open/close all folders
The character that caused Redryuranger 11 to have a Creator Breakdown and is now the target of a rescue. In Second Turning, it has been revealed that the Ryu in First Strike is actually a clone and not the real Ryu. Nonetheless, since this information didn't come until Second Turning, this section will refer to both the real and clone Ryu.
Ryunosuke 'Ryu' Rekka/Kodenred
"The Flames of Courage flow within the Heart, Blazing Soul, Kodenred!"
- Alliterative Name: Ryunosuke Rekka. However this isn't his real name, his real name is actually an Aversion. It's Ryunosuke Hinote.
- Alternate Self: Well not Ryu himself in the remake but, this is how he's Kai's brother without Kai's being born in the timeline that they're all on. The Karuranger version of Ryu is also an Alternate Self to this Ryu as well.
- Berserk Button: Say what you will about the wimpy Ryu, just don't mess with any of the people he cares about or he will make sure you regret it.
- In the original fic he would go berserk every single time he heard anything perverted, which went along with his original image, and start attacking whoever made the perverted comment.
- Both versions share a common Berserk Button in that whenever Ryu is near death or dead, his ancestor would take control of his body and start wailing on the enemy without taking any hits. This also comes with the downside in that he has no distinction between enemy and ally or even civilians.
- In the original fic he would go berserk every single time he heard anything perverted, which went along with his original image, and start attacking whoever made the perverted comment.
- Chaste Hero: Another factor that made him a Sue was the fact that he was this. Chapters would be strewn with perverts, rapists, and pedophiles just for him to prove his point.
- The rewritten version of him on the other hand . . .
- Cloning Blues: Second Turning, a sequel and continuation to First Strike, reveals that First Strike Ryu is actually a clone of the real Ryu, who is the Alternate Self of the hero of the remake. The Real Ryu in that timeline is not amused with the clone when he came back.
- Determinator: Even when DEAD he will rise up to fight until he wins.
- It helps that he has an ancestor watching over him and possessing him when he dies which incidentally revives him whenever it happens.
- Dual Wielding: Ryu's personal weapons are a set of twin Chinese Swords.
- Even when not using his personal weapons, if he's using any sword, he'll usually want to get a second one to use.
- Dude Looks Like a Lady: It has been mentioned many times how pretty Ryu looked. Ryu can even pull off being a girl if he wore a dress and wig. So far the rewrite only has Ryu doing this once unlike the many times he has done it in the original fic.
- Flaming Sword
- Hard Head: He has one, and it hurts.
- Instant Expert: Kind of an aversion since it's been mention that Ojii-chan has been training him all his life. However it is played straight if we take the first chapter of the original fic into context. He started out scared of the people who abhor him. Come the second chapter, he's taking down bullies, pedophiles, and armed rapists. Oh my.
- The rewrite averts it by making Ryu able to fight, but only because he was taught how to since a child. He's not as effective as the original version of himself though since he gets tossed around all the time. He's hoping to get better by training.
- Law of Chromatic Superiority: He was the first to get his powers and in the original story, the first to obtain the power up and the one who received the most focus out of the whole entire cast.
- Mistaken for Gay: In the rewrite, in the only chapter so far in which he wears a dress, he was seen by Rai.
- Otaku: He's a Kamen Rider Den-O Fanboy.
- Parental Abandonment: Ryu lost his parents when he was young and was left to be raised by Ojii-chan, and apparently Ojii-chan left Ryu alone a lot.
- This is played straight with Ryu's biological parents in the rewrite since the back story for Ryu stayed the same, but subverted with his parents' friends which raised him like their child note unlike the original fic which either they didn't associate with Ryu at all or they were total jerks.
- Playing with Fire
- Shout-Out: Whenever there is a mention of a hero that Ryu liked since childhood, it would usually be a reference to the author's favorite Kamen Rider, Kamen Rider Den-O.
- Supporting Protagonist: He seems like one in the remake.
- Spotlight Stealing Boy: Every single chapter in the original fic had Ryu be the center of attention. Even when it wasn't his focus chapter he still received MORE focus than the character it was supposed to be focused on. The chapters in which he had the least appearances are the chapters in which he doesn't talk much, and he still receives more focus!
