighty's risky driving skills.
# 02 - Jody Summer
Daughter of Mason Summer, Jody is well-respected by her peers for not only her great physical prowess (and they are great), but as the spokeswoman for the Galactic Space Federation. After hearing word that her father had died in a crash during a flight to the Leonid System, she took up F-Zero racing in his honor. Despite being a novice at F-Zero, she quickly became a top racer due to her incredible high-speed control and amassed rivals just as fast. Quite often, however, John Tanaka races alongside her for her protection, despite the fact that she wants him to leave her alone.
Her Machine is the White Cat
, named after Mason's nickname for her. It is ranked C-C-A, weighs only 1150kgs, and was created by the Galactic Space Federation with four FGS-EO55S engines. The machine focuses more on grip than anything else, making it rather average in the other stats. This makes driving on any course easier than normal and is a great choice for beginners.
- Action Girl: She was quite the Little Miss Badass, having lived a lifetime's worth of achievements by the time she was 18 note , and seems to have kept her merits in adulthood. For this reason alone, she was made "Miss Galactic Space Federation" and operates as a spokeswoman for the organization.
- Animal Motifs: Cat.
- Appropriated Appellation: In a sense. White Cat was a pet name her father gave to Jody, who in turn bestowed it on her vehicle in honor of him.
- Bare Your Midriff: Gains an abs-flaunting, Biker Babe-inspired outfit (complete with Cool Shades) if the Super Cat is chosen◊ in the F-Zero X Expansion Kit.
- Boobs-and-Butt Pose: Strikes one in response to the player selecting her in GX/AX.
- Cartoon Conductor, Magic Music, Magic Dance: Invoked in her GX bonus video.
- Christmas Cake: She's 25 as of GX and still without a suitor. This being a more Western-themed game, it's thought of as normal and thus isn't brought up.
- Damsel out of Distress: In Chapter 5 of Story Mode in GX. She avoids Chickification on the basis that Black Shadow mows over everyone not named Captain Falcon or Deathborn and was holding Jody hostage as bait to lure out Falcon. Unfazed by her capture, she was ready and rearing to race in the Grand Prix the next day.
- Darkhorse Victory: People are expecting Jody to pull this off due to her ability to control speed.
- Disappeared Dad: Her father, Mason Summer, was the inventor of the G-Diffuser anti-gravity system. She began training for the F-Zero GP upon learning that he had died when his ship crashed during a flight to the Leonid System.
- Hair Flip: One of her Idle Animations in the Machine Settings screen from GX/AX.
- Lady of War
- Long Hair Is Feminine
- Officer And A Lady: The grace and femininity of a woman, but Jody definitely knows when to unceremoniously drop the hammer of justice down upon evildoers.
- Racing Stilettos
- Reasonable Authority Figure: As the spokeswoman of a para-militaristic organization that works to ensure law, order, peace, and harmony throughout the cosmos and holds control over seven galaxies, Jody comes across as this.
- She's Got Legs
- Spell My Name with an S: It's Summer, not Summers.
- Stop Helping Me!: Although she's polite and amiable enough to not say it aloud, this is how she feels about John Tanaka's "help." She treasures his value on her team as a mechanic, just not during the races.
- Underwear of Power/Thong of Shielding: The latter applies to GX.
- Why Did It Have To Be Octopi?
- Woman in White: Underneath the pink lingerie, anyway.
# 04 Baba
Baba is an enthusiastic, free willed man from Giant. He was recruited into the F-Zero GP due to his preternatural animal instincts and a resilient, well-toned physique. Upon recruitment, he underwent extensive training in order to get 1st prize. Since he didn't win, he underwent a spiritual journey so he could (obviously). The result made him twice as strong and overconfident for GX
His machine is the Iron Tiger
, ranked B-D-A, weighs 1780kgs, has two RF-2E-SD engines, and was created by the F-Zero Pilot Training School. The design focuses on making sure up-and-coming F-Zero pilots could handle the average F-Zero race. Fortunately, the Iron Tiger has an excellent stability control, that, with Baba's wild driving skills (and everything else), makes the Iron Tiger a formidable machine.
# 08 - Octoman
- Animal Motifs: Likens himself to an elephant, oddly enough.
Mr. Zero: "If you compared yourself to an animal, what would it be?"
Octoman: "Gentle, but strong. I'd have to say an elephant?"
- Animal-Themed Superbeing
- Arrogant Kung-Fu Guy: An I.Q.-related version, but not an Insufferable Genius.
- Ass in Ambassador: It's not entirely his fault; despite trying to maintain peaceful relations between Earth and Takora, his tendency to flaunt his intellectual superiority has him come off as stuck-up at times. However, he does show genuine friendliness towards those who earn his respect and are of a comparable I.Q. level.
- Badass Arm-Fold: Does this with two of his tentacles in GX while at the Machine Settings screen.
- Everything's Squishier With Cephalopods: The comical and friendly kind; he was even one of the first examples.
