open/close all folders
Tropes Applying to All of the Members:
- Animal Motif: They all officially have one when they wore animal onesies during an Exo'luxion concert
- Cast Full of Pretty Boys: A boy band full of pretty men.
- Determinator: All of them count as such and refuse to give up. Just look at the quotes on each character trope list!
- Fire-Forged Friends: After everything they've been through, they've grown quite close
- Numerological Motif: All members havenumbers representing them in their jerseys, uniforms, suits, merchandises, even hospital scrubs.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: EXO-K is generally seen as the rowdy, juvenile red onis to the obedient, respectful blue onis of EXO-M.
- Teen Idol: They debuted when they were all 17-21 years old
Full Name: Zhang Yixing
"Iíll do my best as myself, then together with my team Iíll walk towards that most glorious day."EXO-M's main dancer, introduced on January 17, 2012. His jersey number is 10.
- Animal Motif: Either a unicorn or a ram
- Cloud Cuckoo Lander: He seemed very spacey on EXO's Showtime. Some fans jokingly flanderized this to him being perpetually high.
- The Cutie: Very caring, innocent, and even shy. Most fans of EXO consider Lay to be the most moe in EXO.
- Forgetful Jones: Frequently enters and leaves their house because of this. He's also so forgetful that he forgot he was forgetful. Flanderized by the fandom in fanfiction.
- Friendly Tickle Torture: Poor Lay was a victim of this in a Weekly Idol episode when the MCs tickled him.
- Has a Type: Stated that he liked cute girls. Averted after he said he liked anyone who liked him.
- Hates Being Touched: Especially near his neck, where he is very ticklish.
- Healing Factor: His power during the MAMA MV.
- Inelegant Blubbering: During EXO's first win, he was sobbing and needed Lu Han and Chen to hold him.
- Renaissance Man: Lay can sing, is known for being one of EXO's best dancers, can compose music, can play acoustic guitar and piano, and is adorable to top it off. He is also said to cook the best, and even took part in a cooking show. He can also breakdance, to some extent. As of September 2015, he is writing an autobiography.
- Shirtless Scene: Threw off his shirt the EXO'rdium concert.
- Stage Name: Lay in contrast to real name Zhang Yixing.
- Tender Tears: When EXO-M won their first award, Lay was the first to start crying. Also cried after their first music show win.
- That Came Out Wrong: Pronouncing the made-up duo name of him and Baekhyun (byunxing) close to the Korean term of "idiot", making Baekhyun and the host flustered.
- Undying Loyalty: He is known for his loyalty to his bandmates and his company, especially during the "Call Me Baby" era, where many netizens were questioning whether he'd stay with EXO or not, even as he'd stated numerous times that he had no intention of doing so. While EXO was promoting KFC, he refused to eat at an airport McDonald's with his family even though he was very hungry.
- Unicorn: His Animal Motif since it is his symbol in the MAMA MV.
- He considers himself a ram since he's stubborn. Even wore a ram onesie during Exo'luxion
- Workaholic: According to multiple fanaccounts, before debut, he'd practice very late into the night, often eating one meal a day or less and lost a great deal of weight. He practiced until the point of seriously injuring his waist in October 2012, and again during the Wolf era.
- As of 2016, he'd fainted in public twice, due to exhaustion.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: He had blue hair during the Wolf era.
Full Name: Kim Jongdae
"I canít tell everyone words of thanks, so I will repay you all with more exciting stages and better songs."EXO-M's main vocalist, introduced on December 29, 2011. His jersey number is 21.
- Animal Motif:
- A dinosaur, since his face looks like one. He even dressed as one during a concert
- Also a camel, since he also looks like one.
- Cat Smile: His mouth naturally curves at the end forming one
- The Captain: Specifically, Captain Beagle (the other "beagles" being Baekhyun and Chanyeol). Despite being the second oldest of the trio after Baekhyun, he's also the most responsible of the three.
- Has a Type: Likes girls with pretty eyes.