- The Hero
- Kind of the reason the author had the breakdown in the first place.
- The Woobie: If his backstory doesn't have you in tears then the fact that he's hated by the author ought to make you at least want to give him a hug.
- The Worf Effect: The remake seems to make Ryu exist only to solely be beaten up by the Monster of the Week, and he's the main character, or might be at the very least.
- Tranquil Fury: Kind of what happens whenever Ryu's ancestor takes over his body. Though Ryu starts fighting much like a Berserker would, he makes no sounds and dodges everything that comes his way.
"The body is charged with a sparking light, Thundering Technique, Kodengreen!"
- An Axe to Grind: His Weapon of Choice
- He likes to use an Axe Kick
- Badass Bookworm: Probably, it's been said that he studies quite a bit.
- Badass Normal: He handled his own against Kai and this was before Rai even had powers.
- Berserk Button: DO NOT hit on his sister or he will pound you. note
- This also applies if you hurt Ryn. He will go out of his way to make sure that you do not get up, ever.
- A new fic by the Author titled Radiant Sentai Seinranger seems to give Rai another button to push. If you hit on Ayako, his vice president, he will rush over to make sure you don't.
- Big Brother Instinct: He's overprotective of his sister, constantly hugging her and shouting 'MINE' at other boys. This causes some people to mistaken it for something else. Even their uncle has lampshaded this.
- Cargo Ship / Robo Sexual: With Kodentiger. It's hard to pinpoint exactly because Kodentiger isn't exactly a Robot Girl nor is she usually in her Koden Gem Form.
- Chick Magnet: (Remake) He attracted a giant mecha. But in all seriousness, Ayako obviously likes Rai, Ryn seems to have some feelings for Rai, and according to Kodentiger, Mai and Karen may be attracted to Rai. Dude's got game.
- Delinquent: Well he was one, until he met Ryn.
- Elemental Powers: Shock and Awe
- Expy: He's a homage to Daigo of Gosei Sentai Dairanger.
- Heterosexual Life-Partners: With Lee.
- Ho Yay: For a guy who claims to be straight, he sure has a lot of this with Lee. And Ryu according to some Yaoi fangirls in story.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: He starts out a jerk without a noticeable heart but by the next chapter he appears in, he gets the heart . . . but he kind of loses the jerk part.
- On the other hand, the rewrite has him be introduced as a jerk and stays a jerk yet at the same time you cannot help but see that he has a genuinely good heart.
- Love Triangle: He has a crush on Ryn, but Ryn likes Ryu. Ryu (at least in the rewrite) likes a lot of girls so it's more of a Love Dodecahedron.
- Meaningful Name: His name is Rai which translates to Lightning and his last name is Shishi which translates to Lion.
- Panthera Awesome: He's themed after a Lion, and his mecha is a lion, a lion that shoots lightning.
- Even better, the second mecha that he obtains is a white tiger.
- It's even better in the remake, instead of a tiger, the second mecha is a Liger!
- Parental Abandonment: His parents were apparently killed in a car accident.
- Out of Focus: Kind of hard to be in focus when the only character that receives focus is the main character himself.
- Seme/Uke: According to Rai, if he was in a homosexual relationship, he would be the Seme. The Yaoi Fangirls beg to differ and see Rai as the Uke in any relationship, unless that other is Ryu.
- Shout-Out: In the rewrite he has a new attack named Retribution Lightning. It's incantation and the description of the attack appear to be a shout out to Indignation.
- Him being an expy of Daigo makes him a shout out to Daigo from his mannerisms to his theme. Kind of changed with the Rewrite but it's still there, sort of.
- Student Council President
- The Lancer: Theoretically this. Might be considered The Hero in the rewrite if Ryu turning out to be a Supporting Protagonist turns out to be true.
- The Smart Guy: If he's neither The Hero or The Lancer, then he's this at the very least since he's a better strategist than Ryu is.
- He's the leader of the team in the rewrite because of this.
"The sense are strengthened by constant training, Unshakable Body, Kodenblue!"
- Ascended Fanboy: Just look at some of the stuff that he says in the remake. Clearly he always wanted to be a ranger.