- Friend to All Children: Much like Leon, he's racing to support the younglings of his home planet.
- Friend to All Living Things: Averted, although his goal is almost as good (for him anyway); he's trying to save his fellow octopi the universe over from being eaten.
- Grass Is Greener: If you think being an octopus is cool, Octoman will be quick to remind you about the possibility of being eaten.
- Happily Married: A wife and nine kids.
- Intergenerational Friendship: He takes kindly to anyone who can match or even rival his intellectual prowess. For this reason, he enjoys the company of Mr. EAD, Dr. Clash, and Mrs. Arrow. The latter he is especially fond of, as she's probably the only human alive who speaks his language. Octoman is 88 in human years, Mrs. Arrow is 27.
- Racing Tentacles: He chalks up the bulk of his racing abilities to his extra arms.
- Reused Character Design: In Star Fox Command, Octoman appears as a member of the Anglar Empire.
- Underwear of Power
- We Are as Mayflies: He's 88 years old and acts like a middle-aged man.
# 09 - Mr. EAD
- Ambiguously Gay
- Artificial Human
- Badass Mustache
- Do Androids Dream?: His answer is a big yes, especially pertaining to his brother.
- The Faceless: Only by a technicality. Mr. EAD is able to remove his face (which is a bit unsettling, but not quite at terrifying levels). That way, he'll be prepared in case Optimus shows up.
- Fan Nickname: Given that he's essentially Mario, expect to see nicknames like Gay Mario, Fat Mario, and EADio.
- Joke Character: Allegedly, his machine is weak to test his resilience.
- Knuckle Cracking
- Noblewoman's Laugh: Yes, really.
- Patriotic Fervor: "Banzai!" For the record, he was built in Kyoto, Japan. Ring a bell?
- Shout-Out: To Nintendo's EAD group, as well as Mario. Heck, his creator was named Shiggs Mapone!
- Stout Strength
- Super Prototype: If he wins, expect to see an assembly line of him.
- Underwear of Power
# 10 - James McCloud
# 11 - Billy
Real Name: Eeeach Koo-koo-koo Yia
# 12 - Kate Alen
- Aroused By Their Voice: In-universe, her soulful singing voice is considered to be this.
- Bare Your Midriff
- Captain Ersatz: As a child, she and her ten brothers formed a band known as the Alen Eleven, a clear knockoff of the Jackson 5.
- Christmas Cake: 30 and fine, but single. Though no one thinks anything of it in the future.
- Dance Racer: Thanks to her sense of rhythm and athleticism picked up from her years of singing and dancing, Kate was able to quickly adjust to the F-Zero races. She even describes the event being "just like dancing".
- Fashion Show: Her bonus video from GX. Involves Unlimited Wardrobe, as it's a one-woman show.
- Former Child Star: Subverted. She's far more popular as a mega-platinum superstar than when she performed with her family.
- Funny Afro
- Idol Singer
- In the Blood: Her parents were successful recording artists and her older brother were also singers.
- Massive Numbered Siblings/Nuclear Family: She has ten older brothers.
- The Prima Donna: Considers herself to be one of the racetrack, but this might be a subversion, given her attitude and the modern denotation of the word.
- Racing Stilettos
- Sassy Black Woman: Her quotes and mannerisms give off shades of this, but if anything, she's closer to being a mild example of a Soul Sista.
- She's Got Legs
- Stripperific: In GX. See for yourself.◊
- Underwear of Power: At first. In GX, she loses the white bodysuit, turning her getup into a Chainmail Bikini-Thong of Shielding combo.
- You Go Girl
# 13 - Zoda
# 14 - Jack Levin
- Ambiguously Gay/Camp Straight: He's gets the former accusation a lot (his bonus video adds fuel to the fire), but if anything, he's closer to being The Dandy. Remember, while he has some odd clothing quirks, he has a Groupie Brigade of swooning women that he adores.
- Anime Hair: Starting with GX.
- Boy Band: Was a part of one before joining the F-Zero races.
- Chest Insignia: His name is written out on his jumpsuit alongside a lightning bolt.
- Disappeared Dad: His father left the family when he was four, forcing Jack to tend to his mother when she was ailing from Gonskie Flu five years later.
- Handsome Lech: He claims that his female fans — all twenty billion of them — are his girlfriends. Why he doesn't pull a move on the handful of single ladies in the games is a good question to ask.
- Hidden Depths: Despite his talents as a singer, his piloting skills are exceptional enough to also merit discussion.
- Knuckle Cracking
- Momma's Boy: By Jack's admission, she's the one person impervious to his charms, which makes her scary to him. Possibly extends from his attachment to his mother during childhood (see Disappeared Dad above).
- Mr. Fanservice: While his status as such is debatable among the fandom, in-universe, YES. Slap his face on anything, and it will sell. As of GX, he's signing his 1,745,233,248 autograph.