- Hidden Depths: Fandom might make him out to be a bit of a cocky troll, but he's a genuinely sweet guy who doesn't forget friends and seems to have made it a personal goal to draw out the brighter sides of some of EXO's shyer members, like D.O.
- Melismatic Vocals: Holds a very long note in the beginning of MAMA in this manner.
- Mistaken Nationality: Many fans thought he was one of EXO's Chinese members, though he was one of EXO-M's two Korean members.
- No Indoor Voice
- Perpetual Smiler: His mouth is naturally curved into a smile, and he is one of the more jovial members.
- The Prankster: Loves to troll people along with the rest of the beagle line
- Performance Anxiety: Has an anxiety with public speaking, though he has gotten much, much better at it, to the point he's been put in the spokesman role quite a few times now.
- Shock and Awe: His power during the MAMA MV.
- Stage Name: Chen in contrast to real name Kim Jongdae.
- Troll: Has this reputation, thanks to his many teasing comments towards his fellow members and pretending to give fans his phone number during a concert.
- Villainous Cheekbones: Averted; he has prominent cheekbones but is one of the sweetest members of EXO.
Full Name: Kim Minseok
"No matter what, we'll keep the same mentality we started out with."EXO-M's lead vocalist and lead dancer, introduced on January 26, 2012. His jersey number is 99.
- Animal Motif: Wore a cat onesie at Exo'luxion Dot in Seoul
- Badass Adorable: An adorable and gentle-looking guy who knows taekwondo. According to the other members, he's the strongest out of all of them.
- Breakout Character: Became this during the EXODUS era, along with Lay.
- Childhood Friends: Friends with Dongwoo of the group Infinite since childhood.
- Female Gaze: A punishment on Sukura radio had him writing his name with his butt to the camera.
- An Ice Person: His power during the MAMA MV.
- Mistaken Age: This adorable-looking guy doesn't look like he'd be the oldest member, right?
- Mistaken Nationality: Many fans thought he was one of EXO's Chinese members, though he was one of EXO-M's two Korean members.
- Neat Freak: He enjoys cleaning, and is referred to as such by his fellow members.
- Older Than They Look: Surprisingly the oldest member despite his baby face.
- Pint-Sized Powerhouse: One of the shorter members but the strongest out of the 12 of them
- The Prankster: When asked who was the funniest one in the group, EXO-M pointed to him.
- The Quiet One: Doesn't talk very much. His 2014 new year's resolution was to speak more.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: The quiet, low-key Blue Oni to Lu Han's cheery, playful Red.
- Shirtless Scene: During the EXO'luXion concert in Seoul. Also wore a see-through shirt in the "Call Me Baby" MV.
- Stage Name: Xiumin in contrast to real name Kim Minseok.
- The Stoic: One of the few members that has never been seen crying onstage or in an interview. He is referred to as one of the calmest and quietest members.
- Trademark Favorite Food: He likes coffee and wants to have barista license someday. He had a barista lesson for their Showtime variety show and had a barista-themed magazine photoshoot.
Full Name: Kim Joonmyun
"You're pretty now. But if you don't learn to love yourself, even if you are pretty, you're not truly considered as a beauty."EXO-K's leader (the leader of EXO as of May 2014) and lead vocalist, introduced on February 15, 2012. His jersey number is 1.
- Animal Motif: Wore a bunny onesie during their Exo'luxion concert.
- The Cutie: Adorkable and very friendly and caring towards his members.
- Determinator: Definitely deserves a mention here. He trained for seven years while going to school.
- Gratuitous English: In an interview he says with a heavy accent, "You're watching True Music Channerru."
- Has a Type: Likes girls who are shorter than him and have double eyelids and long, non-colourful hair. Averted later, when he amends his "type" to something less specific.
- The Klutz: Dropped his microphone during an interview from The Star
- The Leader: Of EXO-K pre-Overdose era, and then became the leader of EXO.
- Making a Splash: His power during the MAMA MV.
- Meaningful Name: Suho meaning "guardian", as he is the very caring leader of EXO.
- The Medic: Carries around a first aid kit and piles of vitamins for himself and the other members.