- Badass Normal: The guy, without any powers at the time, fought Kai to a point in which Kai out of desperation uses a Power-Up then Lee takes a dangerous attack from the power up, and Lee lives.
- Bare-Fisted Monk: Doesn't like to use weapons unless said weapons are a pair of knuckles.
- Bruce Lee Clone: Not so much a clone in appearance, but he does use a similar sounding Battle Cry.
- In the rewrite, Lee actually uses a One Inch Punch.
- Can Not Tell A Lie: Everything he says is the truth. So if a person looks good he'll say that person looks good, even if its a boy. This tends to annoy the others a bit.
- Cerebus Ret Con: Was the funny guy in the original story but in the rewrite he appeared to be serious all of a sudden.
- AVERTED. He's still the funny guy, but focusing on him allows a deeper view into how he thinks.
- Crouching Moron, Hidden Badass: He's shown to be quite an idiot, yet he's actually pretty badass.
- In the rewrite he's less of a moron as he shows a clever side to himself. Doesn't make him any less of a badass though.
- Driven to Suicide: (remake) After breaking his right arm for what might be permanently, Lee decides he can't help it anymore and tries to jump off the roof.
- Interrupted Suicide: In a chain of multiple Crowning Moment of Awesome, Ryu grabs Lee while Lee is dangling and then Ryu starts calling Lee out, even showing that he can be tough when need be. Afterwards, Rai steps in to help, saving Lee from death. Rai then beats Lee and hugs Lee and starts crying about why he needs Lee. Then Karen comes and heals Lee's arm with her newly taught healing powers.
- Expy: He's a homage to Shouji from Gosei Sentai Dairanger.
- Fridge Logic: Why is Lee themed after a Pegasus, and uses water and ice?
- Why is Kodentenma, a Pegasus, classified as a land Kodenjyu yet can fly (and swim).
- Probably because it has four legs and runs a lot.
- Rule of Cool?
- Handsome Lech: He likes commenting on how sexy people are and ogling them plus he admits to wanting to strip them and grope them. Probably doesn't mean it, but since he's so honest, he comes off as one.
- Heterosexual Life-Partners: With Rai.
- Ho Yay: He's called Ryu gorgeous. He also likes to hang around with Rai, who used to bully Lee.
- Idiots Cannot Catch Colds: Seriously, he accidentally freezes himself while taking a bath and he's fine.
- Making a Splash & An Ice Person: His Elemental Powers
- Made of Iron: Nothing seems to make him flinch in pain, except for Ryu's head.
- Nerd: He was one until he stood up to Rai. Now he's the most athletic person in the school. Even Ryu has a hard time believing that.
- Manly Man: The Manly Man to Rai and Ryu's Sensitve Guy.
- This was reversed when he and Rai were kids.
- Out of Focus: If your name's not Ryu, you're not getting much screen time in the original fic.
- Shout-Out: His battle cries are all a shout out to Bruce Lee.
- Stepford Smiler: Not outright stated, but Lee does mention that the reason he's the way he is today was because he started smiling when things got bad . . . so does that mean his smiles aren't sincere?
- The Big Guy: Reportedly has the highest defense out of all the other rangers and also probably the most athletic.
- The Lancer: Not in the Five-Man Band but to Rai.
- Weapon of Choice: BFG: Supposed to be it. He sucks with it.
"The techniques bloom alongside nature, Amazing Sense, Kodenyellow!"
- Action Girl: By virtue of actually having some experience in martial arts.
- A-Cup Angst: She's really insecure of her breast size when she tries to compare with Ryn and Miku.
- Beware the Nice Ones: She's usually the most timid and friendly out of all the five rangers, but as the remake shows, push too many buttons and she'll start giving you a beating. Kai found this out the hard way.
- Dishing Out Dirt & Green Thumb: Her Elemental Powers
- Drunken Boxing: Uses this to fight sometimes.
- Healing Hands: In the remake, it's shown that she has this power. Although, when she first uses this power, she sucks Rai's thumb and makes some suggestive noises, but afterward she uses this power to heal Lee's permanent broken arm while actually utilizing her hands.