# 15 - Bio Rex
- Big Eater: Loves ribs, and meat in general. Also loves liquor.
- Carnivore Confusion: As a bio-enigineered T-rex, Bio Rex still has the primal urges to sample his fares (read: "the rest of the cast").
Bio Rex: "I was all revved up to eat my opposition."
Bio Rex: "If I beat you [the other racers] again, I'll eat the lot of you!"
Bio Rex: "Everyone you meet is food. Eat all the food in front of you."
Bio Rex: "I'm a gourmand. I won't race against anyone who wouldn't make a good meal."
- Everything's Better with Dinosaurs
- Genius Bruiser: He was genetically engineered to be one. The "genius" part is sometimes lost.
- Hot-Blooded: This once ended up blowing up in Bio Rex's face. Before he could even race, he was under constant surveillance by the paparazzi; press conferences, interviews, public appearances, you name it. Eventually, his temper reached a boiling point, causing bad press for his creators, Keerlon Corporation, causing them to cut ties with Bio Rex.
- Primal Stance: What? You expected a genetically-engineered dinosaur to not be an example of this?
- Proud Warrior Race Guy: He races to prove the superiority of dinosaurs to humans.
Bio Rex: "I designed it [the Big Fang]. Dinosaurs are smarter than humans."
Bio Rex (to his fans): "Dinosaurs were on this planet long before you humans came along. The Earth belongs to us!"
- Red Eyes, Take Warning: Subverted. Just make sure to stay on his good side.
- Underwear of Power
# 16 - The Skull
Real Name: Sterling LaVaughn
Said to be a former contestant in an ancestor of the F-Zero league (F-MAX), he was revived through black magic and advanced technology to take to the track once more. The Skull rides the Sonic Phantom, a relic of F-MAX, which has stripped down safety features but is extremely light and speedy (rating E-A-C).
- Back from the Dead
- Black Magic: Aside from the fusion of technology and necromancy used to revive him, the Aura Engines of his Sonic Phantom are rumored to run on the lifeforce of the crowds. Last, but not least, take note of how his ride has no steering wheel. HOW DOES HE PULL IT OFF?
- Blood Knight: He lives (errr...) for racing.
- Crazy-Prepared: Pre-retcon, he was so overtly paranoid about death (as he was extremely lucky to survive each race without a scratch) that he devised a formula for immortality, by combining an ancient, magical chant and several injections of a prototypical drug designed to preserve the brain. It worked.
- Dark Is Not Evil: Looks sinister, but is really only interested in driving. Mr. Zero in GX isn't afraid of him either, like he is when interviewing the game's "proper" villains.
- Dem Bones
- Dub Name Change: In Japan, his real name is Arbin Gordon.
- Everything's Deader with Zombies
- Grass Is Greener: As a member of the living dead, he notes that living is not all it's cracked up to be.
- Grave Marking Scene: Played for Laughs, possibly extending into Grave Humor. He wants to visit his grave and then take a deep sleep in his coffin.
- The Grim Reaper: Several of his comments in GX mention the netherrealm, which implies that he's some sort of undertaker/ferryman for dead souls. However, he also boasts that "Not even the Grim Reaper could have kept up with me!", so make of that as you will.
The Skull: "This [the Sonic Phantom] has amazing boosters. It could blast ALL the way to the netherworld."
The Skull: "Is this [interview] being broadcast in the Underworld?"
The Skull (to his fellow racers): "Here's a one-way ticket to the netherworld."
The Skull: "Don't lose it [my autograph]. It's your passport to the netherworld."
- Noodle Incident: In the original comic that came with F-Zero X, the Skull claimed to have died in a great accident in F-MAX, which apparently killed a royal scion who was racing in it and caused F-MAX to either get shut down or heavily neutered. He notes that F-Zero is a lot safer due to updates in safety standards.
- Our Zombies Are Different: Type V.
- Power Floats: Both of his Idle Animations at the Settings screen in GX involve The Skull somehow lifting his own body off of the ground as if he were a marionette.
- Red Baron
- Stealth Mentor: Possibly serves as this for the other racers. Many of his interview quotes are advice to his competition so that they don't end up like him.
# 17 - Antonio Guster
- Anything You Can Do I Can Do Better: Wants to defeat Captain Falcon just so he can rub it in Goroh's face.
- Badass Arm-Fold: For some unknown reason, he'll sometimes cross his arms and then shake his head disapprovingly at the Settings screeen.
- Badass Crew: He's the leader of his own gang, most likely a Take That to Goroh.
- Badass Longcoat
- Cool Helmet: And he's hiding a mohawk under that. A huge, blue mohawk.
- Cool Shades
- Fingerless Gloves
- Revenge: Wants to serve this to Goroh.
- Best Served Cold
- In the Back: He used to be Goroh's best friend and Lancer, but Goroh set him up to be taken in by the Galactic Space Allies during one of their robberies. The two never met again on peaceful terms.