- Older Than They Look: He doesn't look a day over 17, yet he is the third oldest of EXO (25 as of now).
- One of Us: Sang Zankoku no Tenshi no Thesis. Posed with a lightsaber. Has extensive manga collections◊. Pointed as member who's the happiest after their collaboration with Star Wars was announced.
- Shirtless Scene: In a picture Sehun posted on his Instagram on his birthday. Had another one during the EXO'luxion concert at Tokyo dome
- The Smart Guy: Apparently got one of the best marks in his school while he was attending.
- Stage Name: Suho in contrast to real name Kim Joonmyun.
- Uncle Pennybags: Despite coming from a wealthy family, he is very polite and caring towards his bandmates and his fans, and a dedicated leader. Also called $uho by fans.
Full Name: Byun Baekhyun
"Life is only a path of efforts."One of EXO-K's main vocalists, introduced on January 30, 2012. His jersey number is 4.
- Alliterative Name: Byun Baekhyun
- Annoying Laugh: Tends to sound like he's having an asthma attack. Some may find it endearing though.
- Badass Adorable: Adorable and delicate he may look, he also knows hapkido.
- Big Damn Heroes: Stood up for a girl being bullied for being overweight in high school.
- Big Guy, Little Guy: The little guy to Chanyeol's Big Guy, despite being the older one by half a year.
- Blinding Bangs: His hairstyle during the last half of Overdose promotions.
- Character Tics: He always pulls out his in-ears if he finds the audio setup is bad or before he performs long note in a song.
- Catchphrase: "Kkaebsong."
- Does Not Like Spam: He doesn't like cucumber.
- Four is Death - Doesn't seem to apply this trope, as his customized jersey number is four.
- The Gadfly: Which has caught him some flak from time to time.
- Guyliner: Out of all the members, he wears the most
- Has a Type: Likes bright, petite girls who play hard to get. This is extra amusing after he was revealed to be dating Taeyeon, who is pretty much exactly that.
- Light 'em Up: His power during the MAMA MV.
Full Name: Park Chanyeol
"No matter how hard it is, I'll always smile like an idiot."EXO-K's main rapper, introduced on February 23, 2012. His jersey number is 61.
- Animal Motif: Wore a white tiger onesie during Exo'luxion
- Big Guy, Little Guy: The big guy to Baekhyun's little guy.
- Friend to All Living Things: Really likes animals. He had a pet ferret, parrot, cat, and dog when he was younger and even feeds stray cats
- Genki Girl: He is EXO's "Happy Virus", and is a big ball of energy to match.
- Narcissist: In a competition in his school festival when Chanyeol was in middle school, he answered, ďI want to marry the man who has the same face as meĒ to the question of what would he do if he were a female.
- She's Got Legs: Rare male variant. Has long, slender legs to match his height.
- Innocently Insensitive: Gently poked fun of Kai's dark skin on Sukira, garnering a great deal of backlash. There's also an old post made by him during his trainee days where he made fun of SNSD's appearance without makeup. Anti's use this trope to make him out as an arrogant jerkass.
- Keet: Though he is rather tall, he definitely fits as he's cute and talkative.
- Lovable Coward: As a trainee, Sehun asked Chanyeol to help him with a boy harassing him over Nate-On. Chanyeol ended up getting scared and exiting the chat room. Still a beloved member though.
- Motor Mouth: Most prominently during Two Moons and Black Pearl where he raps incredibly fast.
- Playing with Fire: His power during the MAMA MV.
- Reaction Shot: Known as the "Reaction King" because of his memorable reactions.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: The animated, loud and happy-go-lucky Red Oni to the serious, responsible fellow rapper Kris's Blue Oni.
- Running Gag: Biting other people, apparently.
- Shirtless Scene: A short one during the EXO'rdium concert. He was also very very proud of himself
- Slasher Smile: Sports a pretty big one◊ during EXO Showcase in Seoul.
- Stepford Smiler: "No matter how hard something is, I will always smile like an idiot." Many netizens think his "Happy Virus" persona is mostly an act.
