Characters: Dynasty Warriors-The Jin Famed Generals
A list of the famed generals of the Jin Kingdom in the Dynasty Warriors
open/close all folders
"The Obstinate Dog"
"I must look to take pride in the battles I fight!"
Japanese spelling: Shoukatsutai
Height: 5'6" (168cm)
Zhuge Dan is a member of Zhuge Liang's family. A serious and upright individual, he has trouble accepting opinions that clash with his own. He is known for opposing Sima Zhao.
- Black Sheep - Zhuge Liang is "The Dragon" while Zhuge Jin is "The Tiger". Dan? "The Dog".
- Butt Monkey/No Respect Guy - Feels he's treated this way in Jin.
- Think that's bad? Select Zhuge Liang to be his ally in conquest mode. He will wonder if he's really related to him.
- Expy - He looks like he would be much more at home hanging with the Cullen family in Forks.
- Feathered Fan of Doom - Perhaps it runs in the family.
- Perpetual Frowner
- Foe Yay - With Sima Zhao
- He Who Fights Monsters: His desire to wrest Wei back from the Sima family and what he sees as Sima Zhao's laziness and incompetence ends with him siding with one fo Wei's enemies and his obsession makes him far more incompetent (and cruel) than Sima Zhao.
- Hey, It's That Voice! - Kirimoto also voices Aiber and Riichi Jinnouchi.
- Jerkass - A general that actually harms his allies in his obstinance and is presented as having no redeeming qualities whatsoever.
- Alternate Character Interpretation: An officer loyal to the Emperor who strived to do what he thought right, but could never match up to expectations and snapped from the pressure. It's notable that his defining characteristic in Conquest Mode is Heroic Self-Deprecation.
- He also seemed to be well-respected and fairly considerate of his subordinates while he was serving within Jin's ranks.
- Ron the Death Eater - Has shades of this as a canon example, as he starts as an experienced general who others thought highly of (especially compared to Sima Zhao). Come near the end of Jin's story, he has defected to Wu, taken a level in Jerkassery, and executes one of his own generals for saying that Zhao was the better man compared to him while Zhao himself welcomes any of Dan's men that willingly surrender without any harm.
- Shock and Awe - His first musou
- The Starscream - He does not highly regard Sima Zhao. He eventually rebels, joins Wu, and ends up fighting Zhao.
- Taking You with Me - Does this to Sima Zhao by trapping him in a room and setting it ablaze.
- Throw the Dog a Bone: He finally gets some genuine praise from a fellow strategist in Warriors Orochi 3. That fellow strategist? His cousin, Zhuge Liang himself. Made even better when you take the above Black Sheep description into account:
Zhuge Liang: Dragons and tigers obey no one, yet dogs are forever loyal.
- Villainous Breakdown
"The Sickly Minister"
"It's about time I got going."
Voiced by: Satoru Kamata (Japanese), Dan Woren
Japanese spelling: Kakuwai
Height: 5'9" (176cm)
Guo Huai rose to prominence under Cao Pi and defended Wei many times from Jiang Wei's advances. He is an individual plagued by illness during the campaigns against Shu. Even with his weakened state, however, he is truly a reliable warrior to have on the battlefront. Loyal to Wei above all else, Guo Huai feels indebted to Xiahou Yuan and Sima Yi.
"The Baby-Faced Warrior"
"Alright, it's time for me to get a move on, I guess."
Japanese spelling: Kakouha
Height: 5'3" (160cm)
Xiahou Ba is Xiahou Yuan's second son and a military general for both Wei and Jin who ultimately rebelled against Sima Zhao and defected to Shu
He is a bright young man who inherits his father's integrity and will. To hide his age, he clads himself in full armor. Xiahou Ba is striving hard to live up to the expectations of his reputed family.
Voiced by: Yuuki Ono (Japanese)
Japanese spelling: Bun'ou
Son of Wei general Wen Qin and often compared with Zhao Yun. Wen Yang participates in Guanqiu Jian's rebellion and had a part in causing Sima Shi's death. When Zhuge Dan rebelled and subsequently tried to put Wen Qin to death, Wen Yang was outraged and defected to Jin, becoming one of its greatest generals.