- Idol Singer: In the original fic, she dreams of becoming this. On the other hand, the remake cuts right to the chase and she's already a full fledged Idol Singer, but this kind of falls under Informed Ability due to the fact that the author changed chapter 7's plot after a long period of time.
- Rings of Death: Her Chakram are quite deadly. And she has two.
- Shout-Out: The fact that she knows drunken fist seems to be a shout out to the style used by Kazu.
- The Smart Girl: She's able to think on her feet and she was the one to figure out a strategy to beat the constantly healing Bat Kagejyu.
- Tomboy and Girly Girl: Even though both she and Ryn are girly, Karen's even more girlier.
"The soul shines through the storming winds, Passionate Heart, Kodenpink!"
- Blow You Away
- Expy: She's an Expy of a character from another one of the author's story, whose name is also Ryn. Unfortunately for this Ryn, she does't have nearly as much screen time as that Ryn due to Ryu being a Spotlight Stealing Boy. It doesn't help that in the remake, she's not even the Heroine anymore.
- Instant Expert: Even though every one averts this trope in some way, Ryn is the only one who actually plays it straight. She has no actual martial arts training nor has she ever gotten into any fights, yet after getting her powers, she is able to match up with the best of them and kick ass. Also she mastered her elemental powers much more faster than every one else did. note
- The Chick: Has no experience in battle whatsoever.
- Action Girl: Granted though, she actually does have the personality and unlike Karen, won't falter in battle and thus is a little more Gung Ho in battle.
- Double Weapon: Her personal weapon is a bow, a Bladed Bow with blades on both sides.
- The Lancer: She's actually supposed to be the lancer to Ryu, but due to being Out of Focus too much, this sort of gets blown off. In the remake though, this isn't the case as much.
- Tomboy and Girly Girl: She's not a Tomboy but since Karen's much more girlier than Ryn is, Ryn ends up in that spot.
- Boobs of Steel: The Author likes describing her 'melons' a lot and she's the strongest out of the three girls. Apparently she had them as a seven year old too.
- Demoted to Extra: Word of God says she's not going to be a ranger in the remake. Doesn't stop her from being the supposedly Main Heroine.
- Holy Hand Grenade
- Her role as the Koden Master means she can actually control all elements.
- Ms. Fanservice: Quite frankly, with the way she's described, if she wasn't in word form, this might actually be her role.
- Feathery Fan Of Doom: Uses two of them.
"The Will to fight burns brightly within me, Burning Ability, Kodengold!"
- Cold Sniper: He's cold, and a sniper.
- Friendly Sniper: In the remake, he's Friendly instead, and still a sniper.
- Hammerspace: He seems to pull out guns large and small from just out of nowhere. Seems to keep them in his coat that he wears a lot, yet said coat shouldn't be able to hold all his weapons.
- Early-Bird Cameo: He appeared in Chapter 7 in the remake and Kodengold actually debutted in that chapter as well unlike in the original where Kodengold actually debutted 4 chapters later. Granted it wasn't a cameo, but still it was to showcase that the author was adamant about eliminating Kodensilver and only using Kodengold as a Sixth Ranger.
- Fanboy: (Remake) He's shown to be a Karen Fanboy.
- Jerkass: Unlike Rai, Kousuke actually doesn't appear to have a heart of gold at all. He's nice to Miku but to everyone else, he just treats them coldly and violently lashes at them. The guy wants to freaking shoot a sixteen year old just because said sixteen year old was the love interest of his sister.
- More Dakka: Without transforming, he always relies just on this strategy, to constantly pull out guns from his coat and open fire on the enemy until he runs out of bullets. And then afterward he uses what he dubs the Burning Bullet.
- Nice Guy: Wow. The Remake actually does away with his original personality and replace it with this type of personality. He's now nice to Ryu instead of trying to gun Ryu down every few seconds. Kousuke is still gun crazy but that only means trouble to the bad guys.
- It helps that this time that Kousuke has a girlfriend. Love probably helped change the guy.
- Killed Off for Real: In Second Turning, Kousuke was killed in the very first chapter because he was a Jerkass.
- Out of Focus: Granted every one not named Ryu gets out of focus, but Kousuke gets special mention in that, he barely gets any screen time. The most screen time that he has is the chapter in which he is formally introduced, but afterwards, he barely appears at all and only appears to be in battle. He exists only to make the team a team of 7, and that's not required whatsoever.