- Vocal Dissonance: The lithe, baby-faced Chanyeol has an impressively low voice.
- Wholesome Crossdresser: In a pre-debut video he's crossdressed at a competition.
Full Name: Do Kyungsoo
"To bind us and keep us strong in a special world, where we belong."One of EXO-K's main vocalists, introduced on January 30, 2012. His jersey number is 12.
- Accidental Pervert: Once walked in on Kai in the shower.
- Animal Motif: If often compared to a penguin. Confirmed when he wore a penguin onesie
- Big Guy, Little Guy: Little Guy to Kai's Big Guy.
- Death Glare: Gained the nickname "SatanSoo and "CreepSoo".
- Dishing Out Dirt: His power during the MAMA MV.
- Even the Guys Want Him: Most popular member among men, as shown in his fanboy compilation.
- Has a Type: Likes girls who have pretty smiles that like to eat.
- Melismatic Vocals: Holds a very long note in the beginning of MAMA in this manner.
- Momma's Boy
- Not So Stoic: Chanyeol believes that he is the hardest to prank, but also the most amusing.
- Not So Above It All: Danced with a bag of meat on his head during EXO's Showtime.
- One Head Taller: Kris and Chanyeol are about a head taller than him.
- Performance Anxiety: Got especially bad after a mishap in one of EXO's very first live broadcasts. He got better, but almost four years later and he hasn't been able to completely get over it.
- Sugar and Ice Personality: He is deadpan and brutally honest on the surface, but a dedicated member and polite to his fans that treat him and the rest of EXO well.
- Surprisingly Good English: Speaks English without much accent.
- Team Chef: The members love his cooking, and let him be in charge for cooking in the dorm. He genuinely enjoys feeding people too.
- Team Mom: He had this reputation during the MAMA era because he is known for being very tidy and a good cook.
- Undying Loyalty: To EXO, self-professed.
- Weak, but Skilled: Doesn't have much raw physical strength, but is very good with "critical hits."
Full Name: Kim Jong-in
"I'd have no regrets dying on stage."EXO-K's main dancer, and rapper, introduced on December 23, 2011. His jersey number is 88.
- Ambiguously Brown: However, this is becoming more and more of an Informed Attribute, as he isn't that much darker-skinned than fellow members.
- Animal Motif: Is often compared to a beagle. Wore a bear onesie during Exo'luxion Dot in Seoul
- Big Guy, Little Guy: Big Guy to D.O's Little Guy.
- Dark-Skinned Blond: During the Wolf and Overdose eras. He isn't terribly dark skinned, however...
- Does Not Like Shoes: He doesn't like wearing socks.
- Has a Type: Likes girls who are passionate about what they love, but puts personality first.
- Heavy Sleeper: Apparently sleeps like a "dead log" and wouldn't notice if you threw him off a balcony.
- Informed Attribute: He gained the nickname "kkamjong" because of his supposedly dark skin. Many international fans have been quick to point out that he isn't really dark-skinned.
- The Klutz: According to other SM artists, he breaks everything
- Offscreen Teleportation: His power during the MAMA MV.
- Real Men Wear Pink: He does ballet.
- Shirtless Scene: A few of his MAMA era photos, and a photoshoot. Wore a see-through shirt in the "Call Me Baby" MV.
- Shrinking Violet: Often gets embarrassed after striking cutesy or flashy poses.
- Sleepyhead: ďDonít touch me when Iím sleeping please - except when the fried chicken delivery is here.Ē
- Trademark Favorite Food: Loves fried chicken.
- Younger Than He Looks: Young than he lets on, onstage anyways. His status as Mr. Fanservice probably is a big factor in this trait.
Full Name: Oh Se-hoon
"We may be separated into two groups, but really, we are one big family."EXO-K's lead dancer, rapper, visual, and maknae (youngest member), as well as maknae to all of EXO. Introduced on January 10, 2012. His jersey number is 94.
- Animal Motif: Wore a wolf onesie during an Exo'luxion concert in Seoul
- Big Little Brother: The youngest member yet is one of the tallest members.