Antonio Guster: "As soon as the Federation put a price on my head, he tried to turn me in."
Antonio Guster: "This is just the beginning of my revenge, Goroh!"
Antonio Guster (on the key to his victory): "Holding on to how much I hate Samurai Goroh."
Antonio Guster (on his future plans): "To beat Samurai Goroh senseless. Don't run away, coward!"
(on his forte in sports
): "Baseball. Yeah, I'd really like to send Goroh a few dead balls
- The Rival: To Goroh.
# 18 - Beastman
Real Name: Christopher Annex
After nearly dying in a giant crocodile attack
on the planet White, Christopher Annex adopted the identity of the fearless hunter Beastman to protect people from rampaging animals. Creating an intimidating costume from the remains of a slain dinosaur-like reptile, Beastman hides his bashful nature behind an imposing facade. Originally entering the F-Zero solely for promotional reasons, the race became a more personal endeavor when he heard of Bio Rex, a dinosaur man, competing. Now his goal is to protect people from Bio Rex if he gets out of control.
His machine is the Hyper Speeder
, which bears the rating C-C-A and was personally created by Dr. Clash. Originally an old fighter plane discovered by Beastman while on the prowl, he took it to Dr. Clash to refit it as an F-Zero machine. True to its name, it has the highest top speed of any Medium Load machine, but lacks acceleration and doesn't take well to sharp turns on the higher max speed settings.
- Animal Motifs: Dinosaurs. Why not?
- Animal-Themed Superbeing
- Anti-Hero: While he means well, his interviews show he is getting dangerously close to Jumping Off the Slippery Slope.
- Attack! Attack! Attack!: His racing strategy.
- Badass Boast: He gets several in GX, although whether or not he can back it up remains to be seen.
- Becoming the Mask: Underneath his intimidating and aggressive facade, Beastman is extremely shy. However, he seems to gradually making his way towards becoming a real badass.
- Cool Helmet
- Disproportionate Retribution: Yes, Beastman, having a Near Death Experience with a giant crodocile is tragic, but working towards "A peaceful world free of wild animals!" (if by "wild" you mean all non-domesticated animals in general, not rampaging beasts) makes you sound like a Well-Intentioned Extremist.
- Expy: Crocodile Dundee and Steve Irwin IN THE 26TH CENTURY!
- Good Scars, Evil Scars: Due to the run-in with the aforementioned crocodile, his entire body is covered in scars.
- The Hunter
- I Know Karate: Learned karate through correspondence courses.
- Nature Hero
- Shout-Out: His poses during the Settings screen in GX are reminiscent of Bruce Lee, whereas his ending draws heavily from Batman.
# 19 - Leon
- Alien Sky: The Space Angler is the color of the sky on Zou. In all honesty, that means that Zou isn't too different from Earth, but it still sounds kinda cool.
- Animal Stereotypes: Take all of the best traits of the cat family, tie it together in a nice bundle, and you've got Leon.
- Artificial Stupidity: In GX, the Space Angler has become notorious for rarely, if ever, placing above 20th place.
- Big Brother Mentor: To the children of Zou. He routinely plays soccer with them (going as far as to promise to build a soccer field for them with the
prize money) and helps out at the local orphanage. Overlaps with Friend to All Children
Mr. Zero: "For the sake of the children, you can't lose, can you?"
Leon: "I fight for a reason. I win for a reason."
- Book Dumb/Street Smart: He's said to be not too bright, but extremely cunning.
- Cute Kitten: Come ON, he's an oversized furball! What's not to love? :3
- Cuteness Proximity: Being an anthromorphic feline himself, Leon seems to have a natural affinity towards cats, as seen in his GX ending.
- Leon himself seems to have this effect on Mrs. Arrow (she's apparently a Mama Bear towards him), as well as some of the fans (particularly the female ones).
- Dark and Troubled Past: See War Is Hell below.
- Expy: Much like King is to Tekken, Leon is his universe's answer to Fray Tormenta. He even mentions that he's planning to take up wrestling and started an orphanage. He did all of this, alongside becoming a racer, "to see the smiles on the kids' faces."
- Happily Adopted: Depending on the source, he was either adopted by Mrs. Arrow after meeting the couple on his homeworld while they were vacationing on a jungle tour and impressing them with his driving skills (according to X) or by Fable, a rebel soldier disgusted by the merciless tactics used by his comrades who ultimately led the people of Zou to a shaky victory against their invaders and designed the Space Angler to ensure that the already impoverished race wouldn't have to dig themselves deeper (according to GX).
- Informed Ability: Poor Leon. The manual states that he's gotten better over time, but the AI plays him like crap in GX.
- Interspecies Adoption: By either the Arrows or Fable.
- It Was a Gift: His gloves, which were a present from the children of Zou.
- Meaningful Name: Leon is Greek and Spanish for "lion."
- Mix-and-Match Critters: As of GX, he seems be a cross between a cat and a wolf.