- The Gunslinger: Outside of his suit, he uses guns a lot.
- The Power of the Sun
- Token Evil Teammate: Played straight in First Strike. Completely averted in the remake. Instead, now he's much more nicer and more badass.
- Weapon of Choice: Oddly enough, not a pistol, or a rifle, or a BFG. Instead, a Blade on a Stick.
Kage Warriors & Villains
So far from the remake, it seems that Kai is a completely different character in the remake than he is in the original. Because of this, Kai will have two different entries instead of one. The two however do share common tropes with each other, which are
- Aloof Ally
- Anti-Hero: What he essentially is eventually in the original fic and at the start of the remake. A type IV in the original fic whereas he's a type II in the remake.
- Bare-Fisted Monk: Fights only with his fists and feet, with the only weapons that he has being golden gauntlets that he uses to block blades. He also rarely transforms into his armored form to fight making him 'bare' in more than one way.
- Cool Mask: He seriously only has a mask just because it's cool. Nothing can explain why he has one at all other then that it's cool since he constantly takes it off.
- Although in the remake, there is a reason why he has that mask. He hides a face that looks just like Ryu's. Plus, it was a gift from his mom
- Dark Is Edgy
- Expy: His back story and the way he acts seems a lot like Rio.
- Noble Demon: What he all of a sudden became after an absence. The remake has him as this right from the start.
Kai Orochi/Ryou Hinote/Kurochi
- Alternate Self: The fact that he doesn't have one kind of baffles him. He could however be considered one to First Strike Kai and vice versa.
- Aloof Big Brother: The remake does away with his original personality. Because of this, Kai acts like this.
- He is Ryu's brother, albeit from an alternate timeline
- Bad Powers, Good People: A Deconstruction of one. He's not a bad person, however his powers require him to be a villain in order to power up. As shown by later chapters, if Kai is to slack off, he would be brutally beaten by the true villains so unfortunately, in order for Kai to survive, he and his cohorts have to be villains.
- Crowning Moment of Heartwarming: In the past, he had been an enemy to his eventual parents, but one day they started treating him like a son because Ryuuji went through the Time Traveling arc of Kodenranger.
- Dark is Not Evil: He uses dark powers and fights with the rangers from time to time, but he's shown countless times that he's an ally and is actually fighting against the real Big Bad. He's actually more like one of the Protagonists.
- Designated Villain: In the remake, he only does one thing that's villainous but even then he didn't seem like a bad guy, yet he himself wants every one to treat him like a villain. That's not working when you're constantly helping the heroes.
- Identical Stranger: In the remake at least, he has the exact same face as Ryu.
- Not a stranger anymore, he's actually Ryu's brother, in a way
- Long-Lost Relative:Sort of. He's not really the brother of the Ryu in the story, but he's still the brother of a Ryu from the timeline that he had come from, but since both Ryu's were essentially the same person, that sort of means that Kai is Ryu's brother.
- Older Than They Look: He looks like a sixteen year old and can pull off being Ryu when he doesn't have his mask on. However, he was taken from his time when he was young and brought to the past. Ryuuji and Sara were sixteen while he was eight at the time. Calculate that and Kai's actually thirty two.
- Marty Stu: There's unfortunately accusation that this version of Kai is one. And every one knows what happened the last time there was a Mary Stu.
- Retcon: Kai got hit by this HARD in the remake. His personality changed a lot from his original incarnation and he's not even a villain anymore, except he wants to be one.
- He got hit by this before the remake. He went to Noble Demon right after he sort of disappeared from the fic.
- The Hero: When you get right down to it, he's actually pretty heroic and with his screentime, he seems to be at the very least the protagonist when it's during his point of view.
- The Woobie: His parents and brother died when he was young, then he was taken to the past probably to be used against who was supposed to be his eventual father, and he wasn't even born in the timeline that he's now stuck in and he wasn't able to prevent his parents death and only made it happen earlier. Luckily though, his brother made it this time.
Yoh Kai AKA First Strike Kai
- Berserk Button: Don't call him by his real name which for some odd reason is Orochi. He'll get mad at you.