- Big Ol' Eyebrows
- Blow You Away: His power during the MAMA MV.
- Brainless Beauty: In a teaser for Problematic Men Suho claims he is
- Catchphrase: "Yehet".
- Dandere: He's soft-spoken, and comes off as aloof and apathetic, but he claims that he's just shy, and is pretty dorky.
- Friend to All Children: Gets along with children well, understandably as he is the youngest in EXO.
- The Illegible: An example is when he was supposed to write "오세훈", and his writing... didn't look anything like it.
- Kaleidoscope Hair: During the Wolf era, he had pretty rainbow hair◊.
- No Sense of Personal Space
- Performance Anxiety: He has a public speaking anxiety.
- Perpetual Frowner: Tries to be this, but he does smile often enough.
- Real Men Love Jesus: Wears rosaries often, and prays every night before he goes to bed.
- Speech Impediment: Has a lisp. After the London incident, it's no longer an acceptable target.
- Surprisingly Good English: He has the best pronunciation among Korean members.
- Trademark Favorite Food: Loves bubble tea.
Full Name: Lu Han
"Don't give up on your dreams and keep reaching."Was one of EXO-M's lead vocalists, lead dancer, and visual, introduced on December 27, 2011. His previous jersey number was 7. Left EXO in October 2014 due to poor health and alleged mistreatment of Chinese members. Tropes applying to his solo career can be seen here.
- Animal Motifs: Often compared to a deer.
- Beware the Quiet Ones: Lu Han is known for being one of the more innocent and good-natured, if not shy, members of EXO. While filming for a movie during June 2014, he called out a stalker on Weibo, stating that she's too audacious, and that he wouldn't dare post what she said on his account. Previously, he'd also shown fans waiting for him the phone number of a stalker who'd called Lu Han.
- Big Brother Instinct: Little brother instinct in this case, when fan insulting Xiumin in Chinese in front of Lu Han got him so angry that he dragged Xiumin away in a huff.
- Bishōnen: All of the members are this, he just takes this trope Up to Eleven with his pretty, slim and tall figure. So much that Suho said that his ideal woman was one that looked like a long-haired Lu Han.
- Breakout Character: Well-liked since MAMA era, enough to get a role in a movie during Overdose era.
- Captain Obvious: When asked what the biggest difference is between Korean and Chinese fans, Lu Han said "the language".
- Cool Big Sis: Gender-inverted, often thought to be this for EXO's members, as he tends to them rather often.
- The Cutie: Baby-faced, gentle, goofy and soft-spoken.
- Dude Looks Like a Lady: Suho compared him to a girl, and Lu Han was far from amused by this.
- Embarrassing Nickname: Marilyn Monroe. In fact, he pretty much hates being compared to a girl in general, even jokingly.
- Even the Guys Want Him: Suho confessed to having a crush on Lu Han twice, during EXO's first Showcase, and during the Overdose era.
- The Face: Was officially one for EXO, and this especially rang true during the MAMA era.
- Friend to All Children: He shook a child's hand, though his hands were already full. There's also this account:"The little kids clearly all really liked Lu Han, and kept talking to him. Lu Han would always stoop down to listen carefully, nod intently, and reply. Afterwards, as soon as the kids raised their heads, he would stoop, lean over and listen with a really gentle expression. Later, because it was easier to chat with the kids, he just crouched down and would keep one eye on the recording while constantly playing with the kids."
- Full-Name Basis: Lu Han is actually his full name, though some mistakenly claim that "Xi" is his surname.
- Has a Type: Likes pale, long haired, quiet girls.
- Hates Being Touched: He hates people lying down on his bed, and hates his head being touched. Amusingly enough, he is pretty touchy-feely with his bandmates.
- Heroic R.R.O.D.: As of September 2014, he had to miss 2 upcoming concerts because he was deathly ill. He left SM and EXO because of his health issues.
- I Want to Be a Real Man: Often wishes to be referred to as manly.