- The Pollyanna: Rare male example.
- Retcon: In X, his planet was called Kalicho/Kericho. In GX, it is instead Zou.
- His design itself can somewhat stem from this (as opposed to Art Evolution). In X, it was more apparent that Leon was a cat, and while he had two scars on his face, both eyes were in working order. In GX, his appearance looks more like a wolf. He retains the scars, but not his left eye. Oddly enough, his appearance in his GX Master Class video uses his GX look, with the exception of having two scars on his face but both of his eyes.
- Underwear of Power
- War Is Hell: His backstory plays this one depressingly straight, as the big war that sacked Zou when Leon was only a cub of four years left Leon as an orphan bereft of his left eye, as well as utterly screwing over Zou's populace and economy. Amazingly enough, Leon remains unshaken by these events.
# 20 - Super Arrow
- Animal Motifs: His would appear to be avians.
- Brought to You by the Letter "S": In case you forgot who he was, there's an "A" plastered on his mask.
- Bunny-Ears Lawyer: He's eccentric to say the least, but he isn't the defender of Earth for nothing.
- The Cape: And he comes with a pretty awesome cape to boot. Probably overlaps with The Paragon.
- Cool Mask
- Doing It for the Art: He genuinely enjoys his tenure as a superhero, despite the drawbacks (such as low wages). May lead to (or result from) Chronic Hero Syndrome.
- Henpecked Husband: He gets an allowance from her. When he was beating around the bush with his marriage proposal, she ordered him to marry her. Despite Super Arrow's unrelenting attitude towards criminals, Mrs. Arrow clearly wears the pants in this relationship.
Super Arrow (on who's the better racer): "I concede that victory to my wife. I'm scared not to!"
- Humble Hero: He's the farthest thing from a Smug Super.
- I Call It Vera: Refers to the King Meteor as his "sword of justice."
- Informed Ability: According to X, Super Arrow was a skilled enough racer to be the only pilot who made it through the bloody Horrific Grand Finale. In GX, this was retconned; Super Arrow had to hastily sign up for the races and was a neophyte who used his superpowers to give the illusion of actual ability. The games have never demonstrated what those powers are (not including his video in GX, where he's shown to have flight and mad guitar skillz), so it's unknown if he possesses the usual fare or something more mundane.
- Justice Will Prevail: This is essentially his Catch Phrase.
Super Arrow: "Justice always wins in the end."
- May-September Romance: With Mrs. Arrow. He's eight years her senior (as of GX, he's 35, she's 27), but the specifics of their love story is hazy.
- Robot Buddy: Speed Bird, his silent bird companion who doubles as the Team Pet and was a gift from Lazlo Falconi, a merchant who was one of Super Arrow's sponsors.
Super Arrow: "It brings me good luck."
- Secret Identity: Alluded to.
Super Arrow: "The defender of justice must keep his face hidden."
- Shout-Out: Somebody's been watching a bit too much Batman: The Animated Series.
- Superheroes Wear Tights
- "Super Sentai" Stance: Fond of these.
- They Fight Crime
# 21 - Mrs. Arrow
Real Name: Monique L'amoreaux Arrow
Born into a wealthy family, her father a powerful businessman in neuroplastics and her mother the vice president of the Milky Way Federation, Mrs. Arrow was surrounded by servants since she was an only child and received an excellent education in music and linguistics. She met Super Arrow while recruiting for the revived Grand Prix before X
. Monique fell for Super Arrow and the two wed. Monique, now simply called Mrs. Arrow, gave up her old job as an F-Zero supermodel and joined Super Arrow as a racer, though she focuses on helping her husband rather than winning herself.
Her machine is the Queen Meteor
, ranked E-B-B, weighs 1140kgs, has two HW305-U2 engines, and was created by Professor Hollow as well. It's nearly identical to the King Meteor above, but heavier, giving slightly more stability. It still has great boost and grip and cruddy integrity, but it performs better due to the extra weight.
- Action Girl: Her superheroics are a bit of an Informed Ability, but her prowess on the track is undeniable.
- Action Wife
- All Amazons Want Hercules: Played with extensively. Was she attracted to his strength? Was he attracted to hers? Both? Something else entirely?
- Amazonian Beauty
- Battle Couple: Given her comments, it can be inferred that she doesn't just aid Super Arrow on the track, but with his superheroics (despite having no inherent superpowers of her own) as well! Badass Normal, anyone?
- Beauty, Brains and Brawn: She is literally all three.
- Cool Shades: She possess a pair of purple Triangle Shades in X. She loses them in her victory photo from X and in GX entirely (instead wearing another pair in her GX ending).
- Distracted by the Sexy: In-universe, her ending in GX, the appropriately-titled "The Charm of Mrs. Arrow."