- Big Bad: Or so it seemed in the beginning.
- The Dragon: What he really is.
- Face Heel Revolving Door: He can't seem to choose which side he wants to be on, but as of Second Turning, he seems to have finally joined Raiju loyally.
- Fridge Brilliance: Why did he go Noble Demon? Ryou's memories and personality are mixed into Yoh Kai's body and it seems Ryou is trying to fight for dominance. Because of this, that means that when Kai's acting like a Noble Demon, that might mean Ryou is winning the dominance battle.
- That Man Is Dead: He really is
- Tomato in the Mirror: He's not even the real Kai, he's actually a clone of Raiju mixed with some of Ryou's traits, and after killing Ryou, took the name of Kai, and absorbed Ryou's essence, which ended up giving Kai a messy personality and messy memories.
- Worthy Opponent: How he treats Ryu and vice versa.
- Dark is Not Evil: Hard to tell with the original incarnation, but the remake version of her is obviously not evil and only follows what Kai does.
- Empty Shell: Second Turning. In the remake she's fine.
- The Nicknamer: Had a penchant for giving Kai nicknames . . . but this for whatever reason changed when Raiju was introduced, and at the same exact time that Kai changed personality. Does Raiju have personality changing powers or something?
- Whip It Good
- Artificial Human: The sequel to the original, Second Turning, revealed that Daisan is in reality a teddy bear taking the form of a giant brute. Despite being revealed in a fic that was a sequel to the original, this fact actually holds true for the remake as well as the author has actually connected First Strike and the Remake by using Alternate History.
- Bare-Fisted Monk: Has a gigantic build so his fists are extremely powerful.
- Bears are Bad News:
- His theme is that of a bear. He's also quite destructive.
- Both played straight and subverted in the remake. He's a brutal fighter but at the same time, he's also pretty friendly.
- Big Guy
- Dark is Not Evil: Hard to tell with the original incarnation, but the remake version has him having some dark powers, but at the same time he was also genuinely sorry for probably breaking Lee's arm.
- Empty Shell: Second Turning. In the Remake he's fine.
- Gentle Giant: The remake shows that he's one of these.
- He was made when Ryou wanted to create a copy of Ryuuji to hug. Daisan was made instead, but Daisan turned out to be a good hugger.
- Make My Monster Grow: What his job seems to be.
- Meaningful Name: His name is Daisan. In a way, this would be the equivalent to Mr. Big in English. He's also the one who grows the Kagejyus. Also his alter ego is named Daikuma which means Big Bear.
- Only One Name: He had only one name in the original but the remake reveals that Kuma might actually be his first name. He's still referred to as Daisan whenver he's mentioned.
- Out of Focus: For being one of the main bad guys he sure doesn't get featured much compared to Kai or Kyoko.
- And then the remake has the next chapter after the chapter in which Daisan had been formally introduced give Daisan some focus.
- Shout-Out: In a shout out to Kamen Rider Den-O in the remake, Daisan cooks shiitake and makes giant riceballs for Kai to eat, and Kai hates shiitake.
- Ax-Crazy: You know you're crazy when you don't even care for the well being of your subordinates and you're just simply torturing your opponents to inflict more pain when you could simply kill them.
- Big Bad: Or the closest thing so far since there's an entity known as the Kage Lord as well except the Kage Lord hasn't done much at all and the only appearance of the Kage Lord is in a prequel fic . . . and he got cut in half by Ryuuji. In a flashback even.
- Blade Below the Shoulder: His favorite move that he constantly uses against his opponents. It can extend too.
- Cerebus Ret Con: His appearance marked a slight change in tone with the story. Kyoko went from a nonchalant girl to a troubled girl. Kai went from being an Ax-Crazy villain who's ineffective to a brooding bad boy.
- Dark Is Edgy
- Doppleganger Attack: His other favorite move. He normally doesn't fight alongside his dopplegangers but he does appear with them from time to time. Also his dopplegangers can transform into the Monster of the Week.
- Expy: Actually if you look closely enough, he somewhat resembles Kai from the beginning of the original fic without the Worthy Opponent part. One must wonder if Kai's original personality just somehow shifted to Raiju instead by some supernatural mean offscreen.