- Jack-of-All-Trades: He's good at singing and dancing, he is known to be one of the band's best-looking/prettiest members, he can act well enough for SM to give him a role in a movie, he can speak Korean pretty well.
- The Lancer: Lu Han was rumoured to be EXO-M's new leader, and is often seen as another hyung to the members aside from Kris.
- Lethal Chef: He jokes that his cooking could kill someone. According to a fanaccount, he caused a kitchen fire once.
- Lovable Jock: Pretty good at soccer, and also a good guy.
- Mind over Matter: His power during the MAMA MV.
- Mistaken Age: Mistaken to be younger than he really is.
- Mr. Fanservice: Acquired this status in his solo of "The Star" during the Overdose Era. Also, he has a Shirtless Scene in the opening VCR of The Lost Planet concert.
- No Sense of Personal Space: Not afraid to be touchy-feely with others.
- Older Than He Looks: Can you believe this baby-face◊ man is 26?
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: The goofy, cheery Red Oni to the introverted, less silly Xiumin's Blue Oni.
- School Idol: Apparently was very popular at school before moving to Korea. He had his own fanclub.
- Shirtless Scene: His MAMA◊ album photos and the opening VCR of The Lost Planet concert has him topless.
- Shrinking Violet: Tends to be shy, though he is slowly opening up. Apparently, he got yelled at by staff during the MAMA era for being too shy.
- Slasher Smile: Yes, The Cutie has a pretty funny/creepy one.
- Stepford Smiler: With the way he cheerfully interacted with his fellow members and his playful attitude on camera, nobody knew that he was terribly ill and that he couldn't take being an idol any longer.
- Surprisingly Good English: His pronunciation is near perfect especially considering he spent almost his whole life in China
Full Name: Wu Yifan
"Life is a game. Play it."Was EXO-M's main rapper and leader (until early 2013, after having been temporarily kicked out). Introduced on February 17, 2012, and left in May 2014 due to illness, abuse from management, and lack of career opportunities. His previous jersey number was 00. Tropes applying to his solo career can be seen here.
- Big Brother Instinct: According to fans, he got wounded while protecting Lay from hordes of fans grabbing at EXO-M in China.
- Big Brother Mentor: Once to Tao. No longer the case after leaving EXO.
- Big Ol' Eyebrows: Sports a thick pair of them.
- Canada, Eh?: Lived in Canada for a part of his childhood.
- "Maybe Next Time."
- The Determinator: Trained for five years in Korea before becoming a part of EXO, without prior knowledge of the language. According to fanaccounts, he suffered severe homesickness and racism. He went on to be one of the most fluent Chinese members.
- According to Chinese netizens, he's regularly stay up past 4:00 am to practice his basketball, long after everyone else left, after moving to Canada.
- Et Tu, Brute?: Reactions of fans and members alike to him leaving the group. It is especially implied that the members themselves did not know of his intentions beforehand.
- Friend to All Children: He has a notably big soft spot for children, in contrast to his usual stoic attitude.
- Flight: His power during the MAMA MV.
- Guttural Growler: Tends to sound like this when he raps.
- Heroic R.R.O.D.: As of July 2015, he confirmed that he actually did develop a potentially fatal heart condition, likely due to extreme stress and overwork from working under SM.
- I Have Many Names: Li Jiaheng, Kevin Li, Wu Yifan, Kris Wu...Ben Ben..
- The Illegible: Has very questionable writing◊.
- The Leader: Unlike most groups where leadership is automatically given to the eldest member, he was EXO-M's leader as he was protective, responsible, and an omniglot). His fellow members and fans saw him as a Big Brother Mentor to EXO as a whole. He was demoted as of Wolf/Growl era after pissing the management off, and no longer possesses the role due to no longer being a member of EXO.
- Lovable Jock: Able to play basketball extremely well and is good at archery, and is also a good guy.
- Manly Tears: He is usually very reserved and extremely composed. He has been brought to tears multiple times.
- Misery Builds Character: Said in an interview for a magazine that his job was full of hardship, but it would be meaningless if it weren't. Now Harsher In Hindsight, as apparently he couldn't bear working for SM any longer, and filed a lawsuit.