- Dumb Blonde/Brainless Beauty: Averted astronomically hard. In terms of I.Q., she's up there with Mr. EAQ (highly intelligent android), Octoman (member of a species that prides itself on its intellectual superiority), and Dr. Clash (the man responsible for most of the innovations found in the current F-Zero machines). Growing up, she received an excellent education is music and linguistics. She's a multitalented musician (to the point that she plays with the Federation Orchestra whenever she catches up with them) and is fluent in over 40 languages, including Takoran, Octoman's native tongue (a language so difficult to grasp that it was believed to be impossible for human comprehension). Thanks to her classy upbringing (most likely homeschooled to boot), she's far more than a pretty face.
- Expy: Perhaps unintentional, but her◊ design◊ note shares a few traits with that of Power Girl, such as this depiction and as Power Woman◊ in Kingdom Come (both drawn by Alex Ross).
- Genius Bruiser: Factoring in all of the tropes regarding her appearance and smarts, and she easily comes across as this.
- Officer, Lady, and a Scholar: Likewise, given her social status. The "Officer" part is a somewhat debatable, given that she and her husband are technically vigilantes, but overall, she fits the bill.
- Hair of Gold, Heart of Gold: There are times when she comes across as vain (such as calling herself "the most beautiful champion in F-Zero history") and overconfident ("Was such a foregone conclusion boring to watch?"), but her heart is always in the right place. For example, she averts being a Rich Bitch by offering up the prize money to charity.
- Happily Married: Hence the title, "Mrs."
- Hot Teacher: She and Super Arrow founded and run the F-Zero Racing School in order to recruit and train prospective racers. She's also a private tutor for her husband, which makes for an interesting spin on a Sexy Mentor Ship.
- Iconic Item: She's never seen without that emerald/jade-encrusted necklace of hers, although the significance of it is unknown.
- Impossible Hourglass Figure
- Justice Will Prevail: She's just as keen as her husband is on keeping the peace (maybe that's why they clicked?).
Mrs. Arrow: "The Arrows go wherever evil is."
Mr. Zero: "I've heard the justice of Mrs. Arrow is known for its severity!"
Mrs. Arrow: "Racers who break the rules will be severely punished!"
- Lady of War: Her official title in GX is "The Elegant Mrs. Superhero."
- Ojou: Her father is a powerful businessman in the neuroplastics industry, while her mother was the former vice president of the Milky Way Federation. As the sole heiress of these two, her childhood consisted of being catered by numerous servant and having the liberty to pursue any dream she saw fit. It doesn't help that her family appears to be loaded.
- Aunt Pennybags: Maybe. Her financial-related goals are quite altruistic in comparison to some of the other characters' plans with the prize money.
- Socialite: It's a stretch, but she does have the air and presence of one. She even resembles a more muscular version of the page picture.
- Spoiled Sweet: Definitely.
- Racing Stilettos
- She's Got Legs
- Team Mom: Despite being a better racer than Super Arrow by lightyears, she wholly devotes her time and experience to ensuring his success. Additionally, she adopted Leon (according to X) and is overly protective of him, suggesting that she's a Kindhearted Cat Lover.
- Theme Naming: She pilots the Queen Meteor, while her hubby races in the King Meteor. Both machines are similar in appearance and sport a heart decal with Cupid's Arrow running through it, complete with the words "King & Queen" written on a banner underneath. Awwww.
- Tsundere: Implied. She's a kindhearted woman, a loving and faithful wife, and a valuable friend to many. Yet, she's one of the more aggressive racers, and GX goes to great lengths to show that she has Super Arrow whipped. Her default mood is unknown, but the hints we've been given point at Type B.
- Underwear of Power: Apparently, the combination of a matching bra, thong, and high-heeled boots worn over a skin-tight bodysuit is all the rage in the 26th century.
- Willfully Weak: As noted above, Mrs. Arrow spends her time defending her husband instead of actually trying to win the GP for herself. Though that doesn't stop her from finishing in the top-six nine times out of ten.
# 22 - Gomar & Shioh
# 23 - Silver Neelson
# 24 - Michael Chain
Leader of the racing gang known as the Bloody Chain, racing is all Michael has ever known. After his parents were killed in a drive-by shooting, he raced simply to get attention... and evade police. The Bloody Chain at one point boasted over 10,000 active members across the galaxy — it was at this point that Michael joined the F-Zero to represent all he had worked for. However, a losing record has caused many of its members to lose heart, and membership has dropped considerably; in a few years, it might be dissolved completely unless Michael can turn his luck around. He listens to a combination of Heavy Metal and Opera while racing, because it reminds him of his parents, and is generally a very aggressive driver.
His machine, the Wild Boar
, has an A-C-C rating and was created by Asteroid Motors. Its strong armor suits itself very well to Michael's full contact racing style, but it suffers in many other areas, not least of which being actual speed and acceleration. Additionally, it's the single loudest machine to ever compete; it's rumored that the airfoils along the ship's spine were added solely to increase its sound output.