- Light is Not Good: Well he doesn't use light as his powers but when his appearance is described, he kind of sounds like a good version of Kai, except Raiju's not.
- Man in White
- Shock and Awe: ANOTHER one of his favorite moves.
- Ascended Extra: Sort of. She might or might not be the woman who appeared with Raiju near the chapters of the original fic before the original fic got abandoned, but if she is, then she sort of becomes this for the prequel fic since she finally does something big and gets a name.
- Distaff Counterpart: She's pretty much a female version of Raiju. Hopefully it's not the Author retconning Raiju into a girl.
Ryuuji Hinote/ Kodenfire
- Absurdly Youthful Father: He's a sixteen year old dad to a sixteen year old boy. Wait what?
- Adaptation Expansion: Prologue of Courage.
- Aloof Big Brother: Averted. Some characters have commented on his resemblance to Ryu and have asked if Ryuuji's Ryu's long lost brother, when Ryuuji's not. He's Ryu's father. Ryuuji is also not aloof, but he does try to help Ryu out indirectly sometimes but mostly he helps directly when he has the chance.
- Badass Biker
- Crowning Moment of Heartwarming: Has a lot of them with Ryu because after all, he's Ryuuji's son. But there is one that must have special mention. Ryu's full name is Ryunosuke. Ryuuji's grandfather's name is Ryunosuke. Ryu's middle name is Jiro. Ryuuji's Big Brother Mentor is named Jiro. Ryuuji obviously named Ryu after the two most important people in his life.
- He gets another in the remake, this time in a flashback by Kai. After going through his time travels, Ryuuji started treating Kai like a son and this extended to Sara as well.
- Disappeared Dad: Didn't have much of a choice though, it was either this or let a Kill 'em All happen.
- Dude Looks Like a Lady: He's identical to his son so this is bound to happen. The difference is Ryuuji embraces this while Ryu tries to, and fail, avert this.
- Ensemble Darkhorse: Well ok, maybe he's not the most popular character but the author himself treats him like this. He's also a parody of this trope.
- Heroic Sacrifice: The only way in order for Ryu to live is for Ryuuji to sacrifice himself to defeat the Kage Lord. The remake has a short flashback that details the end of this event.
- Idiot Hero: He cannot seem to figure out that Ryu, whose from the future, young enough to be his son, and looks exactly like him, is his son. The reverse goes as well. Must run in the family.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: He's obviously a good guy even though he may act like a jerk. The prequel even goes so far as to explain his heart of gold. He started out being a jerk, albeit he didn't want to act like a Jerkass but he took it a little too far, and then later after making Sara (his eventual wife by the way) cry, he changes and is trying to assert his heart of gold. By the time he appears in the future through time travel, it's obviously past that point.
- Katanas Are Just Better: The Hinote Katana
- Parental Abandonment: It's unknown what happened to his parents, but something bad must've happened since he was raised by his grandfather. And then his grandfather died.
- Pervert Dad
- Slasher Smile: Not necessarily one but his smirk really freaks the bad guys out a lot so they treat it as such.
- The Woobie: His spinoff fics reveal a hidden side to him which reveal him to be this. He lost his grandfather when he was young, his first crush was killed because he was unable to save her, then later in life the one who he came to become close to as a ranger died, then his wife sacrificed herself to protect him and their baby, then he had to sacrifice himself in order to keep his baby safe. He had to go through a lot, and yet he never whines about it, not like Ryu who just angsts about not having parents. It's no wonder the author mentioned Ryuuji in his profile that bashed Kodenranger as a favorite.
- The Hero: Of his own spinoff fics, one a prequel and the other a Kamen Rider Fan Fic.
- Time Travel: The only way for this character to appear in the fic is through this.
- Too Cool to Live: The only justification for why he's not alive in the present.
- Uncanny Family Resemblance: He looks exactly like Ryu his son except for eye color.
- Badass Teacher: Not shown well in the original fic because he was never officially revealed to be Kodengeneral but the remake has him showing off his badass-ness in chapter 1!
- Big Eater: In the remake, he keeps a small refrigerator next to his desk where he keeps lots of goodies which he scarfs in one bite.