- Momma's Boy: Gently pleaded with his fans not to take pictures of his mother.
- Omniglot: Can speak English, Cantonese, Mandarin, and Korean competently.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: Serious, levelheaded Blue to sensitive fellow rappers Tao's and other fellow rapper Chanyeol's Reds.
- Renaissance Man: Can speak 4 languages, play basketball, rap, sing, compose, act, play the drums, lead a very prominent boy band, and according to the director of "Somewhere Only We Know", is good at playing both the piano and cello, and actually played those instruments during the movie.
- Silk Hiding Steel: He has near perfect etiquette and is known for being very patient with his fans. He also helped manage EXO behind the scenes and was the first artist to file a lawsuit against his powerful entertainment company in 5 years after Han Geng.
- Stepford Smiler: Like Lu Han, he tried his best to seem happy to be an idol and was exceedingly gentle with his fans, despite being very physically ill and suffering from depression. Many fans suspected he was this long before he filed a lawsuit.
- Team Dad: In contrast to Suho's Team Mom tendencies, he acted the part during MAMA era and Wolf/Growl era, by buying his fellow members medicine when they were sick, and stood up to an MC who jokingly told the audience that EXO-M wouldn't understand Chinese. He took responsibility for speaking for the rest of EXO-M when they were too shy to speak/didn't understand what the MC was saying.
- Terrible Artist: So bad at drawing that fans started sarcastically calling him Kriscasso.
Full Name: Huang Zitao
"Nothing in the world is impossible for me."Was EXO-M's lead rapper and maknae. Introduced on December 27, 2011. His previous jersey number was 68. Went on hiatus since April 2015 for treatment of multiple injuries, and officially left in August 2015.
- Animal Motif: "I'm EXO-M's Kung Fu Panda Tao!"
- Badass Adorable: An adorable and delicate-looking guy who also knows Wushu.
- The Big Guy: For EXO-M; he knows kung-fu and is the second tallest in EXO-M (third or fourth tallest in EXO).
- Big Little Brother: For EXO-M, he was the second tallest, then the tallest in EXO-M as of June 2014.
- Creepy Shadowed Undereyes: Tends to have prominent eye circles. It's how he got the nickname "panda".
- Crouching Moron, Hidden Badass: Not the smartest person but could definitely break your neck in a second
- Cute Bruiser: Cute and child-like who also knows Wushu.
- Despair Event Horizon: Accidentally liked a rated Taohun fic on Weibo and received much flack. He lost any hope of trying to excuse himself and so later changed his profile description to "Donít want to explain anything anymore, donít know anything. Can only say that Weibo is a trap."
- Face of a Thug: Looks like a badass, and knows Wushu, and is one of the most sensitive and expressive members.
- The Fighting Narcissist: Downplayed, he knows kung fu and likes taking selfies.
- Has a Type: Likes naturally pretty girls.
- Idiot Ball: Seems to have grasped it firmly after he left the group, including showing up late and interrupting a fashion show by barging down the runway (while other attendees sent him furious looks), and then publicly announcing his support for Yoon Eun Hye, a designer who is currently in the middle of a huge plagiarism scandal.
- Inelegant Blubbering: Was reduced to inconsolable sobbing during EXO-M's YinYueTai interview. In the "Miracles in December" MV, he was genuinely crying. He was also known for having sobbing meltdowns while still with the group to the point that some fansites dubbed it his trademark.
- Motor Mouth: In Black Pearl his rap is very fast.
- Mouthy Kid: Known for frequently telling off EXO's more stalker-ish fans on Weibo and the 3rd youngest member of EXO (the youngest in EXO-M).
- My God, What Have I Done?: His response in a Sina interview after leaving EXO in 2015 was to tear up, begging Kris for forgiveness after having insulted him after his departure from EXO.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: Outspoken, fiery Red Oni to serious Kris's and aloof Sehun's Blue Oni
- Time Master: His power during the MAMA MV.