# 25 - Blood Falcon
A clone of Captain Falcon created while Falcon was in the hospital from the Great Accident. Being only four years old, he follows only Black Shadow's command and vows to destroy Captain Falcon. However, as of late he's been pondering whether he's actually human or elsewise.
His machine is the Hell Hawk
in America), has a B-A-E rating, weighs 1170kgs, has two DS019G & two BF2001 engines, and was created by the BS Group. It was supposed to be like the Blue Falcon, but BS Group gave it much more speed in order to compete against it. However, they had to sacrifice grip, so while it is fast, it's hard to control.
- Animal-Themed Superbeing
- Blood Knight: If you see this guy on the track, use the boost to get through! You won't regret it.
- Bowdlerization: Hell Hawk is known as "Blood Hawk" in America.
- The latest Japanese games eventually started calling his racer Blood Hawk as well.
- Bring It: One of his poses has him signal to the player in this fashion.
- Cloning Blues: And guess what? He's not the only one.
- Cool Helmet
- Difficult but Awesome: In X, various Good Bad Bugs with the physics (which are very difficult to master) make him one of the top choices for setting world records.
- Divergent Character Evolution: Lampshaded when the scientists working on the Blood Hawk realize that Blood won't be able to defeat Falcon if their vehicles are identical.
- The Dragon: To Black Shadow.
- Evil Counterpart/Evil Knockoff/Evil Twin: Obviously, he's the Shadow Archetype to Captain Falcon meant to portray a "What If?" scenario: an evil Falcon completely subservient to Black Shadow.
- Evil Gloating
: "You [Captain Falcon] and Blue Falcon can die together!" (evil laugh
- Fangs Are Evil
- Informed Ability: In F-Zero X, he was considered to have the best machine (due to the physics engine and all), but he's terrible in GX (due to the new physics engine), to the point of being considered the 2nd worst machine in the game and nowhere near the Blue Falcon that it's supposedly superior to.
- Knuckle Cracking
- Psychopathic Manchild: He's a four-year-old child in the body of an evil clone of Captain Falcon. This was to be expected.
- Racing Pragmatist: "The heart of a devil! Doing whatever it takes to win!"
- Red Oni: To both Captain Falcon and Black Shadow.
- Resistance Is Futile: Says this word-for-word as his televised message to Falcon. After making a death threat.
- Scarf of Asskicking: Unlike Falcon, his scarf hangs out.
- Slasher Smile: One of the big differences between him and Captain Falcon is his toothy grin.
- Spikes of Villainy: On his shoulder pads.
- There Can Only Be One: Clearly, he's suffering from a massive inferiority complex. Blood is constantly trying to prove that he's the "real" Falcon and "a hero."
- Villains Out Shopping: His GX Master Class video is one of the laundromat videos.
- Younger than They Look: He's only 4! Well, he's a clone of Captain Falcon, but still...
# 26 - John Tanaka
- All Love Is Unrequited: He is Jody's Hopeless Suitor, whereas Jody may be crushing on Falcon. Poor guy, a rose and everything...
- Amazon Chaser: John admires Jody for being a self-made woman and a highly-capable combat-machine pilot.
- Cannot Spit It Out: He won't propose to Jody until he wins the Grand Prix, an event where his chances are egregiously slim.
- The Champion: He tries to be one for Jody. Yeah...
- Dogged Nice Guy
- Eyes Always Shut
- Gadgeteer Genius: Well, he wouldn't be the Galactic Space Federation's mechanic if he was incompetent. Also, it should be said that his Wonder Wasp was originally a pet project heavily modified for the races.
- Generic Name: A combination of a very common Western first name name (John) and a very common Japanese last name (Tanaka).
- Gentleman and a Scholar: Thanks to the principles he learned from martial arts.
- Hermit Guru: According to GX.
Mr. Zero: "Your years as a hermit have paid off?"
John Tanaka: "Yes, I only came down off that mountain one time."
- I Know Karate: Alluded to, when John mentions "sports and martial arts" (the latter of which IS a sport) as a response to how he attained a healthy physique. Subverted later on, as he states he didn't pick up the skills to adequately defend himself (sorry, fans, he's not a Badass Bookworm).
- Meaningful Name: Like Dr. Stewart and Dai Goroh, his stats are D-A-D. He highly respected Mason Summer (Jody's father), although this could be interpreted as John asking his would-be father-in-law for blessings on his unlikely relationship with Jody.
- Non-Action Guy: He's a mechanic, not a fighter.
- Public Service Announcement: His lone driving tip. "Always remember to fasten your seatbelt."
- Robot Buddy: J-Love 1. Guess what the "J" stands for.
- Shout-Out: Listen to his theme in GX. You are now playing Space Invaders.
- "Super Sentai" Stance: Oddly enough, he briefly does one at the Settings screen.
- Unlucky Everydude
# 27 - Draq
Full Name: Bellonngian Draquillie
# 28 - Roger Buster
# 29 - Dr. Theodore Clash
- Bare Your Midriff: Unfortunately. Due to his lack of exercise, he has a noticeable gut.
- The Bartender: Works as one during Story Mode in GX.
- Bears Are Bad News:
- His machine, the Crazy Bear. In GX, he reveals his latest creation: the Big Bear.
- Cool Shades
- Expository Hairstyle Change: In X, he's shown to have unruly, unkempt hair that fell down slightly below his neck. One year later, he's starting to bald, showing a receeding hairline and a prominent forehead.
- Gadgeteer Genius, Mr. Fixit: He's responsible for most of the innovations found in current F-Zero machines (he holds seventeen patents on F-Zero technology and personally oversaw the creation of eight of the vehicles currently racing), going as far as to include most of that technology in his Crazy Bear (makes you wonder why it has a "E" ranking in Grip). In addition, he converted an old F-1 fighter jet into Beastman's Hyper Speeder.
- Genius Cripple: Vaguely. As his physical condition is quite poor, he invented a backpack-esque gadget to level the playing field.
- Gentleman and a Scholar: Largely subverted, as he tends to veer into the land of Insufferable Geniuses.
- Stout Strength: In spite of the above, he has clearly defined biceps.
# 30 - Black Shadow
Described as the Big Bad
of sorts in F-Zero X
, though this has no bearing in-game. His stated goal is to "kill Captain Falcon in front of billions of viewers".
- The Ace: He's often the most competent racer when used by the CPU in F-Zero GX.
- Affably Evil: And how. He's as civil as can be. The below line is spoken in the most polite tone conceivable.
Black Shadow: "Falcon, you've come to die? I needn't have wasted time looking for you then."
- A God Am I: Wants to destroy the current world and remake it in his own image.
- Animal Motifs: Possibly the bull, given his vehicle's name and the horns on both his costume and F-Zero machine. Coincidentally, this also ties into the Devil-like imagery Black Shadow gives off, as Christian demonology popularized the idea of demons being depicted with horns and bull-like features.
- Arch-Enemy: To Captain Falcon.
- Badass Arm-Fold
- Badass Cape
- Badass Creed: "Domination or death!" Yes, even evil has its own dogma.
- Big Bad
- Black Knight
- Blood Knight: It's hinted that he loves to destroy the other racers on a whim.
- Bowdlerization: The below exchange was cut from the U.S. version of GX, yet Blood and Deathborn get to avert Never Say "Die" at every moment. Great idea, guys.
Mr. Zero: "Your rivals are howling are for revenge!"
- The Computer Is a Cheating Bastard: Chapter 7 of Story Mode in GX is so notorious for breaking the rules (i.e. Black Shadow staying in 1st place without using his boost) that Nipple Bandit's legendary, AO-rated rant from Something Awful is listed in the quotes section of Nintendo Hard. Yeah, that bad.
- Cool Mask
- Dark Is Evil: And just to drive the point home, he's wearing all black.
- Evil Is Bigger: Unquestionably one of the largest, most imposing characters in the series.
- Evil Laugh, Evil Gloating, Evil Has a Bad Sense of Humor, Evil Is Cool, Pragmatic Villainy: He hits quite a few more marks, too. With all of this (and his penchant for Narm), he'd be Laughably Evil if he wasn't so disturbingly twisted.
- Fan Nickname: His resemblance to the goddamn Batman has not gone unnoticed by the fandom. Nicknames like "Batman from Hell" and "Black Batman" are very common.
- Fiction 500: He considers the prize of one billion space credits a paltry sum. All of that Offscreen Villain Dark Matter seems to imply that Black Shadow has some pretty good resources at his disposal.
- Fingerless Gloves
- Genre Savvy: When Deathborn gives Black Shadow one more chance to win the F-Zero GP, how does he prepare? By eliminating the competition outside of the races when they're least expecting it. It's unknown how many racers he went after, but Falcon and Jody were on his list.
- Kneel Before Zod: "Bow down before my power, Falcon!"
- Knuckle Cracking
- Large and in Charge: This guy is built like a truck!
- Magic is Evil: He displays a few unexplained powers (such as trapping Falcon with a bolt of blue energy and summoning Blood Falcon out of nowhere). Definitely evil.
- Mighty Glacier: While certainly not the best machine for setting records in F-Zero X, his Black Bull is definitely one of the best for ramming opponents into oblivion.
- Nebulous Evil Organisation: The eponymous Black Shadow Group.
- Physical God: It is rumored that Black Shadow was bestowed with immortality and the ability to reincarnate.
- Psychotic Smirk: The moment you see this, your days are numbered.
- Red Baron: The King of Evil.
- Satan: With the horns and the black clothing, he definitely gives off these vibes.
- They Know Too Much: During his interview with Mr. Zero, it's implied that this is why he's going to burn the complex down to the ground, with Mr. Zero and the audience still inside.
- You Have Failed Me: In the prologue to GX's Story Mode, Deathborn tells him he's got one more chance to win before he receives the final punishment.