- Everything's Even Worse with Sharks: He's themed after a shark.
- Played straight in the original but subverted in the remake. He's a lot nicer in there.
- Freudian Excuse: The prequel suggests that the reason that Takeshi punishes Ryu the way he does is because Takeshi himself got the same punishments in his youth despite being a good student. It doesn't help that it's because of Ryuuji that Takeshi got the punishments that he got.
- Jerkass: He tortures Ryu just because Ryu is late to class one second late and afterward punishes Ryu for small things. He does not seem to do this at all to the other students. It doesn't help that Ryu's the son of the man Takeshi hates and the woman Takeshi loved.
- Averted in the remake. He's now insanely nice to Ryu and Takeshi loses everything that makes him a Jerkass.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: When he was younger he seemed to be like this to Ryuuji note . His older self in both the original fic and the remake avert this but both in different ways. The original is just a Jerk with not heart of gold while the remake version is not a jerk at all (though it is said he does severely punish his students). It's probably because the prequel is in the same canon as the remake that his younger self has a heart of gold.
- The Lancer: Has a rivalry with Ryuuji but they trust each other.
- Butt Monkey: Was constantly teased by Ryuuji in their youth, and is subject to being run over by vehicles a lot. He's also had to do a lot to make Ryu call him papa in the remake.
- Informed Ability: It's said that he's a music teacher. Problem is that we never get to see it as the only person that he teaches is Karen.
- Ho Yay: Has a lot of this with Takeshi, whose Takumi's cousin. Takeshi wants nothing to do with this.
- Jerkass: It's subtle but once you realize that Takumi is a great friend of Ryuuji's and that when Ryu first meets Takumi, Ryu has no idea who Takumi is, it probably meant that Takumi just decided to leave Ryu alone and have nothing to do with Ryu. And when you take into account that Takumi is a gentle person, Ouch.
- Luckily the remake averts this. Takumi even tries to get Ryu to call him papa since Ryu constantly calls Takeshi Take-papa yet only seems to see Takumi as an uncle.
- Lolicon: He's constantly accused to be one. It doesn't help that the person that he's closely linked to is the flat chested Karen.
- Made of Iron: well he had to be in order to survive all those cars.
- The Big Guy: Though he's the youngest and the smallest of the group, he occupies this spot as he hits hard and has to have the highest defense since he's Made of Iron.
- Animal Motifs: He's themed after a wolf.
- Badass Grandpa: For an old man, he sure does a lot of badass things.
- Casting a Shadow: He uses dark powers.
- Dark is Not Evil: While many in this story are the other trope, this one is solidly good.
- Demoted to Extra: Has less screentime in the remake. And this is The Mentor that we're talking about.
- Dirty Old Man
- Everyone Calls Him "Barkeep": Everyone calls him Ojii-chan. It's justified for Ryu and Maya as he's their grandfather but everyone else has no reason to call him this.
- Actually, everyone calling him "Ojii-chan" can be justified by Japanese society itself. Calling a man that is clearly older than your own father "Ojii-san" is not actually as offensive in Japanese as calling an older man "Grandpa" in English. Calling him "Ojii-chan" might push it a bit, but it could be chalked up to the affection the other characters have for him.
- Expy: Kodensage is similar to Dekamaster when one reads the description.
- Too Cool to Live: Judging from Ryuuji's description of him, he seemed like a cool guy. Shame that he's not around anymore.
Ryunosuke Rekka (Parallel Universe)/Kodenblack
"Too bad, Black Ryuoh is going to destroy you!"
"Vicious Soul, Kodenblack"
- Ensemble Darkhorse: There are people talking about this guy after only two few chapters of action.
- Evil Counterpart: Of Kodenred and Ryu. Has Ryu's voice, check. Has a Kodenred look, check. Has his own Black Ryuoh, check. A literal Psycho Ranger? CHECK.
- He really is an evil Ryu
- Expendable Alternate Universe: Kai didn't really care that Daisan punched a hole through Kodenblack after The Reveal since this Ryu isn't the Ryu that Kai knew. Kind of odd coming from a guy who treats an Alternate Self of his brother from an alternate history as his own brother though.
- The Reveal: HE'S RYU! Albeit from a parallel